Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Mass Effect combat video - clarifying everyone's doubts!

slipgate_angel

Scholar
As to the characters appearence, that's the default appearence. You can drastically alter your look AND Sex, you can even be a LESBIAN with a female character and a female love interest.

There IS a reason for this. -.-

wikipedia article on the Asari said:
A typical asari individual has a blue and/or green complexion. In the place of head hair, the asari possess wavy folds of sculpted skin. The asari are the closest species aesthetically to humans.

Though asari appearance is typically similar to that of a female by human standards, asari are non-gender specific, meaning they have no concept of gender differences.This is likely due to there being no physical difference to separate different sexes, though this has not been verified.

It also has not been revealed whether asari reproduce asexually, without the need for another individual's genetic material, or whether they reproduce with the input of another individual, but are still non-gender specific, meaning that any two individuals could mate with one another to produce offspring.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
slipgate_angel said:
As to the characters appearence, that's the default appearence. You can drastically alter your look AND Sex, you can even be a LESBIAN with a female character and a female love interest.

A typical asari individual has a blue and/or green complexion. In the place of head hair, the asari possess wavy folds of sculpted skin. The asari are the closest species aesthetically to humans.

Though asari appearance is typically similar to that of a female by human standards, asari are non-gender specific, meaning they have no concept of gender differences.This is likely due to there being no physical difference to separate different sexes, though this has not been verified.

It also has not been revealed whether asari reproduce asexually, without the need for another individual's genetic material, or whether they reproduce with the input of another individual, but are still non-gender specific, meaning that any two individuals could mate with one another to produce offspring.

So theoretically there *could* be a bad surprise when the alien girl/thing lets down her pants?

cardtrick

Arbiter
Meh, this looks okay. I predict it will be a pretty poor RPG, but a reasonably fun game overall, and that it will find a place on a Codex Top 15 or Top 20 list a couple years from now. If I had an XBox360, I'd probably rent it.

Deleted member 7219

Gamespot idiot said:
MASS EFFECT IS GOING TO BE THE HALO OF 360!!!! YES, NOT EVEN HALO 3 IS THE HALO OF 360

Hahaha. That's an almost sig-worthy quote.

slipgate_angel

Scholar
JarlFrank said:
slipgate_angel said:

So theoretically there *could* be a bad surprise when the alien girl/thing lets down her pants?
If your playing a male Shepard, then yes, it's good to bump dicks. ~.^

Callaxes

Arbiter
Ever since I saw that cheesy romance with the alien, my stomach goes upside-down everysingle time I hear about the word mass effect.

Please Codex, stop it!

slipgate_angel

Scholar
Callaxes said:
Ever since I saw that cheesy romance with the alien, my stomach goes upside-down everysingle time I hear about the word mass effect.

Please Codex, stop it!
They call it "Mass effect" for another reason you know. ~.^

God damnit, now the meaness of the codex is rubbing off me.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Stop using the ~.^ thing or people will mistake (?) you for someone who is scum/furry.

slipgate_angel

Scholar
Jasede said:
Stop using the ~.^ thing or people will mistake (?) you for someone who is scum/furry.
What's wrong with using it a few times then? I really don't see the harm in it, it's just an expression.

Raapys

Arcane
Those comments are depressing. Third world war can't get here soon enough, we really need to get rid of some people.

slipgate_angel

Scholar
So? My oldest brother uses little jestures when we talk, doesn't mean that he's a dumb teen. Heck, he's the smartest person I know. Look, I can understand why you don't like those type of gesters, but at least I'm not typing in text, and I rarly do it. Besides, if you guys can use ROLF or LOL as a form of comic relief, why can't I do the little gestures to illustraite how I feel? Because you find people who use them inferior? If that's the case, than that sounds pretty rediculous if you ask me.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
You can use as many emoticons as you want as long as you're being ironical. Same with racism.

Lurkar

Scholar
aweigh said:
You can use as many emoticons as you want as long as you're being ironical. Same with racism.

Yeah, but you can go too far with trying to be ironical too. You can do anything ironical with some success, even talking in all caps LAFFO AMIRITE but trying too hard makes it pretty lame.

At any rate, ignoring the comments on that link for the sake of my sanity, this makes the turd a little more polished. Sure, the characters are shit, the writing is shit, the setting is shit, and the interactions are all shit, but at least the combat might be mildly entertaining.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
LOL, one of those Geth just kept jumping between wall and pavement without actually doing anything. The Geth seem pretty 'tarded to me anyway. The armature (not in this video) could've been cool but wasn't really, and the Gecko-Geths just seem silly and useless.
I'm convinced it'd be hard to design a machine race more lame than the Geth.

dagorkan said:
A buncha scary quotes...
Now I actually feel physically sick.

HanoverF said:
The majority of those have to be shills right? How can those people feed themselves? Or remember to breathe?
It's training, not intellect.

Matt7895 said:
Hahaha. That's an almost sig-worthy quote.
Well, as far as I'm concerned, Halo means "most massively overhyped unoriginal console game" so the moron may be right after all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom