Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 2 info bundle

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Don't know if you guys have seen this yet. It's a large collection of miscellaneous facts about the game based on devoloper forum posts. Found the link in the ITS thread.

http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showt ... hp?t=54048

I think I'll drum up an interview for them in the near future. After playing Risen 1 I'm interested in this game.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
I like the idea of the pc having become a lazy drunken bum, I just hope there's no self-pitying emo crap.
of course, expect many pirates; but not "Caribbean" type, rather the "bandits sailing the seas" type.
Fuck yes. Pirates are going to be bitter angry cunts who just don't give a fuck, as they should be. :smug:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ruprekt said:
the hero is the same as in the former opus, but he is a broken and disillusioned person who turned to alcohol.

:rpgcodex:
It's the olde excuse to explain why you lost your l33t skills.

Anyways I liked Gothic 1-2 a lot, but somehow Risen didn't grab me. Maybe it's because you start in a wilderness area? I hate exploration without purpose. Hopefully R2 does a better job to hook me in.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Ismaul said:
Anyways I liked Gothic 1-2 a lot, but somehow Risen didn't grab me. Maybe it's because you start in a wilderness area? I hate exploration without purpose.

And you had a purpose to explore the world in G1 and G2 differently how?

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
the combat system is slightly different than in Risen 1 and not easier.
I wish other devs were like PB, they understand the importance of keeping good challenge in games.

Ismaul said:
I liked Gothic 1-2 a lot, but somehow Risen didn't grab me. Maybe it's because you start in a wilderness area? I hate exploration without purpose. Hopefully R2 does a better job to hook me in.
Huh, you did have a purpose. You've been stranded in the middle of the woods after a ship wreck, your goals are to find shelter and supplies, and help the other survivor.

Ismaul said:
Ruprekt said:
the hero is the same as in the former opus, but he is a broken and disillusioned person who turned to alcohol.

:rpgcodex:
It's the olde excuse to explain why you lost your l33t skills.

You know, I've seen this sort of thing a lot in movies and books (especially cowboy westerns), but I can't think of a game where the main character is a ex-badass drunkard. Usually it's something like Amnesia. Funny how a rare medical condition comes up more in games than a really common problem like alcohol abuse.

ortucis

Prophet
Not only were the women dressed like sluts but had pretty shitty character models in Risen.

No wonder PB haven't been able to attract BioWare's prestigious audience. Adding a few pointless LGBT romances will help make it a commercial success as well. Also, I expect star rating for my equipment. I can't believe no one thought of putting stars on lvl50 Armor of Mordor in their games to help gamers decide.. decide whether to wear it or fucking kill themselves.

Off-topic?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Honestly do people care why their characters are getting stronger, or why they start out weak? Sobering up seems like a pretty fun way. I think this is something people just take for granted anyway when they are actually playing the game. As long as you are met with challenges of any kind you'll expect to get stronger from it.

tetsuo

Scholar
ortucis said:
Not only were the women dressed like sluts but had pretty shitty character models in Risen.

Not only the women almost all character models looked like total shit, im usually not a graphic whore but this really distracted me from the beautifull gameworld, well ok this and the shitty dof effect but atleast i could disable that.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
ortucis said:

No wonder PB haven't been able to attract BioWare's prestigious audience. Adding a few pointless LGBT romances will help make it a commercial success as well. Also, I expect star rating for my equipment. I can't believe no one thought of putting stars on lvl50 Armor of Mordor in their games to help gamers decide.. decide whether to wear it or fucking kill themselves.

Off-topic?

You do remember gothic 1 don't you?
That was really fucked up.

Go play Arcania faggot

arcania sucked even more

i mean all gothics sucked but arcania was on whole new level

that shit was utter retarded. compared to arcania risen was decent game, at least first two acts were :smug:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'd be impressed if they could get more than 1 or 2 female voice actors to voice all the women in the game.

ortucis

Prophet
Unkillable Cat said:
I'd be impressed if they could get more than 1 or 2 female voice actors to voice all the women in the game.

Yeah, wasting money on hiring more voice actors for generic NPCs will make it a better game. Just like high quality voice acting in DA2 does.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom