Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Reading about all these new bugs for once makes me happy I'm stuck with two versions out of date linux gog game, unlike the rest of you playtesters players.
You joke, but I wish I was a playtester - at least then I'd know that submitting bug reports was meant to actually help, and the developers would actually appreciate the contribution as the community could work together in order to create a polished product.

Owlcat is the opposite of that.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, I put Difficulty at Easy and tested Half Orc Magus vs few spiders.
This is what I got:
Yeah, playing a magus here is finicky as hell if you want to make the most of spellcombat, and RtwP does nothing to help. Except I will have to disagree with you on point 1. I also tested this and it does work, one extra attack is granted if you autocast a touch spell. I have no idea why it does not work that way for you. I tested this repeatedly with my own character, maybe the half-orc magus is broken somehow? Or the second strike might be missing if the target dies when hit the first time? On point 3, the reason for this is to combine it with full attack and then fish for a critical. Normal touch spells only crit on a 20, spellstrike crits on weapon critical range. While it may not target touch AC, it will get more attacks to connect.
When I used autocast and clicked on enemy, my guy would cast it and run up to enemy and attack. Then he would stand there for x seconds, cast it again and attack once and then again keep waiting with icon of the autocast spell in his queue. When I use it manually, I get the spell icon in his queue and after it is cast, he has the attack icon in queue and does two attacks until round ends.
EDIT: with manual casting even things like this worked: Cast spell and deliver it with attack but that attack kills the target, I immediately target next adjacent target and that second attack happens on that new target. With autocast on, changing targets just puts Autocast spell in his queue and he does nothing.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
OK it seems latest patch fixed lots of big and small bugs.
I presume this is 1.1 they promised?
Nope, this is the hotfix to the previous hotfix. :lol:

I rate this post
MskSWQJ.png

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm fucking laughing my ass off - 3.5 Gb patch that broke sounds needs patch 5 Gb to fix it all...
What the FUCK are you doing please stop ahahaa

Last edited:

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm fucking laughing my ass off - 3.5 Gb patch that broke sounds needs patch 5 Gb to fix it all...
It's because the patch deleted most of the sound files and then downloaded them all again to a new, incorrect location (this is why some sounds still played). And to fix that, they did it again a second time but with ALL the sound files, to make sure it would be fixed.

It's dumb as hell

edit: if you had already moved the sound files the new patch fixing the sound bug shouldn't be too big, since Steam will check the files, see they are fine and in the right place, and not download new ones

When I used autocast and clicked on enemy, my guy would cast it and run up to enemy and attack. Then he would stand there for x seconds, cast it again and attack once and then again keep waiting with icon of the autocast spell in his queue. When I use it manually, I get the spell icon in his queue and after it is cast, he has the attack icon in queue and does two attacks until round ends.
EDIT: with manual casting even things like this worked: Cast spell and deliver it with attack but that attack kills the target, I immediately target next adjacent target and that second attack happens on that new target. With autocast on, changing targets just puts Autocast spell in his queue and he does nothing.
The problem then may be in that move after casting. If distance between the magus and the enemy is too big, casting (auto or manually) and then moving will negate spellcombat (as it is a full round action), leaving the magus with only one attack. If casting is done in melee or closer to the enemy, magus should get all attacks. That's at least my experience, as I said it does seem to work out for me, more or less. But even so I'm starting to think that going with an eldritch knight would have been a better idea, this may just be too finicky for RtwP to work perfectly. The way it does not repeat autocast once the round is done is pissing me off, range cantrips work correctly, why doesn't this one?

Shadenuat

Arcane
On a completely unrelated topic, is anyone using teamwork feats?
Of course, they are good and Flanking is probably one of the best things you can get early for melees. The trick to combat difficulty scaling and just make your life easier is to pick feats like that.

Salvo

Arcane
What should I do? Keep playing or wait for more patches? If wait, what should I play in the meantime?

I just got done dealing with the
troll invasion in Chapter 2

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
On a completely unrelated topic, is anyone using teamwork feats?
Of course, they are good and Flanking is probably one of the best things you can get early for melees. The trick to combat difficulty scaling and just make your life easier is to pick feats like that.
Flanking feat is insane in this game since you "flank" by just having two people attack something at once, no consideration for positioning. As long as two people have the flanking feat they will get the bonus while fighting a target, no matter what

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Pope Amole II your min max builds are getting questioned for their mix maxiness!

Oh, that's just a dumbfuck who watches video with is ass and then complains. I was clearly stating that I'm reviewing all the spells and then picking up whatever just to move on quickly. No, fucker has to show off just how smart he is. Well, 2015 is so 2015.

L'Montes

Educated
This game is really weird it allows the player to skip plot missions like the hunting party in season of bloom, just lost 5h of progress because of that. The balancing itself isn't bad just the random encounters are sometimes insane when the game decides to throw 3 giants at you that just roll over you. I am kinda afraid to continue to play because I fear I will get one of the many gamebreakers.
The really disturbing thing is that the game was originally due on august and was delayed only a month before release! I don't even want to know how broken the game was 2 months ago.
It's really sad if the publisher gave them the time they needed PF:K could have been so much better. But these idots at Deep Silver ruin everything and are by far the worst in their business.

You can complete the plot of that chapter while refusing them, it's only "slightly" buggy. I think it's a good thing too.

"Go seek the help of your neighbors and nobles to help with this crisis, actually - I'm already primed to have you meet with a bunch of specific assholes."
"Fuck them and fuck you, we don't no need foreigners in Stolenlandistan. I'll handle it myself."

Forcing you to do the hunt thing with the other people would've been worse I think (RPG-wise).

Mortmal

Arcane
Pope Amole II your min max builds are getting questioned for their mix maxiness!

Oh, that's just a dumbfuck who watches video with is ass and then complains. I was clearly stating that I'm reviewing all the spells and then picking up whatever just to move on quickly. No, fucker has to show off just how smart he is. Well, 2015 is so 2015.
So what drove you to that career of community manager at nerd commando studios ? Parents force you into that ?

Salvo

Arcane
On a completely unrelated topic, is anyone using teamwork feats? I'm the kind of player that like to change my characters out based on what I'm doing, so my set for going to the Trolls was almost completely different from my "main" set of characters, so I don't feel like I want to invest in teamwork feats aside maybe from "obvious" and ever-present (in my group) combos such as Octavia/Rorgangar, but those are also the exact people that are extremely feat-starved, so it just doesn't happen. At the same time, by the time I stopped playing (lvl 8) after the Trolls, I felt like I was running out of feats for some characters, so I may be more or less "forced" to take teamwork feats, I dunno.

Outflank (+4 Attack Bonus and AoO when critting on flanked targets) and Precise Strike (+1d6 damage when attacking the same target) are decent options when you're done taking the basic feats, Outflank expecially.

Shield Wall can be good but requires you to run multiple shields and multiple melees, and RANGED sneak attack stacking is currently king in the game.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Last edited:

Aemar

Arcane
DqeiPg3.jpg
putin.jpg
What's the rating of PF:K?
Putin%20Thumbs%20Up.jpg

:5/5:/:5/5:

The game is very stronk, comrade. Da, I like it a lot. Sure, it has one or two bugs, but I'm sure our Russian computerists will squash them, otherwise they go to Gulag (not a city). No bugs will interfere with our number one Russian product for the year 2018.

Sharpedge

Prophet
In the process of trying out new builds I accidentally lost 3 levels of progress, as I was not aware that quicksaves were shared universally across all characters. Lesson learned I suppose. Is it just me that finds all the gnomes in this game grating? I am not sure which I like less, Linzi or Jewbilost, both of them are on my "would kill if I could" list but at least the jew keeps the economy running while linzi is robbing the bank...

Elex

Arbiter
TBH it is pretty bad spell selection examples indeed, and the whole review is meh. Enchantment is powerful, especially when stacked with items (my Linzi has +7 DC on Laughter just from items), but big part of game monsters are undead and fey who are either immune or very resistant to it on higher difficulties. Spell and other HD-based spells seem to work poorly due to enemies rising quite quick in HD even in prologue and sheer amount of things thrown at you. It is not BG, sadly sleep and color spray do allow saving throw here. Hold Monster etc. are all good if not for high enemy saving throws, Confusion is a bit better due to more saving throws made and it being useful against hordes. Skipping on stuff like Magic Missile which can be reliably spammed against that one single 999 AC thing is a big mistake, and skipping on stuff like Empower/Maximize is also a big mistake. Maximized Hellfire Ray and Polar Ray are some of the most devastating spells in the game. Although you can use metamagic from rods and items, I guess. Heroism, Greater Heroism, and other combinations of buffs to your BAB by stacking
- Morale
- Luck
- Sacred
- Competence
Allow your melees and ranged to easily pass enemy AC even in Hard+, and Heroism works even during text quests and such since it gives +skills bonus.
Necromancy is also surprisingly deadly against main enemies in the game since Fortitude is their actual weakness.
And of course you want your party perma-hasted, if not for the powerful effect but at least for traveling/clearing speed.

For the most fun, I would recommend something like Universalist Scroll Savant. You get incredibly powerful scrolls in game, often you can cast like level 5 spells and get Disintegrate scroll or Horrid Wilting scroll which can easily turn combat in your favor. And you never lose on versatility and can fine tune your spell selection against anything. Pump UMD and your magic battery will never run out due to absurd amount of scrolls and wands you get in this game.

I don't want to throw any extra shit at Pope since he has his plate full with haters already, but unless he also played beta extensively, at this point it feels like he just throws this stuff to get more videos done and should at least try to finish prologue before doing all this. Starting game, cheating yourself level 20 and clicking on feats with commentary does not take that much effort compared to actual useful advice you can give if you know game through and out.
until someone can actually complete che game i don't think it really matter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom