Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Super small hotfix for the game.
Just one fix:
"We have got a report last night about the issue that the game could get stuck while loading the save files at the last chapter. We don’t want to leave this bug open for the upcoming weekend. So here is a speedy hotfix (just this issue)."

vazha

Arcane
You cannot use Weapon Finesse with big weapons like Glaive.
You can finesse Elven curve blade and longspear, the later is a reach weapon iirc
Well curved blade is exotic for a reason and longspear has kind of bad base damage and it is a piercing weapon when glaive is a slashing one.
If your point was that the awesome glaive cannt be finessed, then yeah, sure. Best you can do with finesse when it comes to two-handers is estoc i believe. Although its exotic just like the elven blade.

kain30

Cipher
I´m on a endgame location called underground passage and I´m not sure if I have found a gamebreaking bug because I see no exit zone to go to the next location. can anyone help me?
LpEbrX0.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
BTW, yesterday on stream their community manager said that next week we might see a bigger patch with some new features and stuff. He also said they are working on optimizing loading times and have some progress on that front.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
1 hero of wakanda
And I'm not even sure he is the best archer.
My guess Eldritch Archer should be the most powerful, although Ranger, of course, is a lot more consistent and can have baron-smilodon

I mean is this true? My assumption was that all archers are pretty much the same because it's about jacking dex and spending a trillion feats, but I never went into arcane archer before bug hiatus

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Chapter 4 - final dungeon

I get ready to fight Vordekai...
4176048295C4E8B834E92FEFA865E3AF986D97EB

but then I thought "let's try a spell"...
66A9ED6D46723772B6AFAC70F5A48BFC7717858D

and Voila! Vordekai is a dog and the fight took 1 round.

What the hell.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Chapter 4 - final dungeon

I get ready to fight Vordekai...
4176048295C4E8B834E92FEFA865E3AF986D97EB

but then I thought "let's try a spell"...
66A9ED6D46723772B6AFAC70F5A48BFC7717858D

and now Vordekai is a dog and the fight took 1 round.

What the hell.
His fault. He should have been a druid, they are immune to transmutation spells of this kind :D

Israfael

Arcane
3 fat fucks
One Volly is enough - I came to conclusion that adding some melee and risking them getting hit (or even ganked, don't use death door) is a unjustified stretch on cleric's resources. Well, not one Volourn, I also have Nok Nok and the Obama's dog for those sweet 60+ sneak normals and 90+ crits.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
By the way, I've finished chapter 4 in 20 days (more or less) but by doing this I just fucked myself because chapter 5 just started.

I cannot take a break from these timed events.

:negative:

vazha

Arcane
On the opposite side, I've finished season of bloom for two months now and nothing new pops up. Any idea what should I do?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
On the opposite side, I've finished season of bloom for two months now and nothing new pops up. Any idea what should I do?

Progress slowly. 2 weeks upgrade/2 weeks exploring.

When shit starts happening it goes fast.

Edit: Also after Season of Bloom you have like 1 year of free time. Use it to expand your empire.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
So, I have 20 days until Ancient Curse #3 and it's raining with quests.

Harrim wants me to fight some Adamantium Golem. Sounds kinky.

Restov wants me to fight Barbarians.

Candlemere is on fire with monsters from First World.

Jubilost wants in that debating competition.

And Octavia wants some dick in her pants ...

208FC6A2230EB1ACADF87531E5B6713F4BAC6D78

It looks like she is in love with me while I want to fuck Valerie but that huge Tower Shield is unmovable.

Well, her breast is good enough for me as long as Reg doesn't mind. Also I never pull away :)

Ahh, romances in RPGs. So many choices ... and consequences.

lophiaspis

Arbiter
Game needs to add at least 1 more heavy plateable goon in the expansions. Party really only needs 1 mage, 1 cleric, 1 hero of wakanda, and 3 fat fucks to stand and front and tank for our glorious ebony DPS shitter.

Companions can be hit and miss in this game, IDK how they missed MCA's #1 rule that he always repeats: make all companions useful mechanically. Game also lacks pure mages, a noble Paladin advisor archetype and a ruthless henchman archetype. Instead we got Octavia, CG wizard/rogue which is basically a taller, more annoying Linzi that can cast sub-level fireballs but not bardsong. No Keldorn, no Edwin. And AFAIK there's not really BG-style rivalries, which would have been just the right spice for the throne room proceedings.

I would ditch Octavia and add something like:

Vladim- LG Male Human Paladin of Iomedae: Russian accent, looks like Dobrynya Nikitich, great companion and advisor, but... better be Always Lawful Good or else!

Wolfram- LE Male Human Fighter: American accent, scarred veteran mercenary, village burner in chief, hates Linzi and demands you execute her for theft

Casper- CE Male Human Wizard (Necromancer or the awesome Undead Master class which is sadly not in game): Bald, sunken eyes, constant creepy giggle like a sick puppy, can be Treasurer and comes up with sick but highly profitable plans like harvesting peasant souls for gold, undead brothels, and turning your good companions into epic evil-only artifacts

Mordanna- CN Female Human Wizard (Evoker): Female nerd personality, a bit like Sheldon Cooper's GF, very reserved and logical but in combat she lets down her hair and shouts stuff like "DANCE, PIGGY!", could be a good romance

Armonde- CG Male Human Swashbuckler (one PF class that really should be in the game). Mediterranean accent and flamboyant style, personality based on Inigo Montoya with hatred of tyranny in all forms. As advisor, will do things like give away all your food to starving peasants even if you told him not to. Will call you a tyrant and fight you if you imprison Linzi (which should obv be an option in this hypothetical improved KM)

The companion list in this game is good overall but lacks that little something to be unforgettable. But hopefully in the next game they will fix all the little issues and that will be a true masterpiece.

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
WTF's with all human companions? Bring in moar elves, dwarfs, orcs and their like.
Also, this game has what PoE and Sawyer would never think of: A true spiritual successor to Deekin. Nok-Nok for Chieftain! Lifetime! Lamashtu be praised!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom