Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Next Bio "CRPG of the Year" (ie NWN mod) coming

MarFish

Liturgist
Naked_Lunch said:
Maybe you shouldn't be such a cunt.

It's kind of hard to grow a dick on the fly.

Baley

Liturgist
Okay..I'll bite ,what's the secret word?

...If I'll ever need an extra cock :P

Baley

Liturgist
Fuck that...

And I wanted to have 2 cocks :cry:

Double the pleasure :wink:

Greatatlantic

Erudite
MarFish said:
Maybe you should take the business classes in school, then you would understand the relationship between quality and sold products.

There is a relationship between quality and sales, and this relationship is drowned out in a dozen of other factors such as marketing, distribution, and consumer awarness. But thats all besides the point, I'm not some investor looking for a sound place to put my money, I'm a gamer who plays and has opinions about games and the companies that make games. Sometimes I'll state those opinions in an online forum. If Bioware stops making SP PC RPGs, the fact they are making money with dumbed down console titles with l33t graphics won't be any condolence. And I don't seem stretching the boundaries anywhere with Dragon Age, so might as well complain about the setting. One more thing, you said quality reflected sales, not setting. The two are pretty much mutually exclusive measurements.

LlamaGod

Cipher
Generic high fantasy is incredibly crap and incredibly overused and its boring and no fun. I could give a shit if some fantasy game sold a million copies or not, it's still a piece of shit setting. Theres no way to make a good one, just varying degrees of bad.

Not trying something because it isnt something that has sold alot is pretty lame. Hurrah for comfort zones, turning everything to be the same thing.

Do you like things that sell alot or something? Like 'wow, this game sold millions, I love it!'

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom