Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 3 from Haemimont Games

ArchAngel

Arcane
Sounds like it needs more time in the oven. And I still need to finish my JA2 1.13 run. I got to about last 25% but enemy spawns so many troops now and in such crazy numbers I can barely move anywhere without needing to come back to defend my towns.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
It's a Modders World: Jagged Alliance 3 Gets Free Content Update Today!
5904a7541aa032023c979dd19f16f6bb496b1564.jpg

It's a Modders World: Jagged Alliane 3 Gets Free Content Update Today!

Sofia, Bulgaria / Vienna, Austria, February 6th, 2024: With its latest free update, Patch 1.5 "Larry", the critically acclaimed turn-based strategy game Jagged Alliance 3 introduces new content in the form of optional and variable rule sets, enriching your campaign in Grand Chien with fresh challenges and opportunities. Among the examples of how to intensify the trials for your Mercs are features like "Body Count," where your fellow warriors confront larger enemy squads, "Hard Lessons," which prolongs the time needed for a Merc to level up, and "Ammo Scarcity," as the name suggests, introduces scarcity of ammunition. Conversely, players can also leverage rules such as "A.I.M Legendary Deals," which reduce the starting salaries of elite and legendary Mercs, aiding their strategic endeavors. Players have the liberty to combine these rules as they see fit, shaping their challenges as they embark on their mission to liberate Grand Chien!

Moreover, update 1.5 empowers dedicated modders with extensive tools to modify, enhance, and even rebuild most aspects of the game. We eagerly anticipate the release of outstanding mods in the upcoming weeks and months.

Update 1.5 "Larry" includes:
  • New extensive modding tools: Create new campaigns, and quests, edit maps, and much more.
  • 10 new game rules: Customize the difficulty of each playthrough with these optional new rules and combine them as you see fit
  • Some issues fixed
  • You can check out the full patch notes here: https://thqnordic.com/article/patch-notes-15
Jagged Alliance 3 is being developed by Haemimont Games and published by THQ Nordic. The game is available on PC at an SRP of $ 44.99 / € 44.99 / £ 39.99 and for PlayStation 4 / PlayStation 5, as well as on Xbox One / the Xbox Series S/X at an SRP of € 59.99 / $ 59.99 / £ 49.99.

The multiplayer functionality is 'cross-gen', allowing PlayStation 4 players to team up with their PlayStation 5 friends, and Xbox One users to join forces with those on Xbox Series S/X.

A free playable demo is available on Steam. It allows players to explore Ernie Island, the starting region of the game. Try the demo:

Saduj

Arcane
Had a pretty funny experience last night. My secondary squad, level 2-3 mercs with light armor and small arms only, was parked in a port where three separate enemy shipments were scheduled to pass through. The enemy squads were trash - sniper, 3 marauders and 3 grenadiers each. But they all arrived at the same time. :lol: They entered the map very close to the deployment zone so I was able to do some setup but not as much as I would have liked. Fight did not go well....

Luckily my main squad was a two tiles over, underground fighting fucking Nazis? so I was able to pull them in after reloading.

raeven

Educated
Sounds like it needs more time in the oven. And I still need to finish my JA2 1.13 run. I got to about last 25% but enemy spawns so many troops now and in such crazy numbers I can barely move anywhere without needing to come back to defend my towns.

Jesus are you *still* here bitching about this game you haven't played?

The game's out of the oven now.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Jesus are you *still* here bitching about this game you haven't played?

The game's out of the oven now.
It does not sound like it is ready yet. I am going to wait for Long War type mods (or 1.13 type mods to be more in theme). What is there still sounds too much like nuXcom shit. I got better stuff to play for next 1+ years anyways, I can wait.

Cologno

Educated
I think if people here knew how much they resembled hipsters they'd be very triggered.
That is a wrong word. We are gaming Elitists and we are proud of it. Peasants can go to reddit.
Which is exactly what you expect from a guy with bicycle tattoos, a handlebar mustache, and denim overalls to say about his favorite band/genre of music
Reddit isn't exactly held in high regard with many places or groups anymore. Not just here, but that user base (or what's left of it, that's another rabbit hole) has become the standard for midwit retardation in a lot of diverse circles.

raeven

Educated

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

In any other year, absolutely, but not in the year BG3 was released, sorry.

JA3 was fucking great though
BG3 released years ago.

Are you about to argue that early access is the same as releasing the game? Because I might not be able to accommodate that level of retardation right now tbh
Early access and release only differ by arbitrary decision made by developer or publisher.
We only pretend otherwise out of politeness.

raeven

Educated

In any other year, absolutely, but not in the year BG3 was released, sorry.

JA3 was fucking great though
BG3 released years ago.

Are you about to argue that early access is the same as releasing the game? Because I might not be able to accommodate that level of retardation right now tbh
Early access and release only differ by arbitrary decision made by developer or publisher.
We only pretend otherwise out of politeness.

Speak for yourself.

I never buy early access, and never will. I've missed a lot of games that never actually released but I don't care.

After my experiences this year, I'm considering not buying games until their last patch and DLC has been released. Sick of wasting my first playthrough on a buggy / incomplete game when it could have been amazing if I had just waited.

Saduj

Arcane
Just met Petta. She told a sneaking Livewire that the army planned on throwing her in their hyena pit. She tried to educate them on animal rights and everyone just laughed at her, "including the hyenas". :lol::lol::lol:

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Had a pretty funny experience last night. My secondary squad, level 2-3 mercs with light armor and small arms only, was parked in a port where three separate enemy shipments were scheduled to pass through. The enemy squads were trash - sniper, 3 marauders and 3 grenadiers each. But they all arrived at the same time. :lol: They entered the map very close to the deployment zone so I was able to do some setup but not as much as I would have liked. Fight did not go well....

Luckily my main squad was a two tiles over, underground fighting fucking Nazis? so I was able to pull them in after reloading.
Is this a typical thing in the game? What I played (only the first couple tiles) it felt like a CRPG with tactical combat which wasn't what I was looking for. I'm looking for that simulation of intercepting shipments for money because I'm out of money then making real strategic / tactical approaches to the game not just how do I deal with whats on a tile.

Saduj

Arcane
Is this a typical thing in the game? What I played (only the first couple tiles) it felt like a CRPG with tactical combat which wasn't what I was looking for. I'm looking for that simulation of intercepting shipments for money because I'm out of money then making real strategic / tactical approaches to the game not just how do I deal with whats on a tile

Enemy mines regularly send out diamond shipments. Early on, I needed to intercept shipments in order to remain solvent. Time is money and in the early game you will not be able to do everything you want to do. It being my first playthrough, that lasted longer than it should have. But once you have three mines going at once, money isn't an issue. The first and easiest mine you can take peters out pretty quickly so that adds a bit of pressure. If you want the more expensive mercs, you'll need more mines. Also, about midway through the game there is an event that will put a bit of pressure on you but by that time you'll be equipped to deal with it quickly.

Having said all that, diamond shipments can be very easy to intercept. The squads that carry them aren't very strong. And the shipments follow regular paths, for the most part. I've had enemy mines regularly sending shipments through tiles occupied by mines or bases I own. Put militia there and they will kill the enemy squad and hold the diamonds for you. You'll have to retrain new militia troops every few shipments but the point is that you don't necessarily have to drop what you're doing to go after shipments. So even when you don't have enough guaranteed income to pay everyone, it is very easy to make up the difference so long as you don't go crazy hiring high level mercs.

I'm playing on Commando. Money is tighter on the hardest difficulty. Maybe someone else can comment on how much of a difference that makes.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah the difference is pretty huge, you have to play a lot tighter on the harder difficulties

It's still not that difficult though, as long as you know what you're doing and don't put yourself in a hole with the very expensive mercs (that you don't need anyway)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom