Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] How do you feel about buttons?

How do you feel about buttons?

• Bring them back, they added a much needed something something etc...

Votes: 184 44.9%
  • I liked them, but am concerned about Forum performance issues - can this be resolved?

Votes: 43 10.5%
  • Keep them away please.

Votes: 140 34.1%
  • Comrade of Kings

Votes: 43 10.5%

• Total voters

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
IMO, people who go overboard with gifs should be given tags, not "buttons, so they don't have to post memes". Anyone with the argument "better give me buttons or I'll post memes" has revealed himself as a retarded dipshit. Congratulations.

Anyone too bothered with buttons can always use uBlock or AdBlock to block them. The downside is that they'll still be visible on your mobile devices, where their effect is the worst really.

I like the idea of buttons DLC. That way I won't have them and I'll block them for everyone who was dumb enough to have paid for them
:happytrollboy:
Use Tapatalk. No buttons.
I tried, but I hated its color theme

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I said mainly correct? So it can be both but mainly one. Douche.
Yeah, but then you said it "just", as in "only", "seems like the quality around here went down a little bit."

If you said it "also" seemed like the quality had gone down a little bit, maybe you'd have a point. But maybe you are just too dumb to phrase a sentence correctly, so I'll skip over this.
For the record the button suggestion is halfway there, but you're still a faggot for implying I care if any of you upvote or downvote me.
lol, how is it "halfway there"? What would "all the way there" look like to you as far as my suggestion goes?

All the way there would entail the buttons being removed. Seems like you just like being a douche and buttons make that easier for you.

Turjan

Arcane
I voted against the buttons. They take up much too much screen real estate, which would not change even with better performance. And the performance with buttons sucked for me.

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Ng2Q5l9.png

Oh, wow, mah ship is certainly going places. :love:
So, while we are at some p. serious discussion, how about it (ship) is added to the Codexian Trolls smiles?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

All the way there would entail the buttons being removed.
lol, I knew it. You realized I got you by saying that you'd agree with my suggestion to have a setting to simply hide ratings if aesthetics really were your main issue with it, but you couldn't own up to it and so you bullshitted about it being "halfway there" to make it sound like I was wrong. Pathetic.
Seems like you just like being a douche and buttons make that easier for you.
I'd rather be a douche than a transparent fraud who is really just assmad about negative ratings on his posts, but makes up loftier-sounding reasons like "aesthetics" because he knows that if he actually owns up to it, he'll be called a massive faggot. :lol:

ArchAngel

Arcane
They were literally the only thing that convinced me to return to the forums, tbh. Like, who could resist the urge to stamp angry Trump faces on everything???
Is this what you want Codex? People with 19 posts just spamming shitty buttons all over the 'Dex?

Severian Silk

Maybe we should start a thread on which buttons we should keep and which we should discard.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

They were literally the only thing that convinced me to return to the forums, tbh. Like, who could resist the urge to stamp angry Trump faces on everything???
wtf, shouldn't be able to. Trump faces are reserved only for the chosen few. :obviously:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I really liked the funny rating and I think there needs to be at least 'disagree' as well. If the Codex had only Brofists, Funny and Disagree, that'd be enough for me.

Also, for all the butthurt faggots, "disagree" would be less upsetting than shit, retarded, cuck or butthurt.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Buttons will win the day! Sometimes I make a post that gets some mehs, a couple of best deals, a shit, and 3 it was aliens. This sort of quantum level system is the new best way to quantify the level of a post. Old brofists are a dead system.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom