Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let us read something... Majestic

Post rest of Casey issues?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Surprise, cockfags!

uoTNK.jpg

Gui2b.jpg

bUbDA.jpg

dLUhf.jpg

apslq.jpg

hhSny.jpg

ieedN.jpg

JDHia.jpg

MqC4F.jpg

Dea1p.jpg

3GYF1.jpg

bIXRC.jpg

ydvMJ.jpg

y8YTi.jpg

ot9ci.jpg

vyvMm.jpg

M5ZWV.jpg

nzhxG.jpg

yfmjE.jpg

Lbfqv.jpg

YUYZh.jpg

x46PQ.jpg

QVQeH.jpg

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
That was pretty clever. Though now that all the time loops have been closed... there's going to be a nasty paradox if all the mucking around means the daemonite invasion isn't going to happen anymore.

Vaarna_Aarne

It's actually a really clever "resurrection" of the character. Majestic is alive in the continuity precisely because of the paradox his original timeline self caused with his sacrifice, as the entire timeline was changed due to his actions.

Still, it was a really clever ending and overall time travel plot, especially with the whole thing Majestic had gambled on being that the parts of the future he didn't prevent are going to happen as they did before. And of course, the exchange Majestic and Helspont had before their ten week mental battle was really good too, as it establishes that Lord Helspont does operate on a set of principles and isn't complete monster like Lord Defile.

I don't know if any comics afterwards touched on the whole thing of Majestic not knowing what had happened, but I guess it can be brushed off with everyone assuming Madge is just being Madge.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
That did kinda bother me. I guess even after all is said and done, Majestic still doesn't know the daemonites aren't all bad (unless he left a note to his future-past self), nor that Savant is his daughter.

Vaarna_Aarne

As said, I don't know if they dealt with the after-effects of this series, like ever.

Though the Daemonites left on earth are a pretty bad bunch, since most of them are either linked to Lord Defile, and Daemonite warriors in general are just as ruthless as Kherans (as Alan Moore put it, the reason the WildCATs readily assumed all Daemonites were evil was because they only ever dealt with Daemonite soldiers).

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Vaarna_Aarne said:
It's actually a really clever "resurrection" of the character. Majestic is alive in the continuity precisely because of the paradox his original timeline self caused with his sacrifice, as the entire timeline was changed due to his actions.
I see problems with the time loops though. The one with the gateway he closed nicely by waiting for his past self to step through, but now there's the one with the Planetshaper. I'm not sure the loops close properly, but time travel plots give me a headache.

Still, as far as time travel goes, it was neater than most. You were right about that.

And of course, the exchange Majestic and Helspont had before their ten week mental battle was really good too
It was, but IMO it would've been even better if Helspont wasn't so gleeful about destroying Khera and went on about trying to do it more out of a real sense of duty than just petty revenge. I understand they didn't want to deviate too much from the established Daemonite mentality but it would've made him an even better alter ego to Defile.

I don't know if any comics afterwards touched on the whole thing of Majestic not knowing what had happened
Well Zealot still knows about the Kherans, and Savant knows about her parents anyway, so it's not as if either revelations can go back to being ignored, so current-Majestros not knowing at this particular time isn't a problem because he's gonna be told by Z and S (complete with "don't you remember?")

Also, he really should stop shaving. That beard is badass.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
How DOES he shave anyway? I mean, he can get burned, exploded, travel in outer space and into the earths core and his hair never gets singed, burned or ruffled. Did the kherns invent an atomic laz0r razor?

Vaarna_Aarne

Yea, Madge not knowing what happened isn't probably going to ruffle anyone's feathers. Since they'll probably just shrug it off and conclude Madge is just being Madge again and fucked off for no one knows how long and forgot stuff while doing something else.

Ulminati said:
How DOES he shave anyway? I mean, he can get burned, exploded, travel in outer space and into the earths core and his hair never gets singed, burned or ruffled. Did the kherns invent an atomic laz0r razor?
Alan Moore answered that question long ago in a Superman/Swamp Thing crossover: Mirroring heat vision to your chin.

Random

Arcane
Patron
That's pretty damn dangerous though. Majestic and Supes must be damned careful whenever they do it.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
What, already? That was quick. Or maybe it seemed to go quicker because once the pair took over each arc flows seamlessly into the next.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Series over. I'll poll about the next comic you want later, now I'm fucking tired.

Aw... :(

Awesome run though. The best series posted yet, although that's no surprise with Dan Motherfucking Abnett having a hand in it. Many BROfists to you for taking the time to share this.

:love:

I'd like it if you posted Wild Cats stuff next. They may be assholes, but it'd be interesting to see how their past ties in with Stormwatch, The Authority and all of the other crap.

(Not that it will bring Henry back, but what the hell... I'd like to read it anyway.)

Vaarna_Aarne

So, here are the two options for what I'll post next:

1) Alan Moore's WildCATs, which I've mentioned often. Remember, Alan Moore's mediocre is what most artists can aspire to have as their best. Pre-dates Ellis' run on StormWatch, Henry does not appear thought members of StormWatch do.

or

2) Top Ten, one of the best comics in monthly print during the early 2000s, also by Alan Moore. It's a police procedural, but with a twist: The police we're following are Neopolis PD, the law enforcement of a city where everyone is a superhero, robot, mad scientist or a pulp adventurer (the governments of the world resolved to relocate them all into an independent city, since there were so many of them after WW2). It's a really unique setting that Moore has a lot of fun fleshing out in every issue, and as usual Moore's cast of characters is top notch.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
1) I'm kinda curious to see what the whole deal is with Nemesis/Majestic. It kinda feels like we got dumped in th emiddle of things in the previous runs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom