Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Please ban exmit

relootz

Scholar
commie said:
Lay off Exmit, he's ok, no worse than Liberal.

No worse the LiboreALL

Holy shit :lol:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

We've been having spam attacks like once a month now, and every time one whole forum gets ruined. At least the latest of the shitty spammers has restricted it to GD (no big loss) but the previous time GG was the victim. Next time it'll be the Playground or even RPG News.

This has to stop.

I'll even settle for a time limit (say no more than X posts per Y minutes) if it means we no longer have to put up with this shit.

Does no one other than DarkUnderlord have the ability to ban users? How about implementing a "semi"-ban (account freeze, or posting freeze) ability on the most trusted mods, so they can put a stop to the spamming spree until DU gets up from his beauty sleep and can more permanently fix the problem?

It's a sad day when the Codex must take such measures, but there's a fine line between "no moderation, feel free to post whatever shit you want" and "no moderation, feel free to ruin the whole forum whenever you want".

Murk

Arcane
Jason/Baby Arm has banning rights, and if I'm not mistaken Calis does too.

Anyway, its probably that they're not around right now but a mod (trash, jarlfrank, dethjam, kc) can cut the shit posts and shove 'em in retardo land in a combined thread or something.

great, now he's in playground - fucker needs to be banned

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
While he is a dick, it's a pity to ban him. He knows assembly.

I've put him on ignore obviously.

Exmit said:
Jaesun said:
Will you please fucking ban this shit fucking cock sucking shit fucker, he's spamming advenure gaming forum:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=50704

are you dense or what ? this is a real adventure game that was released a week ago.

and yes , that is the full title of the game.

Looks like he covered them in batter or something. Poor guy must be completely dehydrated.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Mikayel said:
Jason/Baby Arm has banning rights, and if I'm not mistaken Calis does too.
While I think Calis is a cool guy, I wouldn't exactly rely on him to be here every day to put a stop to the madness.

a mod (trash, jarlfrank, dethjam, kc) can cut the shit posts and shove 'em in retardo land
Yes... and he can create more shitty necros faster than the mod can retardo them. The point is to put a stop to the spamming as soon as possible, not to reach a balance where 90% of a forum is spam until Jason or DU appear.

great, now he's in playground - fucker needs to be banned
Serves me right for giving him ideas I guess :(

Topher

Cipher
What was the reason for banning Exmit exactly? I get bethesdalove, he's blatantly committing account suicide with all this stupid necro, but I don't see the big problem with Exmit.

Cassidy

Arcane
People no longer have creativity when they want to induce others to forcefully get them rid of their habits in the Internet. First Entertainer, now this. Spamming an entire monologue of insanity would have been more amusing.

Murk

Arcane
Ahhh, the merciless fist of authority has acted and our resident spammer is expelled from our ranks.

Many thanks to the powers that be, glory in the name of the prestigious magazine, and all manner of etc.

Murk

Arcane
moa-liehk

Mikayel said:
nazi6.png

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I don't know who the fuck who is, but I'm seeing his number of posts, and I'm wondering how you can have that much. I guess some did worst, but you really have to try hard. I feel like I post a lot and it says I have an average of 1.5 post by day or something. These people have 15, what the fuck is that? Seriously I spend a lot of time on the Codex. You have to click on a lot of threads and write a lot of most likely stupid shit to have 15 posts per day. It's not like this is a chat room or something, what am I missing?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Serious_Business said:
I don't know who the fuck who is, but I'm seeing his number of posts, and I'm wondering how you can have that much. I guess some did worst, but you really have to try hard. I feel like I post a lot and it says I have an average of 1.5 post by day or something. These people have 15, what the fuck is that? Seriously I spend a lot of time on the Codex. You have to click on a lot of threads and write a lot of most likely stupid shit to have 15 posts per day. It's not like this is a chat room or something, what am I missing?

Try /gd/

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Put him on ignore, then go to your ignore settings and enable "hide threads."

Exmit

Scholar
From ban thread - to custom tag thread
That's how i roll :smug:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Custom tag will but you in such pleasant company as Andhaira, Racofer, Cleve, Nomask, Volly, Bryce...

This is how you roll, indeed :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom