Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Obsidian is not the Victim

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Trash said:
Yup, he barely played it. :retarded:
Seems coherent with the fact that he's experiencing as many bugs as he seems to claim. Or he's just bullshitting like always. Can't make up my mind...

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Recommending FO3 GOTY over this is all I needed to read from this fucktard.

20 hours played for me. No scripting bugs(maybe I didn't play it right because I didn't try to kill everyone I came across or something. Silly me for trying to play the game properly), and one CTD because of Alt-Tabbing. Bugged to fuck indeed. :roll:

ironyuri

commie said:
Recommending FO3 GOTY over this is all I needed to read from this fucktard.

20 hours played for me. No scripting bugs(maybe I didn't play it right because I didn't try to kill everyone I came across or something. Silly me for trying to play the game properly), and one CTD because of Alt-Tabbing. Bugged to fuck indeed. :roll:

Keep guzzling MCA/Obsidian penis, Obsidifag. :smug:

Meanwhile the proud, the few, true Codexers will smugly watch you drown in jizz and keep our hands clean by not touching this bug-ridden, wannabe Fallout piece of shit.

:smug: :smug:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I agree with those baffled because New Vegas isn't any more bug-ridden than Fallout 3 or Oblivion. Game reviewers are shallow pricks most of the time and went into New Vegas looking for bugs to report on, as they know their readers expect that.

Of course 90% of reviewers probably played the Xbox 360 version and I hear that's buggier than the PC version, so what the fuck do I know. All I can say is that in my Obsidian experience I've never really found the bugs most others did... Alpha Protocol played fine for me, as does New Vegas. NWN2 and MotB ran fine for me as well, though I admit to playing them after patches. I never played KotOR2 as I didn't like the original.

In any event, New Vegas is so much better in writing, quest design and RPG mechanics than Fallout 3 that even if it was as bugged as the reviewers say it is for me I would still praise the game.

ironyuri

DalekFlay said:
mmm Obsidian jizz.

You opened your mouth and .... oh .... looks like Obsidian cock got in. What a surprise. Slurp slurp.

:smug:

ironyuri

hoverdog said:
how's your lp yuri?

It's like an Obsidian game. I ran into a panoply of bugs and decided to rage. No cock-slurping for me.

Lingwe

Liturgist
The only noticeable bug I've come across yet is when you are at the campfire and move your mouse from the left column to the right column. The sound makes a weird whirring noise and then the display gets stuck on the right column and you can't choose any different items to craft. Of course the whole campfire thing seems pretty useless and I haven't used it since I tested it out in that opening quest thing.

The real reason why New Vegas is receiving criticism about its bugs is because Obsidian isn't Bethesda. Bethesda is the darling of the game review industry, while Obsidian has developed a reputation for bugs so it is 'cool' to bash it.

Mind you I've only played 5 hours.

Relay

Educated
I'm going to say this..

I am an obsidian hater but since nothing can quench my hunger for new RPGs and I get bored replaying the classics to death I tried New Vegas and..

It's not nearly as buggy as people claim. It's clearly not as buggy as the previous Obsidian games were. I fell for it when I heard everyone repeat the mantra once again but once I got my hands on the game and tried it... I have yet to encounter a single earth shattering bug besides the usual terrain glitches. NOTHING. I did a large part of the main quests and ton of the sidequests (most of the NCR) and none broke for me.
The only thing I could complain about in the game, and it's the same for anything Bethesda-related, is that too much portion of the time you spend is done on walking. New Vegas is like FO3, Oblivion, Morrowind for that matter. I'm sick of that shit. I don't like seamless worlds much if they do not include great methods of transportation. The first Fallout did it right : random encounters, ability to escape and even a skill to avoid them outright. I don't care for the pretty graphix, I don't want to be looking at sameshit for hours, give me content and things to do, not a hiking simulator.

New Vegas is a great game that redeemed Obsidian a bit for me.

Relay

Educated
ironyuri said:
Relay said:
Obsidian put its cock in my mouth and that redeemed the studio for me. Mmmm.

No. I hate most of Obsidian games, save for MOTB and even then I don't have much esteem for MOTB because I don't like PST-level pseudo introspective philosophy and dumbfuckery. New Vegas had none of that stupid crap, people are fighting over their most basic needs : water and food, nothing more, nothing less.

Well, ok, I admit they did appeal to the cock-in-mouth with the NCR Rangers. I really heart that bunch and that cowboy thing of theirs.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The comment section is now discussing the Codex. Our reputation is as strong as ever.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Lyric Suite said:
The comment section is now discussing the Codex. Our reputation is as strong as ever.

:lol:
I read through a bit of that thread, but I had to stop because it made my soul hurt. What … *was* that place? Shouty back-and-forth exchanges among people who are (for the most part) apparently incredibly angry all the time … Wow. I may not become a regular at those rpgcodex forums, I think it’s just better for both of us this way.

The Codex. It makes your soul hurt.

ironyuri

Shamus Young fights the good fight and doesn't let Obsidian put its cock in his mouth.

The Codoex only wishes it had the guts to tell it the way Shamus does.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Fucking consoletards: "The codex, it blackens the soul."
Not: "Duh, that place make me hed hurt....uh, mean soul hurt...need moar halo."

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
ironyuri said:
Shamus Young fights the good fight and doesn't let Obsidian put its cock in his mouth.

The Codoex only wishes it had the guts to tell it the way Shamus does.

Sucking Obsidian's cock is an antidote to sucking Bethesda's cock. We all know what would happened if the latter had made New Vegas, bugs and all. People like Shamus Young would be guzzling with Tod Howard's cum while laughing maniacally in demented glee of sick pleasure.

racofer

Thread Incliner
treave said:
Fuck this, I played through the 90s, I can live with bugs. Fucking Fallout 2 was horribly bugged too (thanks for the slamdunk, Fearghus you wanker), and the Baldur's Gate games weren't uber-polished technical paragons of gaming either. Oblivion and Fallout 3 were both bugged to hell and back too, but of course they neglect to say anything about that in their 90+% reviews.

When did gamers start being pussies that whined about some random bug wiping their autosaves? I mean, fuck, autosaves? You fucking lazy assholes.

Butthurt Obshit fanboy detected.

Cenobyte

Prophet
pocahaunted said:
Xor said:
Funny, I haven't found anything wrong with the game so far that wasn't present in Fallout 3.

This. I think these people are insane.

+1

I've had only 1 CTD so far, minor sound problems (due to a 5.1 sound system, this problem was already present in Fallout 3 and was never officially fixed) and sometimes AI problems (again known from Fallout 3). Nothing extraordinarily buggy or broken so far, and it's by no means worse than Fallout 3.

Haters gonna hate :M

Felix

Arcane
I haven't encounter any CTD so far, and no major but, just some minor glitches here and there, and those are hardly what I'd call problems.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom