Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I would like to see a medievil RPG without any kind of magic

That's a really good point I hadn't thought of before. Dialogues in RPG's are rarely challenging, if they have any impact at all, it's just a matter of choosing the nice guy options and getting people to like you. Mainly they're there just to add flavor.

I think one way to make things more challenging is to offer mysteries to solve, though. You do occasionally see it in games. Of course it's only challenging the first time, after that it's just mildly annoying. When there are only a limited number of people to talk to, and only the important ones have actual names, it also by default narrows down how much you have to search and encourages a brute-force solution of just talking to everyone until the right option pops up, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom