Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News KOTOR2: TSL Restored Content Mod is Final

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

With <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=23167" target="blank">Team Gizka</a> dead in the water, the <b>TSL Restored Content Mod</b> team swooped in to fill the void. They've just released the <a href="http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/f123/sith-lords-restored-content-mod-final-1-5-version-here-1158.html" target="blank">Final version 1.5</a> for all to download. Find out <a href="http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/f123/whats-restored-*spoilers*-228.html" target="blank">what's been restored</a> and read the <a href="http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/f123/tslrcm-faq-207.html" target="blank">FAQ</a> to get all the juicy details. Impressions on whether or not it's worth re-installing KOTOR2 for would be appreciated.
<br>
<br>
<i>Thanks to masterridley</i>

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Hard to say until people play it, but it's supposed to be final as in final. The 1.4 series were the open beta, this is meant to have fixed all the bugs from the beta. I'd still wait until some poor souls play through and confirm that it's bug-free.

obediah

Erudite
Sceptic said:
Hard to say until people play it, but it's supposed to be final as in final. The 1.4 series were the open beta, this is meant to have fixed all the bugs from the beta. I'd still wait until some poor souls play through and confirm that it's bug-free.

it's not

sum gizka lulz

http://forums.team-gizka.org/viewtopic. ... 8&start=45

Someone asked is this the end of it. This will never be over, Dashus will not return. I agree with others that we should just be the Gizka forums in the non-TSLRP section.

Darth Dan 012 wrote:
I've been good in not coming here anymore, but I just had to see how this thread was getting so many new replies. Looks like the TSLRP sub-forum is the same as it has been for the past 3 years.

I can't believe this forum is even still up. I've moved on to being in the middle of playing Dragon Age and somewhere down the line I'll pick up Mass Effect 2 as well. I downloaded and played TSLRCM a few times, enjoyed it well enough, but it was mostly just a slight tweak of a game I'd already played many times before.

I guess they really love their "Everything But The Sith Lords" forum too much to close the site down entirely, but this particularly forum should be locked or destroyed just to end the bad joke that
releasedate.gif
is.

releasedate.gif
= Never

To tell the truth, I just give a sideways F$%# about KOTOR 2 anymore. Mass Effect 2 is the grand evolution of RPGs and K2 is really outdated.

explosion.gif

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I played KotOR2 recently and fuck me if it didn't feel like a amateur mod with voice acting. Maybe the first one felt like that too, but anyway I couldn't stand it more than 15 minutes. Someone has to come up and say it's worth playing because otherwise I think we should all forget about this horrible mess and play MA2 instead, which is a lot more extreme and I am an extreme modern man

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Speaking of the Gizka forums:

loony636 said:
Sith Holocron said:
I'll be somewhat curious of the reaction both here and on the Codex Forum site.
Reaction at Codex - Blah blah blah TSLRP sucks blah blah blah.
Reaction here - Apathy by most, outrage by some, despair by others.
It gets much funnier when you realize this loony guy was one of the rabid Gizka apologists less than a year ago.

scarletguard

Educated
Updates for the TSLRCM 1.5 Mod:

There is an error in the patcher included with the original release over at KOTORFiles. (Apparently a few of files were missing and there is one error on Dantooine which may lead to Disciple to be missing.) Get the fix here:
Update to the KOTORFiles 1.5 release of TSLRCM

For those fond of using the Ultimate Saber Mod, now you don't have to choose TSLRCM over USM. Darth Stoney has created a compatibility patch so you'll be to use the USM with TSLRCM!
TSLRCM - USM Compatibility Patch

As with all mods, please pay particular attention to the read me files included so there isn't any issue with your installation. If you have any questions before (or after) attempting to install these mods and the read me file has already been consulted, ask for advice in this thread. (Reviews of the mod are also welcomed over there as well.)

scarletguard

Educated
It looks like someone's started up the Waaahh-bulance over at Team Gizka's site:

Hollywoo13 said:
I think you misunderstand my point. You can make your mods, but don't make a mod that replicates another groups work, and then spam it and reviews all over that other groups forums. Its disrespectful and really low class.

As for being informed? Uh, post count doesn't take into account how many threads I've read. Chill out.

And then being a Beta tester makes you a modder? Really? Didn't know "QA" testing made you a knowledgeable game designer, artist, programmer, or animator. Interesting.

What I'm saying, is don't pollute this team's (dashus') forums with your crap. This is meant for Team Gizka's project, if that project is never released, then so be it. But, if I'm reading correctly, this is the Team Gizka message board - not the TSLRCP message board. Honestly, I'm not sure why the modders here allowed this thread to continue at all after post #1, considering this specific forum is the TSLRP forum. Any content outside of that is "off topic." If anything, it should have been moved. Sure, that may seem like no big deal, but if you're someone in charge of a community, something in direct competition with what you're doing shouldn't be taking over your communities main forum and area for communication for your project.

It's really great that Stoney and them made this mod, I give them a lot of props for doing it in a much more timely manner than Team Gizka and Dashus, but that doesn't mean I have to play it, like it, or condone its blatant lack of respect of Team Gizka and Dashus' work. I'd be suprised if Dashus ever released this mod now with the way the people of this community have treated him. Honestly, I'd tell you all to go to hell, and scrap the work. You all sound like a bunch of children, screaming for mommy to give you a toy that isn't quite your yet, and then going to daddy to ask for it instead, and THEN going to your brother/sister in front of your mommy and saying 'Lookie what I got!' It's pretty childish.

Honestly, what is your point in bringing the TSLRCP mod here, your reviews, critiques, and criticisms of it and of Dashus/TSLRP/Team Gizka? Its nothing but pathetic bitterness and contempt, rubbing this project in Dashus' face, and bragging about how much better this other project is, and how much "cooler" that team is for completing it. God, stfu and go away. The people actually interested in seeing Dashus' mod released, don't want to hear this bitterness and bullshit. Go play your mod, discuss it on Dstoneys forums, and have a grand old time. But don't bring that crap here.

It's really great that Stoney and them made this mod, I give them a lot of props for doing it in a much more timely manner than Team Gizka and Dashus, but that doesn't mean I have to play it, like it, or condone its blatant lack of respect of Team Gizka and Dashus' work. I'd be suprised if Dashus ever released this mod now with the way the people of this community have treated him.

haha_oh_wow.jpg

Nael

Arcane
racofer said:
This makes me wanna shave my balls.

Do it.

Someone like you needs to keep the next girl (dude, animal, child, etc) they fuck so it's not the last fuck of their lives. Manicured balls goes a long way in maintaining a constant source of fuck unless you're either married or a rapist.

Deleted member 7219

Right, so Dashus actually wanted to make a mod but then decided not to because people were complaining after having waited for 5 fucking years.

I tell you one thing, Dashus is an excellent troll. Kingcomrade eat your heart out; Dashus is a true Codexer. Someone should invite him here for the lulz.

I think that Dashus is not so much an excellent troll as he was a lucky troll, to find an audience so willing to be fooled. It's like going to a kindergarten and bragging about how you conned all the kids out of their money; no glory in it.

Liberal

Barely Literate
I tell you one thing, Dashus is an excellent troll
Dashus has done nothing. TSLRP forums are a lure for brainless Communist morons "defending" somebody who stopped posting about three years ago, praising him for the work he never completed and quietly abandoned, and people who tell them how dumb they are. That's about as much Dashus' fault/accomplishment as anyone else's.

Unless of course all those morons are actually just one moron - Dashus, butthurt that somebody finished the restoration.

Secretninja

Cipher
scarletguard said:
It looks like someone's started up the Waaahh-bulance over at Team Gizka's site:

Hollywoo13 said:
I think you misunderstand my point. You can make your mods, but don't make a mod that replicates another groups work, and then spam it and reviews all over that other groups forums. Its disrespectful and really low class.

As for being informed? Uh, post count doesn't take into account how many threads I've read. Chill out.

And then being a Beta tester makes you a modder? Really? Didn't know "QA" testing made you a knowledgeable game designer, artist, programmer, or animator. Interesting.

What I'm saying, is don't pollute this team's (dashus') forums with your crap. This is meant for Team Gizka's project, if that project is never released, then so be it. But, if I'm reading correctly, this is the Team Gizka message board - not the TSLRCP message board. Honestly, I'm not sure why the modders here allowed this thread to continue at all after post #1, considering this specific forum is the TSLRP forum. Any content outside of that is "off topic." If anything, it should have been moved. Sure, that may seem like no big deal, but if you're someone in charge of a community, something in direct competition with what you're doing shouldn't be taking over your communities main forum and area for communication for your project.

It's really great that Stoney and them made this mod, I give them a lot of props for doing it in a much more timely manner than Team Gizka and Dashus, but that doesn't mean I have to play it, like it, or condone its blatant lack of respect of Team Gizka and Dashus' work. I'd be suprised if Dashus ever released this mod now with the way the people of this community have treated him. Honestly, I'd tell you all to go to hell, and scrap the work. You all sound like a bunch of children, screaming for mommy to give you a toy that isn't quite your yet, and then going to daddy to ask for it instead, and THEN going to your brother/sister in front of your mommy and saying 'Lookie what I got!' It's pretty childish.

Honestly, what is your point in bringing the TSLRCP mod here, your reviews, critiques, and criticisms of it and of Dashus/TSLRP/Team Gizka? Its nothing but pathetic bitterness and contempt, rubbing this project in Dashus' face, and bragging about how much better this other project is, and how much "cooler" that team is for completing it. God, stfu and go away. The people actually interested in seeing Dashus' mod released, don't want to hear this bitterness and bullshit. Go play your mod, discuss it on Dstoneys forums, and have a grand old time. But don't bring that crap here.

Qwinn

fixd

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom