Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

More Deus Ex: HR stuff.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Shit Skyway, perhaps it even will be awesome. Wouldn't be the first time you moaned and bitched about a game untill you actually got to play it.

Personally I didn't expect much from the game untill I read a preview in a local mag which harped on about the game basically trying to do everything the original DE did. It also stated that the game was delayed once again untill Q3 2011 and that the devs had basically got carte blanche to take all the time to get it right. Doesn't make me enthousiastic. Does mean I am now interested to see how it will turn out.

MetalCraze

Arcane
In the recent few years only about 2 games I moaned about were OK enough but I still was right about their flaws.

Yet both still showed potential - Mirror's Edge and Stalker CoP - and they both were PC oriented

Here we have a sequel that is already vastly inferior to the original by the sole fact that its focus is shooting only and it has the most boring gameplay to ever come to shooters (popamole) compared to which DX gunplay seems ideal.

So what's the point in hoping it will be good?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
You forgot to mention at least Dead Rising 2 and the last GTA. Console ports which you both liked.

The assumptions you make about the gameplay and quality are also just that, assumptions.

So, what's the point in spending so much time on proclaiming it will be shit?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
MetalCraze said:
In the recent few years I moaned

Fixed it for you.

Skyway, all I've ever seen you do is bitch and complain. Usually about games that aren't released, but are sure to be crap because they're not DLC for ArmA. I'm beginning to suspect it is because unlike most of this forum, you're not passionate about games and upset that they are being dumbed down. You just hate computer games in general and feel a need to vent your bile somewhere. Maybe you should hook up with Jack Thompson and the two of you could go hate every single unreleased or recently released game in private?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
MetalCraze said:
When dozens of threads about how awesome HR is will be spammed on Codex I will remind you about "mildly optimistic"

Motherfucker stop making this about something else. You said to Ulm, specifically, that the way he acted was why we can't have nice things. And was being mildly optimistic.

If you stopped being so goddamned focused on making everyone disagree with you, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't. Hell, I believe almost everyone on this forum agrees with your basic statement; "we can't have nice things because motherfuckers keep buying putrid mass-produced bile."

THINK man, before you rage. Develop some nuances.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
If we assume a person is as critical when evaluating the quality of a user review as he is when determining if he likes the product being reviewed, we can assume said user will find the product agreeable if he found the reviews worthwhile.

Grunker said:
Sorry to say it guise, but I'm with Skyway on this one. It sounds as though there will be little to no alternative routes or free roaming in this game. Of course I don't know, but I get the feeling that choices are narrowed down to which way you shoot your way through, and not which exploratory route you take through maps and which order you deal with things, like in the original.

http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php ... us#1444134

I posted this months ago, but it should help you.

MetalCraze

Arcane
- Retarded cover system

- Health regeneration

- Uninteractive 3 seconds long killing cutscenes

- Enemy radar that also shows where enemies are looking

- Retarded stealth:

a) lol I fucking told ya they will be watching the opposite side of the corridor the player is coming)
b) dudes seem to be fucking deaf too, not being able to hear a guy 2 meters away

- Noooo skyway, there will be non-linearity baaaw - look when you play non-stealth you can just come and kill everyone and when you play stealth you can just come and kill everyone too but you can LARP that it was non lethal takedown even if there's no fucking difference at all

- 3rd person for redundant shit like climbing down the ladder because consoletards would've needed to move their head up or down to climb - and also to help you magically see surroundings even though you are behind the wall

- "alternative" paths which at times are the same fucking corridor just 2 meters to the left - and if you are a blind moron - paths also shine in yellow - so "it will show how creative you can be while playing the game". Especially if we will put in as much retard helpers as possible making you do nothing yourself.

- enemies don't even go nowhere they just stand there, right in the middle of a corridor, doing nothing at all. They stand and stand and stand and stand watching walls. Even if their buddy is getting cut to pieces 10 meters away

Absolutely perfect RPG, 10/10 except where the fuck is RPG there?

Seems like a full collection of what makes for an ultra-shitty console shooter

Everything is as I predicted except I didn't expect it to have Alpha Protocol's level of dumbing down. Please keep crying that I'm wrong

Peter

Arcane
Yeah, looks like it's gonna offer a couple of predefined ways to make it through a particular small area, not open levels as in DX, which is disappointing. And that glow is goddamn annoying.

Still, while it won't be as good as DX, it still looks decent, especially when compared to other games that tried to fool people into thinking they're faithful to classics, like Bioshock, FO3 and the new XCOM. It has quite a lot of shitty stuff in it (cover system, regen health), but it also has some stuff going for it (augs that seem well done, some freedom, inventory tetris).

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Hopefully you can turn the glow off. Either way, I await this game with mixed anticipation.
One thing to remember though: they haven't really showed us outside playable levels yet, simply interior ones. If I remember in the interior levels, there was only a few ways to really go thru each level anyway regarding how to complete a mission (via avoidance thru the ever helpful tunnels, grates, vents, occasional sewage river, dark space, and simply watching the patrol routes of enemies and using those, or sometimes distracting them with a thrown object, though this was infrequently used for avoidance and more for a silent takedown via the prod).
They had the locked doors to pick and hack thru, the computers, etc, but still, in the original DX in the interiors there was only a few ways to go thru a level silently. Versalife was an excellent example of this, in the upper levels especially. A few vent entrances by the elevator, bathroom, guardroom, and bam you could go anywhere, because they were all connected. Then there was the peaceful route of simply opening the platform door with an access code and walking around without being disturbed by the guards. I'm sure there were one or two other ways to get into the versalife building. For instance, after you crash the party, you have to go back in, and to do that, you could go to the tunnels in hong kong that were blocked off due to violence, and go thru the back way, or you could be ballsy about it and simply go thru the front gate.
Where the game really shined was the big open levels, like the Hongkong hub or like NY hub or even the first level at the island. Hopefully, this game will be able to use level spaces like that to a similar degree.

Oesophagus

Arcane
You can really tell that the woman in that trailer is reading from a card/has a pre-written script. So basically that video doesn't tell you what the game is really like, since it's just what the developers are trying to tell you. I don't know, I'm not even hoping for a DX anymore, just a decently enjoyable game. From the vid it seems much more like Splinter Cell than anything else...

baronjohn

Cipher
Did anyone count the number of crates in those videos? I stopped at 10000.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Damn I hope you can turn off the yellow glowing thing,climbing down those glowing stairs looks silly.
Still the game looks better than I hoped.I am optimistic(hope that wont get me banned)

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
MetalCraze said:
- Retarded cover system

- Health regeneration

- Uninteractive 3 seconds long killing cutscenes

- Enemy radar that also shows where enemies are looking

- Retarded stealth:

a) lol I fucking told ya they will be watching the opposite side of the corridor the player is coming)
b) dudes seem to be fucking deaf too, not being able to hear a guy 2 meters away

- Noooo skyway, there will be non-linearity baaaw - look when you play non-stealth you can just come and kill everyone and when you play stealth you can just come and kill everyone too but you can LARP that it was non lethal takedown even if there's no fucking difference at all

- 3rd person for redundant shit like climbing down the ladder because consoletards would've needed to move their head up or down to climb - and also to help you magically see surroundings even though you are behind the wall

- "alternative" paths which at times are the same fucking corridor just 2 meters to the left - and if you are a blind moron - paths also shine in yellow - so "it will show how creative you can be while playing the game". Especially if we will put in as much retard helpers as possible making you do nothing yourself.

- enemies don't even go nowhere they just stand there, right in the middle of a corridor, doing nothing at all. They stand and stand and stand and stand watching walls. Even if their buddy is getting cut to pieces 10 meters away

Absolutely perfect RPG, 10/10 except where the fuck is RPG there?

Seems like a full collection of what makes for an ultra-shitty console shooter

Everything is as I predicted except I didn't expect it to have Alpha Protocol's level of dumbing down. Please keep crying that I'm wrong

:hmmm:

What's with the yellow piss filter? This looks really ugly D:

Oesophagus

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Yes it's prerendered and fake and the game is going to be totally different

Why so angry all the time?

The game may well be shit, I'm just saying that if you turn off the sound in that vid you get a completely different impression of the game, if the woman is not TELLING you what you should think

SoupNazi

Just a correction about one thing (I cbf arguing with Skyway anymore and I haven't even been here for a year) - unlike Alpha Protocol, non-lethal and lethal takedowns will mater here because if you just knock enemies out they can wake up or be found by their teammates and be awoken and then look for you throughout the entire level (not just the area you knocked them out at) so yeah.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
SoupNazi said:
Just a correction about one thing (I cbf arguing with Skyway anymore and I haven't even been here for a year) - unlike Alpha Protocol, non-lethal and lethal takedowns will mater here because if you just knock enemies out they can wake up or be found by their teammates and be awoken and then look for you throughout the entire level (not just the area you knocked them out at) so yeah.

Nice.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Will different people treat you differently depending on how you play? Obviously, if you fucking John Wayne True Grit big shit walking tall it through all the levels, you will have a fan or two, but will you also have detractors? Will this also change how your enemies react to you later on? Does it have any kind of impact on the atmosphere or NPCs around the PC?

Vibalist

Arcane
Link doesn't work, zeitgeist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom