Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KC'S NV GPT

Project: Eternity
SoupNazi said:
Fake edit: Also, the "Confirmed Bachelor" apparently means "Confirmed Homosexual" because you actually use chat-up lines on guys. I thought it was going to be something like male bonding or whatever, but then my character flirted with like 5 different guys. :smug:

Fixed smilie.

Delirius

Liturgist
Good skills:

- Guns
- Science
- Lockpick
- Repair
- Speech
- Sneak

Survival is useless even on Hardcore mode.

Basically all you need is a Sniper Rifle with silencer, All-American and 10mm SMG. Good weapons to make you deadly at all ranges. Did anybody say this game was difficult?

Felix

Arcane
hotguns in this game suck, even with a buff mod I have. Service rifle is also disappointingly weak even at low levels.

I raped almost everything with Riot Shotgun + Shotgun Surgeon perk + Slug round at close range so my conclusion is you're just sucks KC. :smug:

Service rifle only good early on in the game, after I have Jury Rigging perk it became repair tool, and Marksman Carbine does far better job than the Service Rifle anyway. The M1 Garand is fucking good, I always love its reload animation. :love:

Ranger Elite Armor is the best armor.

9mm ammo, just kill Bennie and get the Maria, and they have their use again.

I'm collecting guns in NV atm, does this mean I'm LARPing? :M

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Delirius said:
Basically all you need is a Sniper Rifle with silencer, All-American and 10mm SMG. Good weapons to make you deadly at all ranges. Did anybody say this game was difficult?

Most of those are useless against high DT enemies though, and armor piercing ammo is a bitch to find. So far "This Machine" is the best gun for high DT enemies in my playthrough.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Silenced snipers makes it easier to stay hidden after first shot, if they ever get to medium range just switch to This Machine.

Early game, 10mm VATS at point blank will kill most things, Varmint with full mods will suffice as sniper rifle. But always consider frag mines / powder charges when you set up sniping position. Place it on ramp or building corners, so that when you draw attention, you can just retreat to a cover...wait for the satisfying beep followed by an explosion before popping the remnants with the 10mm.

The Commando Build
Tags: Guns, Explosives, Speech

Black

Arcane
goodshitt.jpg

God damn, that was some good shit, FUCK.
BoS, remnants of the Enclave, Boomers and NCR vs Caesar. Seemed like a bit of overkill

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
The gun mechanics & ironsights in NV are far better than in F3 so you don't really need VATS
The problem I have is just that when stuff starts getting medium to close everything besides radscorpions and geckos run too fast.

And yeah sneak sniping seems to be one of the best ways to do things when you're not in an enclosed space. Even the varmint rifle can often one-shot things.

I haven't tried slugs in shotguns, I'll have to look into how to make 'em at the bench since I don't seem to ever find any.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
I stuck with the lever action rifles and shotgun for most of my game, all american was a bastard to repair so i just sold it.

Windmilling in like a tard is a good way to get yourself killed. I also use companions as pets, let them take the damage while i start breaking legs.

ksjav

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014
The fact that you can actually discuss strategies and not "lol i took the hunting rifle and killed the enclave" speaks a lot of the game. :M

Rhalle

Magister
kingcomrade said:
The gun mechanics & ironsights in NV are far better than in F3 so you don't really need VATS
The problem I have is just that when stuff starts getting medium to close everything besides radscorpions and geckos run too fast.

Troof.

And yeah sneak sniping seems to be one of the best ways to do things when you're not in an enclosed space.

My character is a stealth/guns build. Varmint Rifle w/silencer and night scope (or Ratkiller) with armor-piercing 5.56 for night-time hunting. Fun.

Also: Silenced .22 pistol has sufficed for me (sor far) for Splinter-Celling Legion guys to death with a trio or so of VATS headshots.

I'd really like to play an Energy Weapons Diplomat Scientist and a psychopath Explosives and Melee guy, but I doubt I will see three playthroughs, much less two.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Best light armor found so far - Vault 34 Security Armor. 16 DT at full condition and costs less than 100 caps to repair. I think I found 2 at poor condition during my romp in V34. That place is a madhouse but the rewards and atmosphere was worth it.

Black

Arcane
There are nice 2 pieces of Chinese Stealth Armor in Hoover Dam. +5 stealth, nice DT and looks. And don't require you to go through hell to get them.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Pretty sure in future playthroughs I will head straight to Camp Golf and get the ultimate Ranger armor, then head to McCarren and get "This Machine."

God mode.

SoupNazi

The Combat Ranger armor (the one you're probably talking about - from the main menu splash screen) and the Veteran Rangers that wear it only appear once you're circa level 14. Camp Golf is completely empty until then.

Relay

Educated
Delirius said:
Good skills:

- Guns
- Science
- Lockpick
- Repair
- Speech
- Sneak

Survival is useless even on Hardcore mode.

You forgot unarmed. It is insanely powerful and requires no ammo. Seriously. Try some bladed gauntlet or power fist. The perks for an unarmed build feature the best offensive boosts to boot :

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Piercing_Strike
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Unstoppable_Force
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Purifier_%28perk%29
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Paralyzing_Palm
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Slayer

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
SoupNazi said:
The Combat Ranger armor (the one you're probably talking about - from the main menu splash screen) and the Veteran Rangers that wear it only appear once you're circa level 14. Camp Golf is completely empty until then.

I thought the one on the shelf in the barracks was always there, the rest don't spawn until level 14 and you make your ending decision.

SoupNazi

Oh, if there's one as loot then I guess it is there. I just know that when I went to Camp Golf early in the game, it was entirely empty. I didn't really explore it for loot though.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, there's one on a shelf in the back room somewhere... I didn't even know what it was at first.

SoupNazi

Why the hell is killing ghouls considered a good act and bumps up karma? Only "thanks" to killing a bunch (more like a few dozen) of ghouls am I considered a "hero of the people" despite otherwise siding with the Legion, stealing and murdering innocents.

:x

Radisshu

Prophet
SoupNazi said:
Why the hell is killing ghouls considered a good act and bumps up karma? Only "thanks" to killing a bunch (more like a few dozen) of ghouls am I considered a "hero of the people" despite otherwise siding with the Legion, stealing and murdering innocents.

Yeah, the karma system is shit.

spectre

Arcane
It's only for feral ghouls if i'm not mistaken, and they are a (radioactive) pest everyone's glad to see gone, so there you have it. Same for escaped convicts.

SoupNazi

In that case, why don't I get good karma for killing Cazadors, Radscorpions, Coyotes and what have you? There's no excuse, Radisshu is just right. The karma system is shit as fuck.

I wish the NCPs would bow before their master after I kill the Powder Gang, Khans, Caesar, Vipers and Ghouls... NCR should just promote me to General after those expeditions of slaughter :x :x :x

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
kingcomrade said:
Mods I recommend:
Shotgun performance buff
Cazador nerf (seriously what was up with them)
VATS buff (I use the 50% one, so that vats is not useless farther than point blank)
Realistic Repair (Pretty much so scrap metal->replacement parts)
Durability Buff (I don't use this one but I recommend it. Guns don't break THAT easy)
Oven Mod (makes ovens work like campfires)
I can't remember the others I use.
LOL game-altering mods. hahaha. just install the lighting fix (dark nights/good-looking lights) and you're good to go. no need to cheat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom