Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I'm having a hell of a hard time finding how to get the boxed version though. The MMXL site has drool-worthy information on what it contains, then a link to Uplay store to buy one.... and that link keeps giving me a server error. Anyone else have something more tangible?

The boxed version popped up on Amazon UK today - according to their customer service, it's the Deluxe Edition. Just ordered one, here's hoping I wasn't lied to.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Might-Magic-Legacy-PC-DVD/dp/B00HT5WSPY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1389984562&sr=8-4&keywords=might and magic x

Tigranes

Arcane
I was literally going to buy it right now, but Uplay? Seriously? What exactly is the status of it at the moment? Is it basically negligible now, or is it still the bullshit it used to be?

There is no way I am installing the old spyware Uplay unless it's Beyond Good & Evil 2.

Stabwound

Arcane
If you want, purchase the game and then crack it later to remove the uplay bullshit. Pretty easy solution, and you get to sleep better at night knowing you didn't rob Ubisoft of their precious earnings. Then again, doesn't this game have a bunch of in-game unlockables for getting Uplay points? Fuck.

Tigranes

Arcane
Playing without 'unlockable' bonuses is a negligible price for avoiding Uplay. I'm not a fan of pirating though, well, we will see. Game does look good.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The unlockables are completely minor and not really anything worthwhile AFAIK.

Dungeon Meow, a Hireling, and an exclusive set of relics. Utter garbage aimed at Furries and min-maxers.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So how is the DRM on this thing? thinking of preordering the boxed version, but if its mandatory uplay all the time I might skip it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So how is the DRM on this thing? thinking of preordering the boxed version, but if its mandatory uplay all the time I might skip it.

Not to be an asshole mate, but not only does this question get asked once each two pages, you can literally find the answer in the first post of this page :M

That said, I suggest the same route for people who dislike U-Play. Purchase to support Limbic bros, acquire through other means to avoid U-Play.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Fuck it - just ordered this from Amazon (hope it's the deluxe edition). I'm loath to install additional spyware on my PC, so I might end up playing the TPB version in the end - but I can't help but support incline of this magnitude, annoying DRM be damned. :salute:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
WHY DOES AMAZON HERE NOT HAVE THE BOXED VERSION? HELL WHY DON'T THEY HAVE THE GAME AT ALL :x

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I wish us Americans could get the boxed version. :negative:
But honestly, at this point I just want to play the damn game (and review it) to hell and back. I am very autistic about Might & Magic!

Last edited:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
But honestly, at this point I just want to play the damn game (and review it) to hell and back. I am very autistic about Might & Magic!

If you want it superbad, I could see about getting it and mailing it to you or something?

That sign... it reminds me of something...

OWydII.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
So, the boxed edition is just deluxe, right? No standard boxed edition? And it's around 30 euros?

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
So, the boxed edition is just deluxe, right? No standard boxed edition? And it's around 30 euros?

VonVentrue on the last page said he talked to Amazon's customer support and they claimed that the box they're selling is the deluxe edition, so there's hope. On the other hand, Amazon's CS doesn't always know what they're talking about, though, so there's no way to be sure until people start receiving the boxes.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is no standard edition box. Standard edition is digital download.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

If you want it superbad, I could see about getting it and mailing it to you or something?

I will be contacting you very soon.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm not going to mail 80 sets to 80 random people, but to one or two bros I might.

Bear in mind the shipping will probably be a bit expensive from DK though. And that's provided I can even find a shop that sells them. All that said, I'd be happy to do it if possible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom