Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Fable from Playground Games

Mortmal

Arcane
Trailer is funny at least, but that smells like another redfall, one of the xbox big title as weird it may seems now. Then they will cry again they lost the console wars while a FF16 will sell millions. Probably another title with agenda first gameplay second with bloated unskilled staff hired for diversity and by nepotism. Also 30 fps cap on xbox.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Vintage Essex

eB3sAcS.png

Gahbreeil

Learned
That was an altogether poorly executed hype building attempt.

Lionhead Studios and the legacy that the team left behind is going down the crapper. And I know what I'm talking about, I played Fable 2 to smithereens. Three full completion playthroughs and all the achievements possible for the game back on Xbox Turn-Around. Fable was a great game as well, I remember playing it through on PC as a child. Fable III's only fault was that it was too short. I guess I'll just go play Fable: Anniversary now.

Funposter

Arcane
I actually like Richard Ayaode's style of humour, so I found the trailer funny enough. My biggest issue with it isn't even the uncanny valley effect of actual celebrities in video games (also he's black and it's a mediaeval-esque setting, but whatever). The biggest issue is that the trailer mimics camera movements in a setting where the video camera doesn't exist yet. It's weird!

jf8350143

Liturgist
The trailer was suppose to feature actual gameplay, but it feels like a cinematic trailer through and through(unlike almost all of the other trailers in this showcase).

Modron

Arcane
I actually like Richard Ayaode's style of humour, so I found the trailer funny enough. My biggest issue with it isn't even the uncanny valley effect of actual celebrities in video games (also he's black and it's a mediaeval-esque setting, but whatever). The biggest issue is that the trailer mimics camera movements in a setting where the video camera doesn't exist yet. It's weird!
My biggest issue with the trailer is I'd rather play Ayaode than whatever creatura the mc is.

Fargus

Arcane
I guess I'll just go play Fable: Anniversary now.

I myself played original Fable 1 to the point that i don't even want to do it anymore. But i liked that game a lot when i was young.

Tried Anniversary. Everything looked fugly, unnaturally shiny and plastic in it. The devs also fucked up the ability to get drunk, drinking lots of alcohol doesn't change visuals and sound which was part of the fun.

Modron

Arcane
The Fable mc looks more like some kind of polynesian/aboriginal/maori/white admixture mystery meat.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
So offensive if you can't play as:
celebrities-caitlyn-jenner.png

Also Google says there more hermaphrodites than transexuals so omg so offensive.

soulburner

Cipher
I have an issue with any game which uses real life actors to be... actors in a game. Scanning their faces to become the base for a model is alright, but also scanning their facial expressions, lips and body movements is absolutely lame and pointless. I thought computer generated characters use code to move, speak, etc. Things like in this example? We have no lip sync technology in use, no facial expressions engine, no animation system, no nothin'. It's just a 3D scanned actor performing, only looking more plastic and retarded than usual.

But yeah, I like Richard Ayaode's style of humour, too.

jf8350143

Liturgist
People saying they make the trailer to show that they didn't change the tone of the game.

But I don't recall fable 1 feature this kind of meta humor and celebraties. And that's the only good fable game out there.

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
They found the self-insert monstrosity that is based on the new female protag

View attachment 37387

Haven't we all got the message yet, that a mixed race, nothing-gender, non-identifiable attired human-animal-thing is the perfect representation and celebration of "Diversity"?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom