Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
lNtvQAN.gif

Filthy peasants :obviously:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I used to go PC for western games and go console for the good japanese exclusives. Turns out those have pretty much disappeared from the surface of Earth. Can't see a reason to buy a console.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Sony's machine is cheaper, more powerful, has a hype advantage and was already winning outside of kwa anyway.
That doesn't automatically translate in higher sales.
I don't think either will sell better than last time by that much, however. The days of 200 million people buying a console like the PS2 are long gone, for a variety of reasons..
One reason, Microsoft and Nintendo stepped up and made popular consoles themselves.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Some short 30-second clips of Ryse if anyone's interested. Video quality isn't too bad (compressed 720p).You just say "Xbox record that" and the last 30 seconds of gameplay are recorded and temporarily stored. You can then download the "Upload Studio" app and upload 'em. Unfortunately they can only be viewed over Xbox Live and Skydrive at the moment, but youtube integration is supposed to be coming. It would be nice if there were an official way of taking screen captures, though.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=C378926C4EF3FCEF!704&authkey=!AIg_7QRyMUDGmuU&ithint=folder,

Looks kinda like Witcher 2 combat, except janky as fuck. Witcher 2 didn't have very good combat, but at least the animations looked cool. Ryse simply seems unfinished, if you removed all the graphical bling, it'd be indistinguishable from mid budget shovelware like Arcania.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Looks kinda like Witcher 2 combat, except janky as fuck. Witcher 2 didn't have very good combat, but at least the animations looked cool. Ryse simply seems unfinished, if you removed all the graphical bling, it'd be indistinguishable from mid budget shovelware like Arcania.

Coincidentally, all three games were developed by Eastern European studios.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

No, just Witcher 2. Neither Frankfurt nor Offenburg lie in Eastern Europe.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

Neither does Warsaw, if we want to be geographically correct.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

Neither does Warsaw, if we want to be geographically correct.

Yeah, but it's fairly reasonable (and common) to consider Poland to be a part of Eastern Europe, even if not strictly geographically correct. Frankfurt, on the other hand...

Clearly you've never been to Germany.

Clearly, you've never been to Eastern Europe proper.

IF only one out of a PC, console is affordable, it is common sense to go with PC. I f you are rich and don't care about the high cost of playing a few exclusives... by all means get a ps4 but w8 a few years till they get their hardware right and there are worthwhile exclusives.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
IF only one out of a PC, console is affordable, it is common sense to go with PC. I f you are rich and don't care about the high cost of playing a few exclusives... by all means get a ps4 but w8 a few years till they get their hardware right and there are worthwhile exclusives.
Buying console as it is released is not a good idea has never been good idea as you said. I always wait 2-3 years for the console to get cheaper and game market to go beyond hastily released tech demos. Games get cheaper after 1 year too so i always follow the gaming industry(PC included) at least 1 year behind.

I remember when Xbox was first released in my country it was around 600-700$. I got it for 250$ with two controllers and i never paid for any game.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom