Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oh for fuck's sake, how many patches does NWN2 need?

Shannow

Waster of Time
cardtrick said:
My E6750 was generally regarded as the third most powerful CPU on the market when I built my PC a year ago, but each of its cores is still slower than the fastest single-core processors that formerly dominated the market. What this means is that NWN2, because of its heavy reliance on the CPU but lack of multi-threading, often actually runs better on high end computers from two or three years ago then it does on those built more recently.
While the Mhz is lower on dual cores the architecture is better. So a single core from a dual core with 2000 Mhz wouldn't be half as fast as a single core with 4000 Mhz. Of course it wouldn't be as fast as the 4000 Mhz either ;)
The 2600+ cpus from amd didn't have 2600 Mhz they had around 2000 Mhz but were supposed to be as fast as contemporary cpus from intel with 2600 *shrug*
I'm already dreading the time when I have to spend two months getting into the hardware "know" and then after the purchase watching the system loosing 100€ of worth every month...
I have an E6600, 2 gigs ram and 8800GTS and I only get hick-ups in major spell battles. But I really wish devs would start optimizing their games more instead of trying to aim for some future system that may run them. I won't be buying a new system for the next 2-3 years, so if I can't run the new games in a year's time, I won't be purchasing games for 2 years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom