Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP] Fear and Hunger

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I have lost so many runs due to these fuckers, they are hella annyoing.

The Ring that makes you immune to bleeding has the downside that you can not unequip it btw.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Cool, so you got shanked yet again!
I forgot to ask, but what exactly do you gain by levelling up? More HP and Attack?
Also, I would like to see you try a Knight. I guess it's the equivalent of a Paladin in this game? I think you should also try to recruit some of the other characters, things are starting to get hairy and you might need some backup...

Egosphere

Arcane
I have lost so many runs due to these fuckers, they are hella annyoing.

The Ring that makes you immune to bleeding has the downside that you can not unequip it btw.

That's it? That's not so bad then. I figured it would perhaps start giving status effects after a while.

Cool, so you got shanked yet again!
I forgot to ask, but what exactly do you gain by levelling up? More HP and Attack?
Also, I would like to see you try a Knight. I guess it's the equivalent of a Paladin in this game? I think you should also try to recruit some of the other characters, things are starting to get hairy and you might need some backup...

The level up as such does not exist. You may instead "level down" if you get your bones broken or get afflicted with something, cutting your maximum mind and HP. The hexen table with the skill trees grants new spells or skills, but requires items to use. Enki is un-recruitable as of yet, Ragnavaldr I think can't be picked up at that point either since he's on a mission of his own.

I see you found the Sylvian orgy :P

How about Priest this time?

One vote for priest and one for knight, we'll need a tie breaker (although they'll all be used several times each before we reach an ending, let alone the true ending)

Egosphere

Arcane
Ok, provided we don't get any more votes before this evening I will pick the Knight, with the Priest waiting to go for the subsequent runs.

Egosphere

Arcane
PART V : Never Use Bone-Shears

Having suffered a terrible fate with the Merc, twice over, we decide to migrate to the knight class and see if superior strength of arm can salvage our ambitions to beat this unholy artefact.

The runs from now on will be shorter, since the bulk of the opening is taken up by running to every barrel and crate on the map to harvest loot, and I will not be sharing pics of finding turnips and tinderboxes. I will condense the run to highlights of good finds in those areas we've covered, or new interactions we haven't seen before.

YUJohDLx_o.png

We're going to give the game a chance and not look at the wiki during the intro. We will be picking our skills "blindly". The dominating soul means we are partial to Francois of the New Gods, leaving behind Nilvan. I pick the name Casca and off we go.

BTW the mouse will re-appear at one point in this run but this should be the last time - I've remembered to switch it off.

pwrwGXIp_o.png

Ffj1ZJM8_o.png

1THygnjn_o.png

lmw7OumL_o.png

We promptly sidestepped and dodged it. I don't trust the shield to do jack shit in the dungeon.

JAiCZPfZ_o.png

Nice

xpMrBaPc_o.png

Ygnc68AR_o.png

8yhIOnYn_o.png

Convenient

5nDsVQ1Z_o.png

e7uDsGcF_o.png

Its a tough choice, but I didn't see much use in running away, so I went with listening to the family.

rVGLKFHo_o.png

LUGf54BU_o.png

Nice!

V4HiZqWi_o.png

R1Rm1UBx_o.png

Zkme6Gji_o.png

Too contrived a name.

aVM8uPnp_o.png

kTf8UqYb_o.png

Terrible. We're heading for the eclipse.

8LVpq1xS_o.png

lIlzxIoA_o.png

pB8fWk5l_o.png

djBpiuye_o.png

Spearhead the coming assault?

g8NCCaIl_o.png

v89mpksV_o.png

Alright, I'll take that.

p2YNDfFk_o.png

7CH3mYBh_t.png

Ein91mEO_o.png

fkCTXdmI_o.png

3k908i5i_o.png

I think putting anyone into the FH dungeon is already death

tDFZLWBS_o.png

L1pxOuwj_o.png

I rush after him! Aaaaaand nothing happens. No dash. Well shit. Either dash doesn't exist for the Knight, or we picked something wrong in the opening.

From here on out we engage once again in speedrunning, although the plodding pace of our character is infuriating. The ponderous, languid pace feels like walking through treacle, and the hits to Mind and Hunger that we get every few seconds feel all the more aggravating.

nWADABOb_o.png

From here on out things go the usual way. We scour the barrels and the crates, we check out several of the rooms, which once are comprised of the mini kitchen with the stove, the room with the girl caged, the office area, the ritual circle room etc.
As a guard spots us, we fail to outrun him and he catches up within seconds. Another 'perk' of being slow.

aflx2UwO_o.png

Thankfully the fight is uneventful and we finish him off with 0 damage taken.

sODjXh15_o.png

We do go on a lucky streak of finding 3 explosive vials in quick succession in the nearby loot. Unfortunately no purifying talisman, and the hexen door remains fastly shut.

tjfa6zdo_o.png

h0DWai6L_o.png

Without the lockpicking skill our only hope is to bash down doors but the spear does not have the damage output we need, so we remain locked out of many areas previously accessible.

YaFhKanF_o.png

ZVbxO4rV_o.png

We do put the explosive vials to good use though and open up this passage here.

sZPDZJBO_o.png

Its unchanged. We fail the coin toss but are rewarded with a blue herb as consolation from the treasure chest.

Yfpr5XVa_o.png

In the book shelf we get Forgotten Memories, although I decide to leave it aside for now (we will get around to it in the next run), and save the game. Tossing two tails proves enough and we get our rest.

0heOwe6n_o.png

Cfrp8RL4_o.png

More guards patrol the corridors and we leave them be, staying out of sight and out of mind.

WflsxvQ9_o.png

Past the kitchen area and the metallic doors is the courtyard - again nothing new here.

DLcPkDXh_o.png

The climb down the well has 2 light blue vials which is an awesome find - they heal full health.

f2G4wYvv_o.png

And we unlock the door here for easy access to the basement.

x49vY8lI_o.png

I forget about the whirlpool trap and get sucked into the otherworld.

eOBbY1XL_o.png

TdwTvZCV_o.png

But even with my snail pace I have more than enough time to get out of here.

aIf7UShC_o.png

jnYjysKX_o.png

An awkwardly placed maneba locks me out of several loot boxes so I chance a fight and win in 1 hit.

adMlUpDB_o.png

qXQuAnEH_o.png

Attempts to bash down the talking door fail, as they always do.

n0wa58cD_o.png

Since we found an empty glass vial, we use it on the wine caskets to fill it with wine. A chug of alcohol will cure the mind in times of trouble, as does tobacco, opium and other substances.

YH6kBFHd_o.png

With another round of exploring in the basement and the dungeon proper we find the Small Key and unlock the girl's cage.

DK7JfzeJ_o.png

Back in the library, the bookshelves provide us with some as-of-yet unseen material.

tokXhlb3_o.png

jInIBeTz_o.png

iZbqr8Aw_o.png

Scroll of thievery teaches us pickpocketing.

3cNZKrHE_o.png

Then we find the Book of .. something, I didn't capture the name, but it seems unholy and calls to us, which is why we forego looking at it.

ecQrPwpH_o.png

6NV0zIg3_o.png

ivjgZROn_o.png

6y6J8uz0_o.png

DXeSjg7A_o.png

So we learn to cook. Good, we're growing accustomed to being in the kitchen
:martini:

8zaI33Dd_o.png

And onto the next building. This one ends with us backpedalling to GTFO as quickly as possible (which in this run isnt quick at all). The elite guard captain comes flying at us in the very first room, recognizable by his distinctive helmet. We are not fast enough, and the thing catches us several metres short of the door.

Mb15hTBW_o.png

Armed with a mace that can break bones and a sword that can slice off limbs, the thing attacks twice a turn, making it a death sentence in the early game.

d2GdHBvC_o.png

My skills include Steal, which we've learned, and Fast Attack - which gives us an additional turn, but only on the next turn.

RqeKnk4D_o.png

Whilst we're messing with the Fast attack the girl is now spraying blood from a bloody stump where her arm was.

wudPD70Z_o.png

He tries to crack her over the head with the mace but misses. We, in turn, miss one attack and sink the spear into his elbow on the next, but he has so much limb HP that the one attacks falls short of the requisite damage to tear it off.

VuSQQLxl_o.png

The coin flip attack is next, and our choice proves lucky. We avoid the grab.

tzFQSDD0_o.png

Staying here much longer is not going to be of any benefit, so we use the Run skill to try and disengage from the fight.

SWzLIiKN_o.png

We extricate ourselves successfully and flee back out into the courtyard.

G3mNPnnn_o.png

The enemy however will not return to patrolling, he'll remain fixed in the spot in which we last left him, so for now the passage into the next main building is barred. We jump down the well and decide to try and claw our way forward through the basement.

kanDcuO0_o.png

Vo5EvItI_o.png

The gravestones do have writings on them, its just that I do not have the torches to burn to read all of them.

u4i3H76C_o.png

The crow maiden room

xrrqi8gr_o.png

The loot is ok - mostly food, herbs, sticks and other miscellaneous items.

YwOwQTpt_o.png

Iron Shake still going strong

tTHAveIB_o.png

Here with a lucky coin flip we find Shark Teeth, a serrated blade that is probably a nod to Bloodborne. I had thought that the girl might be able to wield it, but no.

yPaadlo7_o.png

tFdNFZzC_o.png

We ask Seymor how to best survive in this place, and he gives you some stock advise if you hadn't figured it out for yourself.

Fl0pHctf_o.png

28S2X4jb_o.png

KiQcJZuv_o.png

XvaR85iU_o.png

hTD3krHQ_o.png

bABWpFNg_o.png

yA8jOOAt_o.png

I wouldn't say that. Going in gung-ho seems like the safest bet. Stack as much damage as possible and leave as little limbs as possible after the first turn. THEN guard.

GyzggbUu_o.png

The basement takes us down to the prison cells. Before we reach them, we find a pair of bone shears which I quickly equip for that nice 125 damage.

Zz4jfHEg_o.png

The ghoul isn't here this time and we are free to explore the treasure chest. It gives us a soul stone, which I think are the things you drop into the hexen tablet to unlock new skills.

93zasMe2_o.png

otEYy5i7_o.png

This time, however, this area has a lever on its northern end. We pull it and hear something metallic activate somewhere else.
tGxRoxf3_o.png

hA0zMFs2_o.png

oiamiUIT_o.png

In the northern end stands a rotunda whose access is gated with an impenetrable door.

0EWU8oOz_o.png

And whilst we're busy searching for more loot, we are once again accosted by unwelcome company.

B4ZIWaKp_o.png

Alright Casca, take off his arm.

Miss.

plxNPULD_o.png

Well alright, the guard hacks off a third of our health but we keep the limbs. Guard.

fkal8EXH_o.png

He tries to grab us but misses. Ok, Casca, hit the arm!

Miss.

nVpvVG3y_o.png

The guard whacks us again.
Can you hit the arm this time, Casca? Nope. Miss.

67v201lD_o.png

The thing lunges at the girl with a viciousness that makes her lose her other arm and takes her to death's doorstep.

9Gdyxzn8_o.png

She dies on the next turn after I, of course, miss.

1glxk5F7_o.png

I toss the one coin in the flip attack, seeing this as a throwaway run by that point, and once again I miss. Four in a row.

GKEMJVzn_o.png

By that point, I realized either my phobia had taken away most of my fighting spirit, or the bone shears were utterly screwed in their hit chance (which the game does not specify!). Instead I tossed an explosive vial at the ogre. It blew off his right arm and didn't do much else.

N9ITIZLu_o.png

The next hit was the end of me.

PkMHBlOB_o.png

But we were spared any extras post-death, so it's not all bad \s. Not a great foray by any means. But I've learned to never use the bone shears again. An utterly useless weapon that does nothing. Even if it truly does the damage stated, the low % of hitting means the damage output is puny and unpredictable even relative to the standard starting blades or spears. I will not be posting the next two runs of Casca, since they were both less than 10 mins long and were both ended with unlucky coin tosses and the elite guard captain. But part 6 will come, and we'll be seeing quite a few new characters and locations in that run.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Having suffered a terrible fate with the Merc, twice over, we decide to migrate to the knight class and see if superior strength of arm can salvage our ambitions to beat this unholy artefact.

The runs from now on will be shorter, since the bulk of the opening is taken up by running to every barrel and crate on the map to harvest loot, and I will not be sharing pics of finding turnips and tinderboxes. I will condense the run to highlights of good finds in those areas we've covered, or new interactions we haven't seen before.

YUJohDLx_o.png

We're going to give the game a chance and not look at the wiki during the intro. We will be picking our skills "blindly". The dominating soul means we are partial to Francois of the New Gods, leaving behind Nilvan. I pick the name Casca and off we go.

BTW the mouse will re-appear at one point in this run but this should be the last time - I've remembered to switch it off.

pwrwGXIp_o.png

Ffj1ZJM8_o.png

1THygnjn_o.png

lmw7OumL_o.png

We promptly sidestepped and dodged it. I don't trust the shield to do jack shit in the dungeon.

JAiCZPfZ_o.png

Nice

xpMrBaPc_o.png

Ygnc68AR_o.png

8yhIOnYn_o.png

Convenient

5nDsVQ1Z_o.png

e7uDsGcF_o.png

Its a tough choice, but I didn't see much use in running away, so I went with listening to the family.

rVGLKFHo_o.png

LUGf54BU_o.png

Nice!

V4HiZqWi_o.png

R1Rm1UBx_o.png

Zkme6Gji_o.png

Too contrived a name.

aVM8uPnp_o.png

kTf8UqYb_o.png

8LVpq1xS_o.png

lIlzxIoA_o.png

pB8fWk5l_o.png

djBpiuye_o.png

g8NCCaIl_o.png

v89mpksV_o.png

Alright, I'll take that.

p2YNDfFk_o.png

7CH3mYBh_t.png

Ein91mEO_o.png

fkCTXdmI_o.png

3k908i5i_o.png

tDFZLWBS_o.png

L1pxOuwj_o.png

I rush after him! Aaaaaand nothing happens. No dash. Well shit. Either dash doesn't exist for the Knight, or we picked something wrong in the opening.

From here on out we engage once again in speedrunning, although the plodding pace of our character is infuriating. The ponderous, languid pace feels like walking through treacle, and the hits to Mind and Hunger that we get every few seconds feel all the more aggravating.

nWADABOb_o.png

From here on out things go the usual way. We scour the barrels and the crates, we check out several of the rooms, which once are comprised of the mini kitchen with the stove, the room with the girl caged, the office area, the ritual circle room etc.
As a guard spots us, we fail to outrun him and he catches up within seconds. Another 'perk' of being slow.

aflx2UwO_o.png

sODjXh15_o.png

We do go on a lucky streak of finding 3 explosive vials in quick succession in the nearby loot. Unfortunately no purifying talisman, and the hexen door remains fastly shut.

tjfa6zdo_o.png

h0DWai6L_o.png

Without the lockpicking skill our only hope is to bash down doors but the spear does not have the damage output we need, so we remain locked out of many areas previously accessible.

YaFhKanF_o.png

ZVbxO4rV_o.png

sZPDZJBO_o.png

Its unchanged. We fail the coin toss but are rewarded with a blue herb as consolation from the treasure chest.

Yfpr5XVa_o.png

In the book shelf we get Forgotten Memories, although I decide to leave it aside for now (we will get around to it in the next run), and save the game. Tossing two tails proves enough and we get our rest.

0heOwe6n_o.png

Cfrp8RL4_o.png

More guards patrol the corridors and we leave them be, staying out of sight and out of mind.

WflsxvQ9_o.png

Past the kitchen area and the metallic doors is the courtyard - again nothing new here.

DLcPkDXh_o.png

The climb down the well has 2 light blue vials which is an awesome find - they heal full health.

f2G4wYvv_o.png

x49vY8lI_o.png

eOBbY1XL_o.png

TdwTvZCV_o.png

aIf7UShC_o.png

jnYjysKX_o.png

An awkwardly placed maneba locks me out of several loot boxes so I chance a fight and win in 1 hit.

adMlUpDB_o.png

qXQuAnEH_o.png

n0wa58cD_o.png

Since we found an empty glass vial, we use it on the wine caskets to fill it with wine. A chug of alcohol will cure the mind in times of trouble, as does tobacco, opium and other substances.

YH6kBFHd_o.png

With another round of exploring in the basement and the dungeon proper we find the Small Key and unlock the girl's cage.

DK7JfzeJ_o.png

Back in the library, the bookshelves provide us with some as-of-yet unseen material.

tokXhlb3_o.png

jInIBeTz_o.png

iZbqr8Aw_o.png

3cNZKrHE_o.png

Then we find the Book of .. something, I didn't capture the name, but it seems unholy and calls to us, which is why we forego looking at it.

ecQrPwpH_o.png

6NV0zIg3_o.png

ivjgZROn_o.png

6y6J8uz0_o.png

DXeSjg7A_o.png

8zaI33Dd_o.png

And onto the next building. This one ends with us backpedalling to GTFO as quickly as possible (which in this run isnt quick at all). The elite guard captain comes flying at us in the very first room, recognizable by his distinctive helmet. We are not fast enough, and the thing catches us several metres short of the door.

Mb15hTBW_o.png

Armed with a mace that can break bones and a sword that can slice off limbs, the thing attacks twice a turn, making it a death sentence in the early game.

d2GdHBvC_o.png

My skills include Steal, which we've learned, and Fast Attack - which gives us an additional turn, but only on the next turn.

RqeKnk4D_o.png

Whilst we're messing with the Fast attack the girl is now spraying blood from a bloody stump where her arm was.

wudPD70Z_o.png

He tries to crack her over the head with the mace but misses. We, in turn, miss one attack and sink the spear into his elbow on the next, but he has so much limb HP that the one attacks falls short of the requisite damage to tear it off.

VuSQQLxl_o.png

tzFQSDD0_o.png

Staying here much longer is not going to be of any benefit, so we use the Run skill to try and disengage from the fight.

SWzLIiKN_o.png

G3mNPnnn_o.png

The enemy however will not return to patrolling, he'll remain fixed in the spot in which we last left him, so for now the passage into the next main building is barred. We jump down the well and decide to try and claw our way forward through the basement.

kanDcuO0_o.png

Vo5EvItI_o.png

The gravestones do have writings on them, its just that I do not have the torches to burn to read all of them.

u4i3H76C_o.png

The crow maiden room

xrrqi8gr_o.png

YwOwQTpt_o.png

tTHAveIB_o.png

Here with a lucky coin flip we find Shark Teeth, a serrated blade that is probably a nod to Bloodborne. I had thought that the girl might be able to wield it, but no.

yPaadlo7_o.png

tFdNFZzC_o.png

We ask Seymor how to best survive in this place, and he gives you some stock advise if you hadn't figured it out for yourself.

Fl0pHctf_o.png

28S2X4jb_o.png

KiQcJZuv_o.png

XvaR85iU_o.png

hTD3krHQ_o.png

bABWpFNg_o.png

yA8jOOAt_o.png

I wouldn't say that. Going in gung-ho seems like the safest bet. Stack as much damage as possible and leave as little limbs as possible after the first turn. THEN guard.

GyzggbUu_o.png

The basement takes us down to the prison cells. Before we reach them, we find a pair of bone shears which I quickly equip for that nice 125 damage.

Zz4jfHEg_o.png

The ghoul isn't here this time and we are free to explore the treasure chest. It gives us a soul stone, which I think are the things you drop into the hexen tablet to unlock new skills.

93zasMe2_o.png

otEYy5i7_o.png

This time, however, this area has a lever on its northern end. We pull it and hear something metallic activate somewhere else.
tGxRoxf3_o.png

hA0zMFs2_o.png

oiamiUIT_o.png

In the northern end stands a rotunda whose access is gated with an impenetrable door.

0EWU8oOz_o.png

And whilst we're busy searching for more loot, we are once again accosted by unwelcome company.

B4ZIWaKp_o.png

Miss.

plxNPULD_o.png

Well alright, the guard hacks off a third of our health but we keep the limbs. Guard.

fkal8EXH_o.png

Miss.

nVpvVG3y_o.png

67v201lD_o.png

The thing lunges at the girl with a viciousness that makes her lose her other arm and takes her to death's doorstep.

9Gdyxzn8_o.png

1glxk5F7_o.png

I toss the one coin in the flip attack, seeing this as a throwaway run by that point, and once again I miss. Four in a row.

GKEMJVzn_o.png

By that point, I realized either my phobia had taken away most of my fighting spirit, or the bone shears were utterly screwed in their hit chance (which the game does not specify!). Instead I tossed an explosive vial at the ogre. It blew off his right arm and didn't do much else.

N9ITIZLu_o.png

PkMHBlOB_o.png

But we were spared any extras post-death, so it's not all bad \s. Not a great foray by any means. But I've learned to never use the bone shears again. An utterly useless weapon that does nothing. Even if it truly does the damage stated, the low % of hitting means the damage output is puny and unpredictable even relative to the standard starting blades or spears. I will not be posting the next two runs of Casca, since they were both less than 10 mins long and were both ended with unlucky coin tosses and the elite guard captain. But part 6 will come, and we'll be seeing quite a few new characters and locations in that run.
And here I thought the Bone Shears were a great weapon because of that nice Attack Rating and damage. Guess this thing trades accuracy for damage and you suffered because of it.
This game spares no one. I rather like that.

Egosphere

Arcane

YUJohDLx_o.png

pwrwGXIp_o.png

Ffj1ZJM8_o.png

1THygnjn_o.png

lmw7OumL_o.png

JAiCZPfZ_o.png

Nice

xpMrBaPc_o.png

Ygnc68AR_o.png

8yhIOnYn_o.png

Convenient

5nDsVQ1Z_o.png

e7uDsGcF_o.png

rVGLKFHo_o.png

LUGf54BU_o.png

Nice!

V4HiZqWi_o.png

R1Rm1UBx_o.png

Zkme6Gji_o.png

Too contrived a name.

aVM8uPnp_o.png

kTf8UqYb_o.png

8LVpq1xS_o.png

lIlzxIoA_o.png

pB8fWk5l_o.png

djBpiuye_o.png

g8NCCaIl_o.png

v89mpksV_o.png

Alright, I'll take that.

p2YNDfFk_o.png

7CH3mYBh_t.png

Ein91mEO_o.png

fkCTXdmI_o.png

3k908i5i_o.png

tDFZLWBS_o.png

L1pxOuwj_o.png

nWADABOb_o.png

aflx2UwO_o.png

sODjXh15_o.png

tjfa6zdo_o.png

h0DWai6L_o.png

YaFhKanF_o.png

ZVbxO4rV_o.png

sZPDZJBO_o.png

Yfpr5XVa_o.png

0heOwe6n_o.png

Cfrp8RL4_o.png

WflsxvQ9_o.png

DLcPkDXh_o.png

f2G4wYvv_o.png

x49vY8lI_o.png

eOBbY1XL_o.png

TdwTvZCV_o.png

aIf7UShC_o.png

jnYjysKX_o.png

adMlUpDB_o.png

qXQuAnEH_o.png

n0wa58cD_o.png

YH6kBFHd_o.png

DK7JfzeJ_o.png

tokXhlb3_o.png

jInIBeTz_o.png

iZbqr8Aw_o.png

3cNZKrHE_o.png

ecQrPwpH_o.png

6NV0zIg3_o.png

ivjgZROn_o.png

6y6J8uz0_o.png

DXeSjg7A_o.png

8zaI33Dd_o.png

Mb15hTBW_o.png

d2GdHBvC_o.png

RqeKnk4D_o.png

wudPD70Z_o.png

VuSQQLxl_o.png

tzFQSDD0_o.png

SWzLIiKN_o.png

G3mNPnnn_o.png

kanDcuO0_o.png

Vo5EvItI_o.png

u4i3H76C_o.png

The crow maiden room

xrrqi8gr_o.png

YwOwQTpt_o.png

tTHAveIB_o.png

yPaadlo7_o.png

tFdNFZzC_o.png

Fl0pHctf_o.png

28S2X4jb_o.png

KiQcJZuv_o.png

XvaR85iU_o.png

hTD3krHQ_o.png

bABWpFNg_o.png

yA8jOOAt_o.png

GyzggbUu_o.png

Zz4jfHEg_o.png

93zasMe2_o.png

otEYy5i7_o.png

tGxRoxf3_o.png

hA0zMFs2_o.png

oiamiUIT_o.png

0EWU8oOz_o.png

B4ZIWaKp_o.png

Miss.

plxNPULD_o.png

fkal8EXH_o.png

Miss.

nVpvVG3y_o.png

67v201lD_o.png

9Gdyxzn8_o.png

1glxk5F7_o.png

GKEMJVzn_o.png

N9ITIZLu_o.png

PkMHBlOB_o.png

And here I thought the Bone Shears were a great weapon because of that nice Attack Rating and damage. Guess this thing trades accuracy for damage and you suffered because of it.
This game spares no one. I rather like that.

Either it was an utterly abysmal run of bad luck, or they really do suck. I think the item description for them said something akin to them being a little hard to use, which I guess is the clue to the accuracy being subpar. I did not expect the run to end as it did.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Either it was an utterly abysmal run of bad luck, or they really do suck. I think the item description for them said something akin to them being a little hard to use, which I guess is the clue to the accuracy being subpar. I did not expect the run to end as it did.

They are ass in a 1 man party, which you basically currently have. I think i remember using them quite successfully in my run going to the end, when having a 4 man party that can fight the high damage helps a lot and a miss is not that bad if you have 3 others being able to cut of the dangerous bits.
Checking my last save I used a Cursed bone-shear on D'arce.

The girl can use the dagger btw. that you could find somewhere relatively early, it can also be cursed to be vastly more effective making her less of a dead weight.

EDIT: typos without end, jeez

Last edited:

Egosphere

Arcane

They are ass in a 1 man party, which you basically currently have. I think i remeber using them quite successfully in my run going to the end when having a 4 man party that can fight the high damage helps a lot and a miss is not that bad if you have 3 others being able to cut of the dangerous bits.
Checking my last save I used a Cursed bone-shear on D'arce.

The girl can use the dagger btw. that you could find somewhere relatively early, it can also be cursed to be castly more effective making her less of a dead weight.
Yeah, I know of the dagger though I think the skeleton arm does more damage and she can wield that as well, but I will have to see how the cursed version looks.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
So the cursed version of a weapon is strictly better than the normal version?
It doesn't have any drawbacks (which you would normally expect from a cursed item)?

Egosphere

Arcane
What version are you playing?
141 off itchio
Let's see if playing as the priest yields success. :P
Not yet, I want to give two proper shots for each class, so the next update will be Casca's run. Now since the next run took me all the way to level 5 and then back to a convenient save spot, I figure that instead of restarting every time I will keep that Casca run open for a while, so what I can do is get a parallel playthrough of the game with the Priest running in the meantime. So next update will be Casca and the one after that will be the priest.

Egosphere

Arcane
So the cursed version of a weapon is strictly better than the normal version?
It doesn't have any drawbacks (which you would normally expect from a cursed item)?
Apparently so. Maybe there's some hits to Mind or something, but if there are the game makes no noise about them. The damage output is greater, and the weapon looks cooler in combat as well.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
What version are you playing?
Btw was Legarde on the same level as I died to the Night Lurch? Shame if he was so close and I fucked it up.

Yes I believe so, right down the thicket. The other way would be to use the caged elevator you were in front of or down the jail and the blood and guts tunnel, or whatever it's called. Again I only remember fragments of the game. Trying to get Legarde ASAP is definitely the right approach, reaching him in time is another matter though. When you reach him, if you aren't wholly crippled, with the girl just stick with the run I would suggest it's stressful to do and you should be in a good position to coontinue on for the later stages.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
After consulting the wiki, it seems the Bone Shears do indeed have a -50% Hit Rate, which explains the humorous, but also tragic way your last fight progressed.

Egosphere

Arcane
Yeah, very unfortunate that.
I will upload the next part some time this week. Imgbox has messed up and i've accidentally lost a post when trying to type it up.

Egosphere

Arcane
I'll try to get around to it soon, since I already have the pics of the run going all the way to level 5 done, and since I also have the screenshots of Enki's start.
Game 's too good to abandon

Last edited:

Egosphere

Arcane
Part 6.1 : One small step

I cannot post the full part due to time constraints, so I will begin to break up the monolithic blocks of pics on imgbox into bite sized chunks that I can gnaw through. Be prepared for future updates to have less than satisfactory endings. This unfortunately also stops the posts from encapsulating a run either towards death or a save point, but I figured a mangled update is better than none at all. Dropping the roman numerals too, since we need the dot notation.

rGMJXhM2_o.png

Since the game pulls a lot of bullshit via hidden stats and mystification of mechanics, I can also pull bullshit by looking up things on the wiki, and learning dash.

C2QE149B_o.png

Not much new here. We whizz around from one crate to another to get our hands on whatever luck proffers.

alTFHxIN_o.png

A cursed iron mace is not a bad find at all.

0pztawq8_o.png

Fur armour. Maybe the barbarian took it off.

T7xVShMJ_o.png

Usual places, usual items.

AgL1NeUl_o.png

I can't remember whether the girl talked at all to Cavarra on our first few runs. Don't believe she did, but here we get some emotions at least.

5gO1o2Bx_o.png

pkCmUytU_o.png

Since we're so early into the run, I decide to tempt fate and open forbidden knowledge.

BBIV0pq3_o.png

And it is the necronomicon, or the book of gro goroth. He's got his schlong out, like they all do. The pic answers our question about 'wearing skins' too.

kwJode8b_o.png

gHamdBgG_o.png

JMxRP7lE_o.png

We suffer a coin flip attack which, yes, is an insta death if you fail.

e5vD4Xyr_o.png

We don't fail :cool:

s5iV222K_o.png

My iq is not high enough!

zoggq9ow_o.png

Aaaaand....

HJLPACUL_o.png

u7FnN5bU_o.png
Our first offensive spell. Black orb, which farts out a blue bubble that wallops the enemy 3 times for about ~100 damage each.

u7FnN5bU_o.png

No refunds.

SQ03mPna_o.png

We also find a tome on the lovely lady that is sylvian

zAmQpGZv_o.png

Much to study

7den1THZ_o.png

Lgz74qpF_o.png

DKrrpnlW_o.png

8NUjujHH_o.png

"twisted"

mnvI9nOC_o.png

uaJMaq0H_o.png

They still do that

4djDcdjb_o.png

The game fails to avoid the vague, wishy washy tone when it comes to the Old Gods (tm). Things "create", then they react, then they "disappear" or "leave", much like they do in a lot of other fiction.
Anyways,

TbbMGRv3_o.png

Down the corpse slide

OLOX2gwH_o.png

The place is the last pit stop for refuelling before the real game gets started, so we explore it diligently

Hn1ry4Qp_o.png

Sucked in by the witch again

YpxHhHb1_o.png

LJHUW7Rp_o.png

But we escape, and find the purifying talisman to boot. The doors right above us, so thats handy.

CeZQXH1h_o.png

SZxmjc5Y_o.png

We've no soulstones so I don't remember why I bothered to go inside.

85hJCTGz_o.png

We do however get to see the skilltree menu here, on the hexen table. Our available skills are visible. Since we have the soul of domination, we have .. I can't rightfully remember the skills I have as I'm typing this up. Still, we also see that we've learned black orb - the rightmost blue pin on the table. And we also see that its orbiting the tails symbol, which must be the symbol of Gro-goroth. The cross is Alllmer, and so the eye must be Sylvian. There is also the mysterious Я symbol that's below the cross, and also the fourth 'new' god also out of view.

sS3MiwLC_o.png

RWdTopzt_o.png

We press on, sacrificing the guy on the cross for Alllmer affinity (even though he does have only the one skill to bestow)

6MUw7FYW_o.png

jR3OZKlz_o.png

We walk around some more to tear down cloth

juzGBuc5_o.png

And find the other library. Another new book .

0KKDHgvb_o.png

LvVBAgZR_o.png

Dw5ZHo2T_o.png

Jettaiah terrorists blew them up :negative:

FW4XcRod_o.png

8tyziekn_o.png

sFyZRDeJ_o.png

xCQ5x7Wq_o.png

MW4O0ZxR_o.png

EVlcVMDE_o.png

Where?
We find the other avid reader, Enki, busy in a book on the other end.

urEtGVDP_o.png

Leaving him, we open the secret passage with the mockup book we picked up earlier and also find another book that seems, for whatever reason, to be important.

rzcfcORf_o.png

UUlyXKM2_o.png

"As you open the book you feel a wave of nostalgia" or something along those lines.

WFpLosNy_o.png

What's wrong with that lion's tail? Why does he have a babylonian beard? Why is his lussy so prominent?

KI8ZMegi_o.png

"not of yours"

ls0q0GIR_o.png

T1kxNY1e_o.png

So we're alllmer's faithful. Good, good.

uzbzGrtd_o.png

zoMpHFDQ_o.png

E9pBEDTk_o.png

Z81RbBPO_o.png

oAJfj2a7_o.png

fza0akxl_o.png

Counter, another skill which I think allows us to forego an attack in order to counter all incoming attacks from multiple enemies.

4CbY5u80_o.png

Back in the main hall, the elite guard is back, but we manage to duke him by running around the sacraficial sculpture. I expedite east, and finally encounter Buckman, the meeting being a rehash of what we've seen before.

yjbbmILo_o.png

In the next part, we'll be exacting some sweet sweet revenge onto Trotrur.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Part 6.1 : One small step

I cannot post the full part due to time constraints, so I will begin to break up the monolithic blocks of pics on imgbox into bite sized chunks that I can gnaw through. Be prepared for future updates to have less than satisfactory endings. This unfortunately also stops the posts from encapsulating a run either towards death or a save point, but I figured a mangled update is better than none at all. Dropping the roman numerals too, since we need the dot notation.

rGMJXhM2_o.png

Since the game pulls a lot of bullshit via hidden stats and mystification of mechanics, I can also pull bullshit by looking up things on the wiki, and learning dash.

C2QE149B_o.png

Not much new here. We whizz around from one crate to another to get our hands on whatever luck proffers.

alTFHxIN_o.png

A cursed iron mace is not a bad find at all.

0pztawq8_o.png

Fur armour. Maybe the barbarian took it off.

T7xVShMJ_o.png

Usual places, usual items.

AgL1NeUl_o.png

I can't remember whether the girl talked at all to Cavarra on our first few runs. Don't believe she did, but here we get some emotions at least.

5gO1o2Bx_o.png

pkCmUytU_o.png

Since we're so early into the run, I decide to tempt fate and open forbidden knowledge.

BBIV0pq3_o.png

And it is the necronomicon, or the book of gro goroth. He's got his schlong out, like they all do. The pic answers our question about 'wearing skins' too.

kwJode8b_o.png

gHamdBgG_o.png

JMxRP7lE_o.png

We suffer a coin flip attack which, yes, is an insta death if you fail.

e5vD4Xyr_o.png

We don't fail :cool:

s5iV222K_o.png

My iq is not high enough!

zoggq9ow_o.png

Aaaaand....

HJLPACUL_o.png

u7FnN5bU_o.png
Our first offensive spell. Black orb, which farts out a blue bubble that wallops the enemy 3 times for about ~100 damage each.

u7FnN5bU_o.png

No refunds.

SQ03mPna_o.png

We also find a tome on the lovely lady that is sylvian

zAmQpGZv_o.png

Much to study

7den1THZ_o.png

Lgz74qpF_o.png

DKrrpnlW_o.png

8NUjujHH_o.png

"twisted"

mnvI9nOC_o.png

uaJMaq0H_o.png

They still do that

4djDcdjb_o.png

The game fails to avoid the vague, wishy washy tone when it comes to the Old Gods (tm). Things "create", then they react, then they "disappear" or "leave", much like they do in a lot of other fiction.
Anyways,

TbbMGRv3_o.png

Down the corpse slide

OLOX2gwH_o.png

The place is the last pit stop for refuelling before the real game gets started, so we explore it diligently

Hn1ry4Qp_o.png

Sucked in by the witch again

YpxHhHb1_o.png

LJHUW7Rp_o.png

But we escape, and find the purifying talisman to boot. The doors right above us, so thats handy.

CeZQXH1h_o.png

SZxmjc5Y_o.png

We've no soulstones so I don't remember why I bothered to go inside.

85hJCTGz_o.png

We do however get to see the skilltree menu here, on the hexen table. Our available skills are visible. Since we have the soul of domination, we have .. I can't rightfully remember the skills I have as I'm typing this up. Still, we also see that we've learned black orb - the rightmost blue pin on the table. And we also see that its orbiting the tails symbol, which must be the symbol of Gro-goroth. The cross is Alllmer, and so the eye must be Sylvian. There is also the mysterious Я symbol that's below the cross, and also the fourth 'new' god also out of view.

sS3MiwLC_o.png

RWdTopzt_o.png

We press on, sacrificing the guy on the cross for Alllmer affinity (even though he does have only the one skill to bestow)

6MUw7FYW_o.png

jR3OZKlz_o.png

We walk around some more to tear down cloth

juzGBuc5_o.png

And find the other library. Another new book .

0KKDHgvb_o.png

LvVBAgZR_o.png

Dw5ZHo2T_o.png

Jettaiah terrorists blew them up :negative:

FW4XcRod_o.png

8tyziekn_o.png

sFyZRDeJ_o.png

xCQ5x7Wq_o.png

MW4O0ZxR_o.png

EVlcVMDE_o.png

Where?
We find the other avid reader, Enki, busy in a book on the other end.

urEtGVDP_o.png

Leaving him, we open the secret passage with the mockup book we picked up earlier and also find another book that seems, for whatever reason, to be important.

rzcfcORf_o.png

UUlyXKM2_o.png

"As you open the book you feel a wave of nostalgia" or something along those lines.

WFpLosNy_o.png

What's wrong with that lion's tail? Why does he have a babylonian beard? Why is his lussy so prominent?

KI8ZMegi_o.png

"not of yours"

ls0q0GIR_o.png

T1kxNY1e_o.png

So we're alllmer's faithful. Good, good.

uzbzGrtd_o.png

zoMpHFDQ_o.png

E9pBEDTk_o.png

Z81RbBPO_o.png

oAJfj2a7_o.png

fza0akxl_o.png

Counter, another skill which I think allows us to forego an attack in order to counter all incoming attacks from multiple enemies.

4CbY5u80_o.png

Back in the main hall, the elite guard is back, but we manage to duke him by running around the sacraficial sculpture. I expedite east, and finally encounter Buckman, the meeting being a rehash of what we've seen before.

yjbbmILo_o.png

In the next part, we'll be exacting some sweet sweet revenge onto Trotrur.
Nice!
So you managed to score Black Orb.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom