Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random 0kb HTML download?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
When you go into your downloaded files history, do the files show up there? What's their source url?

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Best I can find is it's something do with https vs http and Firefox being a POS.

Try this:

This can be caused by downloading a file over an insecure HTTP link from a secure HTTPS page (i.e.there is mixed content on the page).

You can try to modify this pref on the about:config page to see if that has effect.

Failing that, uninstall Firefox and use a better browser.

If that still doesn't work, kill yourself.

Let me know which result works for you.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
I assume you found this in the Mozilla support thread here?

Same thread also suggests that if you can fix this on the server side by ensuring you don't have any resources with no specified protocol. e.g. //picsum.photos/200.jpg

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
I assume you found this in the Mozilla support thread here?

Same thread also suggests that if you can fix this on the server side by ensuring you don't have any resources with no specified protocol. e.g. //picsum.photos/200.jpg
Yes but think about it for a moment.

Your browser is finding links with no specified protocol (like, how the internet works) and it's saying, "I will now generate a 0kb htm file with a random name".

At what point did somebody program that? Makes you think.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It seems to work. Thanks, administration, for troubleshooting things for me so I don't have to do it myself.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
Your browser is finding links with no specified protocol (like, how the internet works) and it's saying, "I will now generate a 0kb htm file with a random name".

At what point did somebody program that? Makes you think.
Definitely seems like a feature to me.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
this only happens to me (before and after redesign) when I open rpgcodex while using full screen mode (f11)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom