Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Blood Bowl (for reals!)

Turn Length / Game schedule?

• 2 mins / daily games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 mins / weekly games

• 4 mins / daily games

• 4 mins / weekly games

• 4 mins / freeplay games

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shuma

Scholar
Ruleset for the league

UPDATE: OKAY! So looks like we have enough players for a good 6 person league. Should keep it short and sweet, but long enough to get an appetite for the game going. This is my first shot at an online league, so there may be some kinks to work out.

I am starting the league today so that players can get their teams made for the weekend. 6 open slots, first come first served. If you didn't get in, there's a chance people may drop out and you can attempt to fill that spot. If things go well, there may be another league in the future.

I encourage all to post match reviews, roundups, rants, and above all, any dice nerdrages you want. There's a handy way to load replays and you can check out all the games you play in their entirety. Perhaps to upload for others to enjoy?

Rules are Classic (LRB5 link above), 4 minute turns, and freeplay. So set up your matches via this thread or PMs. Next league may work better with a schedule, as I fear the more dedicated coaches will play lots of games and others won't, but as mentioned above, this league is going to have some trial and error.

There are no sportsmanship rules. If some dickbag fouls and kills your star Thrower on turn 16 when up 3-0, nerdrage about it here, and maybe we'll return the favor! Hopefully people keep it nice and civil. :)

---FINAL IMPORTANT DETAILS---

League Name: Retardo BBL
League PW: HEAVAN (yes, all caps)

---------------------------------

All right, so there's been rumblings on the forum about starting a league. Well, rumble no more, cause I'm gonna start one up*!

That's right. Be among the first to participate in the Codex's own Blood Bowl League! Be admired and treated with respect by your peers and loved ones. Be a true hero among men. Besides, all the cool kids are doing it...

Okay, so first thing's first. Who's interested? Who wants to smash people's faces in, or toss a glorious game-winning long bomb TD? Who wants 50$ cash mailed to them?!? Well, join the League of the Codex(TM), and you'll get all this and more! (!!!) lol except for teh moneys

If you're interested, throw me a PM, or better yet, post in this thread. You'll need to let me know your BB coach name (mine's Shuma. Hi!), and what race you'd like to play. I'm looking for 6-8 DEDICATED players. We're just looking for friendly competition here, but I don't want to have to keep replacing players because of whatever stupid reasons people can come up with. We're like motherfucking Rico's Redneck's here. If you're down to play 6-8 matches on line over an indeterminate period of time, you make a good candidate. I'm not looking for a life long commitment, but I need to know that you'll stick with your shitty Chaos team with the two injured Chaos Warriors and are 0-4 cause you only roll quad skulls.

If there is sufficient interest, I'll start the league up and we can submit teams and WAAAAAGH! it the fuck up!

Adding a poll for those interested: turn length times, and scheduling. 2 minute or 4 minute turns? And should we go with a daily (bleh), weekly, or free game schedule (aka play when you want)?

*if enough people wanna play, of course

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
If someone can play daily, they can play weekly and freely. Although not everyone can play daily (me working 14 hours a day for example).

I would be all over this, though, fitting in games whenever I could.

bgillisp

Scholar
I'm on summer break until August 25th so I'd be up to this, give me something to do for a while. Though probably would prefer weekly matches just in case something comes up. Team preference? I would prefer humans or wood elves as those are the two I've played in the single player game and are somewhat comfortable with them.

Kaiserin

Liturgist
Weekly/Freeplay would work out for the best I'd think. I'm pretty fond of Wood Elves myself...

Oarfish

Prophet
Weekly / Freeplay is good for me. I am happy with elves and skaven. I still suck at it though.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I hope the "for reals!" part mean you'll all meet up at a field somewhere, dress up as orcs and fairies and shit and then proceed to beat the fuck outta each other.

protobob

Liturgist
Well, I'd sign up but I've found that committing myself to play a game instantly takes the fun out of it for me.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I'd like to play with a weekly / free kind of schedule, since things must be done and doing them takes preference over games. Still, it'd be nice to play against Codexers. As long as they don't cheat. Or whine. Or butthurt. Hmmm....

I haven't found myself comfortable with any team yet, which is making my campaigns last little longer than the second cup. Team TBA, if the league is created.

NotAnAlt

Educated
I'll play in a week or so if you start another league up. Using Lizardmen atm but they seem to EZ so i may change to goblin.

Shuma

Scholar
The league is set up (search for Retardo BBL, or sort by coach name and scroll to Shuma), send an app to me in-game and I will approve!

If anyone needs detailed instructions on how to set up their multiplayer account, make a team, or join a league, let me know and I will include them.

As teams are added, we can put each other on friends lists and be internet buddies!

bgillisp

Scholar
I have little experience with multiplayer games, but I'll try to get this set up Sunday evening (I'm in CDT), will post more if I have problems then.

Devadatta

Novice
Does this follow American Football rules closely i.e halting play every fucking five seconds or is it more like rugby?

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Devadatta said:
Does this follow American Football rules closely i.e halting play every fucking five seconds or is it more like rugby?

Closer to rugby, but with elements of American football like forward passing. There are no downs. Plays only stop when when a team scores or the half ends.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
GoGamer does not ship to International Destinations at this time.
Damn. Anyway, I think the physical version was supposed to be released here a few days ago, will search for it.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Guessing the password is part of the challenge. I got it after a few dozen guesses.

Signed up as gobbos.

HEAVAN

Shuma

Scholar
Wasn't my intention to hide the league pw... but yes it's

HEAVAN

indeed. Also listed in the OP at the top.

We have our first few teams signed up. Meet the Brewhouse Chugmeisters!

bloodbowl001.jpg

Let's see em get stomped into the dirt.

bloodbowl002.jpg

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I will join i got the game today so i will have to see what i will play.

I think i might make a Dwarf team.

Made a team in case theres any room
Coach name: CrimsonAngel
Team: Crim's Midget Brigade

bgillisp

Scholar
I'll have to wait and sign up in 2 weeks, I'm moving right now so maybe not the best time to do a league. I'll check and see if there is still an opening after July 24th, else I'll join the next league

Shuma

Scholar
bgillisp said:
I'll have to wait and sign up in 2 weeks, I'm moving right now so maybe not the best time to do a league. I'll check and see if there is still an opening after July 24th, else I'll join the next league

3 people in the league now so far. We have 1 skaven, 1 goobo, and one human team. With the dwarf team that will make 4. Not sure if there will be room or not, bgillisp. The rate of submissions so far has been slow.

We'll get this thing goin eventually. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom