Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mystic Land: The Search for Maphaldo - Old school RPG inspired by W7 and EoB

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Jester.jpg

Personally I can see the jester as a support class with crowd control shit in the form of distraction and a few unique decent dmg skills, at least thematically.

In the end it's about abstraction and it all depends on how the dev conceives the class, it can work both as a support or a powerhouse.

I'm ok with both variations, and Wardance sounds cool.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Another repost from X/Twitter

We just finished work on "rest" module.
Will still be balanced a bit probably, but the main code is done.

We wanted to have a bit of variety of the "rest / camp" representation depending on your current location.
Hope you'll like it.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
Again, a repost from X/Twitter.

We are still working and polishing the "fight module", but decided to show off a short clip of it.
The start against a very much OP opponent at this stage was fantastic, and so, we thought, worth sharing.

And I do believe Wiz 7 fans will get that "oh, this looks familiar" feeling - and it's intentional ;)

Monster audio still missing, before you ask - there will be growls and ouches and similar stuff added as well ;)

negator2vc

Scholar

We are still working and polishing the "fight module", but decided to show off a short clip of it.
The start against a very much OP opponent at this stage was fantastic, and so, we thought, worth sharing.

And I do believe Wiz 7 fans will get that "oh, this looks familiar" feeling - and it's intentional ;)

Monster audio still missing, before you ask - there will be growls and ouches and similar stuff added as well ;)

The semi transparent combat info panel looks a little strange with the movement arrows being visible beneath the combat text.
I think it's best if it's opaque instead.
Wizardry 7 UI was the best in this with movement panel completely fading out and combat panel fading in when player enter combat.

Casual Hero

Augur
I'm still of the opinion that there should be an option to remove the directional arrows, because none of us are going to navigate the game by clicking on those tiny icons.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer

The semi transparent combat info panel looks a little strange with the movement arrows being visible beneath the combat text.
I think it's best if it's opaque instead.
Wizardry 7 UI was the best in this with movement panel completely fading out and combat panel fading in when player enter combat.

OK, fair point.
Will ask the artist to make the panel non-transparent.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
OK, let's try something.

Can those that think the semi-transparent panel is weird and that we should do the panel opaque (so non-transparent) react with YES (and others NO)?
Just so we can see how many people are bothered by it.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
If you want what's best for your game, I advice you to not take faggly fingers grauken seriously and make the panel non-transparent.

:Flash:

Arcane
I think that in a game with this kind of oldschool aesthetic there should be no transparency generally. Transparency was not something that was done with 256 colour graphics and only came en vogue with 3d accelerators.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
If you want what's best for your game, I advice you to not take faggly fingers grauken seriously and make the panel non-transparent.
I want to make the game you guys will want to play, so I'll go with what gets the most "votes" (reactions) to my previous post ;)

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I want to make the game you guys will want to play, so I'll go with what gets the most "votes" (reactions) to my previous post ;)
Stop right there, you developer scum! (joking)

Make the game that you want to play.

Don't listen too much about what we say. Some feedback, yes, but in the end... it's your game.

what you showed up with already looked cool, so just follow your vision.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer

Don't listen too much about what we say. Some feedback, yes, but in the end... it's your game.

Of course, of course (check the barbarian harassment above :P - Just kidding Eryfkrad ;) )
But smaller requests, I can still grant if I see that there are more than 1 person requesting them ;)

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik

Of course, of course (check the barbarian harassment above :P - Just kidding Eryfkrad ;) )
But smaller requests, I can still grant if I see that there are more than 1 person requesting them ;)

Understandable and very nice of you.

Just, please, be careful with some “opinions” people post here.

Good luck and have fun developing your game.

Last edited:

Gandalf

Arbiter
I voted YES!, but transparency didn't bother me that much. It just that arrows look a little weird. The background that surround arrows look cool, I think. So, I'd say just get rid of arrows and leave the transparent background. Making the box entirely black would look worse. That's ma 2 cents.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Just, please, be careful with some “opinions” people post here.
In general, you won't find better opinions on classic blobbers anywhere else. Many here joined due to Grimoire (myself included).

Making the box entirely black would look worse.
It doesn't have to be black. Same dark grey color as the character box backgrounds is better.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Another repost from X/Twitter

We just finished work on "rest" module.
Will still be balanced a bit probably, but the main code is done.

We wanted to have a bit of variety of the "rest / camp" representation depending on your current location.
Hope you'll like it.

dope

good foley and pixel art

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom