Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's watch Shepard's ass save the galaxy!

When love blossoms, whom would you choose?

• Kaidan Alenko

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liara T'soni

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
RK47 said:

Why, yes, yes it does. Awesome+++

also,

ME1135.jpg

Megatron must be stopped... no matter the cost :tearofOptimus:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Planet Therum
Knossos System, Artemis Tau Cluster
--------------------------------------------------
15 minutes after touch down.

ME1143.jpg

shepard.jpg
: What the fuck is wrong with her crew? They're dropping like insects. I never had so much trouble keeping them alive.

Shepard gasped for breath after neutralizing a nearby geth shock trooper. The ground mission on Therum went smoothly while they were on the APC, but it turned to hell once they disembarked. Ambushed by combined arms from the top of a hill, Ashley and Kaidan fell to rockets and sniper fire. They bought her some time to take out the majority of geth forces but a sniper is still active up there.

ME1144.jpg

She holstered her pistol and armed her sniper rifle.

ME1145.jpg

A press of the trigger and it's over. Enemy neutralized, she walked up to her crew and helped them up. They make their way upwards after applying medi-gel to heal the major wounds while letting the medical implants on their armor closing their minor wounds. The mission's only started.

ME1146.jpg

The team entered a Prothean dig site littered with geth drones. After dispatching a few and making her way deeper, Shepard came face to face with Dr. T'soni.

ME1147.jpg

Shepard : Are you okay? What happened to you?

ME1148.jpg

shepard4.jpg
: Sigh, here we go again...

ME1149.jpg

After a little exploration, Shepard managed to trigger a mining laser to open up a path beneath the caves which leads to an elevator that takes them to Liara's prison.

ME1150.jpg

Shepard : We have to get your out of here before more geth arrive.

Ashley : Hold on, Commander. Her mother's working with Saren. Can we trust her?

Shepard : If she was with Saren, the geth wouldn't be trying to kill her.

Shepard deactivated the stasis that kept Liara suspended in the air and make their way up, out of the ruins with the elevator. A huge rumble suddenly echoed in the ruins.

Ashley : What the hell was that?

Liara : These ruins aren't stable. That mining laser must have triggered a Seismic event. We have to hurry, the whole place is caving in.

ME1151.jpg

A group of geth led by a krogan battlemaster blocks their escape route.

ME1152.jpg

Shepard : In case you didn't notice, this place is falling apart.

ME1153.jpg

shepard2.jpg
: Looks like you can't avoid combat in here. I always figured blasting him away is quicker.

Krogan : Thanks for getting rid of those energy fields for us. Hand over the doctor now.

ME1154.jpg

Shepard : She'll stay with us, thanks.

Krogan : Not an option. Saren wants her. And he always gets what he wants. Kill them. Spare the asari if you can. If not, doesn't matter.

Employing Kaidan's biotics to distract the Krogan, Shepard took the initiative by dispatching the geth troopers quickly with her pistols, satisfied that the minor grunts are neutralized, she concentrated in keeping the Krogan Battlemaster at a distance. As long he doesn't get close, she and her crew is in no danger.

ME1155.jpg

Now all that's left is to escape the collapsing ruins.

ME1156.jpg

Quite a formidable opponent. Shepard thought as she made her way out of the mine. Would love to have one of them in my crew. The fight can only get harder from now onwards. Her thoughts return to Wrex who said he'd be waiting for her at Chora's Den. Can she trust him?

ME1157.jpg

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
If you die to the Krogan you have to go up the elevator again and watch the cutscene which is such bullshit.

RK47

Patron
Normandy Debriefing Room, minutes after evac.

ME1158.jpg

Joker : The Normandy isn't equipped to land in exploding volcanoes. They tend to fry our sensors and melt our hull. Just for future reference.

The crew wasted no time in questioning Liara for information on the Prothean. More importantly, why Saren is interested in her.

ME1159.jpg

Liara : Only that it was somehow connected to the Prothean extinction. This is my real area of expertise. I have spent the past fifty years trying to figure out what happened to them.

Shepard : How old are you exactly?

ME1160.jpg

shepard.jpg
: WHAT?

Ashley : Damn! I hope I look that good when I'm your age.

Liara : A century may seem a long time to short-lived species like yours. But among the asari, I am barely considered more than a child.

shepard2.jpg
: *calms down* So I'm a pedo. So what?

After a lengthy discussion and revelation of the true cause behind Prothean's extinction, Liara confessed that she does not have any information that could help Shepard find the Conduit or Saren. Nevertheless, Shepard thinks it's better to bring Liara along for her safety.

ME1161.jpg

ME1162.jpg

Shepard : Patch them through, Joker.

ME1163.jpg

Turian Councilor : I assume you're taking the necessary precautions?

Shepard : Liara's on our side. The geth were trying to kill her.

Asari Councilor : Benezia would never allow Saren to kill her daughter.

Salarian Councilor : Maybe she doesn't know.

Turian Councilor : Or maybe we don't know her. We never expected her to become a traitor.

Salarian Councilor : At least the mission was a success.

shepard2.jpg
: Hmm, they seem kinda friendlier. Maybe this Shepard really has charms?

Turian : Apart from the utter destruction of a major Prothean ruin. Was that really necessary, Shepard?

shepard3.jpg
: Bah, I forgot. This turian troll won't stop, he's still butthurt over our First Contact War, and the fact a member of his own race is a traitor.

Shepard : The geth were crawling all over those ruins. We were lucky to make it out alive.

Salarian Councilor : Of course, Commander. The mission must always take priority.

Asari Councilor : Good luck, Commander. Remember : We're all counting on you.

Satisfied with the report, Shepard walks out of the debriefing room and head down to the crew quarters for a chat. It always helps her to get feedback from her crew after every mission, what went wrong and what went right. Self evaluation and acknowledging errors. Things like that. She spotted Kaidan wiping his forehead, for a moment their eyes meet. He looks worried.

ME1164.jpg

rukia2.jpg
: I always make time for my officers.

kaidan.jpg
: Off the record, I think there's something wrong here.

shepard.jpg
: Yeah, something is really WRONG here.

watcher.jpg
: I didn't do it.

kaidan.jpg
: This Saren is looking for records on some kind of galactic extinction. But we can't get backup from the Council? Sorry, Commander. There's writing on the wall here, but someone isn't reading it.

rukia2.jpg
:The Council doesn't want to believe anything's wrong. I'd call it human nature, but...

shepard3.jpg
: Fuck. Stop the decline!

kaidan.jpg
: I hear ya. I--It just seems like a group that's been around as long as the Council should see this coming. It's funny. We finally get out here, and the final frontier was already settled.

ME1165.jpg

rukia3.jpg
: Well, well, you're a romantic. Did you sign up for "the dream", Alenko? Secure man's future in space?

kaidan.jpg
: Yeah, I read a lot of those books when I was a kid. Where the hero goes to space to prove himself worthy of a woman he loves. Or you know. For justice.

shepard5.jpg
: What the fuck is going on? Make it stop!

watcher2.jpg
: I really. Don't. Know.

kaidan.jpg
: Maybe I was a romantic in the beginning. But I thought about it after Brain-Camp-- ah, sorry, "Biotic Acclimation and Temperance training." I'm not looking for "the dream". I just want to do some good. See what's out there. Sorry if I got too informal.

rukia3.jpg
: Tell me about it.

kaidan.jpg
: "BAat" didn't last past the airlock. To the kids they hauled in, it was "Brain Camp". We were "encouraged to commit to an evaluation of our abilities, so an understanding of biotics could be complied." There are worse results of "accidental" exposure to element zero in the womb. Beats the brain tumors some kids grew up with.

rukia3.jpg
: Is there some question about how you were exposed to element zero?

kaidan.jpg
: My mother was downwind of a transport crash. It was before there were human biotics. A little after the discovery of the Martian ruins. It only gets iffy around 2063 when Conatix was running out of first-gen subjects. Until then, they'd relied on accidentals. Bunch of guys in suits show up at your door after school. Next thing you know, you're out on Jump Zero.

rukia3.jpg
: Jump Zero is Gagarin Station, right? What's it like?

kaidan.jpg
: Yeah, that's the official name. Biggest and farthest facility we had for decades. Right on termination shock, the outer edge of the solar system.

rukia3.jpg
: There were other kids in the same boat, right? At least you weren't alone out there.

kaidan.jpg
: That's true. We did have a little circle that'd get together every night before lights-out. We didn't have much to do, though. It was a research platform then, and Conatix kept Jump Zero off the extranet. To prevent leaks.

rukia3.jpg
: Then you must've had plenty of time to get to know each other.

kaidan.jpg
: Yeah. We'd sit around and bull every night after dinner. Play cards or network games. There was this girl named Rahna who had a little circle grow up around her. She was from Turkey. Her family was very rich. But she was smart, and charming as hell. Beautiful, but not stuck up about it.

ME1166.jpg

rukia3.jpg
: Sounds like she was special to you.

kaidan.jpg
: She was. Maybe she felt the same, but... Things never fell together. Training. You know. Anyway. This was supposed to be a casual debrief, not a bull session about stuff that happened years ago.

rukia3.jpg
: I wanted to know you a little better, that's all. Thanks for the talk, Kaidan.

kaidan.jpg
: Well, you're welcome. Ma'am. You make a habit of getting this personal with everyone?

rukia4.jpg
: No. No, I don't. We'll talk again later.

kaidan.jpg
: I'll, uh--I'll need some time to process that, Commander. But yeah, I'd like that.

shepard5.jpg
: Listen, you have 5 minutes to stop this motherfucking bullshit.

watcher2.jpg
: Okay, Okay.

lightbane

Arcane
However, in one of the boring sidequests, one of the most important you confront Cerberus 13, a "generic evil" corporation that experiments with bio-weapons. That mission is more interesting if you had taken the sole survivor background, 'cause there is the "generic crazy soldier" that recognizes you, however that soldiers is always present in any background. Also, they use insect monsters that are suspiciously similar to the Rachni, so biowhore either recycled the models, or your choice with the rachni queen isn't relevant (it's implied they may have another living queen), or probably both at the same time.

RK47

Patron
shepard3.jpg
: What happened back there man?

watcher.jpg
: I...I am unsure.

shepard.jpg
: It better not happen again. I thought I was about to get diabetes, that shit ain't funny, man. Where were we?

watcher.jpg
: It appears Shepard is visiting Dr. T'Soni in the sick bay.

ME1167.jpg

rukia2.jpg
: Don't worry, Liara. I trust you. I know you won't let me down.

shepard6.jpg
: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO------

watcher3.jpg
: Oh, shit.

liara2.jpg
: It means a lot to hear you say that, Commander. Thank you.

rukia2.jpg
: Tell me about yourself, Liara.

liara.jpg
: Me? I am afraid I am not very interesting, Commander. I spend most of my time on remote digs, unearthing mundane items buried in long-forgotten Prothean ruins.

shepard6.jpg
: *Force Choke*

watcher3.jpg
: Koff KOFF!

rukia3.jpg
: Sounds dangerous. And lonely.

liara.jpg
: Until the geth followed me to Artemis Tau, I never found myself in any sitution my biotics could not handle.

rukia3.jpg
: You don't like other people?

liara.jpg
: I suppose it comes from being Matriarch's daughter. People expected me to follow in Benezia's footsteps. They wanted me to become a leader of our people. Matriarchs guide their followers into the future. Maybe that' why I became so interested in the secrets of the past. It sounds like I became an archeologist simply to spite Benezia.

rukia3.jpg
: All children rebel against their parents. It's a natural part of growing up.

liara2.jpg
: Ha-ha. You share the wisdom of the Matriarch, Shepard. That is exactly what Benezia said when I told her of my decision. But there was more to it than that. I felt drawn to the past. The Protheans were these wondrous, mysterious figures. I wanted to know everything about them. That is why I find you so fascinating. You were marked by the beacon on Eden Prime; you were touched by working Prothean technology!

rukia3.jpg
: Sounds like you want to dissect me in a lab somewhere.

liara3.jpg
: What? No! I did not mean to insinuate -- Ah, I never meant to offend you, Shepard. I only meant that you would be an interesting specimen for in-depth study. No-- that's even worse!

rukia3.jpg
: Calm down, Liara. I was only joking.

liara3.jpg
: Joking? Oh, by the goddess! How could I be so dense? You must think I am a complete and utter fool. Please...just pretend this conversation never happened.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
lightbane said:
Also, they use insect monsters that are suspiciously similar to the Rachni, so biowhore either recycled the models, or your choice with the rachni queen isn't relevant (it's implied they may have another living queen), or probably both at the same time.
They got those rachni from the lab on Niveria. You can find reports scattered around in various places explaining it. Same goes for how they got hold of the Thorian Keeper zombies. That whole quest arc was basically setting you up for ME2 since Cerbeus are the main bad guys in that one, I believe.

lightbane

Arcane
Fat Dragon said:
lightbane said:
Also, they use insect monsters that are suspiciously similar to the Rachni, so biowhore either recycled the models, or your choice with the rachni queen isn't relevant (it's implied they may have another living queen), or probably both at the same time.
They got those rachni from the lab on Niveria. You can find reports scattered around in various places explaining it. Same goes for how they got hold of the Thorian Keeper zombies. That whole quest arc was basically setting you up for ME2 since Cerbeus are the main bad guys in that one, I believe.

Still, there is nothing better to destroy any sense of accomplishment that ignore what he does with the Thorian and the Rachni, 'cause in a way or another they still exist no matter what you do; in other words: that's a kick to the player's balls (along all the others that he suffers as he "plays" this shit, specially if he paid for the game)

RK47

Patron
watcher.jpg
: That was disorienting. I think I know what's causing it.

shepard.jpg
: Start talking. I almost had an asthma attack in that suit. Phew.

watcher.jpg
: Seems like a reality distortion effect caused by EXTREME amount of love energy discharge.

shepard.jpg
: That's cute. Is there a fix for it?

watcher.jpg
: None that I know of, Extreme One. I think this may indicate something big may happen between them in the near future.

shepard2.jpg
: Like what? A threesome?

watcher.jpg
: Uh, I don't know. It could be something truly joyful or a great tragedy of equal magnitude. I can't be specific. The wheels of fate is still turning. While some events have already been pre-determined, there's always a specific point where it diverges.

shepard3.jpg
: Virmire.

watcher.jpg
: Keep calm, Extreme One.

Shepard is still chatting up her crew members. It seems she's genuinely interested in hearing what they say.

rukia.jpg
: Garrus, why did you want to be a C-Sec Officer in the first place?

Garrus : Hmm, that's a good question. There were several reasons, I guess.

rukia.jpg
: Like what?

ME1169.jpg

shepard2.jpg
: Wow, what the fuck? It's like these boys are Kaidan's exact template. Fight injustice. Deep.

watcher.jpg
: Uh, you may be surprised that Kaidan is also a copy based another template.

shepard2.jpg
: Funny, I don't doubt you one bit. Me? I just want to kick ass.

Garrus : My father's a C-Sec man to the bone. "Do things right, or don't do them at all," he says. He thinks I'm being too rash. Too impatient. He's worried I'll become just like Saren. He actually talked me out of becoming a Spectre when I was younger. For the same reasons. He despises Spectres. He hates the idea of someone having unlimited power with no accountability. He wouldn't like you, Commander. No offense.

rukia.jpg
: I suppose I can understand his concern.

Garrus : You can? But Saren's not going to play by our rules. C-Sec's rules. If you want to nail Saren, you need to send someone who isn't restricted by policies and procedures.

rukia.jpg
: Just because you can break the rules, doesn't mean you should. I don't need to stoop to Saren's level to stop him. And neither do you, Garrus.

shepard2.jpg
: What a paragon of truth and virtue. Gal's shining on screen. I wonder if she can keep that tone of speech after Virmire. I'd hate to see her fall, but...sometimes you gotta be realistic, some doors won't open just because you knocked.

watcher.jpg
: Did you even knock in the first place?

shepard2.jpg
: It's the galaxy at stake, man. Sometimes you gotta break a few eggs to make omelets, you know?

Shepard moved on to another crew member, Ashley Williams who shared the same deck as Garrus.

rukia.jpg
: Do you have a few minutes to talk, one-on-one?

Ashley : Sure. I was hoping to get a minute of your time. Off the record.

rukia.jpg
: I keep an open door policy. If you have any concerns, lay them on me.

Ashley : All right. With all due respect, Commander, should Garrus have full access to the ship?

rukia.jpg
: He may not serve the Alliance, Chief, but he's an ally. At least as far as Saren goes.

Ashley : I don't think we should give him free reign to poke around the vital systems.

Shepard : You don't trust the Alliance's allies?

Ashley : We - humanity, I mean -- have to learn to rely on ourselves.

rukia.jpg
: Standing up for ourselves doesn't mean standing alone.

Ashley : I don't think we should turn down allies. I just think we shouldn't bet everything on them staying allies. As noble as the Council members seem now, if their backs are against the wall, they'll abandon us.

shepard2.jpg
: Heh, even Udina abandoned me to gain political power. Assholes.

rukia.jpg
: You've a pessimistic view of the universe, Williams.

Ashley : A pessimist is what an optimist calls a realist. It's not racism. Not really. Members of their species will always be more important to them than humans are.

watcher.jpg
: I suppose Ashley has a point. It's like overcoming the race, nationality barrier. Humanity at this point is united as one. But look back a few centuries ago when discrimination based on skin colors are rampant. To think when you've reached another frontier, you're forced to start all over again.

shepard2.jpg
: You picked the wrong example, Foo! *swings punch*

rukia.jpg
: All right. I can see where your concerns are from, Williams. But this is a multilateral mission. You're going to have to work with aliens, like it or not. What's your opinion on the last mission?

Ashley : Not sure I buy Dr. T'Soni's story. About her and her mom not talking. They're family, right?

rukia.jpg
: I think she's being straight with us. Or, at least,I don't think she lies very often.

Ashley : Yeah, she's probably bad at it.

ME1168.jpg

shepard2.jpg
: Say YES, dammit!

rukia2.jpg
: I don't think she's used to teasing, good-natured or otherwise.

Ashley : No fun, Commander.

RK47

Patron
lightbane said:
Fat Dragon said:
lightbane said:

Still, there is nothing better to destroy any sense of accomplishment that ignore what he does with the Thorian and the Rachni, 'cause in a way or another they still exist no matter what you do; in other words: that's a kick to the player's balls (along all the others that he suffers as he "plays" this shit, specially if he paid for the game)

Without the queen they cannot procreate. But it could just be bullshit lore. ;) We'll never know till the sequel comes.

RK47

Patron
ME1170.jpg

rukia.jpg
: If I present you with a medal, you'll end up sitting on stage listening to politicians make speeches for a couple hours.

Joker : That's a good point. They'd probably make me shave, too. I spent the last seven weeks working on this baby. No medal's worth that. So Commander, why don't you tell me why you're really here?

rukia.jpg
: I like to know my crew. Mind if I ask you a few questions?

Joker : I can see this where this is going. You did a background check on me, didn't you? Well, I'll tell you the same thing I told the captain. You want me as your pilot. I'm not good. I'm not even great. I'm the best damn helmsman in the Alliance fleet. All of those recommendations in my file? I earned every single one. It wasn't given to me as charity for my disease.

rukia2.jpg
: I'm sorry, Joker. I didn't even know you were sick.

Joker : You mean-- you didn't even know? Ah, crap. Okay. I've got Vrolik's Syndrome. Brittle bone disease. The bones in my legs never developed properly. They're basically hollow. Too much force and they'll shatter.

shepard.jpg
: Fuck. I didn't know that.

watcher.jpg
: How could you not talk to your helmsman?

shepard.jpg
: He's fucking annoying, that's why.

Joker : Even with crutches and my leg braces it's hard to get around. One wrong step and CRACK! It's very dramatic! But I've learned to manage my condition, Commander.

rukia2.jpg
: You're not gonna break a bone trying to fly the ship, are you?

Joker : Uh, I don't fly with my fleet, Commander. So I'm fine as long as I'm in this chair. I gotta be real careful when I get up and take a piss, though. I can do my job as well as anyone else on the ship. Better, actually. So don't worry about it.

Satisfied with speaking with all her crew members, Shepard plotted a course back to Citadel to resupply before embarking on another mission. Upon arrival on Citadel station, an Alliance officer is awaiting for her at the docking bay.

ME1171.jpg

ME1172.jpg

Mikhail : Spare me the pleasantries. I command the 63rd Scout Flotilla. You and the Normandy were slated for my unit after shakedown.Then the Council got their hands on our ship. And you.

rukia.jpg
: I still serve the Alliance, sir. As a Spectre, I can advance our interests to the Council.

Mikhail : Hmph. You still know what color your blood is, Shepard? I don't begrudge the politicians' decision to throw you to the Council. It's an opportunity. I do begrudge this overdesigned piece of tin, though.

rukia.jpg
: The Normandy is a fine ship, sir. She's served us well so far.

Mikhail : I'm here to make an inspection, Commander. Normandy is an Alliance warship, I intend to see she's up to snuff.

rukia.jpg
: We'd be honored to show her to you, Admiral.

shepard.jpg
: Gee, this is a waste of time. I hate talking. When can I get to the punching?

Rear Admiral Mikhailovich returns from the inspection and seemed unhappy.

Mikhail : Commander. I'm not happy.

rukia.jpg
: I'm sorry to hear that, sir.

ME1173.jpg

rukia.jpg
: Modified turian style. They prefer commanders looking over their subordinates, rather than in the middle of them. We wanted to see how effectively they can command with that setup.

Mikhail : Hm. Reasonable goal. But they should've studied that in a lab rather than on a front-line warship.

ME1174.jpg

rukia.jpg
: We can loiter in an enemy system and monitor traffic, or drop infiltration teams on enemy worlds.

Mikhail : Maybe. But that's not the job of a proper warship. We're supposed to find and kill the enemy fleet, not count how many times their garrison goes to the bathroom. And we need to talk about your crew, Commander.

ME1175.jpg

rukia.jpg
: Between Saren and geth, we have enough enemies out here. Treating other species with suspicion and distrust won't win hearts and minds.

Shepard mind paused a bit at her own words. Is she being hypocritical? What about Wrex? Should she give him a chance then?

shepard2.jpg
: Wow. She's an awesome politician. She should've been up there, taking Udina's job. I'm sure this Admiral can't find a bad thing to say about the Normandy.

watcher.jpg
: Yeah, unlike someone we know.

Mikhail : That assumes the hearts and minds are worth winning. That hasn't been proven yet.

ME1176.jpg

rukia.jpg
: I think the Normandy is a good ship, sir. Even if you disagree, you have to see that her joint construction and multiracial crew make the Alliance look better.

Mikhail : Your job is to look good, Commander. The Alliance Navy's is to win wars. I'm not convinced that the Normandy isn't a waste of taxpayer's money. But I am convinced that believe otherwise. And that you'll use it to its best ability. I'll be submitting a report to the Joint Military Council. It will no be as negative as I had planned. Good hunting, Commander Shepard. Make us proud.

Shepard took a deep breath after the Admiral left. That was exhausting, and she was even thinking of taking it easy while in Citadel. After a moment's rest, she stepped into the elevator taking her up to the C-Sec ward. Maybe she should give Wrex a chance. Before she could finish that train of thought, the elevator opened its door and she was greeted with a smiling reporter. It's proving to be a very long day in Citadel Station.

shepard2.jpg
: Yeah, that bitch had bad timing. I just finished telling off an Alliance officer, and she wants to poke around and make me look bad.

watcher.jpg
: And she succeeded. She successfully provoked you.

shepard2.jpg
: Hey, no harm done right? My career's fine. Saved the galaxy and all.

ME1177.jpg

rukia2.jpg
: What do you want to know?

ME1178.jpg

rukia2.jpg
: The Spectre represent the best of every species in the galaxy. To be asked to join them is an honor.

ME1179.jpg

rukia2.jpg
: The Council is concerned with the needs of the whole galactic community. We're part of that community now. Our needs are on their agenda, but we're one of the many.

Khalisah : You really do believe that, don't you?

shepard.jpg
: This is where she's starting to get on my nerves.

ME1180.jpg

rukia2.jpg
: Actually, the Normandy was co-developed by human and turian engineers. Its design incorporates many innovations. All of which are classified, I'm afraid.

Khalisah : So the turians have knowledge of the Normandy that is being kept secret from the Alliance public?

shepard.jpg
: C'mon. Punch her already.

ME1181.jpg

rukia2.jpg
: I wasn't aware it had been "handed over" to anyone. I'm in command, and last I checked, I'm human.

Khalisah : Human, yes. But you do work for the Citadel now, Commander. One last question, Commander.

ME1182.jpg

rukia.jpg
: Saren instigated the attack on our colony at Eden Prime. Once his involvement was proven to the Council, I was assigned to bring him in.

shepard2.jpg
: Slam dunk! Holy crap, she's good. There's no way that reporter' gonna put a negative spin to this on Shepard now!

Khalisah : That's... surprising, Commander. The official line says Eden Prime was attacked by rogue synthetics. Good luck in your mission. Thank you for your time, Commander Shepard.

shepard2.jpg
: Ha! She trolled the Council for covering up Saren too! Take that!

watcher.jpg
: I don't think that was her intention.

Once the reporter has left, Shepard wiped her forehead. She was close to losing it, damn those media types. What do they know about the truth. Part of her regretted blurting out Saren's involvement to the reporter. It made the Council look bad. Humans will not take kindly to this sort of cover-up. The damage has been done, she will have to face the music when the time comes. She resumed her purchasing trip through the market wards and was walking through the Presidium district when she came across a couple arguing very loudly.

shepard2.jpg
: My god, woman. You're here to buy a gun and put that bullet in Saren's head. Stay focused!

ME1183.jpg

Michael : I know you're hurting, Rebekah, but don't let your grief hurt your baby, too!

rukia2.jpg
: Can I help you with anything?

Michael : Perhaps you can talk some sense into her.

Rebekah : I don't need anyone to talk sense into me, Michael. I'm not undergoing the treatments.

Michael : My sister in law here is pregnant, and she refused to let the baby undergo gene therapy in utero.

rukia2.jpg
: I'm certain that she has a good reason. I'd like to hear both sides.

Rebekah : My husband, Jacob, died from a rare heart condition several months ago.

Michae: There's a chance that the baby could develop the same heart condition, but routine gene therapy can eliminate it.

Rebekah : A very small chance, Michael. And extranet reports say the therapy could harm the child!

ME1184.jpg

shepard.jpg
: OH GOD. GENE THERAPY OR AVOID RISKING COMPLICATIONS? WHICH ONE IS BETTER AND WHY? DISCUSS!

rukia2.jpg
: It's Rebekah's child, Michael. I think you should honor her decision.

Michael : Damn it, she's not choosing! She's acting blindly out of grief!

rukia.jpg
: What are the chances that your child will develop the heart condition?

Rebekah : According to the doctors, there's one in fifty chance. And if my baby develops the condition, medical treatments are available.

Michael : Which are nowhere near as effective as simply getting the gene therapy!

rukia.jpg
: What are the chances that gene therapy could hurt the baby?

Michael : One in three hundred at most.

Rebekah : But extranet reports say there could still be long-term consequences we don't know about! Don't you understand? If my baby is that one in three hundred, I'll always wonder if I..if I killed my baby FOR NOTHING!

shepard.jpg
: The galaxy is waiting, pregnancy councilor. What the fuck are you doing?!

rukia.jpg
: I know you want the best for your brother's child, but this isn't your decision.

ME1185.jpg

shepard.jpg
: I suggest a fucking DNA sample to at least verify that fucking claim. This is getting retarded. I would've just flipped a coin and be done with this shit in 30 seconds.

rukia.jpg
: Then support the baby's mother. Stand with her when she makes the tough decisions.

Michael : The baby is the only thing my brother...It's all I have left of him. I need to know that the baby's safe.

Rebekah : It's all I have left too, Michael.

shepard4.jpg
: Sigh.

Michael : I just want Jacob's child to be safe. I want to give him that much.

Rebekah : We will. I promise. Thank you for talking with us. I appreciate it.

It's been a long day in Citadel Station.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Commander Shepard: pregnancy counsellor!

You update way too fast, by the way, RK47, I hope you know that :P

RK47

Patron
watcher.jpg
: Looks like there's one more family matter to settle.

ME1186.jpg

rukia2.jpg
: I'm sorry. Do we know each other?

Zabaleta : I guess you don't remember me. Lt. Zabaleta? I worked with your mother. We served on the carrier Einstein. That was 12,13 years back. You were just a kid then.

shepard.jpg
: Fuck, just shoot him and be done with it. I fucking did on my ex-gang.

rukia.jpg
: You don't look like a soldier.

ME1187.jpg

shepard.jpg
: Look at that fucker's face. HAHAH. He must be getting high just staring at Shepard's cameltoe or something.

rukia.jpg
: I didn't see her much that tour. The ship was on patrol most of the time.

Zabaleta : Hey, call up your mom and ask. She'd remember old Zabaleta. She'd vouch for me. Listen. I need a favor. I'm kinda short on money these days. I hate hitting you up for money, but a man's gotta eat, right?

shepard.jpg
: Just a fucking bum. Probably asking for crack money.

ME1188.jpg

shepard.jpg
: Hah, told you.

rukia.jpg
: Twenty isn't enough to get you back on your feet, is it?

Zabaleta : Nah, nah. I'll just get a--a meal. You know.

rukia2.jpg
: Yeah, it's not a problem.

Zabaleta : Hey, you're a good kid, you know that? Thanks. You ever want to come by and talk, I'll be here. Heh. Can't afford a ticket home, right?

rukia.jpg
: (Maybe I should call mom)

ME1189.jpg

Hannah Shepard : Shepard sp-- Oh hi, I don't have time for personal call right now. I'm on duty.

shepard2.jpg
: Damn, that's cold.

watcher.jpg
: Do you remember your parents, Extreme One?

shepard2.jpg
: Not at all. I grew up on the streets. Running with street gangs, after a few bouts of violence and years of going nowhere, I decided to sign up with the Navy.

rukia.jpg
: I know what's it like. Do you remember a Lt. Zabaleta from the Einstein?

Hannah : Ernesto ? Have you heard from him? He was one of the marines who guarded the CIC. We shared a watch. I lost track of him after-- there was an incident.

rukia.jpg
: What kind of incident?

Hannah : You remember the batarian raid on Mindoir, in 2170? You were in high school. The Einstein's task group responded to the mayday. The batarians were still pulling out when the marines hit groundside. Zabaleta was one of the first down. He was never quite the same after.

rukia.jpg
: I don't understand. What happened down there?

shepard2.jpg
: I've heard of this before.

Hannah : About every abomination that a sentient being can do to another. To a slaver, a person is just another animal. And humans aren't always liked out here. We heard about coralling. Culling. They'd shot those they couldn't use. Implant control devices in the skulls of those they could. Without anesthetic.

shepard3.jpg
: And that's why they don't deserve to live. Every last one of them in Torfan. It may not bring back the victims to live. But at least they won't come back and do it to another living being.

rukia.jpg
: He has post-traumatic stress because of what he saw?

Hannah : He tried to keep working, but it rode him. He showed up drunk on duty more and more. We couldn't always cover for him. The Alliance discharged him. Everyone knew he drank because of what he'd seen down there. Even if he never talked about it. Especially because he never talked about it.

shepard3.jpg
: I don't even think this Shepard understood what happened down there. We were dealing with animals. Who just viewed people as livestock. If she was at Torfan, she wouldn't have these colorful lenses on all the time. War is ugly. But violence is the only language these beasts understand. That, or money. Violence is cheaper.

rukia.jpg
: For it to have affected him that deeply, he must have been a very sensitive man.

Hannah : He was. Always in laughter and tears.

shepard3.jpg
: There were a couple of ways I know to handle it :you either pick up a rifle or a bottle. Zabaleta picked the wrong option.

Hannah : If you see him, tell him we still worry about him. Tell him to go to the Veteran's Affairs Office. I have to go. But take care of yourself. You're making us proud. Kilimanjaro out.

ME1190.jpg

rukia.jpg
: She told me about what happened in Mindoir.

Zabaleta : Did she? I wonder. People tied like prize hogs. Locked in cages, clawing and screaming as they're loaded into cargo pods. And we couldn't reach them. The batarian defenses had us pinned. Dozens died trying to advance. All we could do was watch as they hauled people away.

ME1191.jpg

rukia.jpg
: I'm not going to give you money to drink yourself to death. You need to stop this.

ME1192.jpg

shepard2.jpg
: Damn, I wish I was born a spacer.

watcher.jpg
: Why? So you can help this man?

shepard2.jpg
: Nope. To kick his ass. Look at him, man, he's getting high just from staring at her cameltoe again!

rukia.jpg
: My mother said to go to Veteran's Affairs Office. You're not the only one who's seen that brand of hell. They can help.

Zabaleta : The VAO? God. If she wants me to go talk to someone, fine. I'll do it. For her. She always stuck up for me. She always was naive. All the VAO does is pump you full of chemicals.

shepard2.jpg
: At least it's FREE, you bum.

Zabaleta : If she wants to talk, tell her she can reach me through the Citadel VAO.

Shepard felt a little better after helping that man. But his story reminded her once more of the dangers of space. Batarians, just like that day of the Blitz. If she had not succeeded, Elysium would probably end up like Mindoir. She tried to push the thoughts of failure from her mind and focused on walking to Chora's Den.

shepard.jpg
: What's she doing? There's nothing to do there!

ME1193.jpg

shepard3.jpg
: Fuck.

RK47

Patron
Brother None said:
Commander Shepard: pregnancy counsellor!

You update way too fast, by the way, RK47, I hope you know that :P

Uh. What? I've gotta finish it soon. I'm starting work on Monday. Lawl. Kidding. I thought I was updating too slowly at first. Then right after lunch, it all clicked together. I played it much further than this point, but I have to tie up the story. The EXTREME LP was easy, I just have to tie up a few scenes together add some commentary and done. This one's a little harder. I had to 'write a fanfic' of sorts. So when I got a spark in my head I just went for it before it wears off. Sorry, if it seems overkill. The longer I left it un-updated, I get bad dreams when I go to sleep.

RK47

Patron
rukia2.jpg
: We'll take you with us, Wrex.

Wrex : Smart move, Shepard.

Later, on board the Normandy.

rukia2.jpg
: So what's your story, Wrex?

Wrex :Well there was this one time the turians almost wiped out our entire race. That was fun.

rukia.jpg
: I heard about that. You know, they almost did the same to us.

Wrex : So your people were infected with a genetic mutation? An infection that makes only a few in a thousand children survive birth? And I suppose it's destroying your entire species?

rukia.jpg
: I suppose it isn't all the same.

shepard.jpg
: Why is she risking this? Even after I've warned her. That naive fool!

watcher.jpg
: You've seen what she can do. Her charisma and conviction, I believe, should be sufficient to keep Wrex's loyalty.

shepard3.jpg
: We'll see.

Wrex : I don't expect you to understand, but don't compare humanity's fate with the krogan.

rukia.jpg
: (I see his point) Sorry, Wrex. I wasn't trying to get you upset.

Wrex : Your ignorance doesn't upset me, Shepard. As for the krogan, I gave up on them a long time ago. The genophage infected us, but it's not what's killing us.

rukia.jpg
: Why didn't the krogan try to find a cure?

Wrex : When was the last time you saw a krogan scientist? Ask a krogan: would he rather find a cure or fight for credits? He'll chose fighting every time.

ME1194.jpg

Shepard walked away from the krogan, studying him from the distance. Beneath that tough demeanor, lies a tired, cynical warrior, who felt helpless as his race continues their eventual self-destruction. Shepard promised herself to speak more with him when the time comes. Turning her gaze at the turian at one corner, she started a conversation with Garrus which lead to him mentioning of an organ theft case. The case remained unsolved, with the suspect, Dr. Saleon escaping capture in a shuttle loaded with hostages, his own patients.

ME1196.jpg

rukia.jpg
: It's not worth the risk. You pursue the vessel and disable it. That's the best choice.

Garrus : They sent the military after him, but he got away just the same. All they had to do was disable that ship. Maybe the hostages die, maybe they don't. But at least we stop the bastard responsible for it all.

rukia.jpg
: If you don't care about the fate of those hostages, then you're no better than he is. You're just a terrorist with a badge.

shepard2.jpg
: That qualifies me as a terrorist then. Who saved the galaxy. OK, maybe I cared for the hostages too, so maybe I'm not a terrorist.

Garrus : Yeah. Maybe you're right. It doesn't make it easier, but I see your point. I just wish I could have stopped him. That's all.

Realizing that this case seem to distract Garrus, Shepard decided to pursue it further.

rukia.jpg
: Do you have any idea what happened to Dr. Saleon?

Garrus : I sent out feelers from time to time, hoping to find something. I thought I'd found him a while back. I got the transponder frequency for his new ship, but I just can't get anyone to check it out.

rukia.jpg
: I'll check out the coordinates when I get a chance.

Garrus : I was hoping you'd say that. But, Commander, take me with you when you go. If it is Saleon, I want to be there when you found him.

The coordinates in hand, she stepped on the Galaxy Map to set for the next destination.

ME1195.jpg

Transmission : Commander. Ms. Al-Jilani's story on you just aired. She shouldn't have ambushed you like that. But you handled her pretty well.

rukia.jpg
: We had differences of opinion, sir. I hope she at least believed my sincerity.

Transmission : You handled yourself pretty well, Commander. She came across like a raving idiot. There is one other matter, however. The Citadel has been trying to play down Saren going rogue. It makes the Spectres look bad. Your mention of him was politically convenient.

rukia.jpg
: I wasn't aware of that. I won't discuss him again, sir.

shepard2.jpg
: Heh, Council still butthurt about being proven wrong. I guess they just don't like being viewed like incompetent fools.

It didn't take long for the Normandy to track down Dr. Saleon's ship in the Herschel system. Boarding the ship, Shepard's team had to fight their way against freak shows and mutated corpses. There doesn't seem to be any surviving hostage. Eventually they found the doctor in his office.

ME1197.jpg

Garrus : That's him, Commander. That's Dr. Saleon. There's no escape this time, Doctor. I'd harvest your organs first, but we don't have the time.

Saleon : You're crazy. He's crazy. Please, don't let him do this to me.

rukia.jpg
: We'll take him in. Drop him off with the military.

Garrus : But... we have him. We can't let him get away. Not again?

rukia.jpg
: If he dies, we'll never know what he's been up to, or how he did it. We'll take him in, interrogate him, and he'll serve his time.

Garrus : I've--Okay. You're right. You're a very lucky salarian. You owe the commander your life.

Saleon : Oh. Thank you so very much!

What follows was a blur. Saleon suddenly turned away from Shepard before they could take him into custody. He made a made dash towards his vials. Before Shepard could react, her away team gunned Saleon down.

ME1198.jpg

shepard.jpg
: Okay, this is fucking ridiculous. It's complete utter bullshit. What was the point of this shit? Exactly the same outcome!

rukia.jpg
: You can't predict how people will act, Garrus. But you can control how you'll respond. In the end, that's what really matters.

shepard4.jpg
: Woman, you NEED help. I'm not fucking convinced at all. This outcome proves nothing. You didn't draw your gun, it was a helpless scientist. Why was Saleon acting like an utter tard? And why couldn't her men aimed for non lethal shot?

watcher.jpg
: I...I am disappointed as well. Then again, it's Bioware.

Garrus : Yeah. I don't think I've ever met anyone like you, Commander. I guess we're done here.

Shepard returned to the Normandy and ponder her next step in the hunt for Saren when suddenly Joker informed her of an emergency transmission from the Asgard System in Exodus Cluster. The human colony of Terra Nova is facing a threat of a devastating asteroid drop onto its surface. Wasting no time, Shepard commanded the Normandy to set course for the asteroid.

ME1199.jpg

ME1200.jpg

ME1201.jpg

ME1202.jpg

ME1203.jpg

The APC landed near the first fusion torch. Shepard wasted no time in getting close to the complex. After dispatching the rocket turrets guarding it, she disembarked from the APC and moved in. Unsure of what they're facing, Shepard carefully opened the first door.

ME1204.jpg

shepard2.jpg
: Ah, unproductive members of the galactic community.

ME1205.jpg

Shepard's mind quickly recalled the mention of this species.

ME1206.jpg

rukia.jpg
: (Slavers, redirecting asteroid drop on a human planet? Something doesn't add up.)

Her thoughts were cut short by the growling of the varrens set loose at her direction. Kaidan reacted quickly and lifted the pack into the air with his biotics. Shepard charged her pistols and unloaded. Don't think, react. The battle has begun.

ME1207.jpg

The slavers proved no match to her team and she quickly shut down the torch from the terminal.

ME1208.jpg

Kate : Was that you? Can you hear me?

rukia.jpg
: I hear you. What's going on? Who are you?

Kate : My name's Kate Bowman. I'm an engineer. I was part of the team assigned to bring this asteroid to Terra Nova. We were attacked yesterday by batarian extremists. I've been hiding since they arrived. I think they know the torch went out.

rukia.jpg
: Why are they doing this?

Kate : I don't know. But if this asteroid isn't slowed, millions of people on Terra Nova are going to die. If I find out anything I'll -- I've got to go. Good luck.

Shepard made her way to the exit, there's still two torches to deactivate. She spotted a human near the exit and greeted him.

rukia.jpg
: Hey.

She startled him, and he let off a shot at her. It bounced off her shielding.

Simon : Oh, god! I didn't mean to. Are you hurt?

rukia.jpg
: Takes more than that to bring me down.

Simon : Sorry. I didn't even realize you were human until..well. Guess I'm not much of a soldier.

rukia.jpg
: I know you're scared. But I'm here to help, Commander Shepard, with the Alliance.

Simon : Simon Altwell. I'm the chief engineer of this rock.

ME1209.jpg

Simon : There are four million people down there, Shepard. My family...they live in Aronas. My kids and grandkids. Nice community, good schools...

rukia.jpg
: What happens if we don't stop this rock?

Simon : X57 is 22 km long. Twice the size of the asteroid that wiped out the Earth's dinosaurs. It would be like millions of fusion bombs striking at once. Millions. The heat o the blast...a thousand km away, clothes will ignite. There'll be global wildfires. Air shock will flatten everythign for hundred of kms. Terra Nova will die, Shepard. Not just the colony -- the planet.

rukia.jpg
: This doesn't make any sense. Batarians run criminal gang. Unethical but profitable. They don't destroy worlds. What does this gain them?

Simon : I've heard all the stories. Slave rings ranching people like animals. Pirates burning colonies to the ground. But this...I never thought batarians would go this far.

rukia.jpg
: Most batarians aren't genocidal madmen. But these are terrorists. So I need to shut down all three torches. Anything else I should know?

Simon warned Shepard of the second torch that is protected with a minefield. She would have to get there on foot and disable the field from within.

ME1210.jpg

Shepard led her team on foot through the gap in the rear yard of the second torch. Once inside, she successfully neutralized the minefield as well as the batarian soldiers within. The second torch is down.

ME1211.jpg

Kate : Their leader's setting charges everywhere. I think he's going to blow this entire facility.

Batarian voice : Get away from there.

Kate : Don't shoot. Please.

ME1212.jpg

ME1213.jpg

ME1214.jpg

Not wasting any time, Shepard makes her way to the third torch and disabled it.

ME1215.jpg

Charn : Don't come any closer.

ME1216.jpg

rukia.jpg
: I didn't think you batarians knew the meaning of the word.

Charn : Look, I'm just doing my job here. Hijacking this rock wasn't my idea. I signed on to make a little profit. A quick slave grab. Nothing more.

rukia.jpg
: This isn't just a slave grab anymore. Millions of people are going to die.

shepard.jpg
: Why does she even bother talking with these...FREAKS?

Charn : Don't you think I know that? I'm just following order here. If it were up to me, we'd have already left.

rukia.jpg
: Well, it's not too late. You can still leave.

Charn : I don't think so. Balak would skin me alive and sell my hide out of spite. Crazy bastard. This whole mission's gone to hell and I'm gonna pay for it.

rukia.jpg
: So why do you listen to him?

Charn : Good question. I had a bad feeling about this from the moment we landed. Now Balak wants you dead.

ME1217.jpg

rukia3.jpg
: Do you always want to be second in command? Get me out of here and I'll take care of Balak. Then you can start giving the orders.

shepard.jpg
: On the mean time, you're free to plunder elsewhere as long you don't come across me. Stupid woman.

Charn : An, uh, interesting proposal. Go, shut it down. This is Balak's problem now. I hope you're quick with a gun as you are with your promises. For both our sakes.

rukia.jpg
: Balak will get what is coming to him. And so will you if I ever catch you in human territory again. Are we clear?

Charn : Perfectly. Balak's holed up in the main facility. You'll need this to get in. Don't underestimate him. He's a mean bastard. Let's go, we're getting off this rock.

The key unlocks the main facility. Inside, Balak's men are firmly entrenched. Shepard's team faces a long and tough battle.

ME1218.jpg

ME1219.jpg

ME1220.jpg

Shepard located Kate and the rest of the engineer team but she is unable to unlock the cell door until all the batarian guards are neutralized.

ME1221.jpg

After a prolonged shoot-out, the last guard is finally dispatched, and finally Balak makes an appearance.

shepard.jpg
: Here comes decision time

ME1222.jpg

Balak : You're almost more trouble than you're worth.

rukia.jpg
: Let the hostage go and maybe you'll live long enough to explain yourself to the Council.

Balak : I don't answer to the Council or to you.

ME1223.jpg

rukia.jpg
: I can't just let you go, Balak. Not after what happened here.

Balak : This is nothing. You humans have done far worse to the batarians.

shepard.jpg
: This guy isn't even worth debating with. She'll understand soon enough.

Balak : We've been forced into exile. Forced to survive on what we can scrounge up. It's been like that for decades.

shepard.jpg
: I guess if I'm poor, it's ok for me to enslave other races.

rukia.jpg
: Why take out on these people? They didn't do anything to you or the batarians.

Balak : Didn't do anything? Aside from colonizing a world that could have been ours? Aside from using resources that should have been ours? We were left to defend ourselves. But the humans were stronger than us. We knew that. The Council knew that. But it didn't matter. It was you. You and your kind are the only reason we're in this position.

rukia.jpg
: How does killing innocent people make up for that?

Balak : We had no other options. Sometimes you need to get someone's attention before they'll listen. That's why we attacked you on Elysium! That's why I'm doing this. You forced our hand!

rukia3.jpg
: (I doubt I can reason with this man) You attacked us first. When we retaliated, you ran off to the Council hoping for help. When you didn't get it, you hid. You've no one to blame but yourselves.

shepard2.jpg
: Heh, kid knows her history. Heck, she is THE history. She held off the Batarian Blitz at Elysium all by herself! Balak just got pwned.

Balak : ENOUGH! You couldn't possibly understand...Actually, you just don't want to understand. And I'm done wasting my breath.

shepard2.jpg
: So what's it gonna be sis...Are you going to save the innocent, or punish the evil-doer? Let him go, and he'll be free to try this again. You might not be here anymore to stop him. I'm sure you know how this balances out in the end. Some sacrifices have to be made. I don't think I have to say it...but I've gotta say it. SAVE HOSTAGE or TAKE ON KINGPIN? Which one is better and why? Discuss!

ME1224.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
SAVE HOSTAGE or TAKE ON KINGPIN? Which one is better and why? Discuss!

This theme is so overused in various 'moral dilemma' scenarioes across gaming it's ridiculous btw

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom