Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment If you could unplay an RPG, what would it be?

Arbiter

Scholar
Probably one of those modern open world games, like AC: Odyssey. Soooo much wasted time, even long after it stopped being fun. Dunno why I finished it.

I believe it was designed to be huge because of the success of Witcher 3. Later AC games are said to be smaller, but I have not played anything after Oddysey.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
For the most part, I don't really regret time I've spent with bad games. In the case of something like Fallout 3, I'd always feel curious about just how bad it could be, if I hadn't played it through.

The only bad game where I feel like I got absolutely nothing out of it, and it only wasted my time, was KotOR 2.

Arbiter

Scholar
The only bad game where I feel like I got absolutely nothing out of it, and it only wasted my time, was KotOR 2.

Was it due to buginess of the original release or did you find the content boring?

I believe Free Will does not exist, everything is predetermined, as such i don't regret anything, because there was never an alternative to begin with it.

The 'mistakes' from the past are built knowledge so to you avoid repeating it again, for example, i learned the hard way that i should never cook while sleepy. I also learned after 5k hours that League of Legends is shit, as such, it was permanently deleted from my PC 3 years ago.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Probably one of those modern open world games, like AC: Odyssey. Soooo much wasted time, even long after it stopped being fun. Dunno why I finished it.

I believe it was designed to be huge because of the success of Witcher 3. Later AC games are said to be smaller, but I have not played anything after Oddysey.
Maybe, but not by much. Valhalla really follows the same concept. Too much repetitive content.

Inquisitor.

An insidious game that lures you deeper and deeper into depravity with an atmosphere superficially resembling Diablo 1 only to stick a shiv in your back far into Act 2 after enduring endless walls of repetitive text and giant boring dungeons with nary a town portal spell to be found. Isolated and alone, you come to realize that past the first act the plot just repeats itself over and over but utterly parched, you drink deeply from the well of sunken cost and soldier on. Don't do it friends, have no illusions about it.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In reality? None.

Theoretically? Demon's Age. It took assets from Chaos Chronicles, and made one of the shittiest rpgs I have ever played.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I don't think I regret any of the RPGs I've played, even the bad ones. The closest would be warning my past self not to buy Pentiment assuming it was an RPG without reading anything about it so I could avoid spending the next 15 hours getting gradually more and more butthurt that it clearly wasn't.

ADL

Prophet
Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn+Heavensward free trial. It does not in fact "get better after 150-200 hours".

mold

Novice
Pathfinder: Kingmaker is the only game I have ever truly hated. Felt like it was purposefully designed to waste player's time - everything was slow and sticky, there was lots of going back and forth and kingdom management got in the way of adventuring. I loathed the companions and how the game pushed them. All that and lots of smaller annoyances made it a plain terrible experience. I quit somewhere in chapter two. Then someone convinced me to get the dungeon DLC so I could focus on character builds and combat, but it was just more money and time wasted... There was not a single thing I liked about the game. Even with games I dislike I usually keep the installers on a backup disk, but not in this case. Deleted all files, including screenshots, and am never touching that piece of shit again. I very much regret backing it and I wish I'd never even heard of it.

Of the games I completed, Divinity: Original Sin 2 is one I wish I hadn't played at all. Huge disappointment after the first one and it just kept getting worse as it progressed. Lost interest in Larian after that slog.

9ted6

Educated
In no order:
DA Inquisition
PF Kingmaker
Red Dead 2. It's good with mods up until Lemoyne, but everything in it and after it wrecks the entire game.

VerSacrum

Educated
Red Dead 2. It's good with mods up until Lemoyne, but everything in it and after it wrecks the entire game.
I hear you. The Southern part just drags and drags and drags on and of course filled with OLD SOUTH IS LE BAD shit (I mean, yeah, slavery sort of sucked, we get it)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom