Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's hardly a difficult decision. Each one of those games belongs to a different subgenre. Pick your favorite.

Disgruntled

Savant
That's hardly a difficult decision. Each one of those games belongs to a different subgenre. Pick your favorite.
I dont know if I have a favorite. Blackguards looks like a great TB battleground but i hear its a bit linear. Divinity seems more open but its still early alpha/beta. MMX lacks that dynamic isometric action yet its the closest to a complete experience atm.

eh, Ill probably get magic. Not often spoilt for choice these days.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Which will give me more bang for my buck right now; MMX, Blackguards or Divinity OS?
ignoring the fact that they are very different games, i'd say divinity, despite being the most expensive, mainly due to multiple ways to do stuff, allowing you to try and break the game with the pyramids and magic and co-op.

Disgruntled

Savant
Which will give me more bang for my buck right now; MMX, Blackguards or Divinity OS?
ignoring the fact that they are very different games, i'd say divinity, despite being the most expensive, mainly due to multiple ways to do stuff, allowing you to try and break the game with the pyramids and magic and co-op.

Ah well. Already checked out with MMX, ill get Divinity eventually.

Alchemist

Arcane
So, I bought MMX on Green Man Gaming yesterday - which gets me only the Uplay key (no Steam). It was a few dollars off list price so I figured what the heck...

Man, what a mistake I made. How I wish I had the Steam version now. The Ubisoft Autopatcher is horrendous, frequently dropping the patch downloads, and I've spent half the day trying to get these patches downloaded. I dread when the final version comes out and I'll need to download even more.

I'm assuming patches go much more smoothly on the Steam version?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So, I bought MMX on Green Man Gaming yesterday - which gets me only the Uplay key (no Steam). It was a few dollars off list price so I figured what the heck...

Man, what a mistake I made. How I wish I had the Steam version now. The Ubisoft Autopatcher is horrendous, frequently dropping the patch downloads, and I've spent half the day trying to get these patches downloaded. I dread when the final version comes out and I'll need to download even more.

You should have read the discricption. It says if it gives a Steam code or not.

Disgruntled

Savant

Heh. I just went through the same nightmare, getting so far as the autopatcher causing boot issues on windows start up.
Eventually found the manual updates and almost done downloading that way.
https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/offical-patches

Would have been nice to see them advertised more clearly before i went through the uplay ordeal.

Alchemist

Arcane
You should have read the discricption. It says if it gives a Steam code or not.
I already knew I wasn't getting a Steam code... I just was voicing my regret on the decision, and hopefully steering others away from my poor choice.

Heh. I just went through the same nightmare, getting so far as the autopatcher causing boot issues on windows start up.
Eventually found the manual updates and almost done downloading that way.
https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/offical-patches

Would have been nice to see them advertised more clearly before i went through the uplay ordeal.
Ah cool! Thanks for that link - will definitely grab patches from there in the future.

I played just now for a couple hours and I love it! It still blows my mind we have a new turn-based blobber like this with modern graphics and a decent budget. The new age of incline has begun!

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
male_bladedancer.jpg

Them there are cocksucking lips.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Funny, but if these open environments are killing PCs then I'm not sure when iPads are gonna be able to run this.

Unity: A Defense Against Tabletization.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
That's a really nice looking box. They did a great job with it. But that idiot got his fingerprints all over it! BE CAREFUL! :x

The map and the manual look great also. I swear I could almost smell them as I was watching.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The map and the manual look great also.

Speaking of the map, they seem to have taken all the art-related criticism to heart - the WIP one sure left a lot to be desired. It's rather doubtful they ever intended to stick with it, but it's a pleasant surprise nonetheless.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom