Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

More Deus Ex: HR stuff.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Because I was accused of making shit up in my earlier post about manufactured excitement…
I have been reliably informed that not a single gaming journalist got excited about Deus Ex: Invisible War. Everybody knew from day one that it was going to suck, and nobody generated any false hype. What sort of fool am I, lying about something like that?

But what’s this? Santa Claus delivering a late package? My heavens, it’s full of Truth Bombs!

From IGN’s IGN’s hands-on Invisible War preview:

We’re lucky. We have a near final build of Deus Ex: Invisible War that contains the entire game minus some tweaking and bug hunting. We’ve been playing it and are more than happy to tell you about our adventures in Deusexland because they have been good.

From GameSpot’s “updated preview” of Invisible War:

Based on what we’ve played, Deus Ex: Invisible War is an impressive follow-up that appears to be fulfilling the promise of the first game. Fans of the series or anyone looking for a change of pace will want to watch for this one.

CVG/PC Zone had a few hype-generating words to say in their preview:

With ground-breaking adaptive AI, cool futuristic weaponry, multi-branching storylines, unscripted challenge-solving and four different endings, Invisible War is a sci-fi action RPG that everyone should be gasping to play.

Let’s compare, now, with previews of Deus Ex: Invisible War Human Revolution, due to come out later this year.

IGN seemed to like what they saw at their E3 hands-off preview:

I didn’t actually get any hands-on time so I can’t say how the game actually feels to play, but what I saw looked great.

Yes, it looks great! Who needs to bother with any of that silly stuff like actually playing the game when it merely looking great is all a game needs to achieve greatness.

Of course nobody can know for sure without some hands-on time, but for now, even if you’ve never played a Deus Ex game before, this is definitely one to keep an eye on.

Similar language to GameSpot’s preview of Invisible War, there - we’ll want to watch this one with a keen eye. Or something.

Maybe EuroGamer have something better to say about Human Revolution:

While you’re there you might even be able to dabble in some extreme violence and air ducts, and there’s certainly a datapad with a code on in the toilets. The presence of Australian NPCs and mirrors is yet to be confirmed. The more things change, the more they seem to stay gloriously the same.

And that - somewhat early on in what will be a glowing preview of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, by the way - is the message I want to convey. This is, recognisably and joyfully, a true Deus Ex game - we can stop worrying and start tentative negotiation with the hype train.

Ducts, codes, toilets… it’s everything we could have hoped for and more.

Less than halfway into the first of a four-page preview and the writer can’t wait to fill his underwear with baby batter.

Let’s see what Dale “Destructoid is the McDonalds of game journalism” North thinks:

Last week I was invited to Eidos’ Montreal HQ to get a better look at Deus Ex: Human Revolution. If you haven’t seen much of it yet, know that this game is easy to appreciate.

Blimey, first two sentences. A new record.

My feeling is that Deus Ex: Human Revolution has to be one of the most thought-out, overly detailed games ever made. The end result is a game that’s very impressive, from every angle. It seems like they haven’t missed a thing.

Oh, good. Once I play Human Revolution I can hang up my joypad and retire from gaming.

There is every possibility that Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be a remarkable game, a an absolute joy, a tour de force. All I’m saying is that people were saying these exact same things about Invisible War, a game which most people will concede is a shitfest.

So there we are. Research. You’re welcome.

It worked on this side.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Another video

http://www.gametech.ru/cgi-bin/show.pl? ... s&id=19463

What a pathetic piece of shit

Bonus points if you'll explain to me the difference between "Agressive" way of completing the room (where the player shoots everyone and throws grenades) and "Adaptive" way (where the player shoots everyone and throws grenades)?

"Stealth" is a pathetic shit too - he kills the dude 3 meters away from another dude - and that dude keeps watching wall

Apparently "various ways of completion" for consoletards is killing one less guy in the same fucking room? Because the video proves once again that the game is a one linear corridor.

zeitgeist

Magister
MetalCraze said:
Apparently "various ways of completion" for consoletards is killing one less guy in the same fucking room? Because the video proves once again that the game is a one linear corridor.
Those videos are proving to be pretty counter-productive actually, this one and the one before (with the female narrator) appear to show the same thing with slight variations "just for fun" to most viewers, and I haven't seen many people react positively to them.

MapMan

Arcane
Major_Blackhart said:
So, did anyone else have no sound for that vid or was it just me?

It's muted by default, you can turn the volume up by pressing on the "bars slider" or whatever its called.

Flanged

Scholar
Jean-François Dugas: Yes, if you're new to the Deus Ex world it's entirely standalone. But here and there there are flavours of the old game. Even in this E3 demo there are three or four Easter eggs. Tong, the references to the Triads, a familiar string of music with a bad guy and the mention of Versalife.

Eurogamer: Was there also an advert for the lemon-lime soft drink that Gunther Hermann prefers to the orange?

Jean-François Dugas: [Baffled silence] Erm. Okay?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/eidos ... iew?page=2

I fucking hate that cunt.

sser

Arcane
Developer
That turret had some disturbingly simple targeting mechanisms.

Take down: ENEMIES. Which aren't me, you can distinguish between us, right turret?

Black

Arcane
Seeing him CARRY a fucking turret made... I think... I've lost something.
DA2 is so stupid and terrible I could laugh about it but this is entirely different league.

sser

Arcane
Developer
3MH8j.jpg

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
MetalCraze said:
Bonus points if you'll explain to me the difference between "Agressive" way of completing the room (where the player shoots everyone and throws grenades) and "Adaptive" way (where the player shoots everyone and throws grenades)?
Aggressive mean going into the room in armor guns blazing. Adaptive means using environment and throwing grenades around. Basically if you played AP and listened to Darcy explanation how would he do that mission, that's the adaptive way. (Of course if you did that mission as he said, he would complain he was forced to hide all that dead bodies.)

AP had three archetypes. (and both recruit and veteran which basically violated these archetypes) Now lets see if DX3 would offer more, or less (and basically copy AP).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://vividgamer.com/2011/03/25/highli ... -optional/

Eidos is listening to their forums goers, as user Graeme mapped out why that feature is bugging him so much. Instead of just telling him that it was wrong or banning him from the forums, they’ve “stickied” his thread for all to see. Moderators are actually asking for people to post criticism, so long as it doesn’t devolve into trolling. But their kindness doesn’t end there.
There is now a poll asking if people want that highlighting in the game or not. “Modify highlighting; have ON/OFF toggle in options menu” is currently winning, and it ‘s something that I hope personally wins. Why would you vote for “Remove all”?

good move.....

Oesophagus

Arcane
Well that does it, all my hopes for a decent game just went right out the window. I really wanted to suppress the idea of :decline: in my mind, but I guess it cannot be doubted as of this point. Truly, we are at the very battlefront of standards in gaming...

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
- Retarded cover system

- Health regeneration

- Uninteractive 3 seconds long killing cutscenes

- Enemy radar that also shows where enemies are looking

- Retarded stealth:

a) lol I fucking told ya they will be watching the opposite side of the corridor the player is coming)
b) dudes seem to be fucking deaf too, not being able to hear a guy 2 meters away

- Noooo skyway, there will be non-linearity baaaw - look when you play non-stealth you can just come and kill everyone and when you play stealth you can just come and kill everyone too but you can LARP that it was non lethal takedown even if there's no fucking difference at all

- 3rd person for redundant shit like climbing down the ladder because consoletards would've needed to move their head up or down to climb - and also to help you magically see surroundings even though you are behind the wall

- "alternative" paths which at times are the same fucking corridor just 2 meters to the left - and if you are a blind moron - paths also shine in yellow - so "it will show how creative you can be while playing the game". Especially if we will put in as much retard helpers as possible making you do nothing yourself.

- enemies don't even go nowhere they just stand there, right in the middle of a corridor, doing nothing at all. They stand and stand and stand and stand watching walls. Even if their buddy is getting cut to pieces 10 meters away

Absolutely perfect RPG, 10/10 except where the fuck is RPG there?

Seems like a full collection of what makes for an ultra-shitty console shooter

Everything is as I predicted except I didn't expect it to have Alpha Protocol's level of dumbing down. Please keep crying that I'm wrong

The ukranian cleve of general gaming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom