Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jade Empire is... really fucking short.

bezimek

Scholar
Dark Individual said:
You have to give credit here to Obsidian and NWN 2 OC. The Trial and the fortress management were quite compelling and a nice change. That's the problem with Biowarian games: you can't really do big things.

+1 ( fortress was very nice change).

bylam

Funcom
Developer
FeelTheRads said:
And, P.S. JE is an Action RPG... yet... has more role-playing than most so called full fledge RPGs.

I wonder what you consider role-playing (pretending you are a cannibal by sitting next to corpses doesn't count) and more than what "full fledge RPGs" has Jade Expire so much of it because I don't remember any. It all comes down to being good or bad. That's it. Absolutely nothing else.

And, yeah, instead of your typical boring "ZOMG, YUO LIE!!1" maybe you could come with examples...not that you could since there are no examples, but I'd love to see you try.

Wait...here it comes...my crystal ball tells me that Volourn will mention The Arena!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"And, yeah, instead of your typical boring "ZOMG, YUO LIE!!1" maybe you could come with examples"

ZOMG, YUO LIE!!1

Jeff Graw

StarChart Interactive
Developer
gamefan said:
Jasede said:
Even good old Secret of Mana took me 30 and it had no cutscenes; same for Secret of Evermore and many other older, simpler console games.
Secret of evermore sucked.

Secret of Mana was so good that it changed my life,I havnt played it in aound 8-10 years and I still remember the music from the first boss fight.

Secret of Mana sucks. The items are gay, the enemies are gay, the characters are gay, and it's all in all pretty gay. I'd rather shoot myself than play through SoM.

gamefan

Scholar
Jeff Graw said:
gamefan said:
Jasede said:
Even good old Secret of Mana took me 30 and it had no cutscenes; same for Secret of Evermore and many other older, simpler console games.
Secret of evermore sucked.

Secret of Mana was so good that it changed my life,I havnt played it in aound 8-10 years and I still remember the music from the first boss fight.

Secret of Mana sucks. The items are gay, the enemies are gay, the characters are gay, and it's all in all pretty gay. I'd rather shoot myself than play through SoM.
You're gay.

doctor_kaz

Scholar
If you finished Jade Empire in less than 14 hours then you didn't do all of the quests or go through all of the dialog. The game is much longer than that if you are not purposedly speed-running through it. The club where you can get into all of the arena fights has over an hour of content by itself.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Is Skyway farting again? 'Cause it sure stinks all the time after every one of his posts. L0L

fastpunk

Arbiter
Volourn said:
Is Skyway farting again? 'Cause it sure stinks all the time after every one of his posts. L0L

Yeah, look who's talking. Your "OMG! U LIE! LOLZ!" posts smell so much better, like Armani perfume or something... :roll:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
At least skyway tries to actually take some gameplay examples when bashing Bioware.

You just say "NWN rocks because it sold a lot of copies and because I like it R00fles!", and that's it. Try to actually tell us *why* you like NWN so much, Volly.

fastpunk

Arbiter
JarlFrank said:
At least skyway tries to actually take some gameplay examples when bashing Bioware.

You just say "NWN rocks because it sold a lot of copies and because I like it R00fles!", and that's it. Try to actually tell us *why* you like NWN so much, Volly.

He'll just say "thef act that u have toa sk proves that u ar edumb! R00fles!". :lol:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
That's not true, JarlFrank. Volourn patiently explained why he likes NWN. Dozens of times. You can not blame him for not repeating it the 100th time. He likes NWN, deal with it.

That said, I still think Jade Empire felt short, but in a good way. I didn't mind it was only 13.5 hours for me; I enjoyed these hours and I'll enjoy my Jade Master difficulty run-through too. I would not, however, call it a great RPG; it felt more like a mix between action adventure and RPG to me than a real RPG, but that was cool, I didn't expect old-school dungeon-crawling. Fun diversion.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's a great engine and has many great modules, and the add-ons are pretty entertaining. Never enjoyed the OC though.

gamefan

Scholar
Jasede said:
It's a great engine and has many great modules, and the add-ons are pretty entertaining. Never enjoyed the OC though.
OC sucked, I honestly couldnt find many good modules, i think i found 1 or 2 good ones out of like 120 i checked.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"At least skyway tries to actually take some gameplay examples when bashing Bioware.

You just say "NWN rocks because it sold a lot of copies and because I like it R00fles!", and that's it. Try to actually tell us *why* you like NWN so much, Volly."

Use the fuckin' search function.

gamefan

Scholar
Volourn said:
"At least skyway tries to actually take some gameplay examples when bashing Bioware.

You just say "NWN rocks because it sold a lot of copies and because I like it R00fles!", and that's it. Try to actually tell us *why* you like NWN so much, Volly."

Use the fuckin' search function.
Why dont you use the fucking search function you pig!

Nightjed

Liturgist
gamefan said:
OC sucked, I honestly couldnt find many good modules, i think i found 1 or 2 good ones out of like 120 i checked.
Try honor among thieves, its the best one i tried, it even uses the engine better than the oc

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Why dont you use the fucking search function you pig!"

Why? You are the ones who wants 'answers'. L0L

Volourn

Pretty Princess
That's the spirit!!!

P.S. BIO rules, you droolz!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom