Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Mask of the Betrayer Review

Micmu

Magister
Trial? What the hell? You've probably chosen the worst example (as if there is any :lol:).
There is absolutely NOTHING "meaningful" there. Only lines are different. Everything degrades down to the very same outcome - trial counts shit and you have to do yet another fight to the death.
All the evidence, people you helped, etc, etc, means absolute shit. It only changes the cutscene/dialogue a bit during the trial which you can safely skip.... Win or lose - apparently the trial isn't "recognized" and you have to fight. I don't know why they even bothered.
KOTOR's crime scene investigation kicked this shit's ass so hard it isn't even funny.

P.S.: this was the place where I stopped playing this crap, seeing there are no redeeming qualities. And having that goddamn bitch forced in my party didn't help either.

P.P.S: God Bless MoTB

vrok

Liturgist
Mommy! The bad man used a bad word!

I'd like to see these prudes play The Witcher and find out their moms suck dwarf cock.

roshan

Arcane
Jeff Graw said:
Eh, not all of the comments are negative on the Bioware forums, and I have to agree with a couple of the posters there too. VD doesn't really need to use swear words (and it does make him look a bit immature), and while I don't have a problem with calling out idiots, it could be done more subtlety.

I see nothing wrong with blatantly stating that those that dislike the spirit meter are idiots and morons. I think to sugarcoat it would be unethical - they deserve to know the truth about themselves.

The only thing I think is wrong with the review is that it is overenthusiastic.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
roshan said:
I see nothing wrong with blatantly stating that those that dislike the spirit meter are idiots and morons.
People can like and dislike features without anyone calling them idiots. I said "If you failed to understand this feature, odds are you’re a fucking moron.", since a lot of people simply couldn't figure out what it is and how to handle it.

Some moron from the Obsidian forums: "Will removing the curse with the console screw up the game you think ?"

The only thing I think is wrong with the review is that it is overenthusiastic.
What's wrong with that?

The_Pope

Scholar
You should be more profeshunul. Say whatever you like, but say freaking instead of fucking and slap a 90 on the end of a hypefest and 70 on anything else regardless of the rest of the review.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Matt7895 said:
Trial. And the events preceding that as you gather evidence.

If you're rude to a woman who asks you to bury the dead of Ember, for example, then she testifies against you at your trial. If you piss of Shandra then she doesn't offer her support either.

There's lots of different meaningful dialogue options in the trial, and you can even end up being found guilty even though you are innocent.

Yet despite the outcome you still end up fighting Lorne. So you have choices, but no consequences, thus making those dialogs not so meaningful.

Deleted member 7219

Lulz, whenever VD writes a negative review (like the Oblivion review) he gets praised for it; when he writes a positive review people hate him for it.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Such are the ways of teh intarnet. Oh well...

Some chick just called me juvenile and offensive on the Bio forums, so at least I accomplished something.

Azarkon

Arcane
What you're seeing on the Bioware hosted NWN 2 forums is a process of natural selection, by which the gamers infatuated with the Bioware style are increasingly being replaced by those who are, more or less, similar to the Codex in sensibility.

I have always believed that the game determines the audience, and not vice versa. It stands to reason, then, that with a switch in style, Obsidian is also going to attract a different audience than the standard chattel. This is the reason you don't see a flood of the usual Biowarian retorts. Oh, they're still there, but it's more and more the case that they're becoming the minority - and it shows in their desperate, belligerent posting styles.

Lumpy

Arcane
Romances were poorly implemented, game was too easy, spirit meter was poorly implemented, nothing felt "epic" at all, poor and rushed character development, poor decision not to bring back characters to any useful extent from the OC. No decent cinematics. Lame ending(s).
Lollerskates. Chapter one was one of the most interesting and well structured pieces of gaming I've ever played.

Deleted member 7219

When was the last time there was an invasion of the Codex? Must have been back during the development of Oblivion.

Starwars

Arcane
Hahaha, VD got reported on the Bioware forums, and by one of the most annoying guys on there as well. :lol:

Vault Dweller

Developer
"Your personal attacks and insults in the RPG Codex MotB Review are unacceptable and contrary to the Rules of Conduct. Since you seem to be well aware of the rules and choose to disregard them anyway, I've chosen to add a temporary suspension of your posting privileges as part of this warning. If you choose to continue this type of posting behavior in the future you will run the risk of something more permanent."

:(

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Do not worry, VD, they, the Obsidian guys, seem to actually like you a whole bunch, but appearances must be kept.

Lumpy

Arcane
Personal attacks on an official forum got you a warning. Who'd have thought?

Haraldur

Augur
Did I not read that right or are they suspending him for something offsite?

Vault Dweller

Developer
a) They got me suspended. b) What personal attacks?

People called me "tool" and "idiot" on the first few pages of that discussion, which was ignored by the mods. Then I referred to a really stupid "the game isn't epic enough" post as idiotic and suddenly I'm suspended. I PM'ed the mod who suspended me, but haven't seen any reply yet.

Lumpy

Arcane
I believe it's because you weren't a poster back when they were calling you stuff.

Deleted member 7219

Vault Dweller said:
"Your personal attacks and insults in the RPG Codex MotB Review are unacceptable and contrary to the Rules of Conduct. Since you seem to be well aware of the rules and choose to disregard them anyway, I've chosen to add a temporary suspension of your posting privileges as part of this warning. If you choose to continue this type of posting behavior in the future you will run the risk of something more permanent."

:(

VD can you tell me the name of the moderator who did that? I will PM him too. It is a disgrace that you have been suspended from there.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Ok, I got a reply. My sarcasm caused bad feelings and lowered self-esteem in some cases. Can't be tolerated.

The mod said:
What personal attacks and insults?
Examples:

"That is quite possibly the most idiotic post I've read in a long time. Care to explain any of your points, my not overly bright friend? Or do you also suffer from a "personal sense of logic"?

The above is nothing but an insult.

"[in response to the guy who said that he reported this thread] Good job! I hope you, like, get a medal or something. We must recognize and reward everyday heroes like you."

Posts like that are just sarcasm, yes, but it's meant to belittle and insult and does nothing but cause bad feelings and contribute to flame wars on the boards.

If you disagree with my decision, feel free to take it up with the community co-ordinator, Chris Priestly or with Rob McGinnis. If they feel I've jumped the gun, they'll reinstate your posting privileges and I'll gladly apologize to you.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Matt7895 said:
VD can you tell me the name of the moderator who did that? I will PM him too. It is a disgrace that you have been suspended from there.
It was the Cinnamon Bun boy. Or Cinnabar Din. Something like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom