Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP] Fear and Hunger

Egosphere

Arcane
Part 6.1 : One small step

I cannot post the full part due to time constraints, so I will begin to break up the monolithic blocks of pics on imgbox into bite sized chunks that I can gnaw through. Be prepared for future updates to have less than satisfactory endings. This unfortunately also stops the posts from encapsulating a run either towards death or a save point, but I figured a mangled update is better than none at all. Dropping the roman numerals too, since we need the dot notation.

rGMJXhM2_o.png

Since the game pulls a lot of bullshit via hidden stats and mystification of mechanics, I can also pull bullshit by looking up things on the wiki, and learning dash.

C2QE149B_o.png

Not much new here. We whizz around from one crate to another to get our hands on whatever luck proffers.

alTFHxIN_o.png

A cursed iron mace is not a bad find at all.

0pztawq8_o.png

Fur armour. Maybe the barbarian took it off.

T7xVShMJ_o.png

Usual places, usual items.

AgL1NeUl_o.png

I can't remember whether the girl talked at all to Cavarra on our first few runs. Don't believe she did, but here we get some emotions at least.

5gO1o2Bx_o.png

pkCmUytU_o.png

Since we're so early into the run, I decide to tempt fate and open forbidden knowledge.

BBIV0pq3_o.png

And it is the necronomicon, or the book of gro goroth. He's got his schlong out, like they all do. The pic answers our question about 'wearing skins' too.

kwJode8b_o.png

gHamdBgG_o.png

JMxRP7lE_o.png

We suffer a coin flip attack which, yes, is an insta death if you fail.

e5vD4Xyr_o.png

We don't fail :cool:

s5iV222K_o.png

My iq is not high enough!

zoggq9ow_o.png

Aaaaand....

HJLPACUL_o.png

u7FnN5bU_o.png
Our first offensive spell. Black orb, which farts out a blue bubble that wallops the enemy 3 times for about ~100 damage each.

u7FnN5bU_o.png

No refunds.

SQ03mPna_o.png

We also find a tome on the lovely lady that is sylvian

zAmQpGZv_o.png

Much to study

7den1THZ_o.png

Lgz74qpF_o.png

DKrrpnlW_o.png

8NUjujHH_o.png

"twisted"

mnvI9nOC_o.png

uaJMaq0H_o.png

They still do that

4djDcdjb_o.png

The game fails to avoid the vague, wishy washy tone when it comes to the Old Gods (tm). Things "create", then they react, then they "disappear" or "leave", much like they do in a lot of other fiction.
Anyways,

TbbMGRv3_o.png

Down the corpse slide

OLOX2gwH_o.png

The place is the last pit stop for refuelling before the real game gets started, so we explore it diligently

Hn1ry4Qp_o.png

Sucked in by the witch again

YpxHhHb1_o.png

LJHUW7Rp_o.png

But we escape, and find the purifying talisman to boot. The doors right above us, so thats handy.

CeZQXH1h_o.png

SZxmjc5Y_o.png

We've no soulstones so I don't remember why I bothered to go inside.

85hJCTGz_o.png

We do however get to see the skilltree menu here, on the hexen table. Our available skills are visible. Since we have the soul of domination, we have .. I can't rightfully remember the skills I have as I'm typing this up. Still, we also see that we've learned black orb - the rightmost blue pin on the table. And we also see that its orbiting the tails symbol, which must be the symbol of Gro-goroth. The cross is Alllmer, and so the eye must be Sylvian. There is also the mysterious Я symbol that's below the cross, and also the fourth 'new' god also out of view.

sS3MiwLC_o.png

RWdTopzt_o.png

We press on, sacrificing the guy on the cross for Alllmer affinity (even though he does have only the one skill to bestow)

6MUw7FYW_o.png

jR3OZKlz_o.png

We walk around some more to tear down cloth

juzGBuc5_o.png

And find the other library. Another new book .

0KKDHgvb_o.png

LvVBAgZR_o.png

Dw5ZHo2T_o.png

Jettaiah terrorists blew them up :negative:

FW4XcRod_o.png

8tyziekn_o.png

sFyZRDeJ_o.png

xCQ5x7Wq_o.png

MW4O0ZxR_o.png

EVlcVMDE_o.png

Where?
We find the other avid reader, Enki, busy in a book on the other end.

urEtGVDP_o.png

Leaving him, we open the secret passage with the mockup book we picked up earlier and also find another book that seems, for whatever reason, to be important.

rzcfcORf_o.png

UUlyXKM2_o.png

"As you open the book you feel a wave of nostalgia" or something along those lines.

WFpLosNy_o.png

What's wrong with that lion's tail? Why does he have a babylonian beard? Why is his lussy so prominent?

KI8ZMegi_o.png

"not of yours"

ls0q0GIR_o.png

T1kxNY1e_o.png

So we're alllmer's faithful. Good, good.

uzbzGrtd_o.png

zoMpHFDQ_o.png

E9pBEDTk_o.png

Z81RbBPO_o.png

oAJfj2a7_o.png

fza0akxl_o.png

Counter, another skill which I think allows us to forego an attack in order to counter all incoming attacks from multiple enemies.

4CbY5u80_o.png

Back in the main hall, the elite guard is back, but we manage to duke him by running around the sacraficial sculpture. I expedite east, and finally encounter Buckman, the meeting being a rehash of what we've seen before.

yjbbmILo_o.png

In the next part, we'll be exacting some sweet sweet revenge onto Trotrur.
Nice!
So you managed to score Black Orb.
Yes, and it will be employed in the very next part, rendering a fight that is apparently quite tricky very straightforward

Egosphere

Arcane
Part 6.2 Something is advancing from the Darkness

Buck(broken)man dives into the side room to cower and piss himself at the thought of being attacked by a disfigured midget. We, however, lack cowardice, and advance sword drawn into the darkness of the tunnel.

To the north is the torture chamber which by now, unfortunately, is intimately familiar to us (or the previous one of us)

PHQCuWtw_o.png

We hear footsteps approach, and are given the option to either hide, ambush or talk to whomever appears. It's trotur, obviously, so we ambush the bastard.
I7pdJFpn_o.png

The fights is easy. Cut off the dagger wielding arm and the guy is useless.
InSxb0f3_o.png
BcF5MWYs_o.png

But of course, I miss..
a90Gbbho_o.png

And Trotrur strikes back, both cutting me for a bleeding effect AND infecting the wound in the process.
HZvrBOlq_o.png

Instead of trying any more bullshit, I crush his sternum straight into his spine with one blow of the cursed mace. The prick is done.
BL9zN2V6_o.png

But I'm in a bit of a panic as I realize I lack the blue herbs to heal the infection. If untreated, the status can lead to a sudden death over time.
9glH7n5u_o.png

Thankfully they're in the garden we passed on the way here, in the corner I forgot to explore in my rush to get down the well.
moXWZhWN_o.png

Back at Buckman's, we tell him Trotrur is not going to be a nuisance any more.
OMw66o1c_o.png

Do you know anything about these dungeons?
H8MXYPUH_o.png
HnMvWfKC_o.png

Would you like to accompany me on my epic journey, bucko?
E5BO5XcL_o.png
63Pe71Me_o.png

Sure, smell that air.
Trotrur had a key on him - the 2F key. Is that a reference to something? I figured it would be Silent Hill 2's opening apartment block level, but no. It might be nothing.
sqPNxw7F_o.png

We open the gate, go down the stairs and..
kEnRTk9A_o.png

Well, at least it's soft if we get knocked down on our ass. I try to search the corpse walls for something useful,
WRsqP1cW_o.png

And the game prompts me with a warning of sorts. Do you really want to go ahead with this? Sure.
y09Ox3wr_o.png
pYpr5EJ5_o.png

A disembodied head pops out from the skein of viscera.
hMfLgXan_o.png
RsmjrI4t_o.png

Should I bring you some? There's a dead dude right upstairs. Two, in fact..
8byf0jeE_o.png

But before we know it, it's combat mode, and the accompanying theme lets you know that you fucked up. You fucked up big time and there's no going back.
Turn down the volume before letting your ears bathe in the dulcet notes..

JW8wjbn5_o.png

And the wizard head opens with a prayer of some sort. Darkness. I try to play baseball with the head, but my wild swings only lead to a miss.
UydVz1FP_o.png
0qIy3zJt_o.png

Conjuration!
8KVh4CRC_o.png

Something gruesome, horned and huge, appears to step out of the darkness of the Blood Pit.
7xEwebEW_o.png

I hack again, and it's another miss! Is it the weapon, or is it the magic of my adversary?
4PbhsTAc_o.png

The thing advances. That's .. not good. Standing at what must be 6+ metres tall, the minotaur is shambling towards only one goal - crushing us into pulp.
RhIXynXb_o.png

Another swing and another miss. It's not the weapon, I realize. The mage is pulling some sort of trick on us. In the anxiety of the fight, I had completely forgotten that I had already learned black orb.
Do note that we have the option to attack either the wizard, or the 'darkness' in every turn. I didn't bother even trying to attack the darkness. That HP must be bloated beyond belief.
AAm980eS_o.png

The mage laughs again. The thing is now leaning forward to get a better look.
U6usk7Xy_o.png
D1DZikLI_o.png
qx01Wf1B_o.png
IFkC3QHu_o.png

And with that, it's time to GTFO. I try my luck with the escape. The gods favour me, and I flee from the encounter.
XVmvWZBk_o.png

The head disappears back into the whirlpool of gore, and with it the conjuration is no more.
a7Xdt7la_o.png

Another denizen of this delightful tunnel has decided to come and investigate all the commotion. Fortunately the snakeman is so slow that we don't even need dash to outrun it.
l6MSNVtm_o.png

Down the steps we go, and into Level 3. The grated flooring resonates our footsteps across the cavernous subterranean expanse.
VMR2aC8t_o.png

In a nearby room we encounter a ghoul, a former prisoner who's in no state to make good on his newfound freedom from the cell. This time with his legs are already torn off.
llwrpfmy_o.png

We talk to him. The usual.
QdEQ3ZJm_o.png

The one vicious trick up this enemy's sleeve is that, unlike the others, he can fight without a head. So the first encounter can go badly if you waste time cutting the legs and the head, only to realize he's still body slamming you for damage.
W170hXUi_o.png

We dodge through the stone elementals to find a room with some opium powder and a diary of a captain.
lqTJzlxz_o.png
3rseVJQL_o.png
j0m1usx5_o.png
#
Just another day in the office.
jkgPG6zB_o.png

NuXhurQM_o.png

Le'garde! That's the guy we're looking for!
t1hG1rGo_o.png

Below the mines, which would be level 6 or 7.
h4B9dP5S_o.png

Yep. I'm sure the guard elite is having a lot of fun.
YxjQYx91_o.png

We proceed carefully atop the metallic floors, avoiding the ballista enemy.
OllquOwN_o.png

And avoiding another patrolling guard with some deft movements
jnUyTega_o.png
lCBhfsQj_o.png

The room in the corner is stacked with boxes, but which have been preemptively emptied by someone, or something.
33QlYX2C_o.png

And in the very far corner of this level - our purpose. A lever sitting between a pair of manacles chained to the wall.
We pull the lever to hear a metallic click somewhere in the distance. Time to go back.
I2n2u9SA_o.png

f84Lat3Y_o.png

I run through the enemies, but decide to veer away onto another branch of the suspended walkways to explore some more, thinking that the guard will lose track
r0qL0TrQ_o.png

I don't regret the detour, but it turns into a bit of a clusterfuck as I stumble onto an interesting room with the guard in hot pursuit.
In the top left corner stands a unique item - a child's doll, with long brown hair and wearing a long dress. In the top right corner sits the Mercenary, seemingly wounded. Flying at us from behind comes the guard.
XQHAvQaE_o.png

The cursed mace does a number on him, however. We blow off his arm, guard the attack and then finish him off.
oApNinbt_o.png
I7sMQBgV_o.png

The doll has some malevolent properties, and we feel an eeriness descend upon us as we pick it up.
HsBtA7a7_o.png

With the item safely stowed, we talk to the merc.
eNs1SHoS_o.png

Yes, the guard is dead. Wasn't exactly a hard fight, but I'll give you a pass since you dont have armour or a cursed weapon.
7DQSdg9k_o.png

Who are you?
CfunVEQH_o.png

We'll find out what he's doing here in the next part.

Egosphere

Arcane
6.3 The only way is down

We met with Cahara (Cavarra?) in the last episode. Let's catch up with how he's doing.

Cahara, tell us your story

UTt1hhR5_o.png

tgyKrVgY_o.png

K. Cheeks clapped. Got it.
So how do you feel?

lvYCskFv_o.png

aYhaHHTT_o.png

I guess. As long as you don't regale me with stories of 'deformed' guards and whatnot.

Dd9nwax8_o.png

Ok let's go. We pop back into the nearby cell and open the treasure chest. A lucky toss and +1 soul stone for the skill tree.

U4zYwy1s_o.png

xjW34VY2_o.png

We also toss the two to save the game and voila! Our fist save point.

VezJc5M6_o.png

F8yDiIJv_o.png

After a short nap, we proceed with Cahara back up the way we came, but something is immediately amiss.

z4vHuEM6_o.png

ByVyfWGb_o.png

Absolute turd. Will behead the bastard next time I meet him.

F6LqVPAq_o.png

I am still not strong enough to whack the metal door off its hinges.

VXfSFqwY_o.png

So we turn right back around and go to the Iron Shakespeare hallway.

NlZJp9Ei_o.png

And the game reacts to our killing of Trotrur with Buckman making his way down here as well, reuniting with Ser Seymor. We also
failed to meet Seymor before this (I think), so the game takes that into account as well, with Seymor being standoff-ish upon seeing us

C4OmLcZo_o.png

WVFHIQev_o.png

n5sbQpB6_o.png

OTKEfM8C_o.png

"I am still capable of blowing off your head and shitting down your neck", or something to that effect

dQZC9Hex_o.png

xItxSnmj_o.png

A good 'un

2ajoarkI_o.png

9FHJtQUZ_o.png

8DPIaf2U_o.png

So what are you two doing down here, awaiting death at the hands of the iron machine outside?

V0cabOEa_o.png

BWwAYyyT_o.png

$40. Ok.

KPOAkTS7_o.png

Did you know the deformed little midget?

CKOVWqch_o.png

FqZgRjlu_o.png

I believe it.

FKExS3ru_o.png

3cjR1pzp_o.png

Who are you anyhow?

Fb1lVqbM_o.png

b1IWMpZv_o.png

3 guesses who

4g7ha4ko_o.png

pwlFPLgS_o.png

Cc2I2jqA_o.png

I leave them to wallow in their misery. They seem to have a death wish, given that the exit is only a couple of hallways away and this place is dark and sanity reducing.

TxP6vCgK_o.png

The tables behind them cough up some good loot, taking our defenses above 100 with a heavy helmet

iPzpLMFi_o.png

But without much else to do we return back the way we came to explore some more. We did pull a lever of some sort on that level - it should have done .. something.
In one cell we find a lucky coin.

vrgeya6l_o.png

And avoid stepping on the floorboard in another. Careful with those, the nails are infectious.

ewCwNJQE_o.png

We slowly creep past the guard, who's in a dick measuring competition with the ballista bolt.

M7DdpD1H_o.png

..and back into the hallway from the shining. Snakeman is still here, running back and forth searching for us. I'm over here, retard.

Xp6lzFv9_o.png

Would be more discomforting if they were full of emotion tbqh.

T6cRcuHX_o.png

Aaaaand WHACK. Cursed mace goes through the scales like a hot knife through butter. Your dark souls Spider shield won't save you now!

Pxv2RaUS_o.png

He cowers behind the shield. I almost go for another strike, but then remember that this might be preparation for a counter. Then I remember I also have black orb. So let's try that.

Ycl6n1Nv_o.png

3 glittery, pretty bubbles gently massage his torso for 250+ damage. No surviving that.

0gzFdgUw_o.png

He's dead, Jim.

6CZdbisg_o.png

Would you like the snake soul? Why yes, of course I would. Get in the diamond, scaly.

4wqA3qLg_o.png

9WZn6AjA_o.png

Cool. How do i strap it to my forehead to get my portable light torch?

I also get the ring of wraiths. That's the one that we can't take off I think.

vHqEqk0O_o.png

I prefer the leg guards. Aesthetics + protection.

4dAQsBhH_o.png

The lever we pulled had brought up those cage elevators that were so popular in bloodborne. The only way is down. We get inside.

EL0B6nRS_o.png

suEvGIeZ_o.png

And arrive in the darkness of level 4 (? I think)

PsbM2rQj_o.png

The earth seems to be sand or silt. Piles of corpses hug each other in the gelid, subterranean air.

HH2ApgT2_o.png

9HCL5sx9_o.png

One of the stone golems makes an appearance. We don't hang around to study the char.

VZEVsv08_o.png

A strange creature has been chained to the rock wall here. It's a bigger version of the stone golems.

g2CZCDa5_o.png

Eo0zrac4_o.png

.... can i fill a vial with them?

5ZzQbnyE_o.png

Perhaps we don't have an empty vial. Oh well.

A little way ahead and .. a familiar face. We haven't met before, but we know this one. Pocketcat, a character from the book who got caught rubbing his balls and then sent inappropriate messages to a little kid. What a wonderful coincidence to find you here, of all places. At least he's not doing anything obscene. Wait, why is his hand in his pocket...

f9oStSHp_o.png

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
6.3 The only way is down

We met with Cahara (Cavarra?) in the last episode. Let's catch up with how he's doing.

UTt1hhR5_o.png

tgyKrVgY_o.png

So how do you feel?

lvYCskFv_o.png

aYhaHHTT_o.png

I guess. As long as you don't regale me with stories of 'deformed' guards and whatnot.

Dd9nwax8_o.png

Ok let's go. We pop back into the nearby cell and open the treasure chest. A lucky toss and +1 soul stone for the skill tree.

U4zYwy1s_o.png

xjW34VY2_o.png

VezJc5M6_o.png

F8yDiIJv_o.png

After a short nap, we proceed with Cahara back up the way we came, but something is immediately amiss.

z4vHuEM6_o.png

ByVyfWGb_o.png

F6LqVPAq_o.png

VXfSFqwY_o.png

NlZJp9Ei_o.png

And the game reacts to our killing of Trotrur with Buckman making his way down here as well, reuniting with Ser Seymor. We also
failed to meet Seymor before this (I think), so the game takes that into account as well, with Seymor being standoff-ish upon seeing us

C4OmLcZo_o.png

WVFHIQev_o.png

n5sbQpB6_o.png

OTKEfM8C_o.png

"I am still capable of blowing off your head and shitting down your neck", or something to that effect

dQZC9Hex_o.png

xItxSnmj_o.png

A good 'un

2ajoarkI_o.png

9FHJtQUZ_o.png

8DPIaf2U_o.png

So what are you two doing down here, awaiting death at the hands of the iron machine outside?

V0cabOEa_o.png

BWwAYyyT_o.png

$40. Ok.

KPOAkTS7_o.png

CKOVWqch_o.png

FqZgRjlu_o.png

I believe it.

FKExS3ru_o.png

3cjR1pzp_o.png

Who are you anyhow?

Fb1lVqbM_o.png

b1IWMpZv_o.png

3 guesses who

4g7ha4ko_o.png

pwlFPLgS_o.png

Cc2I2jqA_o.png

I leave them to wallow in their misery. They seem to have a death wish, given that the exit is only a couple of hallways away and this place is dark and sanity reducing.

TxP6vCgK_o.png

The tables behind them cough up some good loot, taking our defenses above 100 with a heavy helmet

iPzpLMFi_o.png

But without much else to do we return back the way we came to explore some more. We did pull a lever of some sort on that level - it should have done .. something.

vrgeya6l_o.png

And avoid stepping on the floorboard in another. Careful with those, the nails are infectious.

ewCwNJQE_o.png

We slowly creep past the guard, who's in a dick measuring competition with the ballista bolt.

M7DdpD1H_o.png

..and back into the hallway from the shining. Snakeman is still here, running back and forth searching for us. I'm over here, retard.

Xp6lzFv9_o.png

T6cRcuHX_o.png

Aaaaand WHACK. Cursed mace goes through the scales like a hot knife through butter. Your dark souls Spider shield won't save you now!

Pxv2RaUS_o.png

He cowers behind the shield. I almost go for another strike, but then remember that this might be preparation for a counter. Then I remember I also have black orb. So let's try that.

Ycl6n1Nv_o.png

3 glittery, pretty bubbles gently massage his torso for 250+ damage. No surviving that.

0gzFdgUw_o.png

He's dead, Jim.

6CZdbisg_o.png

Would you like the snake soul? Why yes, of course I would. Get in the diamond, scaly.

4wqA3qLg_o.png

9WZn6AjA_o.png

vHqEqk0O_o.png

4dAQsBhH_o.png

The lever we pulled had brought up those cage elevators that were so popular in bloodborne. The only way is down. We get inside.

EL0B6nRS_o.png

suEvGIeZ_o.png

PsbM2rQj_o.png

The earth seems to be sand or silt. Piles of corpses hug each other in the gelid, subterranean air.

HH2ApgT2_o.png

9HCL5sx9_o.png

One of the stone golems makes an appearance. We don't hang around to study the char.

VZEVsv08_o.png

A strange creature has been chained to the rock wall here. It's a bigger version of the stone golems.

g2CZCDa5_o.png

Eo0zrac4_o.png

5ZzQbnyE_o.png

A little way ahead and .. a familiar face. We haven't met before, but we know this one. Pocketcat, a character from the book who got caught rubbing his balls and then sent inappropriate messages to a little kid. What a wonderful coincidence to find you here, of all places. At least he's not doing anything obscene. Wait, why is his hand in his pocket...

f9oStSHp_o.png
Ah, Pocketcat.
A mascot of the series.
Also appears in Termina.
It seems Cahara ran like a little bitch almost immediately after you recruited him...

Egosphere

Arcane
6.3 The only way is down

UTt1hhR5_o.png

tgyKrVgY_o.png

So how do you feel?

lvYCskFv_o.png

aYhaHHTT_o.png

Dd9nwax8_o.png

U4zYwy1s_o.png

xjW34VY2_o.png

VezJc5M6_o.png

F8yDiIJv_o.png

z4vHuEM6_o.png

ByVyfWGb_o.png

F6LqVPAq_o.png

VXfSFqwY_o.png

NlZJp9Ei_o.png

C4OmLcZo_o.png

WVFHIQev_o.png

n5sbQpB6_o.png

OTKEfM8C_o.png

dQZC9Hex_o.png

xItxSnmj_o.png

A good 'un

2ajoarkI_o.png

9FHJtQUZ_o.png

8DPIaf2U_o.png

V0cabOEa_o.png

BWwAYyyT_o.png

$40. Ok.

KPOAkTS7_o.png

CKOVWqch_o.png

FqZgRjlu_o.png

I believe it.

FKExS3ru_o.png

3cjR1pzp_o.png

Who are you anyhow?

Fb1lVqbM_o.png

b1IWMpZv_o.png

3 guesses who

4g7ha4ko_o.png

pwlFPLgS_o.png

Cc2I2jqA_o.png

TxP6vCgK_o.png

iPzpLMFi_o.png

vrgeya6l_o.png

ewCwNJQE_o.png

M7DdpD1H_o.png

Xp6lzFv9_o.png

T6cRcuHX_o.png

Pxv2RaUS_o.png

Ycl6n1Nv_o.png

0gzFdgUw_o.png

He's dead, Jim.

6CZdbisg_o.png

4wqA3qLg_o.png

9WZn6AjA_o.png

vHqEqk0O_o.png

4dAQsBhH_o.png

EL0B6nRS_o.png

suEvGIeZ_o.png

PsbM2rQj_o.png

HH2ApgT2_o.png

9HCL5sx9_o.png

VZEVsv08_o.png

g2CZCDa5_o.png

Eo0zrac4_o.png

5ZzQbnyE_o.png

f9oStSHp_o.png
Ah, Pocketcat.
A mascot of the series.
Also appears in Termina.
It seems Cahara ran like a little bitch almost immediately after you recruited him...
Yes, and after stealing one of our premium health items as well. I will kill him if I encounter him once more.

Egosphere

Arcane
6.4 Tunnel Vision

So you're a cat?

4559wtP7_o.png

What exactly is so wonderful about it?

1LPvJO1Y_o.png

Uh-huh..

O4EDJBlS_o.png

You're a weirdo

2kbOwrsT_o.png

Keep your paws to yourself

Ey1eQ7Du_o.png

vu40uSSS_o.png

xsCNkeTA_o.png

Three groups in fact. The main races.

TQuX89MB_o.png

Yup

UeClNTb9_o.png

bVmpfxte_o.png

Yes

jSpYiJel_o.png

Precisely

vvc8iO0E_o.png

Also blaming others for failure

rxP4pt6J_o.png

koeo9vMe_o.png

idjoWVQr_o.png

I thought it was pretty obvious. Maybe you can't see too well in that wooden mask of yours.

lT9YKlJp_o.png

It's ok I'm wearing armour. The melanin will bounce right off.

aj8WkAo6_o.png

w3vBRXbl_o.png

iwrlaaG7_o.png

Yeah, ok, calm down.

9ZiXvLo1_o.png

I see

mYYsm1Df_o.png

We leave big P to his antics and pass by the statue of Sylvian I guess. The book represented her as biblically accurate angel, but with nipples for eyes. Much more normal here, if that's her.

qfjTR72g_o.png

We go across the wooden bridge, praying it doesnt decide to throw us into the abyss . And on the other side, we are attacked!

LeDBOuc2_o.png

The dog is mutated beyond recognition, too many teeth for the mouth to hold, 4 eyes to scan the environs. We don't have any meat to throw at the dog, so we throw the bludgeon of our cursed mace instead.

zqU6DlHG_o.png

And moonless is no more.
The path here bifurcates into north and south. I decide to go north, and soon we're leaving the map.

T5BLPVlO_o.png

Awful presence is here

VqApRZPV_o.png

But we slip inside the new map without waiting for any encounters.
We enter the mines proper, full of trolleys and tunnels.

EGfAS2Ae_o.png

Another split path. We try the left, and find a man sitting alone in the darkness. Ghost? Apparition? An enemy pretending to be human? Nein.

4I2QxwR6_o.png

The warning isn't referring to what we've found. The denizen of the mines is quite normal, going by the name of Nosramus.

mXV0ZLgk_o.png

2gJNWBT9_o.png

Pleased to meet you too, Nos!

J3qLqwcS_o.png

... it's a troon ffs

uqbfJBxP_o.png

thJ1q8t0_o.png

Yeah, grab yourself a cuppa and come back here. Much to talk about. But he doesn't, and we're given the control over our character once more.

TWfppO0m_o.png

We try to follow him, but we can't exit the next room, prevented by some unseen force. To the south is a tomb with a full knight set laying upon a sarcophagus

YcU0U5Wh_o.png

There seems to be something underneath, but we don't press our luck. Not liking the look of that armour set.

U3egM8sP_o.png

Thats the kitchen we cant enter. Nosramus in full view.

CpMXU4wP_o.png

So we leave all that behind and take the other path. Here we follow a narrow tunnel into an opening, with an enemy waiting for us. A yellow robed mage. With some information I've gathered from the footage I've witnessed, I know that the mage can blast off our limbs at distance. So we slowly creep along the wall, staying well away from him. He doesn't see us, even with the torch, so we leave him behind and press forward.

d3TIIi3W_o.png

LZlGxIZk_o.png

Another level reached. 6. Still mines. And another split path, well the left one has a head on a pike, so let's not go there.

VYGKYcKq_o.png

Never mind this one has two heads on a pike.

0t3vanyf_o.png

And unfortunately, another mage is waiting for us. The tunnel is too narrow to be breached with 'stealth'. so we rush the bastard.

9YcaPxwV_o.png

Jump around, jump around, jump around, jump up jump up and get down

So1BS3gD_o.png

We whack him in the knees to put a stop to the dance

jQmlNWbo_o.png

And the third attack on the head knocks it clean off. Nice.

h6dMuTxa_o.png

0qTxbW31_o.png

JPfxV37h_o.png

Another soul stone. Two now. Two things to upgrade when I get back to the hex table. We continue forward, and find some blue fish people wandering about. They don't attack, so I approach.

neI5KSUk_o.png

4DJ0Jzt1_o.png

dKsvfD8o_o.png

Hello frendo

JGKIcW5e_o.png

Making monkey noises? Anyways, we leave him be and pick up an explosive vial in a nearby urn.

h4dRD7tY_o.png

Their houses are funny pots of clay just like their urns. Heh, savages.

Skm3QFE2_o.png

They stand around clutching their spears and staring into the darkness. I go about my business, stealing all of their belongings. They don't react.

GGGyibJm_o.png

zbnmOpfr_o.png

There's an interesting detail in one of the houses. Three skulls on a stand, draped in yellow robes. Seems like some yellow mages were on the receiving end of cavedweller's anger.

CCEfWzC6_o.png

Jmffsjdx_o.png

Yeah it's just our imagination
We go upstairs to find a sculpture of what appears to be a giant snakeman arm holding a real decapitated head

Dsiku8JH_o.png

TL3hbzPm_o.png

The hunger disappears at the sight of the skullcrushing hand :)

Anyone home? No.

7QWJ5i05_o.png

More decorations in the next house over. Lovely. Maybe that's the one whose head is in the ornament hand.

d2ntn7pO_o.png

We do find one useful character in the village. A merchant in a stolen yellow turban.

zbxxoOD5_o.png

x0bmLNhp_o.png

With $72 on hand, we splash the cash on some blue vials and one more explosive for a rainy day.

H744YCTJ_o.png

And that's all we got time for today. Next time, we delve even deeper.

Egosphere

Arcane
you are deep all alone. I had a 4 man Party at that point.
Yeah, I don't know how long this run will last, but I did end up going down the rope and even saving my game after that, so we're fine for now. Enki should prove the livelier character for gathering a party, since he can raise dead.

Egosphere

Arcane
Part 6.5: Loop

We walk around the village some more admiring the heads and the spikes. Beautiful sight. Nothing better than putting your enemy's head on a stick.

In a nearby barrel is the scroll of berserk, which we promptly learn.

7X6uRURz_o.png

And beside the barrels, there is a hole in the ground, and it looks like they dropped the decapitated bodies inside (where else would the blood be from?)

EWLkMAzP_o.png

g1aho6y9_o.png

:mixedemotions:growling and moaning

WCxeOROp_o.png

So lets not jump down just yet. The nearby hut has two blues fugging on a carpet whilst their kid listens from the upper floor. Also one of them seems to have lost a limb whilst they were going at it.

CwMzYbca_o.png

And in the corner - rope! Enough to even hang ourselves with. But thats ok, our sanity has enough gas in the tank to last for a while. The treasure chest has some vermox.

QZ7LGZT2_o.png

oqmC5TBp_o.png

1000 fugg stare

jxz7UlBM_o.png

There are a couple of more huts, but nothing much interesting. The location itself seems to short circuit back into the bloody pit, apart from some gangplanks that take us over another precipice onto a separate island.

7I8W6JQ0_o.png

We enter it and get a notice for a new level - altar of darkness. OoOoOhhh.

RUefkOwk_o.png

Roll d20 to not shit yourself. The door on our left leads to some ceremonial chamber. Fancy place. Even has two carpets, and another yellow mage skeleton.

r5W6T0bT_o.png

The room beyond that is interesting. Atop the altar lies a cube. Looks hefty.

QbeZp1GD_o.png

BLJsSIlr_o.png

We feel hungry just looking at the thing.

twV8ATja_o.png

So since we're here, let's take it.

myD8mCrS_o.png

What did Casca expect? It looks like a cube the size of a human head made of stone. And as soon as we pick up the cube, the piano note notifies us that we're being chased. The guard at the door has activated, and now wants to poke us with the pointy end. We juke him.

BUP79tXF_o.png

Enemies thankfully dont follow between maps so we're safe once we reach the door. A strange creature lies upon more gangplanks here past the door.

hhCG50vS_o.png

LPSXJ7rm_o.png

Hang in there bro. Take some opium.

P6ULBdaY_o.png

We can see more land across the precipice, but no way to get there, or at least I missed the way.

60OKqaLs_o.png

We;re back at the village and now EVERYONE is attacking us. Thank god for dash. Pcat is here too.

yTDrAJAm_o.png

A friendly mask

onYXRiLI_o.png

K5tNGQYt_o.png

About 15 mins

LHdfWkk4_o.png

Ask away

CeiUORPY_o.png

hNhowsNJ_o.png

No

jz44F9ZR_o.png

LnUjvKcp_o.png

XkyZ5G06_o.png

ZDQkhTV8_o.png

Uh huh

ITqDTlAD_o.png

pHRIBCfU_o.png

You didnt have to state the obvious but ok

GP9x9H1Z_o.png

zsme77aC_o.png
Maybe. Dont know the etymology of the word.

qp3UcIfW_o.png

4roGMlxn_o.png

Thank god the talk is over
We leave him be, given that we still have no children to offer. Maybe I could try and kidnap the one in the hut? Cut off a guard's face and try and pass him off as human. Naah, too much work.

2pPXKhLY_o.png

We rappel down the pit. The landing is surprisingly uneventful.

NK3y0kVU_o.png

But the source of the sounds is nearby. The bunny party seems to have an even edgier counterpart - the wolf party. These are mostly just tearing each other apart.

R0P45Kuz_o.png

hkt3rc17_o.png

nNIk4uf2_o.png

8AztkQYx_o.png

~Orange what the fuck are you talking about?

sp7si39w_o.png

Lol. Lmao, even. No.
Let's gtfo.

qQ2sKcl6_o.png

The mines take us even deeper, to where the carts are plentiful. I dont like the narrow corridors. Easy to ambush, hard to escape.

NNCc5rk5_o.png

And sure enough, something pops right out of the ground not far from us. Im not risking it.

kXInYw4g_o.png

Another appears, but it doesnt follow us as we run past it.

urMYjgbF_o.png

And down the next corridor we reach level 7, the catacombs. We're in deep! Think that was where I died as Cavarra in the 2nd or 3rd run. So nightlurch level.

2SA1wvSA_o.png

But before delving any further, we find a door that takes us into a tower. The tower contains a spiral staircase, and we spend several screens going up and up and up.

O92gWFRJ_o.png

hKjF3hTR_o.png

On one level, a side room contains an old chair. Should we sit in it?

tKYLhGSy_o.png

4YZB0wJl_o.png

Ktk1lPx9_o.png

Wait, oh no.. it won't ever let us go will it? Oh nooo...

CqaBkLec_o.png

GISKWIaD_o.png

GISKWIaD_o.png

..........................................................................................................

zgdnpcni_o.png

Come on come on come on..

29edNUur_o.png

nJ8I8xXg_o.png

DCSaza8T_o.png

get up get up get up get up get up get up get up get up get up get up get up get up get up

NAYgsV6c_o.png

YES! WOHOO! We're up and out of the chair room. Very nice. And on the next floor above us, we find ourselves back in the prisons, behind the door we couldn't open. With a big enough party, this might be the fastest way to get down - bash the door in with a bunch of explosive vials and good weapons (if you were lucky).

Gngsm1Up_o.png

We sneak past the guard.

oEf2ea54_o.png

Another one catches us in the main room, but that's ok. We've got this.

GiI34H5p_o.png

JEYQDlSK_o.png

And the coin toss by the bed proves lucky! Our game is saved, and our run is looking pretty bright. We have a short trip back to level 7 in front of us.

65LbMvNL_o.png

Egosphere

Arcane
Part 6.6(.6): Mini update

This is a short update on the run. Chatgpt crapped out again so my original post was destroyed, so I've broken it onto 2 smaller chunks of which this is the first.

We awaken from a prolonged nap in the cells. Where are we? Oh right, level 2 (or is it 3?), with the path to level 7 open before us. Let's go.

U8Eq8kRC_o.png

And we rush back down to the tower, going as fast as we can, hoping against hope that we still have enough time to find LeGarde.

eLlin25d_o.png

After one wrong turn, we find the door. Thankfully I already beat the guard to death in the previous episode, so the way is mostly clear.

WxpKpV9y_o.png

And we're in the .. mines? No, back up. Sure enough there's another turn to our right which I missed.

jGWz7jM4_o.png

And here we are. I remember this place. This was where Cavarra fell into in his second run, where the night lurch got us.

myOV9cae_o.png

Im once again given the option to cut down the giant pulsating organ. I do so.

BMhqPwua_o.png

After a little bit of wandering, I stumble upon a closed door. I have a small key in my possession, and I don't even remember how I acquired it.

ZrItUSTt_o.png

And inside, Enki. We've been here as well. But we're short on time and I don't bother speaking with him. Onwards.

oJqAGj9p_o.png

But just like last time, whilst exiting the room, I'm assaulted by the night lurch.

F3gbaDka_o.png

But this time we get an optional message - one that gives us a free out of jail card.

oAvKaHc0_o.png

I can attack, wait, or run. I choose run, but the night lurch has gotten me in the worst location possible. I escape, but I'm stuck on the map, and the combat is immediately restarted.

qyMZVP9y_o.png

Horny

We attack first, taking off his razor clawed hand with one well placed hit.

Sfsvlbjo_o.png

It's his turn..

hUnaJnSn_o.png

And he does not hold back. Two attacks with the other hand give me bleeding, some other status I'm not sure of, and take away almost 30 health. He's also preparing some coin attack, judging by a prompt.
Without any good options, I go for the head. And the gods smile upon me.

fySFJmtJ_o.png

With him dead, I capture his soul with a soulstone.

8P7GQMFs_o.png

ePL2sAKy_o.png

But proceeding forward I find myself in another bind. An elite guard charges from the darkness. I don't have any intention of going through another wringer like the lurch, so I duke him.

Syvvf0Tp_o.png

rGbJfsB5_o.png

And just up ahead stands the lonely metal door.

This is it.

SKnuzDDC_o.png

t0O2BOma_o.png

pUmn2Z7P_o.png

We were 11 minutes too late. Stricken with grief, and a suicidal apathy, we walk away from the blood drenched cell.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

This is a short update on the run. Chatgpt crapped out again so my original post was destroyed, so I've broken it onto 2 smaller chunks of which this is the first.

We awaken from a prolonged nap in the cells. Where are we? Oh right, level 2 (or is it 3?), with the path to level 7 open before us. Let's go.

U8Eq8kRC_o.png

And we rush back down to the tower, going as fast as we can, hoping against hope that we still have enough time to find LeGarde.

eLlin25d_o.png

After one wrong turn, we find the door. Thankfully I already beat the guard to death in the previous episode, so the way is mostly clear.

WxpKpV9y_o.png

And we're in the .. mines? No, back up. Sure enough there's another turn to our right which I missed.

jGWz7jM4_o.png

And here we are. I remember this place. This was where Cavarra fell into in his second run, where the night lurch got us.

myOV9cae_o.png

BMhqPwua_o.png

After a little bit of wandering, I stumble upon a closed door. I have a small key in my possession, and I don't even remember how I acquired it.

ZrItUSTt_o.png

And inside, Enki. We've been here as well. But we're short on time and I don't bother speaking with him. Onwards.

oJqAGj9p_o.png

But just like last time, whilst exiting the room, I'm assaulted by the night lurch.

F3gbaDka_o.png

But this time we get an optional message - one that gives us a free out of jail card.

oAvKaHc0_o.png

I can attack, wait, or run. I choose run, but the night lurch has gotten me in the worst location possible. I escape, but I'm stuck on the map, and the combat is immediately restarted.

qyMZVP9y_o.png

Horny

Sfsvlbjo_o.png

It's his turn..

hUnaJnSn_o.png

And he does not hold back. Two attacks with the other hand give me bleeding, some other status I'm not sure of, and take away almost 30 health. He's also preparing some coin attack, judging by a prompt.

fySFJmtJ_o.png

8P7GQMFs_o.png

ePL2sAKy_o.png

But proceeding forward I find myself in another bind. An elite guard charges from the darkness. I don't have any intention of going through another wringer like the lurch, so I duke him.

Syvvf0Tp_o.png

rGbJfsB5_o.png

This is it.

SKnuzDDC_o.png

t0O2BOma_o.png

pUmn2Z7P_o.png

We were 11 minutes too late. Stricken with grief, and a suicidal apathy, we walk away from the blood drenched cell.
R.I.P. Legarde.
Also you handled the Night Lurch like a real champ! That fight can be nasty...

Egosphere

Arcane

U8Eq8kRC_o.png

eLlin25d_o.png

WxpKpV9y_o.png

jGWz7jM4_o.png

myOV9cae_o.png

BMhqPwua_o.png

ZrItUSTt_o.png

oJqAGj9p_o.png

F3gbaDka_o.png

oAvKaHc0_o.png

qyMZVP9y_o.png

Horny

Sfsvlbjo_o.png

It's his turn..

hUnaJnSn_o.png

fySFJmtJ_o.png

8P7GQMFs_o.png

ePL2sAKy_o.png

Syvvf0Tp_o.png

rGbJfsB5_o.png

This is it.

SKnuzDDC_o.png

t0O2BOma_o.png

pUmn2Z7P_o.png

R.I.P. Legarde.
Also you handled the Night Lurch like a real champ! That fight can be nasty...

Mostly luck. I was going to try and spam the bubble at its torso, but figured I didnt have the health left to go that route.

Egosphere

Arcane
Part 6.7: Casca's demise

Legarde is dead. Our hopes are shattered. Crestfallen, we walk away from the prison cell.

5OxbUkdw_o.png

We do not get far before Nosramus appears.

puQnKlnS_o.png

mfJnQPJV_o.png

PTyZzb13_o.png

Our grim silence is the confirmation

A1CXAbfz_o.png

udj15vsl_o.png

DjsQA5pO_o.png

GVgc2yLg_o.png

g9D5IbZ8_o.png

wWhsNyWT_o.png

One of his sentences was accidentally skipped. I didn't get to read it either. The seeds something something..

bTSvw5Gu_o.png

gXFSDNVH_o.png

CE4YrUs4_o.png

With that, Nosramus walks away and despawns somewhere off screen. The guard that was loitering to the north during the conversation comes down to investigate, but fails to spot us.

lLB05K1u_o.png

We go back to Enki, but attempts to engage him in conversation prove unproductive.

PdF2nVXI_o.png

003v3dR0_o.png

I pray to Alllmer, much good that'll do me.

v3AViKbr_o.png

And then fall into the guard's slipstream. The statues/totems are quite picturesque, although I don't see any tie ins to the lore we know.

Dz8ZBR6N_o.png

We run past the guard and go to the door. Luckily for us, it requires the cube which we still have on us.

qwkqjZse_o.png

9AT9EXGt_o.png

QfwtmScT_o.png

TCoHjCu2_o.png

And with that we'ere in.
The text notifies us of the location - ancient city. Maharbe, then, right?

zxUh9eUF_o.png

It also says that the area appears to be from a distant past. Not sure what that means. As in, we've stepped into the past, or that it's just ancient?
The tiling is pretty cool though, I'll give em that. Don't look too closely at those statues.

6hqoA3m1_o.png

We press onwards and find ourselves in a tomb. A ghoul crawls out of the alcove for the niched burial.

HzAFqZFx_o.png

I'm not really in the mood for a fight, so I just run back and forth for a while to confuse him, before going for the door.

sQ9x7gqe_o.png

Door's locked! Never mind, it's wooden. We bash it down.

D6cvNURY_o.png

Another ghoul appears. They might keep coming the longer we stay here.

5Pa4GH5Q_o.png

An interesting piece of decoration in the corner.

YlkpBCh8_o.png

6shfbQ0c_o.png

YwIn3tJU_o.png

After milling about and losing my way for a bit, I find the exit.
And here we are, finally, in the ancient city itself. The city where the new gods attained their godhood.

zZiHxnWz_o.png

It's somewhat New Londo -esque in themes and appearance, although the majesty of this place greatly outweights DS's analogue

YZ7wd500_o.png

We find a small building and go inside just to get a feel for the area. An abandoned library, not much to find here.

tC6y5t3t_o.png

The statues continue to impart a creepy tone.

ESpD3Kuw_o.png

Another huge statue that sadly remains out of view. Our torch goes out, but not before we pick up another couple in a nearby crate.

fI4Ysd9b_o.png

Another building, this time the doors are barred with a metallic grate. No getting through.

nbP8K0Uk_o.png

v8dLtYsR_o.png

1Snivi7r_o.png

But right beside that is a giant brazier which we can set alight with a tinderbox. Sure, why not.

CLSjGQ5B_o.png

Ah that's better. We even get to see the lever that's placed atop the balcony.

Nkdq0gRj_o.png

Up the stairs, we find another interesting item. A lock, of sorts, that accepts the cube. Before we do that, though, I decide to have another look around and scout the area a little bit.

OgAX2iFc_o.png

On the other side of the town is another brazier which we light. A few buildings stand open for plunder. Unfortunately, good loot seems to be in short supply.

mcdYfb3n_o.png

I walk around, completely assured of my safety, languidly going over the crates, stumbling upon a new item even, when suddenly..

fwz6o3RR_o.png

Something very nasty springs a surprise from the darkness. It's fast, and I bump into the wall in my escape, giving it the time to close the distance. Well shit..

ep7auX6X_o.png

8bN7sYDp_o.png

UehPc3sc_o.png

We're quickly thrown into a coin toss attack. Heads? TAILS!

BFnSj25Z_o.png

wh6nVpML_o.png

Thankfully it's not a one hit kill, but we miss the turn and let it shear off a nice 25 points of our health.

0jhI0YoY_o.png

We reply with the bubble attack on the torso, and hit it for a solid 450+ damage. But it's not enough, the beast whacks us again, and now our HP is below 50. What do? Well, I hoped that a 2nd successfull bubble attack against the torso would be enough, and if not, then the 30+ HP left would be enough to buy us a chance at escape in the subsequent turn. Alas..

WW18XRaO_o.png

One great swipe takes away our HP exactly, and we succumb to the interminable darkness of Maharbe.

Well, that's Casca's run over. Endemic doesn't seem to visit the thread any more, but I'll keep my promise of going with Enki for the next run. Third time, as they say, 's the charm.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Why have you skipped the girl this run anyways?

With magic she can support you quite decently. Going this far with a single character is quite harsh.
What is your plan with saving anyways? Thus far you have restarted every time you got killed.

Egosphere

Arcane
Why have you skipped the girl this run anyways?

With magic she can support you quite decently. Going this far with a single character is quite harsh.
What is your plan with saving anyways? Thus far you have restarted every time you got killed.

I did not have the key, I think, and once I pulled the lever to descend down to level 4 I found it too much hassle to loop back around. Also she needs the knife or the skeleton arm, which would require another detour to the Alllmer / orgy field.
For now I'm cycling through the characters after 2 runs on each, since once you get accustomed to the levels it's really just ~20 mins to get back to where we were. Once we're playing the barbarian, or we're on a superbly lucky run, then I'll stick with it. I think once I level up the alllmer blood portal skill, that'll be the run which we see through to the end.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Missing out on Moonless was the bigger blow. Her + LeGarde would have been a nice party.
Moonless is immune to a lot of the nasty debuffs too.
I guess you could also reanimate a skeleton/ghoul with Necromancy.
Playing as Ragnvaldr would be pretty cool, since you can snipe the nasties of the dungeon with your Bow and Arrows to weaken them/potentially kill them outright.
Enki is also pretty good as a companion.

Egosphere

Arcane
Missing out on Moonless was the bigger blow. Her + LeGarde would have been a nice party.
Playing as Ragnvaldr would be pretty cool, since you can snipe the nasties of the dungeon with your Bow and Arrows to weaken them/potentially kill them outright.
Did you beat the game, or are you playing it concurrently?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Did you beat the game, or are you playing it concurrently?
Didn't beat it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom