Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Knights of the Old Republic declared non-canon by Lucasarts - probably won't see sequels

Ladonna

Arcane
I think the real question here is;

Is 'Caravan of Courage' canon?

Monty

Arcane
No, the really important question is....

IS THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL CANON?!?!?

Ah, yes, that masterpiece. What fans apparently wanted:

zrS6wdI.jpg

What they got:

vYxIPaG.jpg

3uUDrZZ.jpg

Fun times...

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The animated Boba Fett part is actually kind of cool.

At least in comparison to the rest of it.

set

Cipher
“The team threw a Hail Mary to George, saying the game would have more credibility if the apprentice had a ‘Darth’ title,” a Force Unleashed team member says. Lucas agreed that this situation made sense for Sith royalty, and offered up two Darth titles for the team to choose from. “He threw out ‘Darth Icky’ and ‘Darth Insanius.’ There was a pregnant pause in the room after that. People waiting for George to say ‘just kidding,’ but it never comes, and he just moved on to another point.”

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...-turmoil-brought-down-a-legendary-studio.aspx

The best Star Wars movie is Revenge of the Sith. And I was 10 when A new hope was first played in cinemas. People who were not even born when The empire strikes back came on screen pretending that it was the best one just make me laugh. It's bullshit. Star Wars fandom is laughable anyway, it deserves Kotor's stupid story, the canon is dumb.

And Kotor 2 is the worst: a boring game trying too much to be deep while resting on dumb premises. At least Revenge of the siths tries to apply some kind of crepuscular wagnerian stripes to the poney to make it look like a zebra. MCA's Kotor 2 is just completely moronic.

Last edited:

Monty

Arcane
People who were not even born when The empire strikes back came on screen pretending that it was the best one just make me laugh. It's bullshit.

I wasn't born when Chinatown came out, guess I must be pretending it's my favourite movie.

I'd better start looking for something more recent then.

Exar Kun

Scholar
RIP Darth Revan, our hero and most epic #1 badboy.

RevanDLotS.JPG

I would never have had the confidence to speak to girl without macking Bastila aboard the Ebon Hawk... Revan taught me that even though girl can be bitchy, entitled, and mean at first, you can still eventually touch their boobs.

Back when Bioware used to teach young males good lessons... now they just tell you to be gay...

Last edited:

Exar Kun

Scholar
RIP Darth Malak, our villain and #1 alpha male sociopath.

Bastila-Malak.jpg

Darth Malak taught me that even if your a #1 bad boy like Revan girl will still cheat on you without hesitation for even more of an alpha badboy... a sociopath. In order to continue touching their boobs, you need to beat up the sociopath and take girl back...

Lhynn

Arcane
The best Star Wars movie is Revenge of the Sith. And I was 10 when A new hope was first played in cinemas. People who were not even born when The empire strikes back came on screen pretending that it was the best one just make me laugh. It's bullshit. Star Wars fandom is laughable anyway, it deserves Kotor's stupid story, the canon is dumb.

And Kotor 2 is the worst: a boring game trying too much to be deep while resting on dumb premises. At least Revenge of the siths tries to apply some kind of crepuscular wagnerian stripes to the poney to make it look like a zebra. MCA's Kotor 2 is just completely moronic.
Fixed your name.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I find this "canon/non-canon" thing to be very irrelevant and hilarious. I mean, what difference does it make? Why would anyone endorse a story as being "more true" than any other? All stories are just that, stories, fiction, imaginary events! None of them actually happened in reality! :P

Sometimes, it scares me the way people take things like fiction stories too seriously, and the butthurt that ensues. :roll:

Well in this case, even though I'm not a hard on Star Wars fag, I'm all for the ditching of the god awful EU shit. How many times has the Emperor been resurrected? How many times has the Imperial Remnant had a civil war for power which resulted in some new leader almost conquering the New Republic before being defeated by the same old Luke/Han/Leia/Wedge or their offspring just in the nick of time? Then there's the invasion from another galaxy that almost wipes out everything until the Imperials and Rebels join hands before fighting again each other? How could these economies and systems survive billions of dead per year, constant destruction(how many times has Coruscant been leveled in the EU)?

Fucking joke shit that deserved to die. I'd rather Gay wok Jin and Jar Jar than that shit!

Deleted member 7219

I find this "canon/non-canon" thing to be very irrelevant and hilarious. I mean, what difference does it make? Why would anyone endorse a story as being "more true" than any other? All stories are just that, stories, fiction, imaginary events! None of them actually happened in reality! :P

Sometimes, it scares me the way people take things like fiction stories too seriously, and the butthurt that ensues. :roll:

Well in this case, even though I'm not a hard on Star Wars fag, I'm all for the ditching of the god awful EU shit. How many times has the Emperor been resurrected? How many times has the Imperial Remnant had a civil war for power which resulted in some new leader almost conquering the New Republic before being defeated by the same old Luke/Han/Leia/Wedge or their offspring just in the nick of time? Then there's the invasion from another galaxy that almost wipes out everything until the Imperials and Rebels join hands before fighting again each other? How could these economies and systems survive billions of dead per year, constant destruction(how many times has Coruscant been leveled in the EU)?

Fucking joke shit that deserved to die. I'd rather Gay wok Jin and Jar Jar than that shit!

I thought the Imperial Remnant stuff was the strongest part of the EU. There's so many people out there who think the Rebels, with their shitty little fleet, would be able to bring down the entire Galactic Empire. Where the fuck did all those Star Destroyers go after the Battle of Endor? Where's the rest of the fleet, where are the legions of Stormtroopers? Keeping the order elsewhere, that's what. At least the EU explained all this.

set

Cipher
Yep. Well, I personally would have gone with Darth Icky just to spite Lucas.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014

7/10 Would be trolled by again.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I thought the Imperial Remnant stuff was the strongest part of the EU. There's so many people out there who think the Rebels, with their shitty little fleet, would be able to bring down the entire Galactic Empire. Where the fuck did all those Star Destroyers go after the Battle of Endor? Where's the rest of the fleet, where are the legions of Stormtroopers? Keeping the order elsewhere, that's what. At least the EU explained all this.

Yeah the IR itself is cool and explains where the at least 50 Star Destroyers went(even in RoTJ you can see a horde of them, only 2 were actually destroyed), but it's still ridiculous how every 6 months or so in the EU timeline, the Empire gets some new charismatic leader(or the Emperor comes back) and almost wins before being defeated once more. After a dozen goes, you'd think they'd learn to not make the same mistakes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom