Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Jagged Alliance: Flashback Kickstarter begins

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Full Control; Jagged Alliance: Flashback

20afff164453ee3a657905267ea7b62c_large.jpg

Full Control's Jagged Alliance: Flashback Kickstarter has begun.

They are asking for $350,000 in donations.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I feel that the dev's heart is at the right place, but I have doubts if they can bring us a worthy sequel to JA2.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Bitcomposer is not publishing this.
They own the rights, they get the profits. But hey it's on hipstarter so shitcomposter suddenly doesn't matter

Partially true. But you read the licencing contract? Can you share that with us then?

But as always you are exaggerating the facts, Full Control BOUGHT a licence to make a Jagged Alliance game (of which Bitcomposer owns). Just like HBS bought a licence from Microsoft to make a Shadowrun game. Bitcomposer is not funding this so Full Control is seeking money via Kickstarter.

While we have no idea what exact wording or other stipulations in the purchase of the licence, the profits of the game will more than likely go to Full Control.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Bitcomposer is not publishing this.
They own the rights, they get the profits. But hey it's on hipstarter so shitcomposter suddenly doesn't matter

Partially true. But you read the licencing contract? Can you share that with us then?

But as always you are exaggerating the facts, Full Control BOUGHT a licence to make a Jagged Alliance game (of which Bitcomposer owns). Just like HBS bought a licence from Microsoft to make a Shadowrun game. Bitcomposer is not funding this so Full Control is seeking money via Kickstarter.

While we have no idea what exact wording or other stipulations in the purchase of the licence, the profits of the game will more than likely go to Full Control.

Bro no publisher will ever give away control over the license and profits, especially to a shit noname dev team like this. But the real problem here isn't even that it's shitComposter or not.
The real problem is that Full Control's track record is really fucking awful.

I've just checked it. It's nothing short of terrible trash. Jesus fucking christ

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
We do not know (or will ever know) the specific of profits for this game. But how it that important?

As for the rest, I have never played a game from them so I'm still watching.

Stabwound

Arcane
I have no real opinion on this game because they don't say much, but something about self-referential titles like "FLASHBACK" irks the shit out of me. Same thing with Might & Magic X: "Legacy" - yeah, we get it, it's supposed to be like the old games, but you don't have to actually name the game like that.

Also funny how the lowest digital DL tiers have crept up so much. Wasteland 2 was $15, Project Eternity and Torment were $20 for early backers, and this thing is $25. Before long it's going to just be a slightly cheaper preorder.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Our mission is to deliver new strategy games for the "soccer dad" group.

By that we mean old school gamers that now have family, jobs, children. Soccer dads would love to play some more hardcore themed games but do not have 200 hours console time to play the latest AAA RPG. But they do have 10-15 minutes here and there on different devices.

The choices given to "soccer dads" these days are limited. And that is the gap we are trying to fill with our games.

Why do we care about this player group? Because we are soccer dads ourselves!

Our mission is to deliver new strategy games for the "soccer dad" group.

By that we mean old school gamers that now have family, jobs, children. Soccer dads would love to play some more hardcore themed games but do not have 200 hours console time to play the latest AAA RPG. But they do have 10-15 minutes here and there on different devices.

The choices given to "soccer dads" these days are limited. And that is the gap we are trying to fill with our games.

Why do we care about this player group? Because we are soccer dads ourselves!

:hmmm:

Kz3r0

Arcane
No comments yet about the fact that it's possible to customize the hair style of your mercenaries?

Stabwound

Arcane
No comments yet about the fact that it's possible to customize the hair style of your mercenaries?
Yeah, that was rich. Talking about how they wanted to expand on the RPG elements and customization and listing hair style as one of them.

:balance:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Cashgrab 1-0-1.
Another proof of AAA+ mentality from 'indie' developers, get an old license and add all the new and cool features.
Yeah, that was rich. Talking about how they wanted to expand on the RPG elements and customization and listing hair style as one of them.

:balance:
More AAA+ mentality, it's akin to transforming RPGs in action games because that's what RPGs are all about, they here are doing the reverse, Jagged Alliance now is all about character development and bromances.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
ROLEPLAYING:
INTERACT WITH NPCS TO GAIN BATTLEFIELD INFORMATION, UNLOCK NEW WEAPONS AND MERCENARIES.

Really? Unlock? I guess, if you were feeling charitable, that "unlock" could mean something like how you gain access to Tony's gear shop in JA2. But it rings like ACHIEVEMENT ACHIEVED: 10 HEADSHOTS - GROINKICKER UNLOCKED console crap.

I so want this to be good and brilliant, proof that JA3 should be proper, tactical TBS and all that jazz but I find my faith to be in short supply after BiA and their sermon isn't exactly filling me with confidence.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
I bring information from RPS:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...k-now-singing-for-its-supper/#comment-1254015

squareking says:

I dropped them a message about destructible environments — they said it’s to be a stretch goal. I can sort of understand that point. It does take money to get those things working the way you’d want.

And regarding AP:

We’re not a 100% on that point yet. The new XCOM EU approach is cool but too simple…Our base is the classic JA2 system. It will either be a mix of the two or an improved version of the JA2. As usual many people like one thing and others like the other. we definitely won’t be dumbing anything down…if anything we’re just aiming to make it clearer what’s what. e.g. visually display cover much better ect.

HEY GUISE, WE WANT TO IMPROVE ON ACTION POINTS, THEY ARE SO OLD-FASHIONED, THEY WERE ONLY USED SINCE THE TECHNOLOGY FOR REAL IMMERSIVE ACTION WASN'T THERE!

We should set up a Codexian Drive to etch Calvin Barkmore into this game... :lol: I'm wary about this game but will be watching how it progresses.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Gave $5 to keep appraised of updates and will up or pull depending on how it goes, so far it's not looking pretty.

Tytus

Arcane
I only played Jagged Alliance 2.5. So I'm not really hyped up about it. But will probably play it, when it comes out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom