Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Commandos-Like Mimimi Games shutting down

La vie sexuelle

Learned
"Sir-Tech" - because they are as talented as they are laid back;
Sir-Tech initially was registered as Sirotech Software which obviously comes after the name of the 2 brothers who brought money into it - Robert and Norman Sirotek. Sir-Tech is an attempt to make it look more like high tech firm than local auto repair shop, alcohol store or hotdog stand.

So they started as a serious company in 1979, but because English people had problems with pronunciation in 1981 they switched to the cooler Sir-Tech.
Also it's gonna be real funny when high ESG score will start being associated with unprofitable business, but knowing the investment world they will keep pouring money into it until it works.

I'm afraid the old snake will simply put on a new skin. For example, a "Global Human Development Index" will be established, which will include a section on video games, combined with the "Developing Countries Social Support Fund".

Spukrian

Savant
What is the symbolism of this vortex?
Maybe it's a lollipop.

660px-Lollipop-Rainbox-Swirl.jpg

Hmm...

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges

I never played any of their games, but the more I learn about the company, the happier I am that they're gone. I recently learned that they almost went out of business after Shadow Tactics because they didn't have a follow up project lined up. They only survived because THQ Nordic quickly gave them the task to build Desperados 3. It seems that they learned nothing from this near miss as they decided to gamble everything on Shadow Gambit's success without any follow up projects. Also, they refused to work together with one of Germany's more well-known game journalists because he had put pictures of game-show-babes on his website in this past and they felt that he didn't do enough penance for this heinous act. Don't get me wrong, I hate journalists, but I hate this kind of virtue signaling more. If you want to know more, here's a translation of the journalist's rant on the topic:
The most annoying rejection, however, was that of Mimimi: During the triggersensitive, ideologically-correct preliminary research, this lighthouse studio for inclusion had noticed our babes galleries. I summarize below reading between the lines, but halfway making sense. Mimimi: "If you dumb Neanderthals don't do this woman-discriminating criminal filth any more, we'll be happy to work with you, because we really appreciate your work, hihi, we'll just write that down now, then it sounds friendlier." Me: "We haven't done Babes galleries in four years, so the documentary works out then?" Mimimi: "Uh, well, but no, you haven't distanced yourselves from the galleries or deleted them or publicly whipped yourselves or best of all all three, so we still don't want to work with you, and that we appreciate your work very much, we already wrote, even if we didn't mean it that way."

As evidence Z then still the following link was pasted reproachfully. If you follow this link and click the "Next" arrow three times, you might realize that the imputed misogyny behind the Babes galleries may not be as clear-cut as the self-important missionary mind wants to make it feel.What annoyed me even more: From the multitude of controversial user comments arguing for and against the Babes galleries, the Munich know-it-alls picked out two very unpalatable ones indeed. Two from, I don't know, 2000, over the years of the Babes galleries. But not as outliers, of course, but exemplary.

What I found most pulse-pounding, however, was the schoolmasterly from-up-down tone in communications, here as an example:

"We lack a clear statement on ending the galleries or at least cleaning up the offensive content. We couldn't really tell that you communicated your changed attitude to the outside world."

This is the self-aggrandizing intolerance of the know-it-all, who accepts nothing but an unconditional surrender of the other person, who doesn't care about nuance or explanation, and who, precisely by doing so, does a disservice to the very cause of equality (which I support!). And no, we don't delete comment threads with hundreds of expressions of opinion (because that would be a consequence of "cleaning up" the galleries after the fact). And we generally stand by our content, even if we wouldn't publish it today.
Wtf, I love Jörg Langer now?

Thanks for digging that up. Sadly, not very surprising, basically this describes almost all higher educated Germans from the millennial generation or later. The country is filled to the brim with this kind of emasculated, preachy, self-important cucks and male feminists.

Ah well, fuck those losers. Good riddance.
I had a look at a few games by that generation and absolute nothing of value is lost. No skill beyond cobbling together some levels in Unity, that's why they already fail with stuff like savegames and have to railroad you to checkpoints where they save that you reached it and discard everything else.

What's particularly disturbing are games that clearly have a specific predecessor and then it turns out the developers haven't even bothered to play those games. It's reminiscent of the episode in The Simpsons when Homer is supposed to design a car and his brother insists that they don't tell him about it until the premiere so he can't get involved

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Even stupidity has its depth. We can break it down into prime factors. Intellectualization protects us a bit, because the more you look at stupidity, the more stupidity looks at you :D

But isn't this a general feature of the darker aspects of the human soul?

Kinf of, the division into Eloi and Morlock is already in full swing

Don't fall for this lie of the elites. Every person has an element of greatness, even if it is deeply buried. However, proportions depend on the person. That's why we can break the chains of propaganda and reach for the stars, or, with everything under our noses, fall into the abyss.

Sweet Baby Inc. and their powerful owners are dragging us into the abyss, but not everyone will fall into it.

Burning Bridges

No what I meant was that there will always be a Sweet Baby Inc and enough fools who buy such crap, but no one forces you.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
I guess all our future hopes ride on solo projects made by lone Russians in their basements.
Most of them are dead now
Russia is so desperate for IT professionals now saying you mod Fallout probably gets you Moscow high rise apartment w/ state mandated gf

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom