Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I don't know about you guys, but after watching the latest stream yesterday, I'm very much looking forward to this game. You Jews never stop complaining.
Sounds like something a (((fellow white))) would say.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
More updates to my NWN:EE write-up. (normal maps, x64 version and customizable UI confirmed for future)

How do you have the energy to write so much about these games for no compensation? I’m not complaining—please keep up the good work especially on NWN—but what in the world is your motivation? I can see how the let’s play style reexaminations could be fun to write up. On the other hand, compiling a detailed list of all the Baldur’s Gate companions seems really tedious. Is this just an OCD style compulsion combined with pseudo-religious zeal (nothing wrong with that) or are you using performance enhancers to boost your output? If the latter, can you give us a baby’s first guide to juicing in order to write extensively without the goad of a paycheck? Plz?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Er, what’s the etiquette for quoting a post that then gets deleted? I’m going to hide it under a spoiler tag until someone tells me different.

How do you have the energy to write so much about these games for no compensation? I’m not complaining—please keep up the good work especially on NWN—but what in the world is your motivation? I can see how the let’s play style reexaminations could be fun to write up. On the other hand, compiling a detailed list of all the Baldur’s Gate companions seems really tedious. Is this just an OCD style compulsion combined with pseudo-religious zeal (nothing wrong with that) or are you using performance enhancers to boost your output? If the latter, can you give us a baby’s first guide to juicing in order to write extensively without the goad of a paycheck? Plz?

Hah! I have no want of money; I'm not on the bones of my ass like most Codexers. But yeah, I'm surprised burn-out hasn't come, too. When it does, I'll just drop it - but continue to post on the 'Dex.

So you’re a gentlewoman of leisure? I guess that would explain it, although I still suspect sweet stimulants are involved in the lack of burnout and regard your dodging of the question as a tacit admission that not all RPG-loving nerds have to be squares, too. But if I’m wrong they will definitely cure any burnout down the road and possibly make your content more entertaining (for a very broad definition of entertaining).

While we’re on the subject of cash, would you, or any other well-heeled codexians reading this, consider chipping in for a quick professional English translation of Fallout: Sonora, the Fallout of Nevada sequel (Nevada was great and made Resurrection loook like the pale imitation it was), once the new one is done in Russian? The plebs here scoffed when someone said it might cost a few thousand dollars. But if there are really a few more patricians around then maybe there’s hope. I’m certainly willing to kick in the cost of a quality bathrobe, say a few hundred, if we can find someone reliable who’s near native in both Russian and English. These fan translations take too long and I think it’s worth pooling some money to create a real incentive for someone to get it done.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/...t-by-the-developers-of-fallout-nevada.214780/

Sorry to all for going so far off topic. Forgive me, codexians, thanksgiving raped my brain.

Last edited:

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
If it helps, I'd totally help translate Fallout: Kurwa if such a project ever shows up.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
A lot more negativity than I expected in this thread.

I bought this and played around with it. The number one thing it does is make it possible for me to run Neverwinter Nights again, something that I haven't been able to do reliably in a 64-bit environment since I moved over to Windows 8 and then to Windows 10. I have tried everything on all three of my computers, every compatibility suggestion and I can only get it to run maybe once every thirty times I try.

As a guy who has created a bunch of NWN content for a PW (which has been running for 13 years) from the ground up, not being able to run NWN to test things has been a nightmare. So, if nothing else comes of this, I can at least play NWN and it will load without crashing or giving me obscure error messages, like "Neverwinter Nights has crashed." (Thanks, Windows...I wouldn't have figured that out on my own).

Turjan

Arcane
Somehow I missed this. I had not played NWN for ages, so I thought I'd have to look at the original again to make up my mind regarding this. I installed my GOG copy on my Win10 system, started the game, set the screen resolution to 1920x1080 (isn't that widescreen? what are they talking about?), ticked all the boxes for the "fancy" (well, relatively speaking) graphics options, started the game and played a bit of Kingmaker. So what exactly is this for?

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
Somehow I missed this. I had not played NWN for ages, so I thought I'd have to look at the original again to make up my mind regarding this. I installed my GOG copy on my Win10 system, started the game, set the screen resolution to 1920x1080 (isn't that widescreen? what are they talking about?), ticked all the boxes for the "fancy" (well, relatively speaking) graphics options, started the game and played a bit of Kingmaker. So what exactly is this for?

I’m glad some people can still play NWN. I couldn’t even get the GOG version to work.

As far as this goes, there are some GUI scaling changes and I think it will play up to 4K now (can’t confirm it myself). There are some additional graphic shader updates at the moment and it comes with all expansions and three of the paid premium mods. There is talk of future updates and some new assets and possible updates to the toolset. I know they are planning a 64-bit client. This version also enabled shiny water for all video cards instead of just one type of video card.

So I assume it’s for people who want an updated version of the game. Those who don’t will probably be fine with what they have.

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron

I bought this and played around with it. The number one thing it does is make it possible for me to run Neverwinter Nights again, something that I haven't been able to do reliably in a 64-bit environment since I moved over to Windows 8 and then to Windows 10. I have tried everything on all three of my computers, every compatibility suggestion and I can only get it to run maybe once every thirty times I try.

As a guy who has created a bunch of NWN content for a PW (which has been running for 13 years) from the ground up, not being able to run NWN to test things has been a nightmare. So, if nothing else comes of this, I can at least play NWN and it will load without crashing or giving me obscure error messages, like "Neverwinter Nights has crashed." (Thanks, Windows...I wouldn't have figured that out on my own).
you bought this before it came out?
Or they offered it on some other platform prior to Steam?

Turjan

Arcane

I’m glad some people can still play NWN. I couldn’t even get the GOG version to work.

I didn't do anything to make the game work by the way. I just installed the game as it downloads from GOG. The only settings I changed were from inside the game (widescreen etc.). But okay, if that doesn't work for you, you may be part of the target group.

As far as this goes, there are some GUI scaling changes and I think it will play up to 4K now (can’t confirm it myself). There are some additional graphic shader updates at the moment and it comes with all expansions and three of the paid premium mods.

If I read that correctly, the GUI won't be upscaled in 1080p (correct me if I'm wrong), and I don't play anything above that anyway. I looked at the images that were supposed to showcase the advanced shaders, and at least for me, the original looked better, so I would not use those. The contents you describe should be the same as the Diamond Edition (expansions plus 3 premium modules), at least for the base $20.

There is talk of future updates and some new assets and possible updates to the toolset. I know they are planning a 64-bit client. This version also enabled shiny water for all video cards instead of just one type of video card.

So I assume it’s for people who want an updated version of the game. Those who don’t will probably be fine with what they have.
That's a reasonable approach. I guess people who play online with other all the time may also appreciate an update to the online client. It has been a while that I played NWN online with friends, but a modern system may be easier in that regard.

hell bovine

Arcane
I didn't do anything to make the game work by the way. I just installed the game as it downloads from GOG. The only settings I changed were from inside the game (widescreen etc.). But okay, if that doesn't work for you, you may be part of the target group.
Well, NWN is a bit choosy when it comes to modern systems. I had no problems running it back in the day, but now I have to disable the intro movies, as well desktop composition and visual themes in win. Otherwise the game crashes immediately after start (gog version).

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

If it's been such a nightmare, why the fuck were you retarded enough to move over to Windows 8 and then be enough of a fucking dumbfuck to even continue to Windows 10?

That's the real issue here.

Also, you're surprised at the amount of negativity? We're talking Beamdog here, who has done nothing but to take other people's shit, rebrand them so it looks like they made it, and then take a huge steaming shit on those same things, after which they frantically try to polish the turd into a semblance of something resembling quality.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom