Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
WDYM?
Velociraptor is perfectly rideable (although for medium races needs level 7 and Reduce Person - or maybe level 7 and Animal Growth with TTT).

Ain't no one who wants to wait that long and go through all that hassle. Also means generally worse stats (and reach) for your rider (assuming you're going strength, not much reason to make a dex rider since you don't even care about AC.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Hey Owlcat_Eyler if you're still in contact with the crew left to work on WotR, tell 'em to hurry up an release the Mythic and Legend key art as proper player portraits already.
dasha-pospielova-mythic-hero-legend2.jpg

dasha-pospielova-mythic-hero-legend1.jpg

For those of us who want to just want to play as humble heroes of the land.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
WDYM?
Velociraptor is perfectly rideable (although for medium races needs level 7 and Reduce Person - or maybe level 7 and Animal Growth with TTT).

Ain't no one who wants to wait that long and go through all that hassle. Also means generally worse stats (and reach) for your rider (assuming you're going strength, not much reason to make a dex rider since you don't even care about AC.
There's a lot of incentive to go for Dex as a rider. First of all, Initiative. Killing flat-footed enemies of choice before they can even react is golden. Kitsunes are Dex based and they are the only race with built-in Pounce. Smaller characters on smaller mounts have way better charge pathing and minimum charge distance. Dex synergizes with dual-wielding and mounted charges get a lot of bonus damage procs that benefit from many attacks.

I'm having a great time laying siege to Drezen. The map is great and merges the best of both Old Sycamore and the Stag Fortress from Kingmaker. Concisely, it's excellent. The Balor in the courtyard was a chump who didn't make it more than 2 rounds, but the two Votaries in the temple.....ouch. They wrecked me. I'm glad I switched out Lann for Ashrulaee. I didn't think she'd be better on paper, but thus far she's killing exceptionally well. I just entered the dungeon and only opened a few doors. I'll tackle the rest tomorrow.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
Hey Owlcat_Eyler if you're still in contact with the crew left to work on WotR, tell 'em to hurry up an release the Mythic and Legend key art as proper player portraits already.
dasha-pospielova-mythic-hero-legend2.jpg

dasha-pospielova-mythic-hero-legend1.jpg

For those of us who want to just want to play as humble heroes of the land.
Hm... I'm not sure that this will happen any time soon because of the team workload, but I'll tell them

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3696933459136289354?l=english
Update 2.1.2e

Hello, Pathfinders!

Yesterday we’ve discovered, that experimenting with Nenio and polymorph spells can have unexpected consequences such as: not being able to load saved games, empty level up screens, crashes to main menu, and inability to even open a load menu when the game is launched. We’ve prepared the fix for this, which will also fix the already affected saves. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we’ll make sure this experiment is documented in Encyclopedia Golarionnica and that Nenio won’t try to repeat it!
b8562029441c0233f361edd7494863c6234ffacb.jpg

volklore

Arcane
Question about TTT for people who know - in the changelog

Version 1.2.1​

• disabled selective metamagic on non instantaneous effects

That means Selective metamagic does not work with grease, correct ?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Version 1.2.1​

...or Sirrocco or Pits or similar... Yes.

Of course, TTT allows one to disable changes he does not like.

volklore

Arcane

Version 1.2.1​

...or Sirrocco or Pits or similar... Yes.

Of course, TTT allows one to disable changes he does not like.
I am fine with it actually. Will make me build differently. I need to free up feats due to the pretty harsh reqs of loremaster in TTT too, and I need to take persitent earlier since there is the juicy favorite meta : persistent mythic ability that was added.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I am fine with it actually. Will make me build differently. I need to free up feats due to the pretty harsh reqs of loremaster in TTT too, and I need to take persitent earlier since there is the juicy favorite meta : persistent mythic ability that was added.
Yes, this is exactly what I found as well. If you play your cards right fights don't last long enough for Persistent effects to really shines and Prone isn't great with ranged attax in any event. Selective Web will be missed but Phantasmal is Selective already and adds the Nauseate.

Hard to pass up Abundant but with strategic play and/or another character to handle some buffs it's probably doable. The consistency of Mythic Spell Pen/Focus on the Feat side I'm set on but Favorable Meta is a truly game-changing (properly Mythic) ability. TTT nerfs Abundant to 2 extra casts which makes missing it easier to swallow.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
I have no mods (because WotR modders are jerks), but I, too, took Highten and Persistent instead of Selected. I am OK with precise positioning and (sometimes) Seelah on the ground instead of spending a precious feat.

Desiderius

Patron
The actual effect seems to always be significantly wider than the UI indicator. The problem isn't Seelah on the ground, it's Seelah trying to stand up. I've wiped more from own Grease than any other single effect in the game.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
They are moving to EA and Ubisoft territory with these new bugs.
Nothing has changed since Kingmaker patches. You are out of touch, that's all.

Ideally, an Owlcat player waits for the next minor version change before updating. An impatient Owlcat player waits for a week after announced update.

Those who autoupdate games from Owlcat should and will suffer.

Desiderius While I have the TTT Abundant Spells changes off, I find that Intensified Spell + Favorite Metamagic makes it OK to pass up anyway. Normal feat + mythic ability is cheaper than 3 mythic abilities. Boosting just about every spell by 5 dice really keeps those Level 1-5 spell relevant. 10d4 Burning Hands, 15d6 Burning Arc, 15d6 Fireball, 17d6 Dragon's Breath, 20d6 Cone of Cold & Fire Snake. Total game changer by making all of your spells 1 tier better. With the Trickster path it's even better because of UMD III and Completely Normal Spell. Shifting all of those spells down one level is amazing. It's like promoting your spells 2 tiers.

Desiderius

Patron
Desiderius While I have the TTT Abundant Spells changes off, I find that Intensified Spell + Favorite Metamagic makes it OK to pass up anyway. Normal feat + mythic ability is cheaper than 3 mythic abilities. Boosting just about every spell by 5 dice really keeps those Level 1-5 spell relevant. 10d4 Burning Hands, 15d6 Burning Arc, 15d6 Fireball, 17d6 Dragon's Breath, 20d6 Cone of Cold & Fire Snake. Total game changer by making all of your spells 1 tier better. With the Trickster path it's even better because of UMD III and Completely Normal Spell. Shifting all of those spells down one level is amazing. It's like promoting your spells 2 tiers.
I'm not much for nuking in a game where weapons and campnions can do more than enough damage on their own but you do you. Persistent is just such a help with the control and debuff spells I prefer.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
So... Is this game... good? Honestly I'm a little afraid to look at my backlog, perhaps I'll just start with this one...?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom