Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
General question: Is there some way to get rid of Permanent Ability Score Damage/Drain other than Restoration? It happens so often in this game, from environmental effects to enemy poisons, and it's putting a serious drain on my cash flow.

I just want to know if I'm missing something, because it feels like the way I'm dealing with it can't be intended.
Rest for a while in safe locations. Sometimes it takes multiple rests (since you can't adjust the time of rest there) but you'll get a notification in the log as the damage is healed.

There's also a difficulty option to make it vanish on rest if you're just sick of dealing with it and don't care about the logistics
Weird, because I've absolutely rested for long stretches of time just to see if I could rest it off, but it never worked. I'll try again, thanks.

bataille

Arcane
7skO2Je.png

I can't be the only one that reacted to this. A wisp, you say?

This looks like an artistic interpretation. I think this model represents all the flavours of ghost lights, including war wisps and such. There's also a lot of them with human-sounding names, too...

EDIT: Nope, it's how will-o-wisps look in pnp pathfinder as well.
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/will-o-wisp/

L'Montes

Educated
I think you're supposed to be able to catch those 3 bandits asleep in the Sycamore area though... and maybe they're heavy sleepers.
Not so heavy, beacause two of them can float while sleeping :M:M:M

I will say, I'm past the point where I even take note of NPC animation issues, as there've been quite a few. The game has jank, and it shows up in the scripted events for sure.

It's only the more quest/game-breaking stuff that I'm noticing at this point.

Weird, because I've absolutely rested for long stretches of time just to see if I could rest it off, but it never worked. I'll try again, thanks.

By default, I think you can only "rest-off" stat penalties at Oleg's or the Capitol. The hunter's lodge in Kamelands might work too.

It should also be noted that not all stat penalties are created equal. If you have a curse of feebleness or something, it'll deduct stats, show as permanent, and require remove-curse instead of restoration.

Getting someone like the cleric boy to cast restoration/lesser-restoration for you can save cash on the scrolls at least. To me, time is usually the more premium resource in this game, because the amount of rest to restore points of stats is annoying if you're drained by... 5 points or so.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
7skO2Je.png

I can't be the only one that reacted to this. A wisp, you say?

This looks like an artistic interpretation. I think this model represents all the flavours of ghost lights, including war wisps and such. There's also a lot of them with human-sounding names, too...

EDIT: Nope, it's how will-o-wisps look in pnp pathfinder as well.
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/will-o-wisp/
Intredasting, thanks. I just assumed it was a bit of a lazy placeholder that was never made into something better. Apparently it's just Paizo being trash again.

That said, that definitely isn't a "nebulous image of what might be a skull visible somewhere in [the] depths [of the wisp]". That's a lightbulb-skull with smoke around it, so I still call bullshit. A little bit less, I guess, but still. Bullshit. That ain't no fucking wisp to me.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I do wish they actually did stuff with your deity/race in dialog. If you worship the god Valerie split off from, surely that'd be something to mention, but... not really. Harrim doesn't have anything to say if you're also a death god worshipper, etc. That kind of reactivity was really cool in the Pillars games, even if it didn't really affect things too much, though I realize it takes up valuable time.
Better one thing that actually matters than myriad of things which are just cosmetic crap.

General question: Is there some way to get rid of Permanent Ability Score Damage/Drain other than Restoration? It happens so often in this game, from environmental effects to enemy poisons, and it's putting a serious drain on my cash flow.

I just want to know if I'm missing something, because it feels like the way I'm dealing with it can't be intended.
By preventing and not getting them in the first place.

But yes developers do love their ability drain.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
They dropped the ball with romances though.
Imagine Linzi romance messing up the journal. Sidenotes in the questlog about dreamy <CHARNAME> and how she really wants your long thick man radish.
I'm just sayin'.

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
As a heads up for everyone: Once you get to the are called Swamp Witch's Hut (you can't miss it), in the lower lefthand corner of the map, past a Mobility interaction (which doesn't seem to require a test), there's a small area with something you can interact with:

oAiyqwa.png

It is relevant to the area, and the fact that nothing is visible there (but the cursor will change) suggest that it's a bug.

I'm not going to spoil anything, I just wanted you to know. I'm not sure if there's anything to do for those of you that have already cleared the entirety of the area, but for those of you that are there now or have already cleared it:

If you return there after killing the tree, you can put the wedding ring there. If you finish this interaction before killing the tree, you can not.

Yeah, it's fucking stupid, but that's how it is.

It doesn't change much.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Man, the bugginess of the game really increases the further you get into the game.

Bokken has now taken the skin of a dwarf, and gave me an ax as thanks for something I did for the dwarf he has taken over. He and the dwarf also occupy the same space in my throne room. I also found Bokken dead at the crossroad inn. When I returned on a later date his corpse was gone though.

Starting to suspect he is the main villain in the game.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you return there after killing the tree, you can put the wedding ring there. If you finish this interaction before killing the tree, you can not.

Yeah, it's fucking stupid, but that's how it is.

Been wondering about the damn ring in my inventory. Been carrying it around forever now, so thanks :)

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

There's an option in difficulty settings to turn on "Restore negative effects on rest" or something.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
They dropped the ball with romances though.
Imagine Linzi romance messing up the journal. Sidenotes in the questlog about dreamy <CHARNAME> and how she really wants your long thick human radish.
I'm just sayin'.
They also messed up the fact that you can't kill Linzi even when you have clear and present cause to do so. She's apparently "plot critical" and there's no way to get rid of her, which is frustrating, especially when they give you cause to act against her, so you can't just handwave it and pretend that she's just there, having not pissed you off, like any number of servants of the kingdom.

There's a situation during which she may steal from the Barony's treasury, and even if you're Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil or Chaotic Evil (all which could be fitting alignments for not overlooking such a thing), you can't do shit about it. Worst you can do is chew her out, which is absolute bullshit. You can't even exile her. That is kender-level stupid by the writers, and could easily have been avoided by not creating that situation to begin with.

bataille

Arcane

Rest for a while in safe locations. Sometimes it takes multiple rests (since you can't adjust the time of rest there) but you'll get a notification in the log as the damage is healed.

There's also a difficulty option to make it vanish on rest if you're just sick of dealing with it and don't care about the logistics

Well, there is an important distinction between drain and damage. Ability damage is supposed to be healed by rest. It's usually caused by poisons delivered by big/magical beasts. Ability drain, however, is only cured by restoration. It's mostly the result of necromancy, curses, etc.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Started playing too. Unfair, but damage x1. Fucking slavers encounter rapes my all girl noob party. I can bring it to Valerie vs one last swordsman, but she's useless after all.

The encounter to rescue someone FROM slavers is much easier, so just let them take Valerie or whoever and then go rescue her again. It's pretty clear you're not "meant" to win that encounter, though you definitely can.
Won this battle. And raided their base. Now i have full party. 6 girls. Hear me roar!

Also everyone is blind.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Is there a mod yet to reduce/remove weight from items? I find inventory management tiresome. And/or a mod that simply reduces movement penalties.
Just get the Bag of Holding, and if you've already decided to cheat, you might as well cheat the money in and then duplicate it. There's a Cheat Engine table and everything.
Is there a mod yet to reduce/remove weight from items? I find inventory management tiresome. And/or a mod that simply reduces movement penalties.
There is cheatengine table that does this:
http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=7964

It works on gog,ignore the name.
Fookin' Ninja.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

pretty sure you can just turn that off in the game's settings.

Edit: you can make it so encumbrance no longer affects your movement speed in difficulty settings. I'm looking at it right now.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom