Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Is there a way to cheat with the kingdom events... basically when you enter a spiral of "Crumbling" it's so hard to come out. Also I am totally uninterested with it.
You always have to keep some BP in the bank. Failing an event is often not a big deal other than you wont get whatever boon it could have given you except when your BP drop below zero due to failing it. e.g. if you use up all BP with building stuff and then a failed event give -35 BP you're dropping into the negatives and this is what makes your stability drop to worried, crumbling etc and eventually results in riots. My kingdom went back to stable after it was worried once, even though I get failed events once in a while as well, but I always keep at least 100BP in the bank.

Salvo

Arcane
If anyone's curious about the armor.

s3h75azc65p11.png

And the solution to the puzzle.
e3771e55bfc505270e63923e29c25479.png

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Shame that Maegar Varn or Kersten aren't companions, they both seems like bros, plus the game lacks proper frontline companion, as I don't like Amiri.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I always keep at least 100BP in the bank
Make it 501 BP.
Why? And from when on? I'm currently in the middle of monster invasion (noble hunting grounds). Is this still ch2? I haven't done ancient curse round 2 yet which still has a month left or so.
Is there any reason to do those extremely expensive trade agreements or all those curse researches?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Shame that Maegar Varn or Kersten aren't companions, they both seems like bros, plus the game lacks proper frontline companion
I am leveling Linzi as Knifemaster 3/Mad Dog++ and noone will stop me
She is so cute running around stabbing everything for 20 damage, and it helps that first +1 dagger is Cold Iron

Also it is amusing how Sneak Attack is added to elemental damage of Touch Spells in melee, that just feels... huh

Valerie hits d10+11 damage
does 2d6 sneak attack
magus acid touch activates
2d4 acid damage
sneak attack for touch spell activates
2d6 acid sneak attack
rekt.

Why? And from when on?
trust the orange daemon

I don't remember when it can happen maybe act IV
You are chapter 3

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Game needs to add at least 1 more heavy plateable goon in the expansions. Party really only needs 1 mage, 1 cleric, 1 hero of wakanda, and 3 fat fucks to stand and front and tank for our glorious ebony DPS shitter.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
You have those touch spell sneak dice with an Eldritch Archer too, that's why I thought Magus 2 + class with lots of sneak dice should be really good. You get all your sneak dice 2x per round.

Shadenuat

Arcane
1 hero of wakanda
And I'm not even sure he is the best archer.
My guess Eldritch Archer should be the most powerful, although Ranger, of course, is a lot more consistent and can have baron-smilodon

Shadenuat

Arcane
Party really only needs 1 mage
faek news
more smilodons > more powerful party
fixed
I dunno, their extra attacks have fairly low base damage (they can't pass 15 Cold Iron DR afaik), and the problem is, you would have to cast additional Free Action for every pet in your party during endgame

So if you want and just run a zoo party, you are looking at 12 Free Actions every rest.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Game needs to add at least 1 more heavy plateable goon in the expansions. Party really only needs 1 mage, 1 cleric, 1 hero of wakanda, and 3 fat fucks to stand and front and tank for our glorious ebony DPS shitter.
A pure arcane caster as an option for people who don't want mercs would be nice as well. In general at least one in every class in the game would be nice. There are no recruitable Sorcerers, Druids and only 0.5-wizard at the moment afaik.

Gord

Arcane
Slightly OT: since the rules are basically open source, is there a well done ebook containing the basic /relevant ruleset for me to read, while waiting for P:K to reach beta?

vazha

Arcane
Guys, how do I upload a pic here? got something fun to show you
toro please?

Last edited:
while it aims for the 1 tb worth of patches, i put the game on hold, it would be silly to continue with a broken, incomplete product.
meanwhile... while creating mercs i somehow fell in love with the idea of a glaive wielding sword saint, full dex and cha, some int, low str, perfect for one of the vanilla portraits. i picture this infamous silver tongued duelist, almost impossible to hit, moving from place to place
obviously sub-par, i'm not afraid to lower difficulty. my question is: is there a way to make it viable? are there agile glaives in game to be used with him? fantasy is full of legendary smiths and enchanters, yet only morrowind let us create truly powerful artifacts and mostly only by exploiting the system.

no dickpics, thanks.

Incendax

Augur
Anyone can confirm that removing unlooted items fixes the loading times?!
No idea. I loot EVERYTHING like an OCD hamster with bulging cheeks, and my load times are never more than 2-3 seconds on SSD (except that first big load when starting the game).

Check your number of custom saves, though. Unity is a dick about loading times if you have too many custom saves.

Ibbz

Augur
I reported the issue 2 days ago (emailed the save games / log through to them), and I just tested it - seems resolved :)
Yeah but Curse mechanic and NPCs are still there unresolved so anyone who tries to go through True Endgame is still fucked
It seems to be working ok for me - the curse is gone (completed retrieving all the allies), am up to the final battle.

Having trouble getting past the third wave, the multiple complete buff removal spells means you need to have people equipped with free action items to prevent the constant paralysis. Unfortunately my main damage dealer isn't skilled in hammers.

For anyone who was complaining about the difficulty early on, there is little chance they will finish this game - the difficulty spike is significant in the final set of maps.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I reported the issue 2 days ago (emailed the save games / log through to them), and I just tested it - seems resolved :)
Yeah but Curse mechanic and NPCs are still there unresolved so anyone who tries to go through True Endgame is still fucked
It seems to be working ok for me - the curse is gone (completed retrieving all the allies), am up to the final battle.

Having trouble getting past the third wave, the multiple complete buff removal spells means you need to have people equipped with free action items to prevent the constant paralysis. Unfortunately my main damage dealer isn't skilled in hammers.

For anyone who was complaining about the difficulty early on, there is little chance they will finish this game - the difficulty spike is significant in the final set of maps.
It might depend on who your allies are
For example i have tsanna and other evil dudes they bugged out

ArchAngel

Arcane
while it aims for the 1 tb worth of patches, i put the game on hold, it would be silly to continue with a broken, incomplete product.
meanwhile... while creating mercs i somehow fell in love with the idea of a glaive wielding sword saint, full dex and cha, some int, low str, perfect for one of the vanilla portraits. i picture this infamous silver tongued duelist, almost impossible to hit, moving from place to place
obviously sub-par, i'm not afraid to lower difficulty. my question is: is there a way to make it viable? are there agile glaives in game to be used with him? fantasy is full of legendary smiths and enchanters, yet only morrowind let us create truly powerful artifacts and mostly only by exploiting the system.

no dickpics, thanks.
You cannot use Weapon Finesse with big weapons like Glaive.

Cael

Arcane
toro please?
Go to postimage.org
Upload the image
Copy the image URL
Click on the "Image" icon in the reply box here
Paste the URL into the pop-up box

Ibbz

Augur
Finished it! Woooo About 105 hours in total for me. Had a few minor visual defects in the final chapter, but other than that it seemed to work fine now.

It might depend on who your allies are
For example i have tsanna and other evil dudes they bugged out
Yeah didn't have Tsanna but had Bartholomew. I found all the allies made little difference, other than
Nyrissa
who was in the final battle.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Shame that Maegar Varn or Kersten aren't companions, they both seems like bros, plus the game lacks proper frontline companion, as I don't like Amiri.

Give Amiri a Glaive and she will destroy almost anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom