Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lunacid - first-person RPG inspired by King's Field and Shadow Tower - now on Early Access

Arthandas

Prophet
Screenshot-2023-11-02-164916.png

:despair:
heh, only now?
pAUJRK1.png
What speedrun category is this?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"In a fantasy world you can be whatever you want" sounds exactly like the car argument. The "why ride a horse, bro, just use a car, it's fantasy!!! *drools uncontrollably while jaws hang lose*".

Tenebris

Scholar
Fantasy needs consistency otherwise it's just a jumbled mess of shit. This argument they use of "it's fantasy that's why anything can happen!" is stupid.

Kruyurk

Learned
Fantasy needs consistency otherwise it's just a jumbled mess of shit. This argument they use of "it's fantasy that's why anything can happen!" is stupid.
And when there are too obvious current societal ideas shoehorned into a game it easily breaks the fourth wall, even for ideas that I could agree with. I would enjoy having ideas that I don't agree with in a game if they were introduced in a subtle and nuanced way.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last edited:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Someone please do an edit of that file and make a pronoun called "Nigger/Faggot" and post it here, I'm not buying the tranny game just to do it.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
The name annoys the hell out of me - is it “Luna cid” or “loon-acid”.

It has to do with the moon from the lore, so I say Luna cid. Although the game has a certain acid trip vibe to it, and the dev seems to be the type to dabble in drug usage, so perhaps it's Loon acid.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, he got what he wanted when he posted that he was adding pronouns to make people mad. They love attention so much.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1745510?emclan=103582791470715224&emgid=3773513676617442259
Hi addressing some complaints here. Version 1.0 added pronouns to character creation in Lunacid, which some people are upset about because they exist, and some people are upset because they think it’s a cheap tactic to make people mad, and that I’m hurting people who normally use them.

Originally yes, I did add them as a spiteful response to a similar drama about Starfield. Earlier than that when I noticed them in Baulder’s Gate 3 I was happy that I could be my NB self, and thought wow I really should have added them in my Character Creator. I’ve had similar ideas about adding a gender slider in the past. But that idea didn’t really have a purpose in my eyes until I got mad that day.

Some people who are quoting my tweet have also been leaving out my second one, where I clarified a bit because I thought it could be interpreted badly. I said this under my “I’m adding em, Just to make people mad”,

In a fantasy world you should be able to be whatever you want.

I do think it helps roleplaying a bit, even though there’s no place they are used in-game. I tried to think of some scenarios when they would be used, but talking about the player in third person only happens once in the game, and it’s after the final boss anyway.

Games should be a safe place, where we can experience a world we cannot in real life. And while pronouns are more and more commonplace in real life, where I live in NC, they are not. Which gives me more of a reaction than some to outrages over this small thing.

I wanted to use my control over my world, but I understand that Lunacid isn’t just mine. It belongs to all of you. If you don’t like pronouns existing at all, you are going to have a tougher and tougher time coping as the world progresses without you. And if I hurt you because you feel that I weaponized your differences or your pain, then I am very sorry.

I want this game to be uplifting, I want it to be a dream in which you can experience triumph over impossible odds and then wake up at the end and bring newfound confidence with you. In reality I am just emulating the dreams I had when I was near ending my life. They became lucid and when I triumphed in them and woke up, I brought those feelings with me, and they helped me. That’s what this game is about, and if I’m doing the opposite then I’m not a very good game designer

yeah he went full troon with this... troll people then get mad when people are trolled? insanity. the (((progress))) line also stands out as fucking cringe and is directly inserting his politics into the milieu of the game.. now THIS is the type of shit that pisses me off and makes me not want to support them.. also the "if you don't like pronouns existing at all.." is retarded motte and bailey bullshit because obviously the issue isn't the grammatical concept of pronouns itself...

it's over

lightbane

Arcane
It's always the same words, passive aggressiveness, and the retarded "society is evolving bro!" (I remember reading something the 70s were a reaction to the inanity of the 60s, history repeats it seems). For what's worth the dev made an actual product instead of just whining endlessly.
Also, first he says the pronouns are not used, then he mentions they are used once before the final boss. Which one is it?
Lastly, are they any "they" type characters? Because it's fucking stupid whenever they is used in singular.
Citizen Sleeper took the cake for having dialogues with two "they" characters and one "he" in the same conversation, which was peak inanity.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Pretty much describes what this game is. It's just a hodge podge of anime and anime game references. Had no idea this was a tranny game but in hindsight it makes sense.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I bought it on discount during Early Access for cheap because I loved the King's Field/Arx Fatalis vibe the screenshots gave off.

Then 1.0 hits and it adds retarded pronouns, also the characters are mostly retarded anime references and jokes. Would be a better game without any writing at all, unironically.

lightbane

Arcane
Checked a few videos just to be sure. It's indeed a copy of Kings Field, only for die-hard fans that have nothing better to play. There are uses of the "they" pronoun right after starting (something about an entity that hides a secret and is referred as "they"), and the NPCs look so weaboo-tier of anime, that they clash with the surroundings.

Wait for a discount, if at all.

If you are a die hard fan of King's Field I don't think this is going to do much for you. You'd be better off replaying a King's Field or Shadow Tower game.

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I bought it on discount during Early Access for cheap because I loved the King's Field/Arx Fatalis vibe the screenshots gave off.

Then 1.0 hits and it adds retarded pronouns, also the characters are mostly retarded anime references and jokes. Would be a better game without any writing at all, unironically.
yea, i played it back according to steam, in april and it was fun. i actually forgot i had this game til i saw that i had commented in this thread before...oh well.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
What a shame that this game couldn't make it to the finish line before the troon developer let his mental illness seep into the game in the form of being intentionally inflammatory towards people who might have supported his game. It's a good thing I didn't buy it in early access and was waiting for a release version. My policy with these types of people is that I don't give a shit if they're a loony troon as long as their game is good or appeals to me in some way, and they have the self-control to keep their current year politics out of it, it's easy to separate the art from the artist right up until the point the dev starts acting like a total faggot and starts having a meltdown on social media while trying his hardest to piss everyone off that wasn't already committed to the alphabet mafia. If he had launched the game without the pronoun drama I probably would have bought it.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
What a shame that this game couldn't make it to the finish line before the troon developer let his mental illness seep into the game in the form of being intentionally inflammatory towards people who might have supported his game.

What a shame some people are so mentally ill that they won't play a game because the dev included some words

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom