Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Commandos-Like Mimimi Games shutting down

VerSacrum

Educated
Nice to see Karl May mentioned, one thing that struck me odd in Desperados (I managed to get a full playthrough recently) was that there were no Indians (were there even any?). I mean the redskin variety, not pajeets.
Muh Kulturelle Aneignung

La vie sexuelle

Learned
By the way - what kind of pervert use this picture as a logo?

Mimimi_logo.svg

Elttharion

Learned
Don't look at the logo of Sweet Baby, the company they consulted with on their last game.

The name of this consulting company has been repeated in recent months. This name is strangely disturbing.

What is the symbolism of this vortex?
The spiral/vortex/loop is a well known pedo symbol, even the US 3 letter agencies recognize it as such. The fact they put it in a baby is even more telling.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Don't look at the logo of Sweet Baby, the company they consulted with on their last game.

The name of this consulting company has been repeated in recent months. This name is strangely disturbing.

Sweet Jesus Christ, it's not just the name. There's also the logo, and the entire website design - https://sweetbabyinc.com

All those swirly hypnotic twisters and random big eyes following your cursor, it's like a fucking Diablo level, WTF. This entire thing is thoroughly satanic in every single way you look at it. Merely loading the website makes me feel like I should go to confession.

?????????????

At this point they're essentially laughing in our faces.

Ryzer

Arcane

Sweet Jesus Christ, it's not just the name. There's also the logo, and the entire website design - https://sweetbabyinc.com

All those swirly hypnotic twisters and random big eyes following your cursor, it's like a fucking Diablo level, WTF. This entire thing is thoroughly satanic in every single way you look at it. Merely loading the website makes me feel like I should go to confession.

?????????????

At this point they're essentially laughing in our faces.
At the bottom of the page, you have the name of the designers of the website and a link.

When you click on the link you are redirected to this website:
https://lutalica.studio/
Group-307.png

Frame-2022-1280x960.png

Web_Mockup-1-3-1280x960.png

Studio Lutalica is a design and consultancy agency for feminists and queers, run by feminists and queers. But just because we’re proud of our identities, doesn’t mean we’re an exclusive club! We work with brands, organisations and individuals who share our commitment to improving the lives of women and LGBTQ+ people. Like the communities we represent, our work breaks down boundaries and challenges expectations.

-M-

Educated
It's only been around for ~5 years but major developers have to bend the knee to them for some reason even if in doing so results in the death of their studio.

Per this video. it's almost certainly because the giant asset managers like Blackrock and Vanguard will pull investments if the companies don't pay lip service to "progressive causes".

I guess Mimimi just went to the wrong people for funding.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I suspect that in return for financing, game producers have to use these strange consulting companies that are powered by the same sources. I think I'm starting to understand why, games tire me out more and more and I don't even care about their announcements. Codex has become the last place that still connects me with games, mainly through schadenfreude.

Besides, games are just the tip of the iceberg, everything works this way now. Year by year, the world becomes an increasingly disturbing place.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
So I'm never going to get a new Commandos game am I?

This fucking blows.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Mimimi_logo.svg
In German "mimimi" basically means "waah waah waah", so the picture fits.

It's the sound you make to describe a petulant child's annoying complaints.
When somebody always nags and complains to you, you dismiss his rant by saying "mimimi" like how in English you'd say "boo-hoo".

Kind of ironic considering they went bankrupt after fucking up their games with ESG shit, then whined about it.

Cologno

Educated

Mimimi_logo.svg

When somebody always nags and complains to you, you dismiss his rant by saying "mimimi" like how in English you'd say "boo-hoo".

Kind of ironic considering they went bankrupt after fucking up their games with ESG shit, then whined about it.
That might very been what they thought they were going for, but for their ideology it becomes revealed preference. Or that's the safe way to bet, anyway.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Mimimi_logo.svg

Still quite a surprising choice. The names of the studios reflect either specific features ("Troika" - three founders; "Obsidian" - black rock or the New Black Isle; Larian - because Swen had a dog named Lar) or random names that sound cool at a given time ("Nihilistic Software" - owner is an edgy fear; "Sir-Tech" - because they are as talented as they are laid back; "Golden Era Games" because Cleve takes you back to the Golden Era). Older studios had to imitate other computer companies to be taken seriously ("SSI" - Strategic Simulations, Inc; "New World Computing" - a new era in gaming). Japanese simply pick up a dictionary - Hudson Soft, Nihon Falcon, Monolith Soft, Enix, Level-5.
Who call themselves "Crybaby"?

Mimimi_logo.svg

That might very been what they thought they were going for, but for their ideology it becomes revealed preference. Or that's the safe way to bet, anyway.

You assume logic among dialecticians. Don't you know that capitalism is in crisis and will collapse because of its inability to balance the costs of wage labor? They are always one step away from victory. That's why naming the studio this way is so peculiar to me.

AfterVirtue

Literate
You assume logic among dialecticians. Don't you know that capitalism is in crisis and will collapse because of its inability to balance the costs of wage labor? They are always one step away from victory. That's why naming the studio this way is so peculiar to me.
Please, you mean the tendential fall in the rate of profit; there's that, all right, but also the contradiction between the needs of capitalism as a perpetual profit growth, competition and tendency to monopoly, need of labour exploitation (value-theory) and the rise of unfettered technocracy (see Heidegger and Emanuele Severino).

Crybabies, that's an apt name for either their development as a studio and for for whoever self-recognize as a "gamer".

Cologno

Educated

Mimimi_logo.svg

You assume logic among dialecticians. Don't you know that capitalism is in crisis and will collapse because of its inability to balance the costs of wage labor? They are always one step away from victory. That's why naming the studio this way is so peculiar to meme.
I know. I was referring to the logo and broadly alluding to leftists' penchant for liking children (and if "like" needs spelling out to you, you're a fucking idiot). It's cheap, I'll admit, nowhere near as sophisticated as uh...exploring the vacancy of logic among dialecticians...but fuck it, principles don't apply in war.

AfterVirtue

Literate
Last edited:

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Please, you mean the tendential fall in the rate of profit; there's that, all right, but also the contradiction between the needs of capitalism as a perpetual profit growth, competition and tendency to monopoly, need of labour exploitation (value-theory) and the rise of unfettered technocracy (see Heidegger and Emanuele Severino).

Crybabies, that's an apt name for either their development as a studio and for for whoever self-recognize as a "gamer".

leftists' penchant for liking children
That's funny, actually. You would find that historical labour movements were rather the opposite of this. There is a french book on... well not about this, but broadly this too https://www.amazon.com/New-Spirit-Capitalism-Luc-Boltanski/dp/1859845541

Of course, the perspective might be different... eh what the hell surely it isn't your own. Should still be interesting, nonetheless.

My brother in Marx - I cannot take responsibility for the views of the caviar left. I can only report them.

Mimimi_logo.svg

You assume logic among dialecticians. Don't you know that capitalism is in crisis and will collapse because of its inability to balance the costs of wage labor? They are always one step away from victory. That's why naming the studio this way is so peculiar to meme.
I know. I was referring to the logo and broadly alluding to leftists' penchant for liking children (and if "like" needs spelling out to you, you're a fucking idiot). It's cheap, I'll admit, nowhere near as sophisticated as uh...exploring the vacancy of logic among dialecticians...but fuck it, principles don't apply in war.

Even stupidity has its depth. We can break it down into prime factors. Intellectualization protects us a bit, because the more you look at stupidity, the more stupidity looks at you :D

But isn't this a general feature of the darker aspects of the human soul?

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
"Sir-Tech" - because they are as talented as they are laid back;
Sir-Tech initially was registered as Sirotech Software which obviously comes after the name of the 2 brothers who brought money into it - Robert and Norman Sirotek. Sir-Tech is an attempt to make it look more like high tech firm than local auto repair shop, alcohol store or hotdog stand.

Also it's gonna be real funny when high ESG score will start being associated with unprofitable business, but knowing the investment world they will keep pouring money into it until it works.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom