Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

Scathing. The biggest points of criticism:

Combat still isn't usually too tactical outside of bosses

ranged characters often aren't allowed to take a pop at an enemy standing right in front of them because officially they're around a corner

it's weighed down by an obviously low budget and the mechanical sacrifices of jumping back a decade

He also predicts the retail price to get slashed by 20% immediately after launch. Sounds like it might be the worst Might and Magic game yet.

Last edited:

catfood

AGAIN
It's obvious the guy didn't even play the game. He wrote those 5 paragraphs based on some info that circulates around the net and some trailers. Anyone can do that.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
There's nothing "niche" about either RPGs (see: Skyrim) or turn based games (Candy Crush). Hybrids were rare for a long time, but Shadowrun Returns and Puzzle Quest have already brought them back into the mainstream.

alkeides

Arcane
Patron

Scathing. The biggest points of criticism:

Combat still isn't usually too tactical outside of bosses

ranged characters often aren't allowed to take a pop at an enemy standing right in front of them because officially they're around a corner

it's weighed down by an obviously low budget and the mechanical sacrifices of jumping back a decade

He also predicts the retail price to get slashed by 20% immediately after launch. Sounds like it might be the worst Might and Magic game yet.

Get out of this thread. You are not one of us.

And where exactly does his predict the price to get slashed?

GrimoireFTW

Learned
even though I already own this on steam early access im inclined to torrent it. I went to start the game last night to check out some of the classes before release and it was a nightmare just to get the game started. First its telling me the game cannot start because it cant find uplay launcher, even though I never touched or modified it and to try reinstalling the game. OK so I remove the game then reinstall, same fucking shit. so I uninstall uplay and delete every trace of it on my hardrive, same fucking shit. Then I find some obscure link to reinstall uplay on my system, I download it and it refuses to install saying there is already a newer version installed on my pc when in fact there is not. I go through my hardrive and remove any trace of uplay or ubisoft folders left over, same thing I cant install uplay. Finaly I open up my registry editor and go through the whole thing deleting any trace of uplay or ubisoft.

finaly after all this im able to install uplay so I can play my "demo" of might and magic. The funny thing is looking at forum and internet posts trying to figure this mess out I see this problem go's back to at least 2008 from some of the forum posts I saw. so fuck ubisoft, last time I ever buy a uplay product, those fucking niggers

Stabwound

Arcane
So, how bad is the DRM here? I hate to spread rumors from the internet, but someone said they installed the game, came across a chest early on, opened it and the game said "you must be connected to uplay to open the chest."

I mean is the guy being a troll fuck or what? They did talk about uplay-unlocked dungeons so this doesn't bode very well for me.

GrimoireFTW

Learned
The ~cracked~ version is out but something tells me it's not the full release.

3DMGAME-Might.Magic.X.Legacy.Multi14.Deluxe.Edition.Cracked-3DM

It's like 4gb and the release day patch is 8gb so this cant be legit.

the full version by reloaded is indeed 4.35 gigs.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Yes, a bunch of chests are online-only, but you don't need any of them to beat the game. And the game is small because it has a negligible amount of voice acting and no HD textures.

Giskard

Augur
Just played about an hour and a half or so, just created party (Warrior), wander around Sorpigal-by-the-Sea, and finish the spider quest.

All I want to say is,

Hello old friend, it is so good to see you again.:love:

Am really loving it so far, major :incline:. It really does capture the feel of the MM 3 - 5 games of old.

Stabwound, I installed from Steam, it installed Uplay and after quick registration, no issues, but I guess I will see how many spam emails they send me.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, how bad is the DRM here? I hate to spread rumors from the internet, but someone said they installed the game, came across a chest early on, opened it and the game said "you must be connected to uplay to open the chest."

I mean is the guy being a troll fuck or what? They did talk about uplay-unlocked dungeons so this doesn't bode very well for me.

It was one chest where you could enter a promo code from Gamescom to get a promotional helm. It's not there anymore I think, they moved that functionality to the main menu.

Last edited:

Stabwound

Arcane
The ~cracked~ version is out but something tells me it's not the full release.

3DMGAME-Might.Magic.X.Legacy.Multi14.Deluxe.Edition.Cracked-3DM

It's like 4gb and the release day patch is 8gb so this cant be legit.

the full version by reloaded is indeed 4.35 gigs.
Yeah, saw the Reloaded one. Gonna demo that first before I buy. I got burnt once on wasteland 2, not gonna happen again.

Yes, a bunch of chests are online-only, but you don't need any of them to beat the game. And the game is small because it has a negligible amount of voice acting and no HD textures.
I hope you're joking about the online only chests. I also heard something about online onlly dungeons. This shit has to stop.

Arkeus

Arcane
So, playing the steam version. Of course it also makes you use uplay, and it -seems- to be the complete version, but the Uplay still says "Early Access". I tried entering my steam key in the 'unlock' part in case we need to, and it just told me "this key was already redeemed by another account".

Is it because i am using Steam and there is no problem, or did someone somehow stole my game and i'll be locked out after act I?

Stabwound

Arcane

It was one chest where you could enter a promo code from Gamescom to get a promotional helm. It's not there anymore, they moved that functionality to the main menu.

There are no "Uplay unlocked dungeons", but there will be an exclusive dungeon for owners of the Deluxe Edition.
Thanks, bro. Makes me feel better now.

I wonder what the Deluxe Edition even means. I see the ~pirate~ version calls itself the deluxe edition, but who knows what that even means.

GrimoireFTW

Learned
So, playing the steam version. Of course it also makes you use uplay, and it -seems- to be the complete version, but the Uplay still says "Early Access". I tried entering my steam key in the 'unlock' part in case we need to, and it just told me "this key was already redeemed by another account".

Is it because i am using Steam and there is no problem, or did someone somehow stole my game and i'll be locked out after act I?

can you access all of the classes in character creation? cause in the early access a lot of them were locked

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera

that chest is for getting stuff from promo codes you redeemed, like the ones they gave out at gamescom. as for the uplay-unlocks. all ubisoft games have so called actions that give you uplay points (in this case finishing chapters and some rewards that can be unlocked for uplay points. that's all there is to it. other than that uplay is comparable to steam, including offline mode, and usually runs way better than origin.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

It was one chest where you could enter a promo code from Gamescom to get a promotional helm. It's not there anymore, they moved that functionality to the main menu.

There are no "Uplay unlocked dungeons", but there will be an exclusive dungeon for owners of the Deluxe Edition.
Thanks, bro. Makes me feel better now.

I wonder what the Deluxe Edition even means. I see the ~pirate~ version calls itself the deluxe edition, but who knows what that even means.

Actually I have to take that second sentence back. There IS a "Uplay unlocked dungeon", although it doesn't require you to be online (except when you activate it, of course): http://uplay.ubi.com/en-GB/news/might-magic-x-legacy-uplay-actions-rewards

Meow Dungeon - For 40 Units
Unlock the exclusive Supreme Temple of Meow. To reach this Dungeon, you need to go to Karthal Slums and reach these coordinates: [6.2].
You will meet a female Rakshasa called Tamina. Talk to her to take her quest. She will teleport you in this fabulous dungeon, full of cats and mysteries!
As long as you haven’t completed the quest, you can talk to Tamina to return to Karthal or come back to the dungeon.

Beware, you never know what is hiding around that next corner! And that won't be a cute kitten!

Note that those units don't cost money, you get 'em for doing things in the game. They're achievements that you can spend, basically.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

Uplay is notorious for flagging legit keys as stolen/already in use. About 5% of all MMHV keys purchased through the Uplay store were rejected immediately after purchase. This might just a glitch, but otherwise you'll have to contact Uplay support (not Steam).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom