Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment I just finished Planescape: Torment and...

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
If you haven't played them yet, I strongly recommend you play Final Fantasy X and Nier games.

Sorry, I really can't stand the JRPG visual style(

Too bad! Those are some of the games I consider to have better stories than PST

Also there are anime better than Naruto, but still.

f4b0b84fc2d2d2660a5d3a0b3b065a67.jpg

Deleted Member 16721

I'm a big fan of PS:T, loved the game when I first played through it and thought it was a masterpiece. I really like the Planescape setting in general, and was surprised to see there are no Planescape modules made by fans for either NWN or NWN2. I want more of the setting, dang flabbit!

Also, as I mentioned earlier, Numenera is a great game. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it is basically the same as PS:T minus the annoying random encounters with thugs throughout Sigil. I highly recommend it if you go in knowing it's more of a visual novel, it's like playing a good book. The writing is sublime and the world is beautiful and unique, well worth exploring. It also feels like the world is much bigger than you are, and there are so many sights to see and gadgets to tinker with, as well as weird encounters with aliens and other strange people. Lots of choices so it feels as though your choices make a difference in how things turn out. I don't care what anyone says, Numenera is incline and worth it for fans of PS:T like myself.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
I'm a big fan of PS:T, loved the game when I first played through it and thought it was a masterpiece. I really like the Planescape setting in general, and was surprised to see there are no Planescape modules made by fans for either NWN or NWN2. I want more of the setting, dang flabbit!

Also, as I mentioned earlier, Numenera is a great game. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it is basically the same as PS:T minus the annoying random encounters with thugs throughout Sigil. I highly recommend it if you go in knowing it's more of a visual novel, it's like playing a good book. The writing is sublime and the world is beautiful and unique, well worth exploring. It also feels like the world is much bigger than you are, and there are so many sights to see and gadgets to tinker with, as well as weird encounters with aliens and other strange people. Lots of choices so it feels as though your choices make a difference in how things turn out. I don't care what anyone says, Numenera is incline and worth it for fans of PS:T like myself.

I played for some years with the idea of creating the narrative-driven platformer about Fall-From-Grace fulfilling her promise and doing Ishtar-like quest of take a journey down the hell spiral to find the Nameless One. It would look somethinglike DroneZ in my mind.

Obviously, I will never be able to afford the license on setting, so dreams will stay the dreams.

8380_5c3b44d093658.png

hexer

and was surprised to see there are no Planescape modules made by fans for either NWN or NWN2. I want more of the setting, dang flabbit!

Actually there have been huge Planescape modules in development for both NWN and NWN 2.
The NWN project released a prototype but ended when one of the project leads commited suicide.
The NWN 2 project even released a cool demo when Obsidian hired the project lead and essentialy stopped the mod's development.
What can you do? Only find comfort in books and ADnD materials :)

Deleted Member 16721

Actually there have been huge Planescape modules in development for both NWN and NWN 2.
The NWN project released a prototype but ended when one of the project leads commited suicide.
The NWN 2 project even released a cool demo when Obsidian hired the project lead and essentialy stopped the mod's development.

Yeah, I have the 3 Planescape bestiaries, including the one very rare one (3rd book, I believe.) Also, I read the Planescape trilogy, which is a fun romp through Sigil and the Planes. Not the most amazing writing but it's a fun read if you're a fan of the Planescape setting.

hexer

Yeah, I have the 3 Planescape bestiaries, including the one very rare one (3rd book, I believe.) Also, I read the Planescape trilogy, which is a fun romp through Sigil and the Planes. Not the most amazing writing but it's a fun read if you're a fan of the Planescape setting.

Hehe great to hear you're a fan too! I have all the PS books, figurines, necklaces, etc. I'm a collector.
I even have 2 copies of PS Sketchbook. They cost me a small fortune :hahano:

Deleted Member 16721

Hehe great to hear you're a fan too! I have all the PS books, figurines, necklaces, etc. I'm a collector.

Cool, I'm a collector of the module books as well. I have several of them, also pretty rare, like Hellbound and what not. I don't play tabletop but I like reading the books like a proper D&D nerd. :)

Deleted Member 16721

I'd like to start collecting Numenera setting books and what not, novels and the like. I really like the Numenera setting that was displayed in Tides. It was really an interesting world to explore and learn about it. If you like reading and accept that Tides is a visual novel basically, devoid mostly of combat, it really is a fun game to spend time with and delve deeply in.

hexer

Cool, I'm a collector of the module books as well. I have several of them, also pretty rare, like Hellbound and what not. I don't play tabletop but I like reading the books like a proper D&D nerd. :)

The best things in my collection are PS Sketchbooks (I have two of them) and a signed copy of PST from Chris Avellone.
I managed to meet him 2 years ago and he signed it for me, he even made a drawing of his stickman fooling around in Sigil :lol:

I'd like to start collecting Numenera setting books and what not, novels and the like. I really like the Numenera setting that was displayed in Tides. It was really an interesting world to explore and learn about it. If you like reading and accept that Tides is a visual novel basically, devoid mostly of combat, it really is a fun game to spend time with and delve deeply in.

I never got into Numenera, probably because I'm critical of Monte Cook's Planescape work.
He would always do something that would piss me off..
Like starting a Faction War and then never releasing the sequel that was planned to sort things out.

Deleted Member 16721

The best things in my collection are PS Sketchbooks (I have two of them) and a signed copy of PST from Chris Avellone.
I managed to meet him 2 years ago and he signed it for me, he even made a drawing of his stickman fooling around in Sigil :lol:

I never got into Numenera, probably because I'm critical of Monte Cook's Planescape work.
He would always do something that would piss me off..
Like starting a Faction War and then never releasing the sequel that was planned to sort things out.

I'm not that familiar with the Numenera setting, only what I saw in Tides. Tides was one of the rare RPGs that immediately upon finishing it I wanted to run through it again. It really grabbed me.

Your PS collection sounds nice bro. What are the sketchbooks? Are they like concept art and the like for the game, or just the setting in general? I really like the art book and comic that came with Hellbound. The artbook is really twisted.

hexer

Your PS collection sounds nice bro. What are the sketchbooks? Are they like concept art and the like for the game, or just the setting in general? I really like the art book and comic that came with Hellbound. The artbook is really twisted.

PS Sketchbook is a super-rare, 32 page promo booklet that Dana Knutson (main Planescape artist before Diterlizzi picked up the torch) made and sold at GenCon in 1994.
I think only a hundred or so were printed. Most of them are lost/destroyed and are so rare to find that the last time they've been listed on eBay is when I bought two of them in 2010.
Each was $1550 so I keep them in the bank's safe. You can see the covers and 2 pages of art here https://www.acaeum.com/ps/promos/sketchbook.html

Deleted Member 16721

PS Sketchbook is a super-rare, 32 page promo booklet that Dana Knutson (main Planescape artist before Diterlizzi picked up the torch) made and sold at GenCon in 1994.
I think only a hundred or so were printed. Most of them are lost/destroyed and are so rare to find that the last time they've been listed on eBay is when I bought two of them in 2010.
Each was $1550 so I keep them in the bank's safe. You can see the covers and 2 pages of art here https://www.acaeum.com/ps/promos/sketchbook.html

Nice man. For only being 100 copies printed with lots of them lost over time, $1550 is a good price. Good stuff. :)

Deleted Member 16721

I also wrote a book called Planescraft on implementing Planescape setting into Fantasy Craft system.
You can read it here: https://www.scribd.com/document/79094266/Planescraft-second-playtest
I still think it's the most detailed compilation of Planescape game mechanics from all sources in one place.
Check out the timeline at the end, I compiled it from all sources I could think of!

Nice man! I can't read it unless I sign up and I'm o on my tablet. I'll sign up tomorrow and check it out.

Cael

Arcane
Suikoden 1,2 and 4 had pretty good stories. Also that one where you were air pirates with people living on land floating in an infinite sky.

Deleted Member 16721

Suikoden 1,2 and 4 had pretty good stories. Also that one where you were air pirates with people living on land floating in an infinite sky.

Suikoden 3 is also excellent.

Cael

Arcane

Suikoden 3 is also excellent.
Wasn't 3 the one that took place 200 years in the past or something? That one didn't grab me as much, I have to admit.

Deleted Member 16721

Wasn't 3 the one that took place 200 years in the past or something? That one didn't grab me as much, I have to admit.

It's one of my favorite RPGs ever. It has the excellent and unique Tri Story system where you see the story from various perspectives.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom