Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legend of Grimrock 2

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
BTW, is the shield evasion bonus of the Knights bugged? I'm equipping ancient shield for my sexterious Splinter (lol) and I'm gaining just +5 evasion where it was supposed to be, like, 7?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Is there any reason to take rogue and can all classes use lockpicks?

I wonder what weapons are in light weapons, and if alchemist is useful enough.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Light weapons are daggers and light swords like rapiers. They get +damage from your DEX, although there are STR weapons too.

I don't have rogue and use lockpicks no problem.

Alchemist sucks imo, at least in the beginning.

My knight-rat mutated for extra 2 DEX, does more damage with dagger than barb with battle axe and has 25 accuracy which is 1 point higher than barb with 2 ranks of Accuracy skill.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I know noone gives a fuck (thx Codex), but please post spell combinations.

Still using lvl 1 spells for air and ice mages.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
I know noone gives a fuck (thx Codex), but please post spell combinations.

Still using lvl 1 spells for air and ice mages.
Code:
7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3
invisibility: 9652
fireball: 7896
frost bolt: 963
elemental party shields: fire 78547 shock 89658 poison 54125 frost 65236
poison bolt 12369
force field 789632147
shield on caster 456
ice spikes 123
darkness 52
light 58
darkbolt 452
meteor storm 74569
dispel 789654123
lightning bolt 9854
also 5 on its own seems to be doing something, though it doesn't register for a spell, so it might be for a puzzle

Last edited:

Greatness

Cipher
Here's all spells and their descriptions/requirements, taken from the game's assets.

Name: Shield
Type: Utility Spell
Reqs: Concentration 1
Signs: Spirituality, Balance, Protection
Info: Creates a magical shield around you. The shield protects from physical damage by increasing your Protection by 25. Every point in concentration skill increases spell's duration by 10 seconds.

Name: Darkness
Reqs: Concentration 2
Signs: Death, Balance
Info: Negates all magical and non-magical light sources carried by your party.

Name: Light
Signs: Light, Balance
Info: Conjures a dancing ball of light that illuminates your path.

Name: Force Field
Signs: Fire, Light, Air, Physicality, Ice, Death, Earth, Spirituality, Fire
Info: Creates a magical barrier that blocks all movement. Every point in Concentration increases spell's duration by 2 seconds.

Name: Darkbolt
Reqs: Concentration 3
Signs: Death, Balance, Spirituality
Info: Shoots a ray that engulfs the target in magical darkness.

Name: Shock
Type: Air Spell
Reqs: Air Magic 1
Signs: Air
Info: Conjures a blast of electricity that deals shock damage to all foes directly in front of you.

Name: Invisibility
Reqs: Air Magic 3, Concentration 2
Signs: Air, Physicality, Balance, Death
Info: Turns yourself and your friends invisible.

Name: Shock Shield
Reqs: Air Magic 3, Concentration 3
Signs: Balance, Life, Air, Physicality, Balance
Info: Creates a magical shield reducing shock damage against the party.

Name: Lightning Bolt
Reqs: Air Magic 4
Signs: Spirituality, Balance, Life, Air
Info: You channel the power of storms through your hands.

Name: Poison Cloud
Type: Earth Spell
Reqs: Earth Magic 1
Signs: Earth
Info: Summon a toxic cloud of poison that deals damage over time.

Name: Poison Bolt
Reqs: Earth Magic 2
Signs: Earth, Death, Ice, Physicality, Air
Info: A sizzling venomous bolt of poison shoots from your hands.

Name: Poison Shield
Reqs: Earth Magic 3, Concentration 3
Signs: Balance, Death, Earth, Spirituality, Balance
Info: Creates a magical shield reducing poison damage against the party.

Name: Fireburst
Type: Fire Spell
Reqs: Fire Magic 1
Signs: Fire
Info: Conjures a blast of fire that deals fire damage to all foes directly in front of you.

Name: Fireball
Reqs: Fire Magic 3, Air Magic 1
Signs: Fire, Life, Air, Physicality
Info: A flaming ball of fire shoots from your fingertips causing devastating damage to your foes.

Name: Fireshield
Reqs: Fire Magic 3, Concentration 3
Signs: Balance, Life, Fire, Spirituality, Balance
Info: Creates a magical shield reducing fire damage against the party

Name: Meteor Storm
Reqs: Fire Magic 5, Air Magic 3
Signs: Fire, Spirituality, Balance, Physicality, Air
Info: Unleashes a devastating storm of meteors on your foes.

Name: Ice Shards
Type: Water Spell
Reqs: Water Magic 1, Earth Magic 1
Signs: Earth, Death, Ice
Info: Deathly sharp spikes of ice thrust from the ground hitting your opponents in a line. Every point in Water Magic increases the spell's range by one.

Name: Dispel
Reqs: Water Magic 1, Concentration 1
Signs: Fire, Life, Air, Physicality, Balance, Spirituality, Earth, Death, Ice
Info: Shoots a ray that damages elementals.

Name: Frostbolt
Reqs: Water Magic 3, Air Magic 1
Signs: Air, Physicality, Ice
Info: You hurl a bolt of ice death dealing ranged damage and freezing your opponents. Every point in Water Magic increases the probability and duration of the freezing effect.

Name: Frost Shield
Reqs: Water Magic 3, Concentration 3
Signs: Balance, Death, Ice, Physicality, Balance
Info: Creates a magical shield reducing cold damage against the party.

Last edited:

Renevent

Cipher
Put in 3 hours last night and damn...game is absolutely fantastic. I enjoyed the hell out of the first game and Grimrock II is a step up in just about every regard. Love the new level design and exploring the overworld and all the dungeons and secrets within. New party/leveling mechanics are really nice. Also like how combat has been improved with the new special melee attacks and enemy AI/tactics.

Lemming42

Arcane
Anybody figured out what to do after you put the 4 power gems onto the podium and get the Essence of Fire? I've looked around all the areas so far and haven't found any more power gems or elemental shrine places, so I'm wondering if maybe the Essence of Fire opens a door to a new area or something.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Performance is a little bad with me compared to LoG1 which was very smooth. I guess its because of the big outdoor areas.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The game is incredible. It's super addictive and you always get the "No, I'll just explore a little more!" vibe and suddenly you wasted 3 hours or something. Oh and I think combat is a lot harder than in the first game, my front row minotaur barbarians are getting punched pretty good - and I am playing on easy ;)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Is combat still a real-time waltz simulator? That's critical information before I decide whether or not to buy

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is combat still a real-time waltz simulator? That's critical information before I decide whether or not to buy

Well it's still a square dance simulator more or less but I think the rest of the game easily makes up for the combat. And you could still play on easy if you don't enjoy the combat very much, like I do ;)

Sinatar

Arbiter

It's real time, but the enemies are now wise to the square dance tactic, it's not an easy win mode like LOG1.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Waltzing is harder now, enemy hits seem longer and quicker and they got new moves like leaping and strafing.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Combat is great as it is. Unreal Tournament is real time waltz simulator too, but i dont see whiners trying to make it turn based.

Moving around is part of the combat, and a valid tactic in real time combat. Plus enemies in LoG2 are smarter, have more special attacks, and with the well designed areas where movement is restricted combat is a lot more tough than before.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member

It's real time, but the enemies are now wise to the square dance tactic, it's not an easy win mode like LOG1.

True, many enemies now have some kind of quick jump option when you switch fields which is one of the reasons combat is now harder but it's still possible to some extent in some areas - not nearly as much as in LoG I tho.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Our partners dance diffferently now. Ye'olde walts tactic is useless after first few starting enemies. Still real time though.

-Enemies can charge/or jump from far on you dealing good damage.
-Some of them (skeletons for etc) have kind od attacks of oppurtunity, hits you as sson as you step on near them.
-Some are agile and can keep up with your side steps.
-They make good use of ranged weapons.
-They flank you a lot, trapping you to corners.
-Boss battles are cool and different.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
The game is incredible. It's super addictive and you always get the "No, I'll just explore a little more!" vibe and suddenly you wasted 3 hours or something. Oh and I think combat is a lot harder than in the first game, my front row minotaur barbarians are getting punched pretty good - and I am playing on easy ;)

Why would anyone play this game on easy...

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Anybody figured out what to do after you put the 4 power gems onto the podium and get the Essence of Fire? I've looked around all the areas so far and haven't found any more power gems or elemental shrine places, so I'm wondering if maybe the Essence of Fire opens a door to a new area or something.
it doesn't. you probably missed the solution to some puzzle door or maybe that you can jump into water.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member

Why would anyone play this game on easy...

Because I suck at RT-blobbers and rather enjoy the dungeon design and the puzzles :oops:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom