Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's watch Shepard's ass save the galaxy!

When love blossoms, whom would you choose?

• Kaidan Alenko

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liara T'soni

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
ME1057.jpg

shepard.jpg
: Damn, same encounter. A pair of assassins outside Chora's Den. What the hell?

The Extreme Incarnation watched intently for a moment and was stunned to see how Shepard's men fell to the floor after taking a rocket blast.

ME1058.jpg

shepard.jpg
: That's impossible, Ashley and Kaidan. They dropped in seconds!

watcher.jpg
: It seems Shepard's enemies fight harder in this universe.

shepard.jpg
: Are you implying I had it easy in my universe? Look man, we've got to help her. She won't make it.

watcher.jpg
: What do you want to do?

shepard.jpg
: Bring her here. Now.

female.jpg
: Wha- How did I get here? My men. They're in danger-

shepard.jpg
: *grips female Shepard's shoulders* I'm going to teach you biotics. What's your specialization, Shepard?

female.jpg
: I'm an Infiltrator. Hacking and Decryptions with Sniper/Pistols weapons training.

shepard.jpg
: I'm a Vanguard. I'll teach you Barrier. It'll protect you. *closes eye for a moment* There. Now you have a part of my ability. Use it to protect yourself!

watcher.jpg
: Are you two finished?

shepard.jpg
: Not yet, don't trust the Krogan!

The Codex reacted quickly and unsummoned the female Shepard.

watcher.jpg
: What have you done?

shepard2.jpg
: Saving her the trouble. She won't have Wrex's blood in her hands and she won't have to bring Wrex along now.

watcher.jpg
: It won't work.

shepard.jpg
: What? What do you mean? You'll wipe her memory again?

watcher.jpg
: Bioware won't allow it. You'll see.

Shepard found herself back outside Chora's Den. She felt disoriented but recovered quickly after seeing her two men still unconscious on the floor. She remembered that man's words. Barrier. Use it to protect yourself.

And protect herself she did.

ME1059.jpg

Saren's men firepower was temporarily nullified and Shepard dispatched the remaining assassin with a hand grenade. Convinced that she was no longer in any danger, she helped Kaidan and Ashley up, applying medi-gel treatment before stepping into Chora's Den. That was too close. Whoever that man is, he saved her life. And she remembered his second advice as she stepped into the dance club.

ME1060.jpg

Don't trust the Krogan.

ME1061.jpg

ME1062.jpg

She remembered what she's there for. Harkin. That slime bag is sitting on the chair. Their eyes met for a moment, and his scanned her entire profile. Looks life she passed his appraisal.

ME1063.jpg

ME1064.jpg

Shepard : Maybe later.

Harkin : Suit yourself, princess. You know, if more marines looked like you, I might've joined the Alliance instead of C-Sec.

Shepard : Harkin, right? I was told you could help me find someone. A turian C-Sec officer named Garrus.

Harkin : Ha! You must be one of Captain Anderson's crew. Poor bastard's still trying to bring Saren down, eh?

ME1065.jpg

Shepard : Is there something I should know about the Captain?

Harkin : The captain used to be a Spectre. Didn't know that, did you? It was very hush-hush. The first human ever given that honor. And then he blew it. Screwed up his mission so bad they kicked him out. Of course, he blames Saren. Says the turian screwed him up.

Shepard : Why'd they kick him out?

Harkin : Have to ask him. I never heard any of the details. Bet it's a good story, though. The hero's fall. Classic tragedy. Ha!

Shepard : Just tell me where Garrus went.

shepard2.jpg
: OK, this is where she walks over to that clinic and get in a shootout with Garrus right?

watcher.jpg
: Yes, that is correct.

ME1066.jpg

shepard.jpg
: Sigh, even the same journalist dressed like a stripper. Fuck, fast forward this shit.

ME1067.jpg

ME1068.jpg

ME1069.jpg

ME1070.jpg

ME1071.jpg

ME1072.jpg

ME1073.jpg

shepard2.jpg
: Damn, I always loved that part. Boom, headshot!

With their hostage lost, the rest of the thugs were neutralized quickly.

ME1074.jpg

ME1075.jpg

Shepard : What were you thinking, you could've hit the hostage!

shepard.jpg
: What is WRONG with her?!

ME1076.jpg

ME1077.jpg

Shepard : I know those men threatened you. But if you tell us who they work for, we can protect you.

Dr. Michel : They work for Fist. They wanted to shut me up, keep me from telling Garrus about the quarian.

Shepard : What quarian?

Dr. Michel : A few days ago, a quarian came by my office. She'd been shot, but she wouldn't tell me who did it. I could tell she was scared, probably on the run. She asked me about the Shadow Broker. She wanted to trade information in exchange for a safe place to hide.

Shepard : Then what?

Dr. Michel : I put her in contact with Fist. He's an agent for the Shadow Broker.

Garrus : Not anymore. Now he works for Saren, and the Shadow Broker isn't too happy about it. The quarian must have something that Saren wants.

Shepard : She must have something that proves he is a traitor. Did the quarian mentioned anything about Saren? Or the geth?

Michel : She did! The information she was going to trade. She said it had something to do with the geth.

Shepard : Time we paid Fist a visit.

ME1078.jpg

Shepard : I don't need a turian shooting me in the back when I least expect it.

shepard.jpg
: Damn, what is up with that? She distrust him that much?

watcher.jpg
: I think she didn't like how Garrus does things. He just gunned down a hostage taker, endangering the innocent. She's not that kind of person.

shepard.jpg
: Then why didn't she say so? What's this about him shooting her at the back?

watcher.jpg
: Bioware wouldn't let her, Extreme One.

shepard.jpg
: This explanation makes zero sense. Why do you lie?

watcher.jpg
: You'll believe me in time.

ME1079.jpg

watcher.jpg
: See that? She had NO choice.

shepard.jpg
: Not even Wrex?

watcher.jpg
: What do you think?

shepard.jpg
: You're full of it.

ME1080.jpg

shepard.jpg
: Fuck.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Enforced companion seems to be pretty standard for BioWare now. And yes, it's pretty annoying.

I do wonder how much "don't trust the Krogan" will change in Shepard's choices.

Extreme Incarnation said:
Why do you lie?

Roofles. Game over.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Interesting. I've never seen the Headshot scene, because I had Ashley and Kaiden in my party when I entered that part.

So OMG! Bioware actually DID do something that is different if you replay it again! ;)

I forget in your fist LP if you also has Wrex in your part when you do the Fist quest? That's another one.

*EXTREME RE-PLAYABILITY*

RK47

Patron
ME1081.jpg

shepard.jpg
: Don't do it!

ME1082.jpg

ME1083.jpg

shepard2.jpg
: Wahoo! I told you! Wrex doesn't matter anymore!

watcher.jpg
: Too early to celebrate.

Fist's men locked down Chora's Den and Shepard had to fight her way through his guards to get to his office.

ME1084.jpg

And fought she did.

ME1085.jpg

ME1086.jpg

Shepard : This would be a good time to find somewhere else to work.

Worker : Yeah. Yeah, right. That's a good idea. I never liked Fist anyway.

ME1087.jpg

shepard.jpg
: I can't believe it either, finding another job means they'll work for another crime boss you dumb slut!

watcher.jpg
: Do I need to remind you that you also intimidated these folks and let them off too?

shepard.jpg
: I know, I regretted it. I should've killed them.

ME1088.jpg

shepard.jpg
: Stfu, fanboy!

ME1089.jpg

ME1090.jpg

ME1091.jpg

shepard.jpg
: SHOOT HIM!

Shepard : You better start explaining before I lose my temper.

Fist : The quarian isn't here. Said she'd only deal with the Shadow Broker himself.

Kaidan : I thought the Shadow Broker only worked through agents.

Shepard : *Holsters her pistol and gestures at Fist to get up*

ME1092.jpg

Fist : Nobody meets the Shadow Broker. Ever. Even I don't know his true identity. But she didn't know that. I told her I'd set a meeting up.

ME1093.jpg

shepard2.jpg
: I find Fist's personality to be slightly retarded. He had all the cards you know, quarian's location and other possible info he could reveal. Then Shepard holstered her gun, relaxed a bit. Then he spilled the beans about the danger she walked into AND the part he plays in it. It's like he's asking to be shot in the face.

ME1094.jpg

shepard2.jpg
: Fuck yeah! Collar Grab(tm)! Is this the first in this universe?

watcher.jpg
: I suppose when it involves saving lives, this Shepard can be very extreme.

ME1095.jpg

Shepard : Am I supposed to just forget your part in all this?

shepard.jpg
: SHOOT HIM!

Fist : Hey! I came clean! I told you about the meeting! Besides, I've got my own problems now. The Shadow Broker want me dead! I have to disappear. Forget about me. I'm a ghost.

Shepard : You're not my concern.

Fist : Don't worry. You'll never see me again.

shepard.jpg
: BAH!

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Oh snap. Is Wrex totally gone if you don't pick that, or is it just A TRICK?

...no seriously I'm actually kind of curious. I heard that might be the case. I just thought "heyyy, big growly lizard-tank" and took him along. And he didn't betray me because I got him his armor. By coincidence. So... yeah.

KEEP PLAYING IT CONTINUES TO BE AWESOME

RK47

Patron
Shepard and her crew managed to reach the quarian in time before Saren's assassins can do their work. A short battle ensued, and the quarian is safe.

ME1096.jpg

Shepard : Were you hurt in the fight?

Tali : I know how to look after myself. Not that I don't appreciate the help. Who are you?

Shepard : My name's Shepard. I'm looking for evidence to prove Saren's a traitor.

Tali : Then I have chance to repay you for saving my life. But not here. We need to go somewhere safe.

Shepard takes Tali to Udina's office and there they listened to the voice recording of Saren, celebrating the success at Eden Prime. As well as another female, mentioning them a step closer to the return of the Reapers.

ME1098.jpg

Shepard : The Reapers are a threat to every species in Citadel space. We have to tell them.

Anderson : No matter what they think of about the rest of this, those audio files prove Saren's a traitor.

Udina : The captain's right. We need to present this evidence to the Council right away.

shepard2.jpg
: I see. So no matter what happens. Shepard will always end up as a Spectre before he or she can go after Saren.

watcher.jpg
: Indeed. How do you feel?

shepard.jpg
: Like a goddamn train on rails. It's hopeless. At least Wrex wouldn't follow her. I've changed something in this universe.

watcher.jpg
: You really think so?

shepard2.jpg
: Don't spoil it for me. I'm still pissed about Ashley and Kaidan choice I had to make in Virmire.

ME1099.jpg

shepard.jpg
: Not this damn Pakist again! Study dead wife's corpse or return it for burial. Which one is better and why? Discuss!

Shepard : It's no trouble. What can I do for you?

Samesh : My wife was a marine. She was in the 212 on Eden Prime.

ME1100.jpg

Samesh : Chief Williams. It is a pleasure. Nirali spoke of you with great respect.

Ashley : I am sorry for your loss, Mr. Bhatia. Nirali was a good woman. What can we do for you?

Samesh : I've requested my wife's body returned to me for cremation, but the military has refused my request.

Shepard : Why did they refuse your request?

Samesh : I don't know. All I know is that they have declared it impossible for my wife to be returned to me.

Shepard : There's no reason for your wife's body to be held like this. Just wait here.

Samesh : The man in charge of my case is Mr. Bosker. When I last saw him, he was in the expensive bar over there.

ME1101.jpg

Shepard : Yes. A man named Samesh Bhatia is having trouble claiming his wife's body.

Bosker : Ah, Mr. Bhatia. A good man in an understandably frustrating position. I wish I could help him. Serviceman Bhatia died on Eden Prime, her wounds are inconsistent with any type of weapon damage we've seen before. That is why her body is being held.

Shepard : You think her body may be dangerous or contaminated?

Bosker : No, Commander. Nirali is not dangerous. Her body is, in fact, extremely valuable to the Alliance. The tests we are conducting may lead to better defenses against geth attacks.

ME1102.jpg

Shepard : I understand what you're trying to do, but holding the body is wrong.

shepard2.jpg
: I understand what she's coming at, but why can't the Alliance at least take a small sample off her body then release it? There's no reason to keep a whole chunk of dead meat just to do some tests.

watcher.jpg
: This universe of yours...is very binary. Your choice is either yes. Or no. There is no middle ground. The middle ground usually means 'do nothing'.

ME1103.jpg

shepard2.jpg
: Uh oh, he said 'protect humanity'.

watcher.jpg
: I pity Shepard. She had no choice at this point. She cannot back down. Her response choices...all meant the same thing : She cannot compromise.

shepard2.jpg
: You're right.

ME1104.jpg

Bosker : Alright, Commander. You win. It was hard enough refusing Mr.Bhatia. I'm not going to risk an incident by refusing you. Tell Samesh that the body is being shipped back to Earth. I'll go now to see to it myself.

ME1105.jpg

Shepard : I reminded Mr. Bosker what we're fighting for. Your wife is coming home.

Samesh : Thank you. It does not bring me happiness, but it may bring me peace. Goodbye, Commander.

Ashley : Samesh? I don't know if this helps, but your wife... Nirali loved you very much.

ME1106.jpg

shepard.jpg
: ...

watcher.jpg
: Extreme One, are you alright?

ME1107.jpg

shepard3.jpg
: This universe is a sick joke. Toying with people's lives. I need a gun right now. And a name of the person who created it. It's driving me crazy.

watcher.jpg
: Karpyshyn.

shepard.jpg
: What did you say?

RK47

Patron
ME1108.jpg

With the evidence in hand, Ambassador Udina had no problems convincing the Council that Saren is indeed a traitor. But convincing them to act proved to be much harder.

ME1109.jpg

ME1110.jpg

However, they doubt that the threat of the Reapers is real, and insisted that Saren is no longer a serious threat with the removal of his Spectre's privileges. They are also reluctant to employ their fleet in the effort to track down Saren for fears of inciting war with the Terminus system. When Udina argued a fleet can at least protect the outlying human colonies near the Traverse where attacks might take place, the Council still refused to do so.

Shepard expressed her frustrations at the Council's inaction.

Shepard : Every time humanity asks for help you ignore us!

ME1111.jpg

Before Udina could finish his sentence, the Asari Councilor intervened.

ME1112.jpg

watcher.jpg
: And so it comes full circle.

shepard3.jpg
: She'll crack.

watcher.jpg
: Excuse me?

shepard.jpg
: This Shepard...

shepard2.jpg
: Will eventually see this Council as nothing more than an obstacle. And bring it down. You'll see.

watcher.jpg
: I find your lack of faith disturbing. She is very different from you. Can't you see?

shepard2.jpg
: I'm not convinced. I'd like to see her handle X24 Asteroid Incident in a satisfactory manner. You can't save the innocent without letting that Baatarian terrorist go.

watcher.jpg
: Your eyes will be opened in time. Just like the eyes of this Council.

ME1113.jpg

ME1114.jpg

Shepard : I'm honored, Councilor.

ME1115.jpg

ME1116.jpg

Shepard : Until I find Saren, I haven't done anything. Come on.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Extreme incarnation ftw. Especially the way he changes his face expressions throughout the thread

also:

may.gif

:declineofAnnieCarlson:

RK47

Patron
Shepard decided to explore the Citadel and make necessary supply purchases before setting off on her mission.

ME1117.jpg

Shepard : Tell me more of the Relay Monument.

ME1118.jpg

shepard.jpg
: Son of a bitch. It's right there. That's the Conduit!

Avina : What is the meaning behind this striking piece of art? Is it a tribute to Prothean vanity, a reminded of their conquest of the galaxy through mass relay technology? Or perhaps it is a symbol of unity, a Prothean acknowledgement that the relays would eventually lead another species here to the Citadel? No one can say for sure, making the Relay Monument a favorite topic of discussion among academics and scholars.

shepard.jpg
: We need to warn her. If that thing is destroyed, then the Citadel Invasion would not occur.

watcher.jpg
: You are too simple minded. Think of the consequences should you destroy the Conduit now. The Council will be proven right, Shepard would never get her chance to prove herself. And the galaxy would be lulled into a false sense of security. Relaxing their guard, Sovereign would have another plan to bring the Reaper back in and maybe the galaxy would totally ignore the warning of another Reaper invasion.

shepard.jpg
: Oh.

ME1119.jpg

watcher.jpg
: For now the threat in plain sight must remain undetected. This, I can accept. The Protheans bought the galaxy enough time and left behind beacons as warnings. 'Shepard' is one individual who is fated to heed this warning. You are chosen for this role and so is she.

shepard2.jpg
: Deep.

ME1120.jpg

Shepard came across a krogan statue in the Presidium district, and stopped for a moment. Thinking back at what the man had said to her. Don't trust the krogan, he said. But why? An information terminal stood next to the statue to answer her queries.

Avina : The statue you see before you was commissioned to honor the krogan soldiers who gave their lives to protect Citadel Space during the Rachni Wars. In the aftermath of the Krogan Rebellions, several embasies petitioned to have the statue removed. However, this motion was eventually quashed by the Council.

Shepard : Tell me more of the Krogan Rebellions.

Avina : In recognition of their efforts during the Rachni Wars, the krogan were granted several new colony worlds by the Council. Over the next 400 years, the krogan species began to expand. Blessed with an extremely high birth rate, their numbers began to swell. Faced with a critical over-population crisis, the krogan started a violent colonization of nearby worlds inhabited by other Council species. The Krogan Rebellions had begun. For a full century, the Council and its member species fought to bring the Krogan under control. With the aid of the newly discovered turian empire they were ultimately successful.

shepard2.jpg
: The Genophage. Of course the terminal didn't mention this. Censored info.

Shepard : You needed the krogan to stop the rachni. Then you needed the turians to stop the krogan. So who's going to stop the turians?

Avina : I am sorry, but that question is beyond my programming parameters. The turians are members of the Citadel Council. They are not a threat to galactic peace.

shepard2.jpg
: Two strong bio-weapons, facing each other. The Council is nothing more than a puppet-master. As long you're useful, they'll take you in, break your leash, and they'll put you down. I'm beginning to believe what Ashley said. We, humanity, are just viewed as a tool. Disposable as they see fit.

Shepard : Why did the Council fight so hard to keep the statue?

Avina : The krogan were instrumental in saving the galaxy from the rachni threat. The Council believed this historical fact should not be forgotten. The Council also hoped that preserving the memorial would improve diplomatic relations with the krogan and bring about a peaceful resolution to the Rebellions. Unfortunately, the krogan refused to negotiate, and only surrendered after their population and homeworlds had been ravaged by the turians.

shepard.jpg
: This story is too fucking one-sided.

watcher.jpg
: Did you think of that when you gunned down Wrex in Virmire?

shepard3.jpg
: The stakes were too high.

Shepard : What were the Rachni Wars?

Avina : Nearly 2200 years ago, explorers seeking to expand Citadel Space opened up mass relays leading to systems controlled by the rachni. A highly intelligent and aggressive insect race, the rachni unleashed a war of conquest against the rest of the galaxy that lasted for nearly three centuries. The emergence of the krogan finally turned the tide in favor of the Citadel species. Krogan forces provided the numbers necessary to halt the rachni advance and drive them back.

ME1121.jpg

Shepard : Was it necessary to wipe them out?

shepard3.jpg
: Sigh.

ME1122.jpg

watcher.jpg
: Did you regret your decision?

shepard2.jpg
: The Krogan were finished as a race. The Rachni weren't supposed to survive. If I let the Queen live, we would be without a sufficient counter should she turn against us, in that position, failure is an outcome I've allowed to happen. I cannot accept that.

watcher.jpg
: Very well.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Darth Roxor said:
may.gif

:declineofAnnieCarlson:

What, I can't give props to Shining Force 2 and it being awesome, and May being an awesome archer, and how I grieve now that the series has turned to crap? Jeez.

Also this is all kinds of a clever IP. I feel like I must keep pouring on the praise, as it continues to improve. :)

RK47

Patron
C-Sec Ward, Docking Bay Elevator
ME1123.jpg

Shepard : Shepard. That's me. Commander Shepard.

shepard.jpg
: No! This can't be happening!

Wrex : The name's Wrex. The Shadow Broker paid me a lot of money to get rid of Fist. Only you got there first.

Shepard : Sounds like I did the job for you.

ME1124.jpg

Kaidan : I don't like where this is going.

shepard.jpg
: Me neither, fanboy. Get your biotics ready when she's in danger.

ME1125.jpg

shepard.jpg
: What the hell? She let Fist go! She didn't kill him. Stupid Krogan!

Shepard : (Intelligence) So you're going to pay me for getting rid of Fist?

Wrex : I won't take credit for someone else's work. I transferred the payment into your account.

ME1126.jpg

Shepard : You're a bounty hunter. What do you get out of going after Saren?

Wrex : I'm not in this for the money. I want to be where the action is. There's a storm coming. And you and Saren are right in the middle of it.

shepard.jpg
: Wrex smash. Wrex want shoot things. Things go boom boom around Shepard. Wrex go with Shepard. Yes? BAH!

watcher.jpg
: Ahhh, Bioware.

Shepard : Why me? Saren's already got a lot of krogan working for him.

Wrex : Those aren't krogan! They're servants. They grovel at Saren's feet to lick his boots, trading their freedom for promises of wealth and power. My people were once a proud species once. Some of us still remember that. I won't bow down to Saren like the others.

female.jpg
: (I need more time to think about this.)

Shepard : A krogan's more trouble that I need.

Wrex : I don't cause problems; I solve them. You go after Saren, you'll be glad I'm around.

shepard.jpg
: Not at Virmire, you meathead.

Shepard : I don't want you in this mission.

Wrex : Your loss. If you change your mind, come look me up. I'll be over in Chora's Den.

shepard2.jpg
: Yes! See that? Without Wrex, there would be less bloodshed in Virmire.

watcher.jpg
: Hmm.

shepard2.jpg
: What's wrong?

watcher.jpg
: Your warning was...unnecessary. Her conviction and words is strong enough to persuade Wrex from turning over. Some fates can be changed, while other events still must happen.

shepard3.jpg
: Are you talking about Kaidan and Ashley?

watcher.jpg
: I'm afraid so.

Shepard took the elevator down to the Normandy's docking bay. There he was given command of the Normandy at Captain Anderson's expense.

ME1127.jpg

Shepard : I want the truth. Why are you stepping down, Sir?

Anderson : You needed your own ship. A Spectre can't answer to anyone but the Council. And it's time for me to step down.

Shepard : Come clean with me, Captain. You owe me that much.

Anderson : I was in your shoes twenty years ago, Shepard. They were considering me for the Spectres.

Shepard : Why didn't you mention this?

ME1128.jpg

shepard2.jpg
: Wow, Captain Butthurt.

Anderson : I had my shot. It came and went. Now you have a chance to make up for my mistakes.

Shepard : I won't let you down, sir.

Anderson briefed Shepard on possible leads that might lead to Saren:
The colony in Feros reported geth activity before Alliance lost contact with them, an attack might have taken place. There were also geth sightings in Noveria. Finally, Matriarch Benezia, Saren's accomplice was revealed to have a daughter who is an expert on Prothean. Liara T'soni is currently conducting research in the Artemis Tau cluster, it might be worthwhile for Shepard to seek her aid.

Shepard : Sounds like we should head to the Artemis Tau cluster.

Anderson : It's your decision, Commander. You're a Spectre now. You don't answer to us.

Udina : But your actions still reflect on humanity as a whole. You make a mess and I get stuck cleaning it up.

Shepard : I'll try not to make thing any harder on you, Ambassador.

Udina : Glad to hear it, Commander. Remember: you were a human long before you were a Spectre.

Shepard saluted and walked over to inspect the Normandy's hull. Satisfied, she walked to the edge of the locking platform and gazed at the space just beyond it. Beautiful. This is what's at stake.

ME1129.jpg

shepard4.jpg
: Jeez.

Phelot

Arcane
The faces in this game look like the ones from Fallout 3. Also, aren't those blue people from Star Wars?

Through no fault of the LP Master, I have a growing desire to never play this game.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Is there a nonviolent way to get Wrex to back off if you DON'T have his armor (which is so disappointingly meh and random)?

Oh balls - you're probably gonna HAVE to find a way, since game wise, you're not playing a tank, and if Ashley goes (since we're apparently gonna see LOL KAIDAN SECKS) you're without a soldier-type character. OH NOES! What shall the Valiant Incarnation do??

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Annie Carlson said:
Is there a nonviolent way to get Wrex to back off if you DON'T have his armor (which is so disappointingly meh and random)?
Charm or intimidate skills if they're high enough.

Sckarecrow92

Educated
Isn't there a scene where, if you flirted with both of your romance options, they confront you and force you to choose between them?

I want to see what Kaidan says in that position.

RK47

Patron
Annie Carlson said:

Oh balls - you're probably gonna HAVE to find a way, since game wise, you're not playing a tank, and if Ashley goes (since we're apparently gonna see LOL KAIDAN SECKS) you're without a soldier-type character. OH NOES! What shall the Valiant Incarnation do??

Surprisingly, at higher difficulties soldiers don't make a lick of difference in encounters. Their AI is too stupid to be effective and they fall too easily when popping out of cover, receiving a rocket / sniper bullet to the face. Currently picked up Kaidan & Liara regular team, and their biotics made encounters so much easier with all the floating krogans and geths strewn across the floor while Shepard gleefully unload her pistol on them.

Don't worry about Wrex. :wink:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
But I liked Wrex. *sob*
Bioware never puts in romances with the right guys. What kind of woman wants that soppy pussy Gaydan guy? And let's not even talk about the Disciple. (Oops, that was Obsid.)

RK47

Patron
This fits the scene pretty well : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-SkiBAFSy8

ME1130.jpg

Joker : Just watch your back, Commander. Things go bad on this mission, you're next on their chopping block.

Shepard : Saren's out there somewhere. And we're going to find him.

Joker : Everyone on this ship is behind you, Commander. One hundred percent.

ME1131.jpg

female.jpg
: This is Commander Shepard speaking.

ME1132.jpg

female.jpg
: For too long our species has stood apart from the others.

ME1133.jpg

female.jpg
: Our enemy knows we're coming.

ME1134.jpg

female.jpg
: Humanity needs to do this.

ME1135.jpg

ME1136.jpg

female.jpg
: The captain gave up everything so I could have this chance. We can't fail.

ME1137.jpg

shepard2.jpg
: Hmph. Not as kick ass as mine, but it'll do.

And so the Normandy left Citadel for Artemis Tau to find the Asari Scientist, Liara T'soni. Shepard gets acquainted with the new addition to the crew, Tali, the quarian machinist.

female.jpg
: I want to know more about the geth.

Tali : I doubt I can tell you anything you don't already know. It's been almost three centuries since they drove my people into exile. The geth were originally created to serve as an automated labor force. Initially, their intelligence was as limited as any Virtual Intelligence. Over time, we made small mods to their programming to allow them to perform more varied and complex tasks. The changes were so insignificant, so gradual, that we were able to control them. Or so we thought.

ME1138.jpg

female.jpg
: So the geth share brain power ?

watcher.jpg
: Hmm, this sounds familiar.

ME1139.jpg

watcher.jpg
: Aha! just like cranium rats!

shepard.jpg
: What's that?

watcher.jpg
: A species of rats in another universe I observed before, they're harmless alone, but in larger numbers their combined brain power can conjure horrible magics.

shepard2.jpg
: Ugh. Rats. Terrible things, I blew them away whenever I can.

female.jpg
: So they're some kind of group conciousness?

Tali : No, nothing like that. They cannot share sensory data or information. Their programming cannot handle that much simultaneous input. But when they're in close proximity, they can coordinate low-level functional processes, freeing up more capacity for original or independent thought.

female.jpg
: That doesn't make any sense.

shepard2.jpg
: Damn right it ain't. They blew up easy in groups or alone. They don't live longer than six seconds when out of cover, group or no group.

watcher.jpg
: That is probably not what she meant.

Tali : I'm probably over-simplifying. The geth are incredibly advanced and complex creations. All you need to know is that they get smarter when they gather in large numbers.

shepard2.jpg
: Bullshit. Why do you lie?

Tali : As we built more geth, their effective intelligence became more sophisticated, more abstract. One day, a geth began to ask its quarian overseer questions about the nature of its existence. Am I alive? Why am I here? What is my purpose?

watcher.jpg
: Oh. How every unoriginal.

shepard2.jpg
: You've seen such species before?

watcher.jpg
: Yes, but they have feelings and independent thoughts. They hail from the planet Cybertron.

shepard2.jpg
: Interesting. Tell me more about it next time.

Tali : As you can see, this caused near-panic among my people.

female.jpg
: I don't see what's so bad about those questions.

Tali : The geth were created to engage in mundane, repetitive or dangerous manual labor. That's fine for machines, but it won't satisfy a sentient being for long. The geth were showing sign of rudimentary self-awareness and independent thought. If the geth were intelligent, then we were essentially using them as slaves. It was inevitable the newly-sentient geth would rebel against their situation. We knew they would rise up against us. So we acted first.

ME1140.jpg

watcher.jpg
: This is a highly illogical course of action.

shepard.jpg
: Hmph, they brought this upon themselves in my opinion. Playing god.

female.jpg
: You can't blame them for fighting for their survival.

Tali : We had no other choice! The geth were already on the verge of revolution. By acting quickly, we had a chance to end the war before it began. The hope was that most of the geth would still be little more than machinees, incapable of organized resistance. But they had progressed much further than anyone anticipated. The war was long and bloody. Millions upon millions of quarians died at their hands. In the end, we were forced to flee our homeworld.

female.jpg
: It's hard to feel sorry for you. Your ancestors tried to wipe out another species.

ME1141.jpg

female.jpg
: They didn't kill Saren.

Tali : What does that tell you? The geth are not innocent victims in all this.

ME1142.jpg

shepard2.jpg
: Hah. Butthurt detected. God, I love saying that!

female.jpg
:(But why would Saren want to destroy ALL organics? Something doesn't add up.)

Shepard pondered Tali's statement as she left the quarian machinist alone. Was it justified? Is the geth truly a malevolent being? Or simply a species merely trying to survive in an universe which rejects their very existence? She pushed her thoughts away to focus on the next mission: finding Dr. Liara T'soni.

Note: Bioware's universe design motto seems to revolve around the motto 'Dare to be stupid'. Let's hope they answer some questions in the sequel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom