Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Playing Fallout 1 for the first time

The real question is why is a 78/100 game in your top 10. Unless you don't really like RPGs?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I had one major point of frustration and that was initially travelling on the world map and having to encounter endless random encounters as enemies but once I started increasing my outdoor skill that was vastly reduced and the world map became fun

Oh yeah, Fallout 2's random encounters are borked because it's tied to CPU cycles or somesuch. The default from the unofficial patches is set too high, you can modify it yourself to be more reasonable.

Casual Hero

Augur
That top 10 list will definitely put a mark on your head around here, but regardless of all else, having Daggerfall in your top 5 is a huge :obviously: to me.
DF Unity + carefully curated mods is a very special experience.

BruceVC

Magister
That top 10 list will definitely put a mark on your head around here, but regardless of all else, having Daggerfall in your top 5 is a huge :obviously: to me.
i meant DF Unity, its my favorite Bethesda game so far and I havent played Skyrim yet but I will be

Cohesion

Scholar
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
i meant DF Unity, its my favorite Bethesda game so far and I havent played Skyrim yet but I will be
Play Morrowind. After that - Skyrim. Skip Oblivion and Starfield.
Also check World of Xeen (comfy 2D) and Might & Magic 6 (early 3D)
Please post feedback.

Last edited:

Camel

Scholar
But here is my current list with number 1 being my favorite.

1. BG2: ToB
  2. Witcher 3
  3. D:OS2
  4. Daggerfall
  5. BG1
  6. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
  7. Morrowind
  8. Fallout 2
  9. Fallout:NV
  10. ELEX 1
And finally I give F02 a 78/100
italian-spiderman-shocked.gif
7CSD2BW.gif

None

Scholar
Now go play 1.5 and Nevada. If one of the machine translations of Sonora is good you can try that too.

The real question is why is a 78/100 game in your top 10. Unless you don't really like RPGs?
I see this has created some confusion and its understandable

The "BruceVC game rating system " has never given any game a score in the 90s. BG2: ToB scored a 84\100

So any score in the 70's or 80's means its good and or excellent

Those are quite high standards for a mentally stunted individual. Then again, you might just not understand how a scale works.

BruceVC

Magister
I see this has created some confusion and its understandable

The "BruceVC game rating system " has never given any game a score in the 90s. BG2: ToB scored a 84\100

So any score in the 70's or 80's means its good and or excellent

Those are quite high standards for a mentally stunted individual. Then again, you might just not understand how a scale works.
Or you just dont understand how the " BruceVC game rating system " works ....guess we will never know?

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So I have posted this several times but its always interesting and the list can obviously get updated and its difficult to decide" whats your top 10 games " because I have played so many good games. But here is my current list with number 1 being my favorite.

2. Witcher 3
  4. Daggerfall
  5. BG1
  7. Morrowind
  8. Fallout 2
  10. ELEX 1

Autistic lists lead to ridicules results born from scrambled minds. I'm happy you're having fun though.

BruceVC

Magister
So I have posted this several times but its always interesting and the list can obviously get updated and its difficult to decide" whats your top 10 games " because I have played so many good games. But here is my current list with number 1 being my favorite.

2. Witcher 3
  4. Daggerfall
  5. BG1
  7. Morrowind
  8. Fallout 2
  10. ELEX 1

Autistic lists lead to ridicules results born from scrambled minds. I'm happy you're having fun though.

Well any list of top 10 games is going to be subjective by nature, its obviously going to differ from person to person

We not all going to ever have the same list in the same order of preference

laclongquan

Arcane
i have decided Im going to play FO3 again and continue my Wasteland adventures but not right now
I would suggest, strongly, that you play Tale of Two Wasteland, aka F3inNV. The original F3 should only be played if you feel real curious, and absolutely not worth it if you dont have that curiousity.
In term of game engine, F3 compare to FNV is even worse than F1 compare to F2. Much worse.

Lemming42

Arcane
Tale of Two Wastelands is good but it causes a few balance issues in Fo3, especially with Super Mutants iirc. Much more stable, but there's a tradeoff.

Original Fo3 can run relatively stably these days with a few script extender fixes.

Lemming42

Arcane
Btw BruceVC since you said you liked to play games modded, I have some Fo3 suggestions:

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch (obviously)

D.C. Interiors Project (just adds some more interiors to buildings that were not enterable in the base game, blends perfectly with vanilla)

Simply Uncut (restores some cut stuff)

Crimson and Clover Over and Over (adds some challenging and varied skill checks to rescue the two women being held in Paradise Falls, blends seamlessly into the game)

Fellout (but only if you don't like the green filter in the original game. honestly, I kind of prefer the original murky look these days)

Explosive Entry (lets you use grenades to blow up locked containers. doesn't hurt balance since it's based on explosive skill and you might destroy the loot inside the container)

That was my entire modlist last time I played and it was was very stable and good fun. The more you mod Fo3, the worse it shits itself, so a minimal modlist is best, and unlike Oblivion the game doesn't really need any major mechanical overhauls to stop it from being shit.

BruceVC

Magister
I am playing FO1 for the first time with the Fixt mod and Im about 6 hours into the game
Is this Fixt mod necessary ? I haven't come back to Fallout since at least 15 years but I remember the GOG version + High Res mod was running well.
I used it because it added so many new things and fixes

But apparently its not necessary but I mod most games to enhance them

Jinx1337

Novice
Fixt got replaced by TeamX Unofficial Patch which in turn got replaced by Fallout Et Tu (FO1 in FO2 engine with shit from the TeamX UP).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom