Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Liberal Crime Squad

SkeleTony

Augur
I first corresponded with Tarn back in like 1998 or so at Tom Proudfoot's old forums. I honestly cannot say what his politics are(though I strongly suspect he is pretty Liberal based on things he said in the past. I could be way wrong though.). But even if LCS were a total dig at Liberals I would love this game! It is just too funny and no one should take themselves so seriously.

Pony King

Educated
Zomg said:
Gotta differentiate between Tarn's last version and the guy that took it over for him later, Tarn's was mostly a parody of red guard revolutionaries, stuff like the SLA and the Baader-Meinhof gang; the later guy was less focused and implemented various things the forum wanted so it lost the straightforward satire.
So 3.09 is the last version made by the old developer? Are the changes big enough that I should rather play the older version if I'm wary of forum sheeple and their ideas? It's rare to see something good come out of asking ordinary people what they want.

Zomg

Arbiter
Correct AFAIK

I haven't followed it in several years and the new guy may have added some good stuff based on like the 2007 economic collapse or something, so don't autopick the old one.

Marobug

Personally I think the new version is better, none of the new additions conflict with what was already there and they do add some variety to the game. The dude who's maintaining the new version also fixed quite a few bugs so I strongly suggest the new one.

Pony King

Educated
Thanks for the info to both of you. Guess I'll just have to try the newest version when I get time for this game and judge it by myself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom