Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 2 info bundle

Raapys

Arcane
Kraszu said:
Raapys said:
True, but it wasn't so much the engine I was concerned about( being released for consoles pretty much ensures a certain level of QA before release) as it was the actual content they have to fill it with.

Less time spend on engine = more time to polish content. :M
On the other hand, 2 years for Risen 2 development( assuming release this year, which seems likely) vs 3-4 years for G3 which used the same engine as G1&G2.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Captain Shrek said:
A quick request: I am on my 1.5th playthrough in Risen. I am in harbourtown and I may have broken the main quest. I did 3 quests for bandits and 3 quests for the Order and now there seem to be no quests left and I can't join either faction:

I did the following for bandits:

1) Delgado extortion quest
2) Toni's Amulet quest
3) Lukor's armour plate quest

I did the following three for the Order:

1) Got rid of Cid
2) Got rid of Weasel
3) Got Romanov's gold

Is it really broken? Or is there one more savior quest? The Golden bowl (artifact) quest seems to be post-faction joining.

So do I have to reply? (my earlier save is in the Bandit Camp, when I JUST enter it :( ).
I honestly don't know, you could try looking for a Risen walkthrough and see if you missed something. On my playthrough I was sided with the Bandits since the start so I didn't have that sort of problem.

Kraszu

Prophet
That is all? I recall more quests.

You could always go to the monastery. You jump out of the city, even the miner tells you about it. See if there are quest in bandits camp or go to the monastery.

Kraszu

Prophet
Raapys said:
Kraszu said:
Raapys said:
True, but it wasn't so much the engine I was concerned about( being released for consoles pretty much ensures a certain level of QA before release) as it was the actual content they have to fill it with.

On the other hand, 2 years for Risen 2 development( assuming release this year, which seems likely) vs 3-4 years for G3 which used the same engine as G1&G2.

G3 used new engine.

Kraszu

Prophet
Captain Shrek said:
Kraszu said:
That is all? I recall more quests.

You could always go to the monastery. You jump out of the city, even the miner tells you about it.

Yes. But then they will have to haul my ass to the monastry to become the Warrior of the order. I wanted to become a mage in second play-through.

Choices, and consequences, prepare yourself for some floor sweeping. :M

Should been working for the Order to become a mage.

JoKa

Cipher
you should do the golden bowl quest, as that is the seventh quest (as a tie-breaker...an even number would've been stupid, no?) in the city. which one do you still need? have you tried entering the big house in which tge third digger is imprisoned at night via a window?

Kraszu

Prophet
What about quest for the mage that wants to help people? You fed ex some potions for him, and get boars skins if I recall correctly he has something to do with recommending you for a mage.

JoKa

Cipher
Captain Shrek said:
JoKa said:
you should do the golden bowl quest, as that is the seventh quest (as a tie-breaker...an even number would've been stupid, no?) in the city. which one do you still need? have you tried entering the big house in which tge third digger is imprisoned at night via a window?

That quest is ONLY completed AFTER joining a faction.

sorry, but no, it isn't - just checked the walkthrough.

Raapys

Arcane
Kraszu said:
Raapys said:
Kraszu said:
Raapys said:

G3 used new engine.
You're right. But ironically, Risen appears to be using Gothic3's engine.

http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/3d-engine-genome

Kraszu

Prophet
Captain Shrek said:
JoKa said:
Captain Shrek said:
JoKa said:

That quest is ONLY completed AFTER joining a faction.

sorry, but no, it isn't - just checked the walkthrough.

Link?

http://guides.gamepressure.com/risen/guide.asp?ID=8373

JoKa

Cipher
here
in german of course.
if you had asked more information i would've given them to you already- most likely you need the last of the golden bowls, which is in the lighthouse, accessible via a telekinesis-scroll. hope this helps.

Captain Shrek

JoKa said:
here
in german of course.
if you had asked more information i would've given them to you already- most likely you need the last of the golden bowls, which is in the lighthouse, accessible via a telekinesis-scroll. hope this helps.

:?

I have all the fucking BOWLS. They can't be disposed until a way out of the town is found...

Kraszu

Prophet
Captain Shrek said:
JoKa said:
here
in german of course.

I have all the fucking BOWLS. They can't be disposed until a way out of the town is found...

Carasco is not giving you the quest? You don't have dialogue options when you show up with 3 golden bowls?
Can't you do this quest but just close the possibility of helping miners to run?

Captain Shrek

Kraszu said:
Captain Shrek said:
JoKa said:
here
in german of course.

Carasco is not giving you the quest? You don't have dialogue options when you show up with 3 golden bowls?

No!!!! Also, another question: If I do Fincher's quest to kill Rudolf's men, do I get to be a mage?

Kraszu

Prophet
Captain Shrek said:
Kraszu said:
Captain Shrek said:
JoKa said:
here
in german of course.

No!!!! Also, another question: If I do Fincher's quest to kill Rudolf's men, do I get to be a mage?

You can't go to the whorehouse use the switch, beat Scordio take his key, and open the exit of the city?

Captain Shrek

Kraszu said:
You can't go to the whorehouse use the switch, beat Scordio take his key, and open the exit of the city?

The switch behind the picture does not activate for me. I guessed that it required all 4 quests to be finished.

JoKa

Cipher
the switch should work without 'knowing' about it - no quests required at all. i did it in my last playthrough.

Captain Shrek

JoKa said:
the switch should work without 'knowing' about it - no quests required at all. i did it in my last playthrough.

That's strange. Its definitely not working for me. Do you have the 1.01 patch?

Kraszu

Prophet
From rpgwatch forum.

"1)The brothel door - press the painting where baths are

2)The beach - Scordo has keys

3)The Don's house - press switch from tunnels (where you go up some stairs) + from other side-press the picture in the Don's study in his house (first floor to your right, room with throne-chair) to connect to tunnels - you have to sneak inside - do it at night off course

4)Leonardo's house - Leonardo has keys from the outside and press switch to connect to tunnels (I think I opened it with Lock-picking level 2 as well…and definitely by beating him up )"

Coboney

Scholar
Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Looking like Risen 2 is going to be very good - really looking forward to it!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Know what, folks? Risen 2 needs only five fixes to compete with TWitcher 2 for the Best RPG of the Decade title. Yeah, just five. According to a gaming site no one ever reads.

Among those five little fixes, there's this:

4. Don't Level Cap Me - For the love of our Lord, Europe. Can you please cut it out with the Level Caps that force us to pidgeon hole our character development. If I want a character that is just as strong in magic as he is in sword play, can you please find it in your heart to let me work toward that? Please make Risen the first 360 Euro RPG to break this horrible tradition.

But what if I want to be a fighter, a mage, AND a dragon? Europe, don't let me down.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom