Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Just got banned for six hours for making an "offensive" joke against Theodora

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm a broken record of projection and insecurity.
That's why you pretend you are a woman on the internet.
Why do you pretend to be White on the internet?

Also, why can your posts be summarized like so?

6x3yha.jpg

If you're American then it's likely you have had a Budweiser (not Bud Light), but worth noting that it is also predominantly rice based. For my part I enjoy the occasional asian lager and find Budweiser disgusting, but I have also encountered some Asahi aficionados who find it quite palatable.
Any thoughts on Kirin Ichiban? A pain to find here, but I liked it quite a bit. Budweiser ... not so much.

Another beer I remember getting a few times in Aus was Asahi Black. Absolutely loved it -- it's way lighter than appearances would suggest -- but haven't seen it for sale anywhere in Europe yet sadly.

LnsvaHR.png

Japan's internal alcohol culture seemed to have a lot more variance than most westernised countries (before you get to craft beers).
Kirin Ichiban is fine, although I do prefer Asahi to other Japanese Lagers. There's not nearly as much of a variance between Japanese Lagers as there is between examples of other styles though. This is mostly because rice is, somewhat ironically since we often consider it to be rather bland, incredibly dominant in the final product when used as an adjunct grain; the only other commonly used grain that even comes close to its impact is rye.

I'm not sure that I've had Asahi Black (I may have), but it calls itself a Dunkel which is a style that I love when done well and find very disappointing when done poorly. It's not a particularly common style to find outside of Germany, I only know of a handful of breweries in the US that make one. It's roastier cousin the Schwarzbier is much more popular in the States.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
You're right, CK:

DESCRIPTION

On a shield rounded in a field of gold, two halberds, in red, passed in spades, superimposed on a grenade, in black and flaming red. In the chief's sinestra canton, an anchor, in red, arranged in contraband.

EXPLANATION

In the field of gold, a metal evocative of strength and power, the heraldic set is the one featured on the first shield of the Naval Regiment, predecessor of the Marine Corps, The flaming grenade refers to the Royal Navy Brigade, which, created in 1797 by Alvará of D. Maria I, Queen of Portugal, was responsible for the artillery and defense of the ships that led the Portuguese Royal Family and its court to Brazil, and which later came to be considered as the mother cell of the CFN.

The ships are remembered for the red anchor, whose enamel, evocative of courage and bravery, alludes to the attributes of that Corps, also remembered by the two halberds.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
I think it's one of those, I'm not a weapons nerd and just read the description. I also don't know if the things on the background are lances or halberds (description says both are halberds), but someone will pop in from the ether to explain the difference.
Its easy, spear is the low level garbage loot you give to peasants, halberds are late game gear you give to people who matter. This is why in mount and blade you will never see a knight with a spear or a peasant with a halberd.

Less facetiously, spears are simple points of metal on a stick and have been one of the most important and common weapons throughout history due to being easy to make and use whilst still being very effective.
Halberds came with the middle ages and its innovation is its 3 heads meaning it was a versatile weapon capable of thrusting like a spear but also swing like an axe, combining the best features of both, with the smaller head at the back being useful for piercing armor if i recall.
When in doubt, spears have 1 head, halberds have 3.

Last edited:

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
I want to see the PMs of HeroMarine confessing his undying love to Theodora! I know they are there!
I have hated that gross piece of shit from the start. Back in the early days of the plandemic in some Discord server I left. He claimed he was an "anarchist" and a prostitute with drug dealer boyfriend living in Ireland. God knows what's going on with that little demon. In any case, he raised the ranks and dominated shoutbox, so much for anarchy!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom