Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's find out if Mistmare is the worst RPG of all time

Twinkle

Liturgist
CHAPTER 8

Several commoners are standing nearby. But how did they manage to survive?

mi17-01.jpg

mi17-02.jpg

Are they trying to insult intellectual capabilities of a little, proud nation that gave these very forums so many quality posters. :rage: Or maybe this guy is just Sapkowski's close sibling. :M

mi17-03.jpg

Yeah, it's not like it's a fairly obvious tra... Oh, nevermind, let's proceed.

mi17-04.jpg

mi17-05.jpg

And inside.

mi17-06.jpg

So the writing basically says: If you wait to ruin something forever, ask a Polack to do it. : x

mi17-07.jpg

mi17-08.jpg

Well, this explanation is still more satisfying than some retardo global "Church is teh evil" conspiracy the game hinted at in Rome.

mi17-09.jpg

mi17-10.jpg

You bet. :lol:

As soon as they step outside they turn into huge, dangerous monsters. Shavier hastily escapes to the nearby cave complex while Isador is forced to retreat inside the cathedral.

mi17-11.jpg

From there beating huge dino is trivial as stupid thing can't get inside while I bombard it with spells.

mi17-12.jpg

mi17-13.jpg

mi17-14.jpg

mi17-15.jpg

The huge flesh giant Izzy just avoids and runs straight to the cave complex after Shavier.

mi17-16.jpg

mi17-17.jpg

mi17-18.jpg

Need to find the control room.

mi17-19.jpg

Why did you charge, moron? Get back!

mi17-20.jpg

:salute: You died for good cause, but, man, that was stupid move.

mi17-21.jpg

The entrance to the control room is guarded by four demonic looking guardians. They are very tough but slow and I have unlimited ability to resurrect so the chances are really not in their favor.

mi17-22.jpg

mi17-23.jpg

mi17-24.jpg

mi17-25.jpg

mi17-26.jpg

I check Shavier's body just in case... Yup, dead.

mi17-27.jpg

I pull them carefully one by one to avoid gangbanging.

mi17-28.jpg

mi17-29.jpg

And only one remains, though he's bigger and badder than the rest.

mi17-30.jpg

mi17-31.jpg

But for some reason he ignores Isador and marches inside nearby wall. :lol:

mi17-32.jpg

mi17-33.jpg

Done and dusted.

mi17-34.jpg

This is the end, my friends. Watch this awesum cinematic and congratulate me (and yourselves). We made it, after all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTsFV6jlUyM&feature=youtu.be

However, I must say the ending is not full rainbows and unicorns. Note the rats. When Isador banished the Fog, the plague returned and it's only a matter of time till it reaches civilized Europe again. Nice touch, IMO.

I rate this marvelous game

:troll:

out of

:butthurt:

As far as titular question goes: no, it's far from being the worst RPG I played. It's still above the level of genuine irredeemable turds like MMIX, at least with Mistmare I wanted to know how it ends rather than abandon it immediately. Truth to be told, "cRPG" is hardly the best term to describe it. It feel more akin to story-driver action/adventure with RPG elements which makes it sort of a proto-Witcher.

Thank you for reading, and expect me LP more obscure "bad but somewhat interesting" games in the future. :M

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
That flesh giant looks p creepy!

Wait, so Shavier just keeled over right before the end? That's a little depressing. But...he's back for the cutscene? Oh well. Or was that Izzy?

Not a very good closing cutscene but yeah, good touch with the rats returning. A game with some decent ideas, at least it's got some original stuff, too bad it kinda sucks!

Or maybe this guy is just Sapkowski's close sibling

Hahaha.

Well, this explanation is still more satisfying than some retardo global "Church is teh evil" conspiracy the game hinted at in Rome.

Yip. Not bad!

Congrats to make it to the end Twinkle!

lightbane

Arcane
Finally managed to read this to the end. Not bad, good thing it wasn't an obvious "HURR THE CHURCH IS EVIL" plottwist.
The ending is not all good and shiny. But a plague is preferable to an eldritch fog that turns people into monsters... Right???

Either way, thanks for the lp.

vazha

Arcane
ok, let me see what I can do. Whom do I send the archived pics to replace the dead ones?

vazha

Arcane
First off, you'll need to explain to me how to do that in the first place. Like how did you get that image via archive.org? I suppose I should put a link to this thread in the archive.org, what then? tried and it gives me site error :/

Modron

Arcane

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Download the images from archive.org and re-upload them to an imgur gallery.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom