Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Rev

Arcane
With Fig money. It has less than half the number of backers.:M
True, but investors are not counted as backers, and some of those who pledged for 1k $ or more decided to go for investments this time. It still wouldn't have the numbers of backers PoE and T:ToN had, but a bit more than the current number for sure.

Deleted member 7219

The massive heads on Eder and Aloth are actually quite funny. Especially how they move around so quickly.

And fuck, I forgot how much I love seeing Obsidian people just chatting to each other.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignBodyImage%2Fimage%2Fdata%2F442b8551fe842e69%2Fcee6ae3e684a0010%2F148eeac296d95f34%2F39aca04f32ab1bb7

Ship Crews

Ships alone are pretty awesome, of course, and customizing your ship is even more awesome -- but what about being able to hire and manage the crew of your ship? For the $4.5 million stretch goal, we are introducing just that! Find, hire, and manage a crew for your ship. Once hired, crew members can be assigned roles on the ship, and will play a role in the events and battles that you encounter at sea. Crew members can gain experience and improve at their roles over time. The crew's skills will improve how effective your ship is in combat situations, and the crew can be assigned to defend your ship in the case that you get boarded by a hostile force. If your crew's morale isn't maintained, their effectiveness will go down, and, if you are a truly terrible captain to them, mutiny can even occur. We are also introducing crew dilemmas that will allow you to take charge and be the captain when they look to you for guidance!

Livestream/AMA

Like I said:
- No crew system on the ship - I don't know if I'm happy or unhappy about that. A half-baked ship facebook game would be as bad as the stronghold facebook game, but on the other hand, you have cope with the thought that your companions function as part-time sailors, or... you are sailing on a ghost ship?

i remain suspicious this will feel unsatisfying ingame. And I expect it will be worse than the equivalent - the stronghold miniquests for companions, because if you ignore these minigames it will bite you in the ass - mutiny.

Fairfax

Arcane
some of those who pledged for 1k $ or more decided to go for investments this time.
Very few. The "Fig Funds" are investment reservations from normal users (like my reservation as "rogu ey") and investments from a private offering for accredited investors. There's still no way public offering and no investor materials on Fig, which might be a first, actually.

Fairfax

Arcane
First good news I've seen in a while:

One of the major things is that most of our game data is now in .xml format. It makes it much more human-readable and easier to edit. Adam Brennecke can probably say more about modding overall.

If it's truly most of the game data, it should be possible to restore per-rest magic, party of 6, and tweak the mechanics in general.

Deleted member 7219

Very interesting to have one of the new narrative designers sit in the live stream answering questions.

A future Avellone/Ziets? It's a mystery! Time will tell.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
At this rate, there is a slight possibility of $4.5 mil. I didn't think it was possible. Fulvano's Voyage is a bit more interesting to me, though.

Sizzle

Arcane
At this rate, there is a slight possibility of $4.5 mil. I didn't think it was possible. Fulvano's Voyage is a bit more interesting to me, though.

I'd say there's quite a good chance, actually.

These last few hours are when backers typically up their pledges - both to get those extra added goodies like the DLC, and to help reach those final stretchgoals.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm sold on the noir RPG (of course) but only if MCA is writing it. Nothing should be left to chance with a noir theme.

fobia

Enserric! That was the shapechanging sword's name in HotU!
And I fucking forgot to ask on the AMA whether they're thinking about a similar approach to their talking weapon. -_-

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom