Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Metaphor: ReFantazio Thread - Atlus JRPG by Persona Veterans

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
looks pretty gay so Im probably going to play it
combat seems to be mix of turn based and real time where u can decide when to swap to turn based mode which can be good

This trailer was actually a surprise. I was not expecting that bit of real-time combat. It almost looks like they’ve expanded the sneak attack into some kind of Persona 5 Strikers type thing that will then go into the turn based combat.

As much as I do wish the character designs stayed more in line with what they originally showed for this game, I am really liking the overall art direction of this game. Atlus is out here showed that art direction can go a long fucking way to making a game look great. Persona 5 is low budget game created for the PS3, and I doubt this and Persona 3 Reload are really pushing things that much beyond the PS4 version of P5.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
From the creators of = like 4 people, 3 of which were playtesters or from some studio outsourced to make grass texture assets that never got used in the final game.

Readher

Savant

Metaphor: ReFantazio Will Be a “Different Experience” When Compared to Persona 5, Says Atlus​

https://noisypixel.net/metaphor-refantazio-different-experience-from-persona-5-says-atlus/

Still trying to fool people, I see.

From Atlus to All Fans

As exemplified by the Shin Megami Tensei and Persona series, Atlus has produced many contemporary titles, many of which have provided a unique experience to all players.

And now, after the massive support from Persona 5, Atlus will now be tackling a new type of game: a Fantasy RPG, one that could not be fully portrayed within the framework of a modern RPG.

This is a commemorative title that marks the culmination of Atlus’ policy of “originality and empathy” through the “fantasy RPG” genre, and is not simply a nostalgic return to the roots of the past.

“If you stand still in fear of uncertainty, you will never be able to move forward.” The scenario and gameplay are built around this message. Metaphor will be created with the same mindset as Persona 5 and deliver “a different experience that satisfies your curiosity”.
The fuck is he even saying here, literal rambling.

Falksi

Arcane
Think it looks pretty good tbh. Just refreshing more than anything else, nice blend of outlandish anime, fantasy and future elements. Certainly better than waiting round for the next shite Final Fantasy sequel or indie Chrono Trigger wannabee.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I spoilered the tweets so they take less space.. They include short clips.

A look at combat initiation.

Is this a "Persona"?

This is totally not Persona.

Non-silent protagonist.

Readher

Savant
This one wins for the more stupid tripe title in human history.
Pq5uWR6.png

As much as I liked the original, more classical fantasy look, and missed it at first. I’ve warmed up to the kind of Howl's Moving Castle direction they took the style.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
This kills the Squeenix. My initial kneejerk reaction to the first reveal of the game was disgust, but it really does look more like a fantasy RPG with Persona flavor instead of being a straight up fantasy Persona game. A GOOD fantasy RPG from all that I've seen and heard. 2024 is looking to be a very strong year for Atlus.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
If we're talking about names, I would have gone with Metaphor: ReHasheezio, personally. At least then the devs would stop pretending they're treading entirely new ground with this game.

That being said, the change in setting is enough to pique my interest, even if the character designs are virtually indistinguishable. The main thing stopping me from trying a Persona was the drab urban-fantasy world, along with the focus on, eugh, "social links".

I didn't beat it, but even just the first few hours of SMTIII were enough to purge from my soul any desire to talk about my feelings of internalized homophobia in-between bouts of no-holds-barred, press-turn demon slaying. The only acceptable rest stops in a game that borrows pages from fucking Revelation are to buy new items and to fuse your small warband of killy demons into even more-killy killy demons.

I just hope it features Dante from the Devil May Cry™ series.

Spike

Educated

Character designs are absolute fucking ass. What an absolute shame that they didn't go with the original art style, and went with the 08/15 animu one instead. Trailer itself looked very meh, and so will probably be the game. Music was nice though, gave me SMT:SJ vibes.

:keepmyjewgold:

Have a hecking downvote.

EDIT: I'm s-sorry :oops:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom