Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News KOTOR2: TSL Restored Content Mod is Final

Wyrmlord

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Mass Effect 2 is the grand evolution of RPGs

I like how these retards continue to blindly repeat, word for word, what IGN continues to tell them. Fucking bydlo
Curiously, in what way is Mass Effect 2 a grand evolution of RPGS?

I mean, I get hyperbole is common among gamers and game review sites, but it would be disturbing if it turned out that they don't know what 'grand' or 'evolution' means, and are simply throwing them out there as generic positive words.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Wyrmlord said:
I mean, I get hyperbole is common among gamers and game review sites, but it would be disturbing if it turned out that they don't know what 'epic' or 'mature' means, and are simply throwing them out there as generic positive words.

anomie

Scholar
it was an intense evolution, so intense that it evolved itself out of the rpg genre

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
IGN is completely right, of course. Evolution is all about survival of the fittest - what is most adaptive to change.

In that sense - Mass Effect 2 is great evolution. It's like the unicorn evovled into a cockroach since the latter has better survival skillz :smug:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
It's a shame this didn't happen a couple years ago, when I could still have wrung a bit of fun out of TSL. As it stands I've just played it too many times to bother with it now. Which is a shame, as I remember being quite excited when I saw first heard about TSLRP.

scarletguard

Educated
I found this interesting post over at TSLRCM's official forums over on the Deadly Stream website:

Lord of Hunger said:
Wookieepedia:Trash compactor/The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

They are attempting to delete the Wookieepedia page on TSLRCM, saying that despite the hundreds of sources provided. :mad: If anyone is already a participant at the Wiki, please vote against this!

I find it a curious coincidence that this request comes on the heel of another TSLRP site shutdown. Perhaps the die-hard fans of that stalled mod decided to do something in their spare time? If any of you motivated people are members at Wookieepedia, your assistance would be appreciated.

Zomg

Arbiter
MetalCraze said:
Mass Effect 2 is the grand evolution of RPGs

I like how these retards continue to blindly repeat, word for word, what IGN continues to tell them. Fucking bydlo

Every time you use that word I think of the bydlo movement from Pictures at an Exhibition

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Fucking bydlo
today-o1.jpg

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
scarletguard said:
I find it a curious coincidence that this request comes on the heel of another TSLRP site shutdown. Perhaps the die-hard fans of that stalled mod decided to do something in their spare time? If any of you motivated people are members at Wookieepedia, your assistance would be appreciated.
Gizka's website seems to be down since some time last week, yeah. And it's pretty obvious whoever requested this is a Gizka fanboy. He doesn't even try to hide it: "While Team Gizka may have stalled, it at least has received official recognition". Far as I know Gizka never get any more official recognition than TSLRCM, and of course there's the small little fact that the mod doesn't even exist and its site is gone, along with any proof that Gizka or TSLRP ever existed.

denizsi

Arcane
Just what exactly is this "official recognition" that Gizkatards are masturbating left and right about? That a KOTOR2 developer was asked about TSLRP and he said "yes, I heard about them" or something along those lines? Those guys and their retarded fanboys are about the biggest losers I've ever seen on the net.

madbringer

Arcane
Wow, this almost makes me want to reinstall Kotor 2 and check this shit out. Almost.

And to hell with those Gizka motherfuckers. I can appreciate people spending their own, free time to work on improving a game without expecting any gain other than fan appreciation, but all they managed to do was the head of anyone waiting patiently, with puppy eyes, for them to sprinkle even a drop of their modding piss over their heads.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
denizsi said:
Just what exactly is this "official recognition" that Gizkatards are masturbating left and right about? That a KOTOR2 developer was asked about TSLRP and he said "yes, I heard about them" or something along those lines? Those guys and their retarded fanboys are about the biggest losers I've ever seen on the net.

I think they were featured on Kotaku or some other video game site 4 years ago. I remember Dashus saying it was 80% complete, heh.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I've been playing this in the last 1-2 months, finally finished it, I just want to say that it's definitively worth it. If only for the writing. Well, last time I played this was 5 years ago, so I can't exactly say what the patch restored, but I know I don't have a bitter taste in my mouth this time.

The gameplay is still horrid and way too easy of course, but I really want to emphasize the writing. I just re-read VD's interview with MCA, he (VD) basically commented that the story was about finding 4 jedi masters and killing the bad guy, but VD has the culture and sensibility of my balls, so fuck him (MCA pretty much ignored him and probably thought the same thing as I do, oh yeah). It's really something else, especially if you're willing to change 'Force' with 'God', 'Darth Nihilus' with 'nihilism', and 'exile' with 'lucidity' in most of the script, then you're up for something. Espcially if you're not the type of asshole that thinks he's brilliant and knows everything about everything. Now this is the Codex so there's slim chances next to none that you're not that kind of person, but yeah, I'd say this is on the level of Torment, easily enough. I'm wondering what are MCA's influences, I'm not sure if he's well-read or not, but he sure has a sensibility that shows in his writing. I wouldn't let the Star Wars bullshit get to you, it doesn't matter, MCA rapes the setting anyway and for the good cause. I like the original movies like anyone else, they're fun, and like anyone else I don't like the prequels. But I don't care about any of them. This however is serious shit, it's serious star wars shit man, for me it's probably the only thing that's worth it. Compared this to the first game, it's totally another world, I love the contrast with Bioware's weak and obvious shit, I could write an essay on that, fuck.

I'm serious, this is now probably one of my favourite rpgs. I mean the gameplay in Torment was shit, so there's no reason why this can't be considered too. Anyway fuck you I'm a pretentious faggot who thinks the writing and characters is the most important thing in a game, yeah, I should be reading a book instead I know, but this was still a pretty cool experience. MCA is my rpg hero, I mean really, really my hero. Sucks with what is happening with AP, but I'll have to see it for myself, I guess

Lannister

Novice
@serious business:

Do you think It`s worth playing now, or is it still full of bugs` ?? Cause when I read the TSLRCM Forums, there are stilla lot of bugs reported....I think that they are still working onm a further patch...

I want to play it once and have the full experience......

So, now or never ?

Cheers,
L.

relootz

Scholar
Lannister said:
@serious business:

Do you think It`s worth playing now, or is it still full of bugs` ?? Cause when I read the TSLRCM Forums, there are stilla lot of bugs reported....I think that they are still working onm a further patch...

I want to play it once and have the full experience......

So, now or never ?

Cheers,
L.

I am in the sane boat as you, the response i have gotten on the forum is, that this is as good as it gets.

TheCowburner

Educated
Serious_Business said:
I've been playing this in the last 1-2 months, finally finished it, I just want to say that it's definitively worth it. If only for the writing. Well, last time I played this was 5 years ago, so I can't exactly say what the patch restored, but I know I don't have a bitter taste in my mouth this time.
I also had a "bitter taste in my mouth" the last time I played it. I guess I will give this game a second chance.

CrimHead

Scholar
I had an ass taste in my mouth the last time I played it.

Then again I was like 14 years old and didn't give a shit about the quality of its writing. All I knew is that it felt horribly unfinished.

Lannister

Novice
The site is down once again..... They really need a new Internet provider....

phanboy_iv

Liturgist
Finally playing through the game for the first time, 20 hours in, and glancing at what the patch restored I'm amazed, really. Looking through stuff it restores in the areas I've been in, there's tons of events and other content that I remember thinking was nifty and obviously original as I encountered it that is actually restored by this patch.

I can't imagine the game without it, it fleshes a lot of things out considerably for such a small, relatively fanfare-less patch. So far very seamlessly too, I can't tell what is added content and what isn't without looking at the patch changelog.

So far no major bugs, a few one-off crashes during loading screens, that's about it. Did have a problem with missing NPCs in one area, but that was because I forgot to download the supplemental patch they released here:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefron ... _15;111911

After installing that over the 1.5 release no problems so far.

circ

Arcane
CAN YOU GO TO THE HK-47 FACTORY NOW??????

AND ARE THERE STILL A SHIT LOAD OF CTD'S ON THAT MOON O... SOMETHING????????

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom